Copyright (c) 2014 by goheat8 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
goheat8 -- Blogmeister

hola!-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by goheat8 teacher: Dean Meyer
Year in Review Essay 06/01/09
25 Detroit Free Press Workers Get Layed Off 05/26/09
Michigan's Roads Need Repairing 05/19/09
The Government Goes Into Debt 05/12/09
My Heart in a Suitcase Comparison with Animal Farm 05/11/09
State Workers Get 6 Furlough Days 05/05/09
70 Dogs Get Rescued by Animal Control 04/29/09
Michigan Gets Ready for the Swine Flu 04/28/09
21 Horses' Deaths 04/21/09
My Dream Is... 04/21/09

My class read the book Animal Farm and saw My Heart in a Suitcase, a play based on Diary of Anne Frank, and there have been many similarities between the two. One is that the Jews were treated very badly and didn't have the privileges that the Germans had. This is just like when the pigs overworked the other animals and didn't give them the privileges they got. Also, the Nazis were like the pigs in Animal Farm because they treated the Jews badly. I thought that Anne's dad was just like Benjamin, the donkey, because they both knew that things were getting really bad and that something needed to be done about it. Another connection was when Anne's family got attacked by the Nazis. That was sort of like the time the farmers attacked the animals at the farm. Also, Dorit was just like Snowball because they both could have all the special privileges and do everything that the higher level beings could do, but they chose to do what's right and stay with their friends, who were lower level beings and didn't get special privileges. So, those were some of the connections between My Heart in a Suitcase and Animal Farm. I hope they were very useful to you.

Article posted May 11, 2009 at 07:54 PM • comment • Reads 81 • see all articles

hi! this is my blog. i want to tell you that I LOVE ANIMALS!!!