Copyright (c) 2014 by SS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SS -- Blogmeister

5B

by SS

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Title: 5B - Personal Narrative (11/30/10)

Article posted December 2, 2010 at 09:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 229

Who said that a fifth doesn’t know how to prepare a slide and use a microscope properly? Well yes, a few weeks ago on October 5 at 11 o’clock Mrs. Rishani took us to the middle school science lab.

When we arrived to the science lab we prepared our own slides by using onion cells. We took a small piece of onion and put it on a slide we put iodine on it, and then covered it with a small piece of glass. Then I put it under the microscope. I was mesmerized! It was like a dream! The cells were rectangular I could see the cell wall and other organelles. Afterwards we prepared animal cells. we took a cotton bud and rubbed it on the inside part of our cheek, then I put Methelyn blue and put a small piece of glass on it .After that I put it under the microscope but this time I was even more exited that I started to jump I felt like my heart was going to explode. This time the cells were circular.

When it was time to leave I felt so I had to leave this wonderful and learning experience that I will never forget in my whole entire life.

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 08:42 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Dubai trip

Introduction: Who said I will have fun? Who said I always swam in Dubai and saw my best friends? Who said I saw the tallest building in the world and it is in front of my hotel?

When I traveled to Dubai, I unpacked my suitcase. Inside the house I saw a Billiard table and a Dart board. I saw a swimming pool in front of the hotel. I saw my best friends, Sandra and Celine; they have a baby sister called Sibelle. I swam in Dubai every day. Sometimes I swam in the beach and sometimes in the swimming pool. In the beach, I go to the sea and get sea shells, catch crabs and build a sand castle with shells as the door. I saw the tallest building in the world and it is in front of my hotel. I went to the Dubai mall and I saw many people. My heart started to beat so fast, it made me feel too shy to speak. At night I ate pizza. Every night I ate pizza in Dubai and every night before I go to sleep, I read a Dr. Seuss boo k. In the afternoon, I went to the Ice cream store in Dubai mall and ordered 3 scoops of ice cream in a cone that has glitter on it. I went to Atlantis to ride on the wheel in a fish tank and in tunnels. I went to play with the dolphins. I threw a ball to the dolphin and he fetched it back to me. I danced with the dolphin. When I had a family picture with the dolphin, I held the tail all by myself. I fed the dolphin baby fishes. After that I went and bought dolphin souvenirs. The dolphin was called Soul. I asked my mom, “Can I have the big cone with icing and sprinkles on it?” She said, “Yes”.

I bought many toys from the toy store then came back to the hotel to pack my suitcase then go back to Lebanon. I cried good-bye to my hotel.

Article posted June 16, 2011 at 09:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 119

.

Backstabbing Friends

Who said that close friends cannot be mean?

Friendship is something very precious. But sometimes you can’t handle it and it flies away just like a bird.

One ordinary school day we were at music. We were warming up. We had to listen to music and follow what the teacher does. My friend started making fun of me, so I started making fun of him. He looked at me in a weird way; it sent a chill down my spine. He didn’t do anything but I was terrified. We went back to class and he still was taunting me, so I couldn’t take it anymore. To defend myself I burst out all of his secrets. He was extremely upset and furious. He walked and punched me.

We went to the principal’s office and he was supposed to be stay in the office, but it was the end of the day so he didn’t. Mr. Easton talked with us and I told him what happened.

I was upset twice, because I didn’t keep my friends secrets and because he punched me.

To be continued…

The teacher put us together to end the fight. So we talked and we were friends again

The next day I went to school and I was incredibly terrified of him. He wasn’t bullying me anymore, and he was being kindhearted. In the end he was complimenting me and he was my friend we apologized and everything was better.

1 Month Later…

Guess what? I invited him over and we played soccer, and I don’t know why but he told my friend that I was mean. I was stunned, I asked myself why? Why? Why? And the mystery had to be solved.

The End

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

Ouch, ouch, ouch. When I was sleeping in my room, I suddenly woke up and the right side of my stomach was killing me. I kept on screaming and vomiting in the bathroom. Then my mom rushed to my room to see what was going on. Suddenly she found me in the bathroom vomiting and in pain. She was shaking and didn’t know what to do. Then she quickly called the doctor to come and see me.

When the doctor arrived, he checked me, and then with concern he told my mom that it’s better to go to the hospital. Then my mom agreed with him. Afterwards she took me to the hospital.

When we arrived, they immediately put me on a stretcher, and pushed me to the operating room. In the operating room I was extremely worried and trying to read my mother’s reaction to the doctor’s comments. Then I screamed “No! No operation mom! Please, take me home I will fell well soon!”

