Copyright (c) 2014 by ZB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ZB -- Blogmeister

ZB BLOG !!!!

5C

by ZB

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Article posted March 15, 2011 at 09:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PLroia_l66eY4xKVRRDAg5lxLggG3ZbdbljRyYjnYjA?feat=embedwebsite" target="_blank">http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PLroia_l66eY4xKVRRDAg5lxLggG3ZbdbljRyYjnYjA?feat=embedwebsite">

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 08:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

Dollar Bill

So much depends upon

a wrinkled dollar bill

laying on the filthy floor

beside the toxic garbage.

Candy Bar

So much depends upon

a scrumptious candy bar

Sitting on the kitchen counter

waiting to be eaten.

Dog

So much depends upon

a dog digging up holes in

your backyard.

Ant

So much depends upon

a ant eating our garbage

and finishing our food.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

Recess is a time to play and have fun with your friends. It’s not a time for arguing about soccer or gossiping with people. In recess I see and overhear people gossiping about who likes who and I also see people bullying each other but that is very rare to see. But every recess in soccer there’s always a fight or argument about whose on whose team or people are calling each other bad names but most of the bullying is in soccer. At the end of recess we always have a problem on where to line up. Sometimes we line up in the basketball court or sometimes we line up in front of the entrance. The biggest problem is 5A and 5B always talk and they go first but my class, 5C always stays quiet we whisper but we stay quiet and we always leave last. I think that’s unfair because we stay quiet and they don’t but they still go first. I suggest that the quietest class should go first we shouldn’t send the classes by class order.

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

The Cardiovascular System

1.      The four chambers in your heart are the left and right ventricle and the left and right atrium.

2.      The heart is a muscle.

3.      Your heart is an organ.

4.      The aorta is the largest artery in your body.

5.      Capillaries branch out of your arteries.

6.      Veins hold deoxygenated blood.

7.      When you inhale you get oxygen in your blood.

8.      Your aorta sends oxygenated blood all around the body.

9.      Eat healthy food so you can have a healthy heart.

10. The pulmonary vein and artery do the opposite of their job.

11. The superior and inferior vena cava brings deoxygenated blood to the right atrium.

12.  You can live with a punctured lung.

13. Your heart is a really tough organ.

14. There are three kinds of blood vessels.

15. Cordetta’s are string like structures.

16.  There is a very thick muscle that separates your left and right side of your heart which is the septum.

17. The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take the blood from the heart.

18.  Fried food clogs your arteries.

19. Your deoxygenated blood is kind of blue and oxygenated blood is red.

20. Blood carries oxygen around your body.

21. Lungs have a pink color to the outside of it.

22. Smoking turns your heart and lungs black.

23. There are 2 types of cholesterol the HDL which is the good cholesterol and the LDL which is the bad cholesterol.

24. Eating fruits with high anti-oxidants brings down the LDL and brings up the HDL.

25. You can live with an artificial heart.

First you inhale and get oxygen in your blood. Second your oxygenated blood goes via your pulmonary veins into your left atrium. Third you’re left atrium contracts opening the bicuspid /mitral valve. Fourth sending blood to your left ventricle. Fifth your left ventricle does a big contraction sending oxygenated blood via your aorta and all around the body. Sixth your body sends the deoxygenated blood back to your right atrium via your superior and inferior vena cava. Seventh your right atrium contracts sending blood through the tricuspid valve to the right ventricle. Eighth the right ventricle sends deoxygenated blood via your pulmonary artery to your lungs. 

Article posted November 11, 2010 at 07:55 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 35

We are learning about the heart. We are lucky because two visitors are coming to talk about our diet and our heart. One of our visitors is a dietitian and her name is Jeanette Karam. Our dietitian came to school at 9:20 she talked about our diet and what we should be eating and what we should be not eating. She talked about all the vitamins we need to keep our body healthy. She also talked about the food pyramid and what kind of food is in the food pyramid. We talked about fruits. Fruits have fibers and anti-oxidants. The anti-oxidants help your arteries by not clogging.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Now it’s time for the second visitor. His name is Dr.Antoin abchee. He is a cardiologist. He is going to talk about the heart with us. First we talked about the health of the heart and how to take care of it. Then he showed us a model of the heart and how it functions. He told us a lot of information about the heart. He told us that if you eat too much fatty products you will have high cholesterol. He also told us if you smoke your heart and lungs will turn black and if you smoke to much you might have an open heart surgery or a bypass surgery.

It was really awesome to have them!

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 07:58 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 32

I went to the super market to buy some cheese

I made a mistake…and got some fleas

I went to Spain to buy a plane

I made a mistake…and met Elaine

I went to a farm to see a ruffled grouse

I made a mistake…and got eaten by a mouse

I went to the zoo to see a bear

I made a mistake…and saw a hare

Article posted March 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 32

Once upon a time Massy was cooking turtle soup for her two sons Jon and Max until Indians kidnapped them and took them to a Indian camp. When they arrived there the Indians put them into a teepee and locked them up. After one hour the Indians gave them buffalo and salmon for lunch. At six o clock PM the Indians gave them blankets to sleep on. At five o clock the next morning, they escaped.

They arrived at a big hollow tree that would fit all of them and their blankets that the Indians gave them. After three days, a soldier was riding by on his horse until Massy asked him if he could take her to Freeport and his answer was yes. When they arrived at Freeport they went to a store called Rental House to find a house to live in. They arrived at a house so cozy that they bought it.

The next day they went to the market to buy some food for dinner. At dinner time they were eating chicken and vegetables until Max asked his mom if he could go play outside and she said yes. He went outside happily. After a few minutes Massy heard a gunshot. She ran outside and saw her son dead on the floor and cried. The next morning they had a funeral for him.

THE END