Copyright (c) 2014 by RB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RB -- Blogmeister

Lumby

5B

by RB

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Typing Score 12/07/09
Bonjour! 02/13/09
My Voki 10/29/08

Title: Reading Reflections (03/14/11)
Description: Voluntary book reflections.

I was just reading. I learned that Josh was in a basketball meeting and he wanted to be chosen to play for all the match. When the coach was speaking to the whole team he was saying that they are going to play a match with a lot of passing and shooting. When the coach was speaking Josh was wondering when the coach was going to announce the people that are going to play. Then finally when the coach was going to announce the people, Josh's new mother came in and asked him when he was going to finish practice. That time Josh was going to die because he wanted the answers. The coach said finally you are going to play but when Magik comes you are going to be sub because Magik is at her grandma's funeral.

Article posted February 26, 2011 at 11:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

Goosebumps

Author: R.L. Stine

One time Brose went to the auditorium to try out for a school play, but then his friend screamed out “Tarantella! It is out!!!!” Brose started laughing because there is a tarantella and a girl is scared. Then his enemies, Hayden and Jake, pinched him. He started to scream. The brothers started laughing because, he was hurt and because they knew, that the was no tarantella.

Goosebumps

Author:R.L. Stine

I was just reading the best story of my life. It was Halloween and Carly Beth was scaring everybody in the whole neighborhood. While Carly Beth was on the street, trick or treating, she knocked on someone’s door and there, two boys opened for her. As they opened the door she tried to scare them by going, BOOOO. The boys got very scared and went running inside to call their mom. Meanwhile, all she could think of is running away and she did. I stopped here.

Article posted March 6, 2011 at 11:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

One shiny morning Bruce was in the desert looking for a pet owl. In this country, pet owls are very nice and rare. He knew a lot about owls, including that an owl would be an excellent addition to the many animals who lived in his own mini-zoo.

Bruce talked to his friend about going an a hunt for an owl. The friends were excited to be invited to join this owl adventure. The boys made a plan to start out early in the morning to capture an owl. It took a couple of days of hiking through the forest until they found a nest for the owl in a tall, crooked tree with only a few branches below the nest. Even though the nest was way up in the tree, the owl looked like it would probably not be easy to catch, but Bruce gathered his courage and climbed the tree. After a bit of a struggle with the owl, he got the owl. He grabbed the owl's flapping wings and shoved it into the leather bag he had carried on his back.

Once the owl was out of the nest, Bruce could see that the owl had been sitting on an egg. He thought if he left the egg in the nest, the owl egg would never hatch. He decided he couldn't leave the egg to get cold and kill the baby bird inside. He put the owl and the egg carefully down the tree.

Then, without any warning, Bruce fell out of out of tree and the egg seemed to jump from this hands, fall to the ground and broke. Bruce picked himself up and checked to see he hadn't broken any bones or cut himself, then stood staring at the broken egg. He felt sad but there was nothing he could do. The egg was broken and he would just have to leave it on the forest floor. He knew soon the crows would arrive and feast on the egg.

Before Bruce and his friends got out of sight of the tree, they saw the crows flying over the owl nest. Their loud screeching let the boys know that the crows were celebrating finding the egg and would be chowing down on it soon.

After about an hours hike out of the forest, the owl in the bag on Bruce's back was feeling pretty heavy. Bruce's friend helped Bruce take the leather bag off his bag and set it on the ground. The boys sat down under a tree to rest a bit. They had not realized how tired they had become. Soon they were both asleep. They didn't see that the owl had worked his way out of the bag and was getting away. A crow screeching woke the boys up to find the leather bag empty. They were so disappointed, they decided the only thing to do was to go back home tonight and set out early tomorrow and start their hunt, again.

Even though they had felt so bad about losing the owl,on their hike home they began talking about the adventures they could have when they grew up. That led them pretending to be Arab people who had been wandering in the desert for days and now were searching for water. They went over the top of the hill that led down to Bruce's house. They heard Bruce's mom ringing the bell for supper so their imaginary wanderings came to a stop, as they both raced down the hill to see what was cooking on the stove.