My mom tried to calm me down and promised me to stay by side the whole time.

The first thing the doctor did was put a mask over my mouth and nose, and then he told me to breath. So I did. Then I started to fall asleep, and when I was sleeping, the doctor did the operation, and when I woke up my appendix was gone and I couldn’t move because of the stitches, so Ii had to stay in the hospital for a while.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

Whoever said that a ten year old boy cannot really hurt a three year old boy?

Well if you don’t believe me let me give you a proof!!It was a Saturday morning, my little brother and I decided that we want to go to my grandmother’s house and spend the day there. So we went, we spent three hours before my friend Youssef came. We played together for a long time then my brother and I wanted to wrestle each other, though I know it’s dangerous, but I always try not to get serious.

We started fighting, he kept kicking on me with his legs, so I decided to lock them up so I put his legs in mine and then I started squeezing it, and by accident his hand was even locked up in my legs and I didn’t notice .After ten seconds he started crying. First I thought he was faking it then I knew he was actually crying but I thought he will stop….

Well I was wrong, he kept crying and crying, I tried to calm him down but I couldn’t. My heart started besting so far, and sweat started pouring my from my face, because I thought I will be in big trouble.My brother continued crying then my grandmother came and started to ask all of us “What happened?”

I was terrified of telling her and I started blaming it on my nanny that she didn’t tell me that he was hurt and thought it was a lame excuse. My brother kept screaming and shouting .So my grandmother wore her clothes and took my brother to the emergency room!

When they left I was in a miserable Condition. I was so angry at myself and I was so sad …While they were gone I couldn’t stop crying .I was thinking if I accidently broke his arm…I tried to watch TV to distract myself or calm myself down, but of no use.

When the bell rang I thought I would faint …the door opened and guess what???He wasn’t crying at all, he was actually happy and holding ice cream in his hand …I was so relieved .I learned my lesson .So I will never use violence against my own brother or anybody else.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 63

Friends are as valuable as gold and diamonds. Good friends are a treasure to keep.

Real and sincere friends mean a lot to me. They always help you when you’re in problem and they stay by your side.

Friends behave in a good way and are never mean to you .Anybody can count on their friends and tell them anything because they are trustful. When friends disagree they don’t get in a fight and get mad at each other. They talk and discuss it and at the end they agree on something, in other words, they reach a compromise.

Friends are so important in life …with them we can share all the good bad memories and we can rely on them whenever we need support…

Real friends are priceless and not easy to find everyday...So we have to keep them and treasure them whenever we find them.

I enjoy being with all my friends to have fun together when I don’t know something my friend would tell me what it means we care about each other.

Friends are amazing and without them you barely have anything!!!

Article posted December 2, 2010 at 09:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 96

Trip to Deir Al-Qamar

On October 12 we went camping to Deir Al-Qamar. When the lights went out and we all went to our tents to sleep, I was with Genny and Leen in the same tent. We didn’t feel like sleeping so we played UNO. I won. Leen had brought glow sticks. It was hard to crack them. Finally Leen found a way to crack them. They were four of them. There was green, yellow, blue, and pink. After that we played with our glow sticks. Soon Genny said, “If we don’t sleep now we will be so tired tomorrow so let’s get some sleep. So we lay down in our sleeping bags. Genny was already asleep. She was also snoring! Leen said she couldn’t sleep. Afterwards, when I was almost asleep Leen whispered, “Sumin!”, “Huh, what?” I said. I could barely open my eyes. “I’m going to the bathroom.’’ She said. Soon she woke me up again! I was half asleep. “Sumin! Are you sleeping?” she asked, “Yeah, just before you woke me up.”I said. “Now I don’t feel like sleeping anymore,” she said, so we talked about many things. We wanted to know what time it was, but Genny was the only one who had a watch. The hand that had the watch was inside the sleeping bag!”Maybe she will wake up when we take the hand out!”Leen said, “It will be okay,” I said, so I went to where Genny was sleeping and took out her hand. At that moment Genny woke up and she screamed at me. “I told you.” Leen said when Genny was back to sleep. “I saw it! It’s 2’o clock in the morning.” I said. Zip! We heard someone opening our door! We were so shocked! It was Rashad he said he couldn’t sleep because the boys in his tent were talking. He asked us if he could stay here. “Rashad I think you have to ask the teacher!” Leen said, “They are still sleeping!” Rashad said. “Not Mrs. Salem!” Leen said, “She is outside.”

