Copyright (c) 2014 by mexico Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
mexico -- Blogmeister

:)-

The Meyer Island 5th Grade Blog

by mexico teacher: Dean Meyer

Article posted January 20, 2010 at 07:35 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 139

Once upon a, NOT

By: mexico

Once upon a Great time ... That is how you would like this story to go but with your luck it won’t! Mostly because in this story it is a little-bit more twisted than you thought back when you only read the first sentence. The reason for this is there once was a girl named Cinderella she was treated poorly and lived an awful life, or so you thought! Maybe just maybe all that was a lie to cover up for how awful Cinderella really was to her kind stepmother! But I know you guys think how could such a beautiful, little girl do such a thing? Maybe she wasn’t so beautiful after all; maybe that beautiful girl you see in the movie is an actress covering up for Cinderella and such her bad behavior!! But instead of listening to me lets listen to the real victim herself!!

Hello I am the beautiful, wonderful stepmother in a modest perspective. This hurts me to say to all you Cinderella fans but I must! Cinderella was not a nice girl and did not have a heart, for there was nothing that you could do right around her unless it was wrong! I myself have had to let her hurt my daughters otherwise she would hurt our pets!! Yes I did say she would abuse our pets!!  Now my daughters did have to share a room while Cinderella got a room to herself, while this sounds awful I would not want my daughters sharing a room with her a day in there lives! I loved them as I tried to love Cindy but as I said her heart was buried so far you would have a better chance getting to earth’s core. Let me tell you Cinderella’s real life!

While it was kind of good to get her frustration out I thought it shall be a servant’s job, but she loved to scrub our floors. Who was I to stop her? One night there was a huge ball and she wanted to stay home to do nothing but scrub our floors. So I couldn’t ruin my children’s lives as well, so we went. Then for some reason when we got home she was very jumpy like she did not want me to know something. As it is I left it at that. Then a few days after the ball a prince comes to the castle doors saying he met this DARLING young woman at the ball; darling, pah-leeze it could not be Cindy now! So I made her stay up stairs because I did not want her to get her high hopes up. I mean seriously that whole lie was awful, do you really think I would stop a princess from marrying a hansom prince?”

“Yeah pretty much” “Commented your step daughters. Hi I am the narrator Bob.” said me.

“Let’s go back to me telling my story. Daughters if you don’t be quiet I will put you in the Dungeon!” said the stepmother

What” shouted the daughters!

I WILL PUT YOU IN THE DUNGEON!”

“Ahhhhhh!” they screamed as they ran.

“Oh hi I was just kidding” Blatantly said the step-mom.

“Anyway, blah, blah, blah. I did not want to get her hopes up. She had big fat feet and they would not have fit into this slipper he wanted us to try on to see who the girl was that he met!

Somehow though in her evil little ways she got to the prince and married him! Can you believe it, married! She left me in the dump; literally because I had to clean her trash all the time! After all I put up with from her, and the wonderful attic I gave her; most likely was a tad messy but good enough! I do not deserve this, and I most certainly do not with what I put up with from her!

She was ugly anyway, just like all those other liar fairy tails but never for the good people does it turn out good! Well there’s my point; like it or not I do not care my life stinks anyway! But I do have little happily ever after, for every time I have to take her trash out I steal a bracelet of hers! HA HA HA HA! Who is happily ever after now, well still not me! But I will avenge!”…………………………………………………..

“Oh sorry, Bob again I guess I am supposed to say THE END now so THE END.” said myself

The End

Article posted June 18, 2009 at 08:50 PM GMT-5 • comment (3) • Reads 57

Well I think it is hard because you are moving on from a school you have known forever and you have so many memories, great and awful! But for me and my whole class it is harder because our teacher Mr.Meyer was the best! He made me a way better student and a student that enjoys reading more often now. since I read but not a ton before. I loved it because I could not believe how much work we did and how many things we did to learn that went above and beyond! We did not just work though we got rewards for our hard work and that made us want to push ourselves harder so we could have fun! It was hard leaving because we all new that we would never have a teacher as great as our 5th grade one Mr.Meyer! I am pretty confident about moving onto the sixth grade with the teachers that are... a little different or opposite of Mr.Meyer!It was hard leaving but I will always remember 5th grade, or as I like to say the best year of school in my life! I got new friends, new ways of thinking, and became a new student and person. 5th grade will be a year to remember!

