Copyright (c) 2015 by Derek Milloy Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Derek Milloy -- Blogmeister

Growing Awareness-

Mr. Milloy's Class

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Click "comment" to leave your thoughts on any particular article. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by Derek Milloy

Eric Walters, inspiring author for kids
Cynthia Kadohata, author of Kira Kira, Winner of the 2005 Newbery Medal
Mr Fisher's class, Snow Lake, MB
Deborah Hodge, children's author

Article posted October 6, 2015 at 03:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

We've just had our annual Terry Fox Run at our school and have been looking at the story of his Marathon of Hope. It seems that every point in the story prompts some memorable, important moment that gives us pause as we try to get our heads around the magnitude of what he undertook and the impact he has had on the lives of so many people.

As I look back on his story and his actions, I think that what impresses me most is Terry's integrity. But there are many powerful words to describe that brave young man. What stands out for you?