“I saw her!” Leen whispered. “Okay, fine!” Rashad said grumpily. He went out and he asked the teacher, but we had no idea where Rashad went. “Do you think we should wake Genny up?” I asked, “Not now she will be mad let’s wake her up at 3’o clock.” Leen said so we waited some more. I had to check again what time it was. Luckily this time, both of her hands were outside the sleeping bag. It was 3:30 A.M, so we wake Genny up this time she wasn’t mad. We made up a game with our Glow Sticks. We sat down and one person throws all the Glow Sticks and the person who catches the most Glowy Sticks win. Later it got boring. It was 4:00 A.M. We cleaned around the tent and packed our stuff. At 4:30 A.M we put our sleeping bag back in the bag. We stayed in the tent until 6:30 A.M. everyone was outside.

Sumin

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

STITCHES

You are not going to believe what happened to me today! It was the worst day of my life. Look it started out as a fun day, I was going swimming with my friends. So we were having a great time playing games in the pool. Then one of my friends used his mighty power and pushed me into the pool! There was a BIG giant piece of glass hiding in there, I have no idea where it came from, and it cut me!!! When I got out I couldn’t feel anything until five minutes later I could see my skin was opened and bleeding all over. It hurt me so bad it felt like a shark was biting me! Then everyone ran to call my friends mom and when she saw my foot she almost fainted and took me to the hospital. They told me I needed stitches and I was creeped out because I didn’t want more pain from a needle!!! But it wasn’t that bad and I didn’t feel anything. Then I got to miss almost 3 weeks of school, now that was a dream come true.

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

The day my mom was traveling to America everybody came to tell her good bye. My granddad did not come. I asked my grand mom “why didn’t granddad come”. She told me “He’s very sad that Joclyne is leaving so he didn’t come. So we helped my mom pack up her things and then sat down and talked for a little while then we went down to the car. I hated that my mom was leaving. I was so sad that I did not talk to anyone. When we were almost leaving my mom ran down to tell me good bye and leave to the airport. I felt that my heart tore apart. I looked on the ground all the way to my grand mom’s house, and then sat down in my room for two hours until the phone rang, so I ran to the phone and picked it up. It was mom I talked to her, and then she told me to give her granddad so I called him so he came it took her only half a   minute, and then closed the phone. So we stayed calling her every day and talking to her for more than one hour=http://!!=http://!!!

Article posted December 2, 2010 at 09:22 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 96

Dog Attack

Who said that dogs are always nice? Who said that dogs are always friendly? Who said that dogs are always cute? Well that’s what I used to think before that day.

It all started on 07/09/10 on my birthday in Brazil at my cousin's house. We were all playing upstairs and we were very happy. We were playing PlayStation, watching TV, and having lots of fun. We got tired of electronics so we decided to go downstairs play soccer. When we got down I remembered about the ball that was upstairs. So I told my cousins that I would get it.

On my way to the elevator, a boy came out of it with a big furry scary dog to walk him. I was scared of dogs and I still am, so I told I told him "please don’t take the leash off" "Why not?"Asked the boy. I answered "Because I'm scared of dogs "He laughed and instantly took off the leash.

I was shocked; I didn’t know what to do. I panicked so I ran to the garage, I kept on running around the cars in circles for about 5 minutes then I started shouting "Stop, stop I'm scared of dogs=http://!!! " my aunty heard me so she ran directly because she was worried. When she got down she saw that the dog was almost biting me so she went and shouted at the kid, who owns the dog.

The kid didn’t care so I didn’t know what to do. I decided to be brave and turn around to KICK THE DOG RIGHT ON HIS FACE=http://=http://!!

The dog flew for about a meter so I got the chance to run away and hide. Eventually the kid decided to control his dog and apologize. Since that horrifying and shocking day I have a PHOBIA of dogs.

THE END

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

Trip to Paris, France

Personal Narrative.

Oh my goodness they don’t even let me sleep in this house peacefully anymore! My mom woke me up at Two Thirty in the morning I asked," Mommy why on earth are you waking me up at Two Thirty in the morning!?" she answered," You forgot we are traveling to Paris so get up and brush your teeth." I got up and brushed my teeth wore my jogging suit and ran to call my brothers to wake up it took five minutes for them just to get out of their beds! We were all ready! We said goodbye to our helpers and told our driver to come he took us to the airport. We waited in the lounge for two hours until a lady told us that we were late for our plane. We ran to the plane and luckily we made it just in time. The ride was five hours from Beirut to Paris, in those five hours we played with our iPod Touches and watched T.V. in the airplane. When we finally arrived it was so beautiful! We went to the airport of Paris and took our bags and went to rent our car, first we were going to rent a BMW but our stuff couldn’t fit in the bag. So we rented a Citroen. It was raining so much we went to our hotel called "Golden Tulip" and unpacked after that we went to explore we say the Eiffel Tower, and the Arc De Triumph when we saw them all we took some pictures and went back to our hotel and slept. The next day we went to eat lunch first in Bartalini I ate fettuccini with my brothers. After that we went to see Versai and the Louvre. We toured Paris. We acted as if we live there because we bought stuff from the Supermarket they even have a TSC plus there! My mom bought us some clothes from there too like some GAP shirts and sweatshirts. When we finished it started raining we drove to the hotel very fast. We stayed up till Twelve then went to sleep the next day we didn’t do anything it was time to live Paris. Well I had a lot of fun in Paris. Read my next story to find out how much fun we had in Miami.