Article posted June 2, 2009 at 09:38 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 60

5th Grade Memoirs

By: Erica

In one word when I think of 5th grade I would say just unbelievable, but I can't describe it in one word cause it was more it was phenomenal and I would have to give so many great memories for anyone to believe that! I remember going to the zoo for the big zoo lesson! e each got our own animal but we still got to look at others and it was just so funny to watch some! I could not believe a teacher would do that but better he did not just do it so we could just do nothing and say ooh  aaaaaaaahhh we had to do these little writing things but some were fun cause we drew! Plus we as kids got to be more independent walking around the zoo! So it was way more fun than following in a single file line. That was just one amazing experience!

I remember when we first started survivor and I was like I cannot believe I got in this class, it is just so awesome! I never thought I would make it to the final three! But without being in this class I never thought I would be in survivor!

Mr.Meyer's class is by far the toughest 5th grade class but by far the best 5th grade class! He taught us in a better way that had us explore new things. What I liked most is that when we would go to the comp. lab we were not there to sit and play games that get boring after a day, we were there to do something and we knew what we had to do and not just sit and waste our time! The class was hard but it was great for me since we did a book report every month cause in 6th grade you read 6-8 per term! It prepared me so much cause in 4th grade we read one just one book all year! It was crazy.

One thing I remember is at the beginning of the year we did podcasting and it was awesome cause I never new how to do that! It was great cause I learned all this great technology and I got to go to Mucull in Detroit and that was a once in a lifetime experience! I have a blog now I mean what is that is what I would have said at the beginning of the year but no not at all anymore. I love the technology and great things that are something you don't get to just do anywhere! Cause we made movies and all kinds of things!

Did I expect 5th grade with Mr.Meyer to be hard? No of course not , I thought it was all survivor but it definitely was not and I am actually so glad since no I know things and learned a lot! So if anyone was to say that this class is all survivor, or fun I would say, " You are CRAZY"! It is way more than fun it is a blast but still great school learning and technology! Whereas some teachers are scared and just use the white board all day, we get to teach him and he teaches us!

Article posted May 27, 2009 at 04:24 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 56

Some tabloids are saying that Jon cheated on Kate from (Jon & Kate Plus 8) and if it is true I think that is awful cause there is no excuse for that! Kat ehas done nothing and it is awful! She has actually been trying to work on the problem with there marrige for six months now and cannot find the problem. She thinks in those months they have swiftly turned into two different people! She is all for the kids and is doing what is best for them. But they are really mad and have just faced eachother for the first time and told there feelings seperately. They are trying to figure out what beholds there future. While that the odds for marriges that have multiples are more likely to divorce and thought a couple years ago they were going to beat the odds, they do not know anymore!

Source: TLC Jon & Kate Plus 8

Article posted May 27, 2009 at 04:02 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 57

In Pixar animation you might think how do they do that great of authenticity and they always think the same thing! In Pixars "Up" just making the 10,000 baloons took them lots and lots of weeks! Cause how they move and if one hits the other than it is dominoes! So they could not hand animate cause that would take forever! So they had to use this technology thing called the "procedural animation" and it still took long! But a problem was that wehn they use the procedural animation it does random things that you did not ask for it to do like for "Up" when the house lifted a chunk of baloons flew off and so they decided to keep it anyway. But it is a really long procedure to do animation! I think that would be torture to work on for over lots of weeks but it would be worth it since it will probably be a huge hit! It would be hard since they put these huge details in it and would be like it is a disaster if one tiny thing is not right! Like when the boy runs his hands through his hair in the movie it took them six weeks to do!

source:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/27/tech/cnettechnews/main5044054.shtml?tag=topStories;secondStory

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 09:57 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

