Copyright (c) 2014 by Macaroni Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Macaroni -- Blogmeister

2008-2009

We are excited for a new way to share some of our writing with you. Enjoy! Locations of visitors to this page

by Macaroni

teacher: Molly McGraw

Salmon 05/05/09
If I were teacher . . . 05/05/09
A fun year 04/23/09
Simile 04/20/09
??? 02/17/09
Winter Vacation 01/06/09
_____ Island 12/16/08

Title: Election 2008 (12/16/08)
Description: Should kids be allowed to vote in elections? Why? Why not?

Mandarin

Kids shouldn’t be allowed to vote in elections because they probably pay more attention to how people look. For example: They will say “I like that person. I’m going to vote for him!” Politics are also very hard to under stand. You should vote for someone because of his plans. That is why children shouldn’t be allowed to vote in elections

I think kids should be able to vote. But only kids eight and up. It makes kids feel important. Plus it’s going to be all kids president so I think it should be partly their decision. That is why I think that kids should be able to vote.

I think kids should be able to vote. But only kids eight and up. It makes kids feel important. Plus it’s going to be the kids’ president too. So I think it should be partly their decision. That is why I think that kids should be able to vote.

I think kids should be tested and if they pass the test they can vote. That way you know that they know what they’re doing-- not voting by chance. But I still think there should be a certain age such as kids 10 or over can take the test. I think kids should have some voteing rhights but not as much as experienced grown ups. (18 and older would be the age you would not have to take the test.) That way voting would be fair and hopefully every one would be happy.

Jalapeno

I think that kids under 16 shouldn’t be aloud to vote in elections. My reason is that kids are under the influence of parents and friends. The reason this is bad is simpley becouse some (most) pepole have feelings about these kind of things and the kids would just follow along. My second reason is that kids don’t need to be involved with to much politics. This is my personl opinion. The end.

I think “yes” under some circumstances. To vote as a kid they have to pass a test that makes sure you can read and know about candidates, government, and the United States of America. There’s an exception if you’re 18 and older then you don’t have to take the test. You have to take the test because if you don’t and you’re a kid you might vote for what you’re parents are voting for and don’t take time to watch each candidate. I can’t wait to VOTE!

I think that kids should be allowed to vote. My first reason is a lot of the important things include kids. Another reason is some kids need to get more involved in what is happening to the place we call earth. And some kids might have to write an essay on the president. And it might inspire some kids to become president. It might be fun to get used to doing some-thing on their own. And it might be fun to vote. And if kids got involved, pollution just might end. So some day kids should get to vote!

Kids should not be allowed to vote because their parents have too much control over them. They would tell them who they want for president. A six year old kid wouldn’t know what they were talking about even if they were trying to convince them who to vote for. It wouldn’t be fair for people with ten kids because they would get way more votes than a family with one kids. Voting is a big decision so I would want to wait until I know more about the world.