Copyright (c) 2014 by KL Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KL -- Blogmeister

MY BLOG

5C

by KL

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

French 02/04/09
My Voki 10/29/08

Title: 5C - 25 Facts about the Cardiovascular System (12/09/10)
Description: Paired student work.

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 633

You can enter the text of your blog here!

·         The heart has four chambers, the left and right atrium and the left and right ventricle.

·         Deoxygenated blood –dirty blood.

·         Oxygenated blood-rich blood.

·         The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs through the pulmonary vein.

·         The left atrium contracts causing the mitral valve to open sending the blood to the left ventricle.

·         The left ventricle contracts sending the blood all over the body through the aorta.

·         The aorta is the largest artery in our body.

·         The Septum is a thick muscle that separates the right chamber from the left chamber.

·         The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood from the body through the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava

·         The right atrium contracts causing the tricuspid valve to open sending the blood to the right ventricle. 

·         The right ventricle contracts sending the blood to the lungs through the Pulmonary artery so you could exhale it.

·         The dietitian informed us to eat fish because it has omega 3.

·         Veins carry deoxygenated blood.

·         Arteries carry oxygenated blood.

·           The esophagus carries food.

·         The windpipe/Trachea carries O2.

·         The heart is the only muscle that never stops working.

·         The different chambers work simultaneously in the heart.

·         Fiber stops your arteries from clogging.

·         Exercising brings up your HDL that burns your LDL.

·         There are three different types of blood vessels, arteries, capillaries, and veins.

·          We could have half a chocolate bar every day, and not on a daily basis.

·         The left ventricle is the strongest chamber in your heart.

·         Capillaries connect arteries and veins.

·         Platelets clog your cuts so you don’t bleed to death.

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

Facts about the Cardiovascular System

·         The heart has four chambers (rooms) left atrium, left    ventricle, right atrium, and right ventricle.

·         The pulmonary vein is the only vein that caries oxygenated blood.

·         Between the atriums and the ventricles there are valves (doors), the mitral is between the left chambers, and the tricuspid valve is between the right chambers.

·         The aorta is the biggest blood vessel in the body.

·         The pulmonary artery is the only artery that caries deoxygenated blood.

·         The left chamber caries oxygenated blood; the right chamber caries deoxygenated blood.

·         The left ventricle gives the biggest contraction so it can send the blood all over the body.

·         Oxygenated blood (rich, clean blood).

·         Deoxygenated blood (dirty blood).

·         All blood vessels have valves.

·         The heart is protected by a layer of fat.

·         If the layer around your heart gets really strong your heart can’t pump anymore.

·         Antioxidants help you if you have high cholesterol.

·         If you have heart failure you will have to replace it with a machine till you find a replacement which is a transplant.

·         HDL is the non-harmful fat (good) fat.

·         LDL is the harmful fat (bad) fat.

·         Heart (Cardiac).

The Facts that we learned from Dr.Abchee

·         If there is a dysfunction in the blood vessels they replace it with blood vessels from your legs or arms.

·         A Hubble bubble is equal to a box of cigarettes.

·          If you have brain dysfunctions your brain might stop your heart.

·         You cannot transplant a kid’s heart to an adult’s heart.

The Facts that we learned from Mrs. Jeanette Karam

·         It is good to eat from a variety of healthy food.

·         Don’t eat too much of the same foods.

·         Every day you have to eat fruits and vegetables because of the fiber.

·         Fiber has antioxidant that helps to remove the fat from the stuck to the arteries. 

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 300

·         Oxygenated blood-rich blood.

·           The esophagus carries food.

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 327

·         Left Side: The left atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the left ventricle, causing the Mitral/Bicuspid valve to open. The left ventricle makes a very strong contraction so that the blood can go all over the body, through the aorta.

·         Right Side: The right atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the right ventricle causing the Tricuspid valve to open. The right ventricle makes a contraction sending deoxygenated blood to the lungs through the pulmonary veins, the lungs will exhale the deoxygenated blood would go out of your body.

·         There are 4 chambers in your heart: Left and right atrium and left and right ventricle.

·         Septum: The septum separates these 4 chambers to stop them from leaking.

·         There are 3 kinds of blood vessels: Arteries, veins, and capillaries.

·         Arteries: There are 2 kinds of arteries which are the pulmonary arteries and the aorta.

·         Aorta: The aorta is the biggest artery in your body.

·         Veins: the veins carry the deoxygenated blood.

·         Naughty Blood Vessels: The pulmonary veins and the pulmonary arteries are the naughty blood vessels; they are called naughty blood vessels because they do the opposite.

·         The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take it away from the heart.

·         Veins: There is only 1 kind if vein which is the pulmonary veins.

·         Capillaries: There are small holes in the lungs and thin lines that surround the hole which are capillaries.

·         Superior and Inferior Vena Cava: The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava bring the deoxygenated blood from the body to the right atrium. The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava are tubes, the down part of the tube, are the Inferior Vena Cava and the upper part of the tube, and is the Superior Vena Cava.