Obama has been putting a lot of money into cleaning up some huge lakes like Traverse City Beach. But yes he has put quite some money into cleaning them but in my own opinion it is worth it because he even said it is helping our ecosystem and it is a project that could take years! It will cost about $475 million to do it but hopefully it will help! 

source: lsj.com

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 08:48 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

There has been a carnival dontown in Laingsburg and as always it is a huge hit! There was a new thing that you would have to pay three dollars for and it has been said by people. It is very exciting and a bit loud but you will alwways have fun even if you do not like rides There are food and pop and all types of refreshments! I love the carnival and I get a tad sick but there are rides for little youngsters too! This is a fun carnival in my opinion because when spring starts that is what I look forward to!

source : Laingsburg

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 03:19 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 57

There has been a Swine flu outbreak all starting from a place in Mexico. Everyone is evacuating Mexico near California! The people are saying do not go there unless you really really need to! I think that it is really scary and people should wash there hands way more than normal! 

Today Show

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 03:17 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

The Current Economic Event

Who are these economic problems happening to?  The United States of America.  What am I even talking about?  I am talking about the

current economic problems happening now.  Since this is about current events this economic problem is happening right now.  Here in

our country is where people are losing their jobs every day and prices are rising, not a good combination.  This is happening becuase lately ourcountry, as well as our world, is starting to deal with huge money problems that are now adding up.  Yeah, yeah what's your point?  I'll tell you thepoint.  If you think this won't effect you then you are mistaken.  Jobs are becoming more and more scarce and soon they will be even more so. 

If you go a few years back you might be able to find a job without having ever gone to college.  Now, it's nearly impossible to do so. Our

generation will be dealing with these money problems left to us and will be going up against hundreds others when going up for a job.  This is the

theory that is being predicted but soon it could be the current event.

Google.com and news channels

Article posted May 6, 2009 at 03:07 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

Anne Frank t-t connections

Jews felt they wanted to have pride but they could not have pride when they couldn't even sit on a bench in the park. Anne must have been so so scared the night when people were throwing glass at their house one night! It reminds me of the book,'' Animal Farm '' because the sheep and cows are like the Jew's and Anne, and also in both wars the taking over started really small and turned to be huge! So soon the animals and Jews were disappearing slowly. Anne's mom was killed in a gas chamber and that reminds me of when the horse Boxer in Animal Farm was sent  to the glue factory. The sheep and cows wanted to help but they couldn't and that was how Anne's dad felt when they threw lass at them and he said something along these lines '' there is war coming an when it does we will die, I am out of hope'' and he gave away his music and that was the only thing that gave him hope. The pigs in Animal Farm are quite like the nautzies taking over! I think it takes a lot of courage to be Anne because she left her parents not wanting to because she did not know if she would ever see them again!

I get also reminded of slavery because blacks also could not sit on white benches or go to white stores! I think that was awful and I am so happy it is over. 

Article posted April 30, 2009 at 09:11 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

I give City of Ember four stars because to me at the beginning and towards the end it was a tad confusing but it was adventurous! Also it was like, “finely!” when they found what they were looking for!  This book was very intense and sneaky! This book is very different and you should not read it if you want a great ending but it is very memorable.  

Article posted April 30, 2009 at 08:28 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 56

Now the Constiution but they don't want is making not a too strong central government because they do not want it to be like living in England, but they don't want it weak like the Articals of Confederation made! I think that this is great but in my prespective I think it will get too stong but who knows until we try. They are making it so us the people have some poer and most of all finaly EAQUAL! Our leaders are making it so that the three ne parts of government equal each other out. But to me I alays think what if more than two take over... hat if all of them do? No that is a question to awnser people. No there is this different new type of thing called checks and balances, it evens out the branches. Now I may think that there are things that could be better, I must say "We the people are on the road to freedom"!

Article posted April 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

A mother was driving through New York City last week and her ten year old and twelve year old daughters were fighting so she pulled over and made them get out of the car at an intersection. The twelve year old daughter ran after her mother so the mom let her in the car and drove off. Leaving the little ten year old behind crying! Later a man found the ten year old and called the cops so the mom went to jail! I think that is horrible just to think about because first if I was the twelve year old I would not run for her because I would think that mom was awful, but I understand how terrified you would be if your mom left you. But I just find it unbelievable that a mom could do that!

