Copyright (c) 2014 by bballstate Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
bballstate -- Blogmeister

Go State!-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by bballstate teacher: Dean Meyer

Article posted February 1, 2011 at 08:21 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 119

I just remembered i still have my blog!! AND GUESS WHAT!! I remember what RAFT stands for and my brother didn't have to tell me! Role, Audience, Format, and Topic! I can't believe i remember! I just had the need to tell you that!:) well, enjoy your snow day(s)! Bye now:)

Article posted October 2, 2010 at 02:05 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 47

Hey Mr.M! I'm just hanging out with you new students putter4 and mini-man! We are getting ready to watch the Michigan State game. I am very glad i got to see k8sports at the homecoming game. It was wondeful. When i first saw her she was probably scared because i hugged her for like 5 minutes strait. (i bet she has never felt this loved) Well the boys just wanted to see my blog, I heard they just got theirs, so now i am just showing them and helping them with their current events. I am very excited to see the tribes for survivor, and i am looking foward to see how my bro does! Well i guess I will talk to you later Mr.M! The boys say hi!

GO STATE!- do you see my writing? GREEN AND WHITE BABY! GO MSU!                                                                                               

Article posted September 24, 2010 at 11:05 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

Hey Mr.Meyer! First, i can't believe i remember my blog password from 2 years ago!  Second, I cannot believe that my brother is in your class! Time has flown by! Well i can tell you all about 7th grade after i get some moments that are CRAZY, which will probably happen soon! I have to go because my brother and his to friends are going to kick me off the computer, so have a good weekend and be ready for my crazy bro Monday!

Article posted April 21, 2010 at 07:45 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 48

Well Mr.Meyer, it has almost ben another school year gone by. I can't even believe that I am in 6th grade, when I am almost ending it. I still remember that right now exactly a year ago we were down to the final 5 probably of survivor, and we were pretty much getting ready to wrap up our chapters in all the school subjects! We were also in Tech Workshop which I think was one of the most fun experiences in my entire life. That though, is just SOME of the highlights from last year!

This year, WO, this year, ya, it is much different than last year. None of the people in the whole Middle School Building know technology like the Meyer Islanders 08-09 do! I remember when our science teacher asked our PACK class if anybody knew how to use NUMBERS or PAGES. Of course, all of the former Meyer Islanders raised their hands, and she was not surprised, because we pretty much knew everything about technology because you taught us. I remember doing a simple KEYNOTE project about the Winter Olympics. THE WINTER OLYMPICS! Can you believe it? Out of all topics to do this huge presentation on, they chose the Winter Olympics! Nothing school related at all, NOPE! Just the Winter Olympics. I really don't get how our teachers think, I mean seriously, think about it. So again, nobody knew how to use KEYNOTE except us awesome Meyer Islanders. Not even the teacher knew how to use it. Actually, it was pretty embarrassing for her because half the time we would have to go up to her computer and help her with it! Us six graders helping this women with technology, WOW!

My last topic is ALL OF THIS HARD WORK! I mean common, I hardly ever have homework. I am serious because i am sure I only get homework approximetley once a month. Hardly anything is new. Science is because it is an actual class this year with homework and a real grade. Social Studies is just about land like Canada and the United States. She actually didn't expect us to know where like the Rocky Mountains were! How stupid does she think we are! Gosh, they are harsh. Math is ALL REVIEW because i asked my brother what he was learning (he is in 4th grade remember) and he said fractions, and he showed me his worksheet. IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE DOING IN 6TH GRADE! Dude these teachers think we are dead as posts! English, well let's just say that there is some third grade stuff!

Well, this chat has now come to a conclusion! You don't know how much all of us miss you! We think about your class every day, and all of our conversations some how bring up you and your class. Trust me, we would do anything to have you for  teacher just for one of our hours! I hope your class is doing OK and that you don't have to countdown until school ends! (Trust me! I am! From April 21, 2010, only 33 days left! Ok, well I can't wait to see you again! SEEYA! :)     

Article posted December 4, 2009 at 09:58 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

I can't believe how much I miss your class Mr.Meyer! Right now I am thinking back to the last day of school when we went to the pit and I almost started crying when you left! I got teary eyed in that last good, better, best! Sixth grade is so easy I think the only time I have homework is getting things signed. You definately have made me such a better student but also a better person. By half way through the year I didn't care that much about survivor and I just liked the part with the computers and everything else! All the things I learned about technology in your class has made me able to do different projects. When we tell the teachers if we can do something a little more challenging for us, they tell us to do the easy stuff and stay at everyone else's pase! I really miss your class because sixth grade is so boring! When you get done with your work so early, there is nothing to do but read a book! But I'm already done with all my book reports=http://!!! 