·         The Respiratory system is related to the cardiovascular system.

·         If there is too much fat around your heart, it is possible if you might have a heart attack.

·         You should exercise no matter what your size is, because it’s good for your body and for your heart.

·         When you smoke too many, your lungs would turn black, due to the lack of oxygen in your lungs.

·         We had 2 guests visit our class, a cardiologist, whose name was Dr. Antoine Abchee, and a dietitian whose name was Mrs. Jeanette Karam. We learned quite a lot of facts, like, I learned that when you sit down for a long time then you stand up, you feel kind of dizzy, because the blood will drop all the way down to your legs, and it will take time to reach back up to your head.

·         We also learned some facts with the dietitian Mrs. Jeanette Karam, I learned that when you put vegetables in water, the calcium leaches from the vegetable and so it is better to steam it. I also learned that I should eat more fruits and vegetables.

·          I learned that the cardiovascular system is related to the Respiratory system.

·         I learned that the septum is not that strong.

·         I also learned from Dr. Abchee that we can transfer an adult’s heart to a kid’s heart.

·         I also learned that when you transfer a heart from an adult to a kid the heart grows with the kid.

·         I also learned that your heart is as big as your fist.

·         I also learned that animals have more fat around their heart than humans.

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 300

Facts we learned about the Cardiovascular System

The heart has four chambers, the left and right atrium and the left and right ventricle.

Deoxygenated blood –dirty blood.

Oxygenated blood-rich blood.

The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs through the pulmonary vein.

The left atrium contracts causing the mitral valve to open sending the blood to the left ventricle.

The left ventricle contracts sending the blood all over the body through the aorta.

The aorta is the largest artery in our body.

The Septum is a thick muscle that separates the right chamber from the left chamber.

The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood from the body through the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava

The right atrium contracts causing the tricuspid valve to open sending the blood to the right ventricle.

The right ventricle contracts sending the blood to the lungs through the Pulmonary artery so you could exhale it.

The dietitian informed us to eat fish because it has omega 3.

Veins carry deoxygenated blood.

Arteries carry oxygenated blood.

The esophagus carries food.

The windpipe/Trachea carries O2.

The heart is the only muscle that never stops working.

The different chambers work simultaneously in the heart.

Fiber stops your arteries from clogging.

Exercising brings up your HDL that burns your LDL.

There are three different types of blood vessels, arteries, capillaries, and veins.

We could have half a chocolate bar every day, and not on a daily basis.

The left ventricle is the strongest chamber in your heart.

Capillaries connect arteries and veins.

Platelets clog your cuts so you don’t bleed to death.

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 161

You can enter the text of your blog

The Cardiovascular System Facts

here!

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 06:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 290

·         There are 4 chambers in the heart.                                                    

·         The chambers are called right and left atriums, and right and left ventricle.      

·         The biggest artery is the aorta. 

·         There are two sides in the heart the right side and the left sides. 

·         Capillaries connect veins and arteries. 

·         If you eat a lot of junk food a layer of fat will cover your heart.  

·         If you eat a lot of junk food your arteries will clog.  

·         The left side of your heart has oxygenated blood.  

·         The right side of your heart has deoxygenated blood.  

·         The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs.  

·         The left atrium contracts sending the blood to the left ventricle.  

·         The left ventricle contracts sending the blood to the aorta and all over the body.  

·         You can put a machine in your body that will help your heart pump blood.  

·         There are 3 types of blood vessels.   

·         The names of the blood vessel are arteries, veins, and capillaries.           

·         The good cholesterol is called HDL. 

·         The bad cholesterol is called LDL.  

·         The cardiovascular system has three names.   

Facts we learned from the Dietician    

·         Sugar free gum is bad for you. 

·         Fish has antioxidants.

·         Antioxidants raise you’re HDL level.

·         Sugar is barley recommended in the food premed.

Facts we learned from the cardiologist  

·         Your heart is the size of your fist. 

·         You can’t replace your heart with a machine. 

·         You can’t replace a kid’s heart with an adult’s heart.  

·         If you eat a lot of cholesterol your arties will clog.    

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:14 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

·         Oxygenated blood-rich blood.

·           The esophagus carries food.

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 218

Facts we learned from the Dietician    

·         Fish has antioxidants.