Article posted April 27, 2009 at 07:23 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

Hoop Dreams

Did Arthur and William get their hopes too high? 

Well in my own opinion of course, absolutely! Part of it was for Arthur his dad, his dad just always went off ranting of how Arthur's going to the N.B.A. and be a pro. When Arthur was a short little, no muscle eighth grader. Plus I don't think having his dad be on drugs would help him nevertheless hurt him from making it there. So he needed to be more real! I mean he just acted like everything would just come running to him! Plus he did not care for school or anything but basket-ball. How did he expect to get to the N.B.A. with horrible grades even tho he could get a scholarship he would of had to have half great grades! Plus it is very hard to rise above from the kind of things there is in that neighborhood where he lives. So I would hope people realize not to get theeir hopes too high!

William I don't think got his hopes unreally high. He also did not have a parent being cocky and saying " he is going to the N.B.A. " His mom is more real in saying " What if, what if you don't make it to the N.B.A.?" Plus William did make a few bad choices but he still worked hard in school. If anyone shoul have had their hopes high he should of been the one since he was more musclier and could dunk in the eighth grade! But it is great that he did not think too highly of himself because it is hard growing up in a neighborhood like that one, with all the drougs going around and robberies. But turning off things like that is one of his fantabulus choices! So he was pretty real in all since he looked ahead to what if and looked at his future.

Getting your hopes too high is not a great thing to do because then it just hurts you more if you don't get what you want! Arthur I think should in no way think that he could get that great of a thing to happen, not because who he is but his choices like how he took money from droug dealers but mostly how he spent it, he did in noway save it he just spent it on expensive jackets that he didn't need. Unlike William who worked hard in school while Arthur had to take summer school! So a lesson is it is not helpful to you to get hopes high because if it does not work you are just depressed and be reasonable. 

Article posted April 24, 2009 at 09:00 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

My Dream...

By: Mexico

"Social Studies time" says my teacher as I begin to day dream of a great dream, ... my dream! My dream is to be an ocean animal saver! First I will defiantly go to college! I think M.S.U. for my first two years first for a more education and for a fallback job as a teacher because that is my second favorite job even if it doesn't pay a lot! Then on my last two years I will go down to Florida State University for my degree in sea-life. I will then get out of college and go travel in the ocean to save wild sea-animals every other week then it lasts three weeks. Over a year at the age of twenty-four I will have a kid her name will be Audrina Marie. Then a little over a year later I want to have another child named Amanda Lynn and after she is born I will move to Tennesee because I do not want a hurricane to come and have us die or have to leave our stuff behind. So it will be great to live in Tennesee since I have cousins on both sides of the state! There I will have one kid two years later at the age of twenty-seven and her name will Lily Ann. I will only go on the ocean every other month for two weeks. Then I will have my kids start going with me and my husband who is a lawer. Just like my sister. But then four years later I want to have my final kid Sydney Beth. My oldest is now seven years old and Amanda is six so Lily is four years old when they get a sister! I had four girls because my great grandma had four kids then my grandma and then my mom had four kids! Plus I wish to have no boys so then I will stop going on the ocean that much because then I'm away from my kids too long! So one year I will only go every four months for two weeks. Mostly my job is I work at an aquarium and sometimes be a subsitute teacher when I want to! Our whole family loves to travel but we are not a money machine so we go places sometimes every spring break, and all the time to our cabin over the week of Fourth of July! My kids do so many sports that I don't no where I am driving them to half the time. But they would be fun to watch since I do sports. Then who knows from there what happens until math class.   

Article posted April 22, 2009 at 02:52 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

13-2

R- Luluu

A- Luluu

F- Diary

T- Explain what the Great Compromise was?

