Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

5A

by AA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

Why Good Eating Habits are Important for Children

Why do we have to eat what mom puts on our plate? Why can’t we just take a bite or two and leave? Well, your body needs it so you can have super powers! Kidding! But you need it for your health.

Health:

You need food for energy and strength, if your body doesn’t get enough food you’ll faint! When you are skinny that’s fine but you shouldn’t be too skinny that’s bad for your health. Also when you don’t eat you get hungry and need food, eat when you’ve got the chance.

Energy:

Once you eat food it turns into energy. If you’re playing a sport and you feel tired and dizzy it’s because you didn’t eat. You know when you have a cramp, it’s probably because you didn’t drink water, and when you eat bananas its good for cramps. Your brain needs the food to function, it needs energy.

Amount:

When you’re eating, you shouldn’t take so much food, take some, finish it then add more. Don’t take to little either, eat a good portion of food. There’s a expression for that it’s called “eyes before stomach” it means don’t take too much food or you’ll be full before you know it.

So if you follow these tips, you’ll be a healthy, good sized child. And eat the things your mom puts on your plate!

As you know today is April Fools Day, I was planning alot of pranks. I acomplished most of them, but my most