· There are 4 chambers in the heart.
· The chambers are called right and left atriums, and right and left ventricle.
· The biggest artery is the aorta.
· There are two sides in the heart the right side and the left sides.
· Arteries carry oxygenated blood.
· Capillaries connect veins and arteries.
· Veins carry deoxygenated blood.
· If you eat a lot of junk food a layer of fat will cover your heart.
· If you eat a lot of junk food your arteries will clog.
· The left side of your heart has oxygenated blood.
· The right side of your heart has deoxygenated blood.
· The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs.
· The left atrium contracts sending the blood to the left ventricle.
· The left ventricle contracts sending the blood to the aorta and all over the body.
· You can put a machine in your body that will help your heart pump blood.
· There are 3 types of blood vessels.
· The names of the blood vessel are arteries, veins, and capillaries.
· The good cholesterol is called HDL.
· The bad cholesterol is called LDL.
· The cardiovascular system has three names.
Facts we learned from the Dietician
· Sugar free gum is bad for you.
· Fish has antioxidants.
· Antioxidants raise you’re HDL level.
· Sugar is barley recommended in the food premed.
Facts we learned from the cardiologist
· Your heart is the size of your fist.
· You can’t replace your heart with a machine.
· You can’t replace a kid’s heart with an adult’s heart.
· If you eat a lot of cholesterol your arties will clog.