Dear Diary, I feel sick right now because if the Virginia Plan wins we won’t be able to get any law passed with representatives given for how big the population of the state is! I sure hope the New Jersey Plan wins, it is just way more fair that way. The New Jersey plan is equal but the Virginia is not, seems everything in the south is unfair! I will be devastated if that Virginia Plan passes! The Legislative Branch is horrible because then the House of Representatives is chosen by population  so all the big states basically choose the senates since the House of Representatives is the ons who choose senates! Well I have to cook dinner now so I must go.

Sincerely,

Luluu

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 04:37 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 72

Article posted April 15, 2009 at 09:01 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 62

[LINK]" />

The pirates Attack

Recently there has been a pirate attack! The captain of the good sailors was the bravest person ever to me! What he did is he said to the pirates “Take me but leave my passengers.” I do not know how he did that! So once they took him and eventually the navy had a practically perfect shot and got the pirates through the windows of the boat windshield. The pirate has just got back a couple of days ago. I cannot believe it because he did not want all those people to die so he risked his life which is so thoughtful.

Article posted April 1, 2009 at 09:00 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 61

Now I think Villanova is a strong team! But they don’t have high hopes of beating North Carolina Friday. So they should do well but who knows. They will be playing in Detroit in the final four! Which is amazing!  

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11573812   also espnews

Article posted March 10, 2009 at 08:52 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

This just shows how badly the debt of people is building from all the taxes and high bills! Also how it obviously is not getting any better. So all the younger generations are going to have A debt pile of Mt.Everest, which is very awful and very sad! So I think that we need to pull this economy back in place! So we can not have more and more homeless people on the streets because they lost there jobs and are piled in debt! So they get tired and not just that but they can’t pay there bills!  

By: Michael Ramirez, Investor’s Business Daily, Creators News Service

Article posted March 6, 2009 at 09:00 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 55

I loved the Skype conference! It was so cool seeing them from a whole other place.  They had only thirteen kids in there class.  Especially when you get your own laptop! Plus they probably get to do more things because it cost less with thirteen kids. But I just think it’s personally amazing that they get to go skiing, especially since that is my favorite thing to do in all time!! So I’m so jealous They also got those most awesome personal projector that is mini! 

Article posted March 3, 2009 at 10:22 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 50

R- Elizabeth from Virginia

A- Elizabeth

F- Diary

T- What led the colonies to rebel against Great Britain?

Dear Diary 

Dear Diary, I think we need to boycott! They are raising taxes and I can’t stand it. Now there is the Stamp Act. I don’t understand why we let them rule us! It is time to stand up for our selves. But I am excited that the liberty boys are here! I do not think the Townshend Acts are at all reasonable. Some tea, and paper and the British think we’re all going to die without taxes. They just want money, well we won’t et that happen! But then we started to get informed by the Committees of Correspondence, so that is nice. Soon after the Boston Massacre came a real excitement, “ The Boston Tea Party”.   But the worst thing in my life time was the Intolerable Acts. These were an outrage! We should never have to feed such horrible men in our house! Those darn British soldiers!Well I have to go now I guess!

Love,   Elizabeth

Article posted February 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 58

This picture is about how car companies are getting a bailout (money) while homeowners are getting forclosed houses (losing there houses by the bank). So if you worked at a car company you could get money and "practicly start all over! The cartoonist of this probbably doesn't like the idea of car companies getting a bail out especially when people are losing houses!  

Article posted February 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 71

The Digestive System

A Sour Skittle

I am a sour skittle! I will tell you my awful story from a better place or worse! It all started the day I went swimming for the first time. Everyone up here calls it the saliva and the log the tongue. Well my mom told me never to go swimming. But I said “whatever”.  So when I got in the so called saliva I thought my life was flashing and I was dying! I was. I got thrown and chomped on by these teeth. At least that’s what Marshle Mellow told me. He’s in the place I went after the adventure. Actually he’s right here, say hi Marshle. “ Hi”. Now I saw two tunnels. I was going to go down one but there some type of trap door, so I went down a different one unfortunately. It must be the esophagus. I am being sort of pushed down one by one. Then came the burning acid from that poor stomach. But more worse for me! Then the gall bladder, liver, and pancreas came. They sprayed me almost to death! Marshle said this was the worst part! He was right. Then I went through the longest boringest tunnel yet. it had to be the Small Intestine, i had to be! Then there was this thick tunnel not as long which must be the Large Intestine because I was getting really dryed off well. Then there was another thing I just sat in for a while. The Anus.