Article posted March 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 85

Today I was sitting with my mom reading about Narnia. I just found out, that Edmond went to Narnia. He talked with the witch; the witch told him that he needed to bring his friends and if he does, he will become a prince. Of course, she was lying. The witch even gave him his favorite food in the world. It was hot chicken.

Edmund came back to the real world and found out that his friends were saying the truth about Narnia. His friends finally told the professor, that there is such a thing as a world called Narnia and they could get to Narnia from the house. The professor told them that he knew about the world called Narnia and that the evil witch lives there. He told them that it is their quest to win war between the White witch and the Narnians. The kids wanted to follow the quest and went to battle.

Article posted March 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

The BFG

Author:Roald Dahl

One day Sophie was hungry, but there were little disgusting things that she found in the cave of the BFG and she didn’t eat it. She was thirsty, but there was only bubbly water that the BFG drinks and she didn’t drink it. Then a big giant came into the cave and asked the BFG if there was a human in the cave. The BFG told him that he was talking to himself. They both went out to The Jungle of Dreams to catch some.

Article posted March 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 82

The BFG

Author:Roald Dahl

When the BFG, the other monsters and Sophie, were in the jungle of dreams, Sophie saw a jar full of disgusting things. There were a lot of monsters looking for dreams and Sophie was scared to get caught, because they could eat her.

These are for 3 chapters

I was just reading with my mom in a book called Narnia. I just knew that they were sailing in a ship and inside the ship was a king giving a speech. The next day when he wanted to give another speech he was not there. Matt wanted to know how this happened. So that day Matt and his friends went flying on a eagle ad going to every house and looking in the houses if the king was there.

When they were flying the eagle saw a bunch of eagles stuck together. The eagle went to Matt and told him, "I'm going to tell you where the king is." Then they took him. When he was there in the castle the king wasn't there. Matt thought and he knew where he is in the boat. When Matt was there he saw the king getting smashed up from the eagles.

The BFG

Author:Roald Dahl

I was just finished reading and I found out that Sophie knows why the BFG is always carrying things in his hand. He carries a suitcase in his hand, because he puts the dreams in it. I also found out that the he puts the dreams in jars, labels them and then places them in the suitcase. It does not matter to him if the dream was bad or not, he takes them all. The BFG gave Sophie’s neighbors the best dreams because he likes Sophie and her friends.

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

Author: Alvin Schwartz

I just read that Frank was in the dungeon and he found his friend Kate. Then they both made plans to get out of the dungeon. The plan was to break the door and get out, but that was stupid because the door was wood covered with metal. Not only that, but there were also, guards standing outside the door. When they went next to the door, there was a real head cut off and a sign saying "Beware".

I just read a story about a girl that didn't want to go to Halloween and she told her mother not to make her a costume. Her mom said’ “Okay’ but think about it". When it was Halloween, she thought of not going but then she said,”No! I’m going to go.” She went to her closet to find a costume, but she didn't find anything she liked. Suddenly she found an old hat and gloves that looked so suspicious, she’s never seen them before, but who cares! She wore them and she left for trick or treating. When she was about to finish her round, she checked her bag, and saw that it was almost full of candy. She decided to go to one more house, in her mind that will be enough to fill the whole thing. She headed towards the house, knocked on the door and there a girl stood in front of her and asked, “What are you supposed to be? “ The girl replied, “ A bag lady.” The girl gave her the candy and she went running back to her house to eat it all. She arrived at her house, ate all the candy and went to sleep.

title The BFG

Author Roald Dahl

I was just reading and I just found out, that the BFG went to catch dreams in another country. He went to The

Country of Dreams. In that country, the monsters that lived there, found the BFG and asked him if he had a child with him. If he is keeping a child with him, is it his pet? Is he keeping it in his cave? The BFG said,"No!" But the monsters told him that he is not telling the truth. They held the BFG and started to throw him around like a chicken and then they told him never to come back to their country ever again. The BFG ran ran back to his own country. Back home, he told Sophie, that the meat chopper pretends to be a tree, takes the kids and eats them.

