You can enter the text of your blog
The Cardiovascular System Facts
· Left Side: The left atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the left ventricle, causing the Mitral/Bicuspid valve to open. The left ventricle makes a very strong contraction so that the blood can go all over the body, through the aorta.
· Right Side: The right atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the right ventricle causing the Tricuspid valve to open. The right ventricle makes a contraction sending deoxygenated blood to the lungs through the pulmonary veins, the lungs will exhale the deoxygenated blood would go out of your body.
· There are 4 chambers in your heart: Left and right atrium and left and right ventricle.
· Septum: The septum separates these 4 chambers to stop them from leaking.
· There are 3 kinds of blood vessels: Arteries, veins, and capillaries.
· Arteries: There are 2 kinds of arteries which are the pulmonary arteries and the aorta.
· Aorta: The aorta is the biggest artery in your body.
· Veins: the veins carry the deoxygenated blood.
· Naughty Blood Vessels: The pulmonary veins and the pulmonary arteries are the naughty blood vessels; they are called naughty blood vessels because they do the opposite.
· The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take it away from the heart.
· Veins: There is only 1 kind if vein which is the pulmonary veins.
· Capillaries: There are small holes in the lungs and thin lines that surround the hole which are capillaries.
· Superior and Inferior Vena Cava: The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava bring the deoxygenated blood from the body to the right atrium. The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava are tubes, the down part of the tube, are the Inferior Vena Cava and the upper part of the tube, and is the Superior Vena Cava.
· The Respiratory system is related to the cardiovascular system.
· If there is too much fat around your heart, it is possible if you might have a heart attack.
· You should exercise no matter what your size is, because it’s good for your body and for your heart.
· When you smoke too many, your lungs would turn black, due to the lack of oxygen in your lungs.
· We had 2 guests visit our class, a cardiologist, whose name was Dr. Antoine Abchee, and a dietitian whose name was Mrs. Jeanette Karam. We learned quite a lot of facts, like, I learned that when you sit down for a long time then you stand up, you feel kind of dizzy, because the blood will drop all the way down to your legs, and it will take time to reach back up to your head.
· We also learned some facts with the dietitian Mrs. Jeanette Karam, I learned that when you put vegetables in water, the calcium leaches from the vegetable and so it is better to steam it. I also learned that I should eat more fruits and vegetables.
· I learned that the cardiovascular system is related to the Respiratory system.
· I learned that the septum is not that strong.
· I also learned from Dr. Abchee that we can transfer an adult’s heart to a kid’s heart.
· I also learned that when you transfer a heart from an adult to a kid the heart grows with the kid.
· I also learned that your heart is as big as your fist.
· I also learned that animals have more fat around their heart than humans.