Article posted February 18, 2009 at 06:30 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

This chimp attacked this girl’s best friend. The owner said that he is almost like a family member. He can even go online! But there was a huge surprising attack. People are saying it might be because of his medicine. But sadly they had to kill him because he was no longer safe. The news even says chimps are really not meant to be pets. No matter how well trained! He was even on Tv once. He has just done it February 18th. everyone is hoping this will not happen again!!

today show

Article posted February 10, 2009 at 04:08 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

The Plane Crash Current Event

There were about 150 passengers aboard a plane taking a normal trip but what they never would of ever thought that they were going to be lucky to be alive. The pilot was unbelievably calm when he new the plane was going to be in the Hudson River! If you watch the news you could here how calm he was talking to the operator. Just two weeks ago. But I know I wouldn’t of been that calm!! But how it started is a little weird. HUGE birds crashed into the engine and the pilot said he smelt heard the boom and felt the shake! So the engine was leaking big. But the cool part is the pilot had training for this same situation his whole life! What his advice was don’t panic witch he did perfectly. Because when you panic everything goes wrong. He told the operator in mono tone we’re going in the Hudson. But the best part is everyone lived!! About five faced bad injuries but not deathly.

Article posted February 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

R-British Times Paper

A-Britain

F-Newspaper

T-What were the results of the French and Indian War?

The British Times

The hot news of the past week as you had to of heard of is the British have won the War. Now don’t worry I’ll give you details. The French gave Spain a whole lot of Louisiana just to keep it away from us! So they got a really important part in the fur trade! How unfair! But who cares because we gained almost all there North American lands! So don’t be sad, laugh at them! I know I am!! Then, we got Florida from Frances dumb ally’s, Spain. But sadly our dearest Edward Braddock has died! There Will be a funeral held for him Saturday the 12th! But We got George, and he took over again! But there is more land in Virginia near Fort Duquesne. If you are looking. But if you would like to know how this French and Indian War don’t put this paper down! Well Washington sent hi soldiers to attack some French soldiers. In the woods and that little battle started the French and Indian War!!

Article posted January 27, 2009 at 02:20 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 52

R-Fred the town crier            Advertisement for slaves

A-The town folks

F-Advertisement

T-What was the plantation system?

Everyone read this. If you go to a plantation system you will see sometimes hundreds of slaves. If you are wondering what the plantation system is keep reading. It is almost like a small town. With certain jobs. There was the big house with the planter and the planters family lived. It was really fancy and smack dab in the center of all the attention. Then there was the overseer is like the boss and tells everyone what to do. Many slaves worked in the “Big House” and were called “house slaves”. Then there were the slaves that took care of the animals and worked at shops or barns. I think it is horrible that life on a plantation depended on who you were or to be more specific what color you are!  But that is a plantation.  

Article posted January 22, 2009 at 02:26 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 45

Reader -Bob Freditino 

Audience - Bob Freditino

Format -Diary

Topic -How did the New Englanders use the sea? 

August 16, 1748 

Dear Diary,  Oh I had a hard day today. My boss was pushing us so hard with the 30 ships that came in today. I was exhausted! Gosh they must of brought 400 slaves today across the sea. Got some money though. Sold some indigo today. It should take days for it to reach England across the sea. We better get some cash crop in return. I really had a horrible day. The slaves I can just imagine one knock on the door and they are like someone’s dog! We have to load 200 boxes of tobacco! We are getting yelled at constantly because we have to work hard and fast today! Well I have to go now, buy.   

