Facts about the Cardiovascular System
· The heart has four chambers (rooms) left atrium, left ventricle, right atrium, and right ventricle.
· The pulmonary vein is the only vein that caries oxygenated blood.
· Between the atriums and the ventricles there are valves (doors), the mitral is between the left chambers, and the tricuspid valve is between the right chambers.
· The aorta is the biggest blood vessel in the body.
· The pulmonary artery is the only artery that caries deoxygenated blood.
· The left chamber caries oxygenated blood; the right chamber caries deoxygenated blood.
· The left ventricle gives the biggest contraction so it can send the blood all over the body.
· Oxygenated blood (rich, clean blood).
· Deoxygenated blood (dirty blood).
· All blood vessels have valves.
· The heart is protected by a layer of fat.
· If the layer around your heart gets really strong your heart can’t pump anymore.
· Antioxidants help you if you have high cholesterol.
· If you have heart failure you will have to replace it with a machine till you find a replacement which is a transplant.
· HDL is the non-harmful fat (good) fat.
· LDL is the harmful fat (bad) fat.
· Heart (Cardiac).
The Facts that we learned from Dr.Abchee
· If there is a dysfunction in the blood vessels they replace it with blood vessels from your legs or arms.
· A Hubble bubble is equal to a box of cigarettes.
· If you have brain dysfunctions your brain might stop your heart.
· You cannot transplant a kid’s heart to an adult’s heart.
The Facts that we learned from Mrs. Jeanette Karam
· It is good to eat from a variety of healthy food.
· Don’t eat too much of the same foods.
· Every day you have to eat fruits and vegetables because of the fiber.
· Fiber has antioxidant that helps to remove the fat from the stuck to the arteries.