Copyright (c) 2014 by Jolly Rancher Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jolly Rancher -- Blogmeister

2008-2009

We are excited for a new way to share some of our writing with you. Enjoy! Locations of visitors to this page

by Jolly Rancher

teacher: Molly McGraw

When I was little, I wanted to warm up some syrup for my pancakes. So I poured some into a plastic cup and put it in the microwave. Then I pushed the wrong button on the microwave and walked away. Five minutes later, the microwave went off and I opened the little door. Inside there was a heap of burned cup and syrup all over. I promissed my Mom I would never do that again.

Here is a solution to our class problem:

* Be nice to EVERYBODY and COOPERATE with each other.

The grocery bag is a nest for my box of eggs which is as delicate as a whistling feather.

My teacher told me to post this, so here it goes.

I think it would be less likely for me to break my leg in school today. I say this because it definitely not certain and it is not impossible. But it is probably not likely because breaking you leg is something that usually doesn’t happen. That is my report on probability for today and for how likely it is for someone to break their leg. BYE!

During Spring break, I’m going on a trip to Canada and staying in a hotel near Water Mania. That hotel is also near a place where there is a bowling alley, a movie theater, and some other cool stuff. We will get there on Tuesday and are planning to stay with another family. First we will go to Water Mania. Then we maybe will go bowling and to the movies. We are planning to drive home on Wednesday.

Crunch, crunch, nbble, nibble. I don’t know why, but Oreos are SO addicting! They are crunchy and creamy at the same time. My Mom doesn’t let me have them much because she is addicted to them too. When I devour my Oreos, I have a special way to eat them.

The first step to how I eat my Oreo cookies is to crunch the top off of each tasty treat. The top always tastes like a chocolate factory. (Without anything inedible.) I bite off the edges slowly and let them dissolve in my mouth. Then I move on to the next step.

This is my second favorite step, TAKING OFF THE FROSTING!!!! When I take off the frosting, I use my finger to scrape it on to a napkin or paper towel. Then I put that aside and yet to come, my third step.

Now I always like to have a clean workspace, so I guzzle up all the crumbs in sight. You know I took the frosting off the Oreo and that is why I dip the last cracker in milk. Both flavors together taste like a brownie with frosting. Next up my favorite step, EATING the frosting.

The best part, the exciting part, the white stuff in the middle, the …. FROSTING=http://=http://=http:// I first stare happily at my frosting. Next I roll the soft, creamy frosting into a ball. Lastly I nibble at the cream until it is gone. (As I write this I start sniffling, “ Why did you have to go, Oreo?)

That is how I eat my delicious, stupendous, chocolaty, patterned Oreo. So if you haven’t tried one of these luscious cookies, YOU’RE CRAZY! Save up your money and the next time you pass the Oreo isle, grab yourself a pack and taste the creamy goodness inside.

Crazy Crash

We were traveling as fast as we could (all 50 of us) on no water, no food, and no shelter. Finally we reached a clearing in the forest and we could see the remains of an old air force plane. But POOF! Suddenly it wasn’t just an air force plane there was a Ferris wheel and a Tilt-a-Whirl machine.

Well then I turned back to the air force plane. My Dad was standing on top of it. POOF! The plane and POOF! I looked around and I saw a hotel. An old man was standing next to me holding his cat saying,” It’s OK Bessie. It’s OK.” His cane was shaking and he was warring a plaid blue shirt. Then the pilot announced that we were taking off. I buckled my seat belt and we were off. We were 10,000 feet in the air before one of the engines stopped. The other one stopped too but we still had control of the wings.

Screaming, we plummeted down on to a mountain. We went up and down and up again, sliding down the mountainside. Finally we reached the ground at the exact place we started at. We unloaded and when I got off I noticed that I had left my coat on the plane.

Once I was out, I looked around and no one was there. Then I looked up the road and saw everybody at the restaurant. I walked up to it and my grandpa greeted me. POOF!! Suddenly my friend Megan was standing next to me. “Jocelyn, I want you and your friend to help my separate the horse food,” my Grandpa said. “Put the giant popcorn and Nerds in the blue bin and the nuts, bolts and horse feed in the red bin.” “Then I want you to WAKE UP JOCELYN!!” My eyes snapped open, “Do you have my DS charger?” my brother asked. “No but you can use mine,” I said. Wow, I thought, I should stop watching those weird TV shows!!!

1. Magyk; Angie Sage

I liked this book because of the adventures and mystical creatures the main characters face such as the Bogart. I also liked the made up words like partikuler.

2. The City of Ember ; Jeanne Duprau

I really liked how the author described the main characters, Lina and Doon.

3. Maniac Magee ; Jerry Spinelli

I liked how the author made a funny side and a sad side of Maniac Magee’s story.

4. Walk Two Moons ; Sharon Creech

I liked the detail the author added when describing how the characters looked. For example, she described the character Ben as a funny looking boy in a plaid shirt with brown hair.

5. The View From Saturday ; E.L. Konigsberg

I liked how each character’s point of view carried the story along and when all the characters ended up in the same place, invited to a tea at a Bed and Breakfast.

6. Ida B. And Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster, and (Possibly) Save the World; Katherine Hannigan

What I liked about this book is that the main character kept trying and finally made her goals.

7. The People of Sparks; Jeanne Duprau

What I liked about this book is the moral. The moral was if you choose to fight you can stop if you do something nice for the other side.

8. The Prophet of Yonwood; Jeanne Duprau

I liked how the moral of this story was to make sure you know what you’re talking about before you tell everyone in town to release your dog to the wild because a delirious wise old woman says NO DOGS.

9. I, Freddy; Dietlof Reichie

What I liked about this book are the humorous guinea pigs, Enrico and Caruso, who always seem to be getting on Freddy’s nerves.

10. The Willoughbys; Lois Lowry

I connected with one of the main characters named Jane because of her struggle to tolerate her brothers.

The book Gossamer is about an adventurous dream giver named Littlest One. She is assigned to a house to give dreams to an elderly woman. She has a creative mind and has to face the evil Sinisteeds who gather in a horde. Sinisteeds give nightmares and cause trouble for littlest. To find out what happens next you should read this book.

This book has different points of view that bounce back and forth between characters. John, (The sassy boy who back-talks to his care taker) Has a hidden sense of humor. I think the sad part about this book is that John’s Dad was so mean to him and his Mom when John was a kid.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes dreams and adventure. Join Littlest and Thin Elderly in this heroic book.

Hi! I had great week!  I had a bunch of sleepovers while my mom and dad were in Mexico.  I missed them though. BYE!