Title: The Sea Of Monster

Author: Rick Riordan

I was just reading and I just knew that Percy Jackson had a nightmare. The nightmare was about Grover running from a shadow and screaming, “Nobody goes to the camp half-blood.”

When Percy woke up, his mother told him that he was not going to camp because camp half-blood is closed. He did not know why it was closed, but he was to be told by his mother that afternoon. In school, Percy had the worst day of his life, because he was given a wedge by the bully Giorgio.

Article posted March 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 110

Author: R.L.Stine

Title: The Haunted Mask

When Matt and his friends were in the park they were running, because they were being chased by a dog. Suddenly, they saw a shadow in front of them, holding a fake head that looked like the head of his friend. However, this could not be real, because his friend was standing right next to him! It had to be a fake head!

They were so scared of the shadow that they kept on running. As they were running, Matt tripped and the shadow got hold of Matt and took his powers. Matt’s powers were important, because he was able to shoot bullets without a gun and he could fly.

They could not do a thing, so they decided to run as fast as they can away from the shadow. They did not know that ahead of them was The Living Dummy. The Living Dummy, or better known as the menace, was standing there in front of them. The menace took them all to his Tower of Evil.

When the menace introduced himself to Matt and his friends, he turned around and showed them his two heads, that was not all the chairs extended their arms and captured Matt and his friends.

However, there was a malfunction in the arms and they could break away from them. They left the tower, and just as they thought they were free they ran into all ten of their enemies. Their enemies were, Slappy, Old Ben, One Leg, The Haunted Mask, Doctor Maniac, King Thontar, The Monster Blood and The Mummy of the Haunted House.

I was just reading and I knew that Matt took Jane to his secret lair that was in a castle and he showed them all of his secret enemies and his servants. The evil witch came to his castle and attacked with all her servants and she was throwing fire balls and hot water on Matt's servants and the evil witch wanted to steal his castle and she was wanted it to become hers. She sent some servants in the floor to attack them from underneath and finally she lost the war because Matt hit the evil witch with hot water.

Article posted March 27, 2011 at 10:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

I was just reading that Percy had a nightmare about his friend running away from a shadow and saying have to warn the others. Then Percy woke up when his mom called him to wake up for school. His mom told Percy you are not going to camp because the camp is closed. Percy was almost going to faint.

When Percy went to his school the teacher told them to play a dodge-ball game. The teacher thought the people were human but they were really monsters from camp half blood...! When they finished the game Percy went to camp in a taxi cab but in it were monsters and they had three heads. They both shared the same one eye. Percy was so freaked out that he fainted.

I was reading with my teacher and I just knew that Matt and his dad were living alone. His mom passed away by an accident and Matt wanted a brother till now so his dad got married and that girl already had a son that was a nerd but he was different than Matt. Matt loved to play basketball but his brother loved to do homework. One day Matt's brother took every single book in his room and stole all his friends and he was the most popular kid in the school and during that day Matt was the lazy kid.

Article posted April 30, 2011 at 08:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 210

The book I chose to read is titled ‘The Westing Game’. The author of this book is Ellen Raskin. It was published in 1978 by Penguin Books USA.

The genre of the story is mystery. I think it is a mystery because it is about tracking down a murderer. The book was turned into a movie in 1979.

I inferred that the setting of the story took place in the late 20th century. Where it took place was in Michigan. Specifically, it took place in the Sunset Towers near Lake Michigan, in the hospital, and in the Westing House library. I would not like to live in the setting of this book, because it is spooky.

In this story, there isn’t really a main character because it is about 16 people trying to track down a murderer. Yet, there is one character who brings the story together, Turtle Wexler, also known as Tabitha Ruth, and Alice.

Turtle is about thirteen years old. Her mother describes her as “not the prettiest child”. Turtle has a long braid which is often pulled. Later in the book her hair is cut short. Turtle’s hobby is kicking people in the shins.

