The Cardiovascular System
1. The four chambers in your heart are the left and right ventricle and the left and right atrium.
2. The heart is a muscle.
3. Your heart is an organ.
4. The aorta is the largest artery in your body.
5. Capillaries branch out of your arteries.
6. Veins hold deoxygenated blood.
7. When you inhale you get oxygen in your blood.
8. Your aorta sends oxygenated blood all around the body.
9. Eat healthy food so you can have a healthy heart.
10. The pulmonary vein and artery do the opposite of their job.
11. The superior and inferior vena cava brings deoxygenated blood to the right atrium.
12. You can live with a punctured lung.
13. Your heart is a really tough organ.
14. There are three kinds of blood vessels.
15. Cordetta’s are string like structures.
16. There is a very thick muscle that separates your left and right side of your heart which is the septum.
17. The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take the blood from the heart.
18. Fried food clogs your arteries.
19. Your deoxygenated blood is kind of blue and oxygenated blood is red.
20. Blood carries oxygen around your body.
21. Lungs have a pink color to the outside of it.
22. Smoking turns your heart and lungs black.
23. There are 2 types of cholesterol the HDL which is the good cholesterol and the LDL which is the bad cholesterol.
24. Eating fruits with high anti-oxidants brings down the LDL and brings up the HDL.
25. You can live with an artificial heart.
First you inhale and get oxygen in your blood. Second your oxygenated blood goes via your pulmonary veins into your left atrium. Third you’re left atrium contracts opening the bicuspid /mitral valve. Fourth sending blood to your left ventricle. Fifth your left ventricle does a big contraction sending oxygenated blood via your aorta and all around the body. Sixth your body sends the deoxygenated blood back to your right atrium via your superior and inferior vena cava. Seventh your right atrium contracts sending blood through the tricuspid valve to the right ventricle. Eighth the right ventricle sends deoxygenated blood via your pulmonary artery to your lungs.