Facts we learned from the cardiologist  

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 141

1. The heart has four chambers they are the left atrium, left ventricle, right atrium and right ventricle.

2. The aorta is the largest artery in the body.

3. Cordettas connect the atria to the ventricles.

4. The inferior and superior vena cava bring the blood to the right atrium.

5. The right atrium contracts causing the tricuspid valve to open.

6. The right ventricle contracts causing the blood to go through the pulmonary artery to the lungs.

7. Then you exhale causing the carbon dioxide to go out your nose.

8. The septum is a thick muscle that separates the left side from the right side of the heart.

9. All blood vessels have valves.

10. We have three blood vessels which are arteries veins and capillaries.

11. Naughty blood vessels are the only blood vessels that carry the opposite blood.

12. Arteries carry oxygenated blood and veins carry deoxygenated blood.

13. Fish have omega 3.

14. HDL is the good cholesterol and the LDL is the bad cholesterol.

15. Other words for the cardiovascular system are the transport system or the circulatory system.

16. Blood gives nutrients to your cells and other parts of your body.

17. A boys heart can be transplanted into a girls body and a girls heart can be transplanted into a boys body.

18. You need to eat 4 different kinds of vegetables and 4 different kinds of fruits every day.

19. Fat runs through your blood.

20. Any food saturated with oil is fatty.

21. Brown sugar is better than white sugar.

22. Salt can clog your arteries.

23. Tobacco contains deadly chemicals.

24. You can’t replace an adult’s heart with a child’s heart because a child’s heart will not be able to contract enough blood to your body.

25. You can replace your heart with a machine.

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:02 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 87

!

Facts about the Cardiovascular System

·         Heart (Cardiac).

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 354

The Cardiovascular System

1.      The four chambers in your heart are the left and right ventricle and the left and right atrium.

2.      The heart is a muscle.

3.      Your heart is an organ.

4.      The aorta is the largest artery in your body.

5.      Capillaries branch out of your arteries.

6.      Veins hold deoxygenated blood.

7.      When you inhale you get oxygen in your blood.

8.      Your aorta sends oxygenated blood all around the body.

9.      Eat healthy food so you can have a healthy heart.

10. The pulmonary vein and artery do the opposite of their job.

11. The superior and inferior vena cava brings deoxygenated blood to the right atrium.

12.  You can live with a punctured lung.

13. Your heart is a really tough organ.

14. There are three kinds of blood vessels.

15. Cordetta’s are string like structures.

16.  There is a very thick muscle that separates your left and right side of your heart which is the septum.

17. The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take the blood from the heart.

18.  Fried food clogs your arteries.

19. Your deoxygenated blood is kind of blue and oxygenated blood is red.

20. Blood carries oxygen around your body.

21. Lungs have a pink color to the outside of it.

22. Smoking turns your heart and lungs black.

23. There are 2 types of cholesterol the HDL which is the good cholesterol and the LDL which is the bad cholesterol.

24. Eating fruits with high anti-oxidants brings down the LDL and brings up the HDL.

25. You can live with an artificial heart.

First you inhale and get oxygen in your blood. Second your oxygenated blood goes via your pulmonary veins into your left atrium. Third you’re left atrium contracts opening the bicuspid /mitral valve. Fourth sending blood to your left ventricle. Fifth your left ventricle does a big contraction sending oxygenated blood via your aorta and all around the body. Sixth your body sends the deoxygenated blood back to your right atrium via your superior and inferior vena cava. Seventh your right atrium contracts sending blood through the tricuspid valve to the right ventricle. Eighth the right ventricle sends deoxygenated blood via your pulmonary artery to your lungs. 

Two students printed their assignment, but didn't get it on their blog, before closing the file. Perhaps this will help. (Mrs. B)

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 141

1.       The heart has four chambers they are the left atrium, left ventricle, right atrium and right ventricle.

2.       The aorta is the largest artery in the body.

3.       Cordettas connect the atria to the ventricles.

4.       The inferior and superior vena cava bring the blood to the right atrium.

5.        The right atrium contracts causing the tricuspid valve to open.

6.       The right ventricle contracts causing the blood to go through the pulmonary artery to the lungs.

7.       Then you exhale causing the carbon dioxide to go out your nose.

8.       The septum is a thick muscle that separates the left side from the right side of the heart.

9.       All blood vessels have valves.

10.   We have three blood vessels which are arteries veins and capillaries.

11.   Naughty blood vessels are the only blood vessels that carry the opposite blood.

12.   Arteries carry oxygenated blood and veins carry deoxygenated blood.

13.    Fish have omega 3.

14.   HDL is the good cholesterol and the LDL is the bad cholesterol.

15.   Other words for the cardiovascular system are the transport system or the circulatory system.

16.   Blood gives nutrients to your cells and other parts of your body.

17.   A boys heart can be transplanted into a girls body and a girls heart can be transplanted into a boys body.

18.   You need to eat 4 different kinds of vegetables and 4 different kinds of fruits every day.

19.   Fat runs through your blood.

20.   Any food saturated with oil is fatty.

21.   Brown sugar is better than white sugar.

22.   Salt can clog your arteries.

23.   Tobacco contains deadly chemicals.

24.   You can’t replace an adult’s heart with a child’s heart because a child’s heart will not be able to contract enough blood to your body.

25.   You can replace your heart with a machine.

Article posted December 9, 2010 at 08:09 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

The Cardiovascular System

2.      The heart is a muscle.

3.      Your heart is an organ.

6.      Veins hold deoxygenated blood.

13. Your heart is a really tough organ.

18.  Fried food clogs your arteries.