Copyright (c) 2014 by spartan Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
spartan -- Blogmeister

It's Spartan time!-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by spartan teacher: Dean Meyer

R- Role/ Tod Winner 

A- Audience/ Readers 

F- Format/ News paper article

T- topic/ What kind of government did the United States Constitution create?

Checks and Balances

By: Tod Winner

May 1, 1787

The United States Constitution has created Check and Balances, that makes the three branches have equal power.  The Judicial Branch can rule whether laws passed are constitutional and can rule whether actions are constitutional.  The Legislative Branch can charge judges with wrong doing and can override veto.  The Executive Branch can sign or veto laws and can nominate judges.  The system of checks and balances makes it impossible for one branch of government to act without the cooperation of an other branch.  Most people like this idea of not just one branch having all of the power.

Article posted April 23, 2009 at 08:36 AM • comment • Reads 51 • see all articles

I like to play sports my favorite sports are basketball and running. I also have a dog and a cat. I mostly run 5k's.