Love 

Bob Freditino

Article posted January 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

Article posted January 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 52

Article posted January 8, 2009 at 02:45 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

One sunny Mystery

Well maybe it didn’t start off sunny because it was a huge storm!! Oh and there were four families that all lived on the same street. Not just any old families, they all had something in common. Something well you’ll have to wait. It turns out they were each others worst nightmare. But then that one mysterious night changed there lives. The Blongres were more country like hilbillies. Then the Prefects were the rich and fancy ones on the left side of the Blongers house. I can guess you know how well they got along. Then on the right side of the Prefects were the Normties and they were pretty much regular except they had one son which is six by now and spoiled him like he was the King of England and his name was Cleates. Rather odd of a name but they thought he was perfect! Then the only family rather luckey because they live across the street from all that non scense but still they could not get away from it. They were the Noodle-bops and strange were very smart! So every thing went missing and they looked  forever and then it all came back. The question is how? Well the Normties had some suspicion about the Noodle-bop's and not the Blongers because why would some people as rich as them want more? So they went to the cops but well the cops lets just say didnot help.  This is petty the Normties would always say it only happened once as they said that over and over again!  They all spent one night barbaquing at the Blongers and discussed suspects. That night at two o' clock more huge breaking of glass noises sounded. It came from the Blongers house everything was gone. So the Blongers stayed with the Noodle-bops since the Normties went on vacation for there son. Plus the Prefects cannot be in the same room as the Blongers alone.  The cops finally came and searched thehouse but all they found was a note that says this is PETTY!!            

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 12:35 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

Snow Day

YES it is a snow day I had a feeling! It was bright outside so it obviously was not six o clock! It was eight. Yes and my mom said I had to go to bed early. So I got up and I read a book Mainstreet then for a half hour Zoo Tycoon. Then my mom got up and you know what happens next, laundry. So my sister brought up a load and I folded. So at about twelve o clock I shoveled the whole drive way with my sister Amanda and my dad because of cource my other sisters Aimee and Maggie would not help!! It was so hard when I did one row my dad did six I just felt like I did six. My dad  could tell I looked tired even. 

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 12:18 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

Home Town Tales

by: Mexico

Once in  Laingsburg Michigan down Prospect Lane a huge tragedy happened. It all started with the thing!! One day a six year old girl Luluu had know idea that in the town of Laingsburg the thing, was unspeakable!! It was a cow type monster that wanted one thing most, pie, but the second most was vegetarians! “Those meat eating monster should die of pain!” The horrible thing was always thinking to himself and of ways to get revenge. ”That thing” turns out little Luluu found out he  lives on the highest hill Mt. ... Everest!!! So she went up the hill one day and tried to make sure the “thing” was real! But guess what Luluu was missing for months but every one was to scared to go up there. So one day a big creepy thing crept down the hill and it roared so bad that the whole town saw  little Luluu come out of it’s mouth and her dad tried to get her. But the cow type “thing” swung around and killed him! But no one new they just thought he was uncontius! Everyone was running home trying to find there family. Ahhhh mommy daddy little Luluu shouted. She went down to get her dad and hug him for the first time in a long time and the last time. He was now not breathing. Noo daddy I love you please come back. I won’t get in to trouble anymore. The thing stomped up the hill more like mountain. Leaving little Luluu on her dad balling and her mom walking over to Luluu and her now disinagrating      husband right before her eyes! The days passed and they tried to move on but it was not the same and poor little Luluu did not even get a chance to say goodbye so as Luluu was getting of age fifteen her mother grew sick and was dying from a cold of the “thing” put on her by one huge cough up from the mountain above and soon Luluu’s mother would be up above. So as Luluu lived from there we aren’t sure. 

Article posted December 2, 2008 at 09:06 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

Who:Randy Goodman and a deer!

What:Got attacked by a deer.

When:Mid November while hunting.

Where:in the woods

How:He shot the deer and went to get it but it was not dead yetand who knows what the poor animal was thinking!

Why:We will never know why the deer attacked but we should know that it was defending. As for Randy he was going to get it because he thought it was dead!

So What:I think that would be the scariest thing ever but I would not hate the deer it was only defending!!