Article posted February 18, 2011 at 06:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

My special day

In the wonderful day, I had a birthday that changed my life, so to tell you it was a young woman that took a picture of me and made me a famous actor. At night I could not sleep at all I was so excited I was awake the whole night till November 11, 2005 that was the day that stayed in my heart and will stay in its same place. But when I got used to it, I got board of acting , but what I like is that I meet new people and also like to be on TV and jet comments from friends , family, and teachers.  

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 56

Guess what happened to me on the morning of Christmas Day. I woke up in the morning from a thunder storm that exploded in the dark. I got off my bed like a scary cat.

After a while my father woke up it was 7: 00 am in the morning .We had our breakfast which was milk and corn flakes, I asked him if I can clean the pool and he agreed with me. I was very excited I didn’t even take off my pajamas so got the net but before I start my father wanted to vacuum it first. I sat watching him until he finished, then I started to clean the water from the dead insects. I was standing on the edge of the pool so my father shouted at me saying” Be careful Melissa do not fall “So I said don’t worry” All of a sudden BOOM I splashed in the freezing icy water. I was shivering because of it, and then he pulled me up out of the water directly to the shower. But bad luck there was no warm water, so my father got a pot with water and boiled it on the oven and I had a shower. And when I finished, I went outside to play with my brother and my neighbor and we started laughing together.

It was a nice swim in winter that I will never forget in my life and till now I still remember it!

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 95

Personal narrative

Gasping for air

Who said going on the boat is not fun? Well there was one day on September one I went on a boat and went to Eddesands. We went to eat and while waiting for the food. We went to the pool, and I banged my leg so hard that it was about to bleed. I thought the pool was deep but it was really it was not deep .Later it was time to eat and my friends baby brother pied on the boys !I blasted of giggles and scream hahahaha too bad for them and we jumped in the pool. The boys jumped in the pool and we were like eeuuuwww .Then we ran out of the pool and they followed us to the resterant.We ate lunch than the boys were still wet of pee so they sat on another table. After lunch we went to play in the sea. I was going to the deep then my friend Lea stopped me she said that there was a tornado in the deep sea! Then I swam so fast that I felt there was no oxygen in my body. Afterwards I went to play football in soap yey girls againsed boys. Girls won yes. It was time to leave. We left Eddesand and went back on the boat….

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 09:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

Guess what happened in the summer of 2007.

My dad told us in excitement, “We are going to Cyprus for the summer!” My two brothers and I jumped up and screamed because of what my dad had told us. We all packed our bags and five days later we traveled to Cyprus by plane. We sat business class for the trip and it was about a six hour flight. Then we went by a limousine to Larnaca the city for the first time in our lives.

When we arrived at the hotel we took the room keys and ran down the corridor to the room. My big brother and I did not care about unpacking, we just threw the bags and I said to my dad, “Dad we are going to check the place out. My dad replied, “Sure you can just be back in half an hour. So my brother and I ran out of the room shoving everyone who came in our way and we stared in amazement at the incredible beach. People were playing Volley-Ball and others were building sand castles. The first few days I made a friend but unfortunately I forgot his name. He was a very nice person and I even built sand castles with him.

The next day my dad took us paragliding and on a mushroom boat When you go the mushroom boat the steering wheel is a joystick and when you go paragliding we were like birds soaring so high up in the sky.

But unfortunately something terrible happened!...

I GOT SICK! I was in bed the whole day coughing sneezing with high fever. It was torture. I fell asleep with my word-search book next to me. A few minutes later I woke up and found myself in the hotel room with my dad beside me all the time. He said, “Sorry son we have to go.” I was so disappointed and angry. I packed my bag so we can leave to the airport. Two days later I waved good bye to my friend and we returned the hotel room keys. Luckily we traveled business class back with the entertainment machine.

That summer was the most exciting summer I ever had in my life apart from that silly annoying cold.