Copyright (c) 2014 by Ms. Rothmier Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ms. Rothmier -- Blogmeister

Rothmier's Royal Ramblings

Welcome to our blogs. We are a fourth grade class in Colorado, and we’ll be posting our blogs throughout the school year. Some of the students’ blogs will be responses to assignments; some will be sharing their creative writings; and some will just want to strike up a conversation – or friendship – with their readers. We hope you stop by often, and enjoy the writings. We also hope that you share your thoughts and some information about yourself, your school, and your geographic location. Happy blogging!!!!

by Ms. Rothmier

You have had nearly a month to think about all the books you've read so far this year. You should think of a favorite, that you were able to check out from our school library, to write a review on.

All reviews must follow the Writing Process. Instead of putting your final copy on loose-leaf paper for submission, it should be written in your Writer's Workshop notebook, along with your plan and revised and edited draft. Your final copy MUST BE APPROVED by me, before posting to your blog page.

ALL POSTS ARE DUE BY 11:30 A.M., FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009

Book Review Guidelines:

Start with an intriguing lead. (“Oh how sad…”)

The first paragraph is a complete, brief summary of the book – without giving away the ending, (“cliffhanger”). Include some emotion and feelings.

The next paragraph gives the reviewer’s opinion of the book, and supports it with details from the story. The reviewer might make a connection with the book to another book, author, movie, or life experience. Focus on particular elements: characters, setting, time, problem, or events.

The final paragraph makes recommendations for who might like the book, and why.

Article posted December 12, 2008 at 03:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 516

Welcome back! Right now, we’re learning Wikis: a web tool for doing research. With a Wiki, (think “Wikipedia”), the children can research a topic, and compile all their notes in the same place, to be read - and added to - by everyone in the group, whenever / where ever. Currently, we are researching the different holidays that occur this time of year: Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Religious Christmas, and “Santa” Christmas.

As far as our next blog posting, the children will be writing a review of a GREAT book they’ve read so far this year, (from our school library). The students will give a summary of the book, what they liked best about it, and why they recommend it for a class mate. Stay tuned…You might find a book you’d like to read next!

This is the first blogging assignment for this year's fourth graders. After following the Writing Process, the students were required to post an introduction of themselves. Once they've posted, they are invited to read the other blogs, and comment on at least two. Take a look at what the kids have done, and feel free to post your own comments. Please be aware that for the safety of the children, all posts are routed through my site (for approval), prior to posting to the children's site.

2008-2009 4th Graders

No Links added yet!