Article posted June 1, 2009 at 09:12 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 62

The first thing I want to say is it was a  lot of work. We had lot's of work but it was worth it because the person I am right now is the best I am in my life. Mr.Meyer pushed us very hard and I am glad because he made me a better student, and got me ready for sixth grade. 

I remember he big ball challenge with ALL of our class mates. It was fun because it was our second challenge, and it meant to work together. We had to earn the challenge. Another thing we had to earn was  our "woe" for our good, better, best chant. It was hard work to keep ourselves quiet and working. 

My favorite challenge was the challenge when I was voted off. It was my favorite because I had in mind the people who would get votes and I knew I was one. I had to work really hard to get immunity because I knew if I didn't, I was gone. It ended up, we were in the championship. I was sad I was voted off because I thought I could win, I also didn't have any stress on me because of survivor. I was mostly on work. I was also a good thing because then I could focus on work.

My favorite thing to do in Mr.Meyer's class is to say, "Look at ho much work I did this week"! There will be this huge pile of papers at the end of the quarter. I also like how much fun it was. Making movies, survivor, working hard, and having a good time. The hardest part of Mr.Meyer's class hasn't happened yet. I think it will be leaving this class to go to the sixth grade teachers.

Although, some parts were hard when you were voted off, but you would get over it and then you can cheer on your friends. When you get to participate in challenges when you are a pirate for the first time, you start walking with your old tribe, when you know that you are already gone. Even though in your last tribal council you beg to stay in, your gone. To know though, that survivor is like rolling dice, it's all about luck, so you get over it after a while. 

You always have fun watching challenges, and watching the voting when you are a pirate, but, of course, it's not all about survivor. Another thing I had fun with was making movies. We will have tec-workshop every Wednesday after school and make movies. I was a villain in a movie and it was so much fun. I was a cheer leader in another video. It was really fun making movies and, of course, hanging out with friends.

We had an opportunity to visit Detroit to interview people at a Macul conference. It was fun because we were in Detriot and only about eight people in our class got to go, and my mom was there so I got to spend time with her. My friends were there and we would laugh, learn, and have fun! It was a great opportunity to go!

All together, fifth grade has made me a great student, and a better person. Having fun all year and getting pushed really hard. So far, last 2008 has been the bet year ever, but now, I think that 2009 is beating it. I've had so much fun and great times. 5th grade was awesome!         

Article posted May 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

Yesterday night,the Detroit Red Wings won against the Black hawks, 2-1. This happened in Detroit. The red Wings now have a chance to win the Stanley cup against Pittsburgh, best of 7 games. Darren Helm scored the winning goal in overtime leading Detroit over Chicago. Now the Red Wings will be able to have their rematch against Pittsburgh. I think that they will win because even if they don't, they made it this far. For more Info, go to www.lansingstatejournal.com, or click HERE.  

Article posted May 26, 2009 at 09:44 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

Obama elects judge Sonia Sotomayor to supreme court Tuesday/ today. He did this in the D.C. because he wanted someone who demonstrates empathy. For more information, go to www.foxnews.com   

Article posted May 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

This morning, the space shuttle, Atlantis crew began it's final space walk to upgrade the Hubble Space Telescope. If it goes right, it will be the last spacewalk to upgrade it. 

Article posted May 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 61

Jennifer Granholm wants to make more jobs by creating a greener state. She said this at the jobs tomorrow conference at the Lansing Center. She did this yesterday, Monday. She wants to use money   to buy solar pannels and maney enviroment healthy. Go to www.lansingstaejournal.com

I love sports! My favorite sport is basketball. I like it because a lot of teamwork is needed and it is so much fun!