The other characters in this book are Jake Wexler, Angela Wexler, Grace Wexler (also known as Gracie Windkloppel), Berthe Erica Crow, Flora Baumbach, Doug Hoo, James Hoo, Sun Lin Hoo, Christos Theodorakis, Theo Theodorakis, Denton Deere, Josie Jo Ford, Alexander Mcsouthers, Otis Amber, and Sydelle Pulaski. Berthe, Sydelle, Flora, Otis, and Alexander are all lonely people. When they get a free apartment in the Sunset Towers, they make friends with the rest of the sixteen people. Denton and Jake are doctors. Denton and Angela are engaged. Josie Jo Ford is a judge. Theo is studying to go to college. Theo is also the elder brother of the crippled stuttering Christos. Doug is the mile star of the state. Sun Lin is a Chinese cook who owns the restaurant on the fifth floor. James is a businessman. And Angela is the pretty daughter of Grace Wexler. Grace is, in her opinion, a decorator.

The characters I liked were Turtle Wexler, Sun Lin Hoo, Doug Hoo, and Christos Theodorakis. I like Turtle because she has a sense of humor. Sun Lin Hoo is also funny because she does not speak English well and often makes hilarious mistakes. I like Doug Hoo because he proved his father wrong; he isn’t a loser. And I like Christos Theodorakis because he did not give up on his disease being cured. I do not like the rest of the characters because they are arrogant. Sam Westing did the wrong thing pretending he was dead. I also think that Josie Jo Ford, Sydelle Pulaski, and Berthe Erica Crow could have done a better job trying to fit in.

Sixteen random people, and their families if they had any, were given a free apartment in the Sunset Towers. The Sunset Towers are located near Sam Westing’s house. One day, the sixteen people received a postcard saying they are invited to attend the funeral of Sam Westing. At the funeral they are told that they are all heirs, destined to receive his money, if they can find out who killed him. He also mentions in his will that his life was taken by one of the sixteen people. They are partnered into eight pairs, each pair given a set of clues. They try to figure out what their clues mean. Three of them are almost killed, and many valuable items were stolen, but by who? Some even tried to steal the clues of others. Some suspects are Otis Amber, Berthe Erica Crow, and James Hoo. After a long period of time, they are called to gather once more in the Westing House. No one gives the correct answer. All of a sudden, Alexander Mcsouthers falls to the floor. He is not dead, but taken to hospital. Berthe Erica Crow filled the flask he was drinking from with something, but what? She is taken to jail, and then shortly released, and proclaimed innocent. Turtle Wexler figures out that Berthe is married to Sam Westing and that Westing is disguised as Alexander Mcsouthers, and under many other names. Alexander was drinking medicine, accidently the wrong dose. Life went on though. Christos is cured. Angela gets a degree, Doug wins two gold Olympic medals, and some neighbors die.

The problem in the book was that the killer of Sam Westing was unknown. I think that Turtle wanted to find the killer, because she wanted to prove to her mother that she is smart since her mother did not think highly of her. She tried very hard in doing so, and in the end succeeded.

From this story, I learned that some people like to make life difficult for themselves and for others. When Sam Westing complicated life for himself and sixteen innocent people, he caused injury and death.

The moral of this book is to be perseverant, and not give up. Although some characters gave up, most didn’t. The lesson in life taught in this book is to not make life complicated by lying.

I liked this story very much because it is filled with action, humor, and suspense. The book gives you the valuable chance of trying to solve the mystery yourself. I also liked it because the clues are really smart, well hidden, and camouflaged.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 147

I read a book called the Lightning Thief and it was about a boy who is the son of Poseidon. his name is Percy and he is being accused of stealing the lightning bolt, the lightning bolt is Zeus's master bolt. His mom gets kidnapped and is stuck in the underworld. Percy doesn't give up, he keeps fighting until he saves his mom and figures out that the lightning thief is really his friend Luke. Percy defeats Luke and returns the lightning bolt to Zeus, and Zeus lets him go.