Sourse:news at aol search

Article posted November 19, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT-5 • comment (8) • Reads 50

I was seven years old and guess what happened. Why don’t you you listen for your self. Why did you get out of the lake? I thought you liked the shallow water Elaine. Wait Ow!!! I think I’m bleeding the water has blood plus my knee has a horrid pain!! Here, I’ll help you on the boat Uncle Scott said. I watched my painful knee with blood in a hurry to get out like it is going to be late for a job that pays millions. I tried not to cry because my cousin Elaine, one year younger than me and a three year old Brad and four  year old Victoria were there. But by the time we got to the cabin I was balling.9I thought the boat would never reach the cabin). My Uncle carried me to my dad and he carried me to his tent. All my cousins and sisters were at the cabin and now were sorrounding me. I felt like I was going to get sick. I tried not to scream but when I did I let it out!! I was lieing down. When I sat up and looked at the blood running down my leg from my knee I was... almost hiper venalating. Blood makes me feel more pain. So I started screaming. But finally they got those butterfly bandaid things on with a bandaid and my mom and dad plus everyone were calming me down. I felt better, although when I wanted to go somewhere my dad would have to carry me because I had to keep my leg straight for the rest of vacation. But my mom played cards with me. Plus Elaine let me use her "Madagascar" movie. After a couple of days I could walk with my leg straight=http://! So that ment I could play softball. But they went easy on me since I ran like a DUCK. Because my right leg still had to be straight. So when it was time to go to our house and leave the cabin I could almost walk normal. I still have a scar today. Oh man was I happy to not have to take off those bandaids plus my knee didn't look discusting anymore=http://=http://         

Article posted November 18, 2008 at 05:06 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 43

A Walk IN THE Woods

BY: Mexico

B-ball23 look at it.  Do you see it!! Mexico it is just my brother. I Really don’t think it is B-ball23. It looks big, black, and furry. Unless your brother got super harry, I don’t think it is him. There is no such thing as Bigfoot Mexico!!! Then look above us it is on our tent! Hey B-ball23 said curiously, Where did B-ball4life and B-ball State go?? I don’t want to know B-ball23. Really that’s all right. But it does look fatter!!? Ahhhhh1!! Run!! I am hiper venalating Mexico. Don’t look back! It has three heads!! You looked back?? Yeah, a  little . Why B-ball23 why?? Wait a minute… (mouth drops) it looks like B-ball4life and B-ball State and oh my brother!! We got you said B-ball4life, B-ball State, and B-ball23’s brother Zac-o-man. We were not scared!! Oh come on Mexico. Fine, mabey a little. Ha Ha.

Article posted November 13, 2008 at 09:44 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

1.1.) What was the artist's purpose for this photo exposition?

To teach us about other peoples lives and they don’t all have it great.

2.) What feelings do the photos make you experience?

They make me feel greatful that I don’t have to be away from my family and work so hard and not earn anything  because they send the money back to there family.

3.) Are the photos effective in their purpose when the text is added?

Yes because without the text I would of thought it was a crazy person.

4.) What did you find interesting?

I thought it was cool because I think most of them are real heroes from movies. 

5.) Does this change your ideas about heroes?  

Yes because real heroes are not just from movies.

6.) What would you do to make people THINK about what a hero is?

I would say a hero doesn’t have to fly or save the day they just have to be someone to look up to.

Article posted November 12, 2008 at 02:49 PM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 52

"Where did they go " everyone was shouting!!!  Mr.Meyer my teacher said "we have to find  the seven kids that are in the zoo. The docent didn’t know to wait to give the tour.  We circled everywhere!!!!We were out of breath!  Where could they of gone??I Looked with Mr. Meyer and most of our class at all of the exhibits one to the next. I felt so worried . But I was pretty sure they were still in the zoo. But who was I to tell?I kept smelling rotten urine.  It was a little fun once you got passed the worriedness.  We were playing hide and seek in the zoo. Once we got back to where we started there right before my eyes were the seven missing kids.I was amazed, I thought we would never find them.  There they were! 

By :Mexico

Article posted November 12, 2008 at 02:40 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

By : Erica Dedic

I LOVE MSU.I also love animals!! :p