Copyright (c) 2014 by SA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SA -- Blogmeister

Snowball

5C

by SA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

All about Ermines:

Female ermines eat animals much bigger than them, while the male ermine does not, ermines are carnivores, they mostly eat ferrets, and weasels. The animal that eats an ermine are coyotes, badgers, foxes, owls, wolverines, and fur traders. Ermines eat rabbits, small insects, and rodents.

Ermines are not so fast in running, but sometimes they could manage to run away from the animal that is coming to eat it. Ermines are actually very much like minks, ferrets, and weasels (believe it or not the ermine is in the same family as the wolverine)!

Ermines can live for 4 to 7 years. Ermines kill their prey by just a quick bite behind the neck. The male ermines usually do not help raise his young, only the female does. And also what an ermine mostly eats are mice, voles, lemmings, pikas, snowshoe hares, birds, insects, and fish carcasses. The ermine is pure white in the winter, but when hunting perches on its shorts.

Ermines somewhat look and act a little like a meerkat. An ermine has black on the tip of its tail. Ermines try to camouflage themselves in the snow, but the tip of its tail does not camouflage, so you can see it. “Ermine” is another word for small northern weasel, there is a word called Mustela erminea means a short black tipped tail, a long body with short legs, and fur that is dark brown in summer and white when it snows (winter). The white fur is also known as “ermine”.

Ermines live in the north part of the earth, because it lives in the snow, ermines are not like other animals, they are ferocious hunters and they don’t smell bad at all, they smell normal, but other animals do have a horrible smell. Ermines have a thick white coat that makes them warm in the snow. Ermines are alert animals, whenever they hear a noise they poke their head out of their little cave, to see if there is an animal outside that the ermine would enjoy eating.

I hope that you have learned a lot of information on ERMINES!!!!

Article posted March 15, 2011 at 09:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 111

Article posted March 8, 2011 at 07:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

Ermines

So much depends upon

A suspicious ermine

Poking its head

Out of the white, clean, snow.

Doughnuts

So much depends upon

A golden doughnut

Sitting on the table

Waiting for me to munch it down my throat.

Juicy Couture

So much depends upon

A Juicy Couture jacket

On the clothes rack

Pleading desperately for me to buy it.

Polar Bear

So much depends upon

A pure white polar bear

Standing up in amazement

Waiting for someone to pet him

Twix

So much depends upon

A chocolaty Twix

Filled with creamy chocolate

Waiting for someone to eat it.

r blog here!

Article posted March 8, 2011 at 07:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 132

Sasha Abou Rafeh

I love recess, it’s my favorite thing in school, but when we start lining up, people never be quiet like 5A and 5B, are always talking loud, and 5C are not, and still some teachers let 5A and 5B go before us, I think the louder we are some teachers will let us go first, and I hope people can do something about this!

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 179

You can enter the text of your blog

The Cardiovascular System Facts

·         Left Side: The left atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the left ventricle, causing the Mitral/Bicuspid valve to open. The left ventricle makes a very strong contraction so that the blood can go all over the body, through the aorta.

·         Right Side: The right atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the right ventricle causing the Tricuspid valve to open. The right ventricle makes a contraction sending deoxygenated blood to the lungs through the pulmonary veins, the lungs will exhale the deoxygenated blood would go out of your body.

·         There are 4 chambers in your heart: Left and right atrium and left and right ventricle.

·         Septum: The septum separates these 4 chambers to stop them from leaking.

·         There are 3 kinds of blood vessels: Arteries, veins, and capillaries.

·         Arteries: There are 2 kinds of arteries which are the pulmonary arteries and the aorta.

·         Aorta: The aorta is the biggest artery in your body.

·         Veins: the veins carry the deoxygenated blood.

·         Naughty Blood Vessels: The pulmonary veins and the pulmonary arteries are the naughty blood vessels; they are called naughty blood vessels because they do the opposite.

·         The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take it away from the heart.

·         Veins: There is only 1 kind if vein which is the pulmonary veins.

·         Capillaries: There are small holes in the lungs and thin lines that surround the hole which are capillaries.

·         Superior and Inferior Vena Cava: The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava bring the deoxygenated blood from the body to the right atrium. The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava are tubes, the down part of the tube, are the Inferior Vena Cava and the upper part of the tube, and is the Superior Vena Cava.

·         The Respiratory system is related to the cardiovascular system.

·         If there is too much fat around your heart, it is possible if you might have a heart attack.

·         You should exercise no matter what your size is, because it’s good for your body and for your heart.

·         When you smoke too many, your lungs would turn black, due to the lack of oxygen in your lungs.

·         We had 2 guests visit our class, a cardiologist, whose name was Dr. Antoine Abchee, and a dietitian whose name was Mrs. Jeanette Karam. We learned quite a lot of facts, like, I learned that when you sit down for a long time then you stand up, you feel kind of dizzy, because the blood will drop all the way down to your legs, and it will take time to reach back up to your head.

·         We also learned some facts with the dietitian Mrs. Jeanette Karam, I learned that when you put vegetables in water, the calcium leaches from the vegetable and so it is better to steam it. I also learned that I should eat more fruits and vegetables.

·          I learned that the cardiovascular system is related to the Respiratory system.

·         I learned that the septum is not that strong.

·         I also learned from Dr. Abchee that we can transfer an adult’s heart to a kid’s heart.

·         I also learned that when you transfer a heart from an adult to a kid the heart grows with the kid.

·         I also learned that your heart is as big as your fist.

·         I also learned that animals have more fat around their heart than humans.

here!

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 08:05 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 67

I made a mistake

I went to the island, the island Bahamas

I made a mistake…and got bitten by lamas.

I went to the store to buy silly bands

I made a mistake…and got stabbed on my hand.

I went to the pet store to buy a cat

I made a mistake…and got hit by a bat

I went to Rabbit Island to see some rabbits

I made a mistake…and got killed by bandits.

Article posted February 13, 2009 at 10:53 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 82

The Dietitian and the Cardiologist

We had 2 visitors coming to our class first we had a dietitian, her name was Miss Jeanette Karam, she told us about what we should eat on a daily bases, I learned what foods that I didn’t know belonged in fruits orvegetables for example a tomato, some people are telling me that it’s a fruit and some peopleare telling me that it’s a vegetable so when she came I knew,a tomato is a fruit.

The second visitor came at the end of the day, his name was Dr. Antoine Abchee, Nicolas’s dad, I learned lots of new facts, I learned that when you sit down for a long time then you stand up you feel dizzy, because the blood will drop all the way down to your legs and it willtake time for the blood to reach up to your head. I also learned that even if you eat on a good diet and you exercise a lot your heart can stop, because the brain might send thewrong message to the heart to slow down, or it could be from your family because maybe someone from your family has it, you can have it too he also told us that you have to be careful because out of nowhere, you can have a heart attack so you have to take care of yourself

It was the best experience ever!!!!

Article posted October 29, 2008 at 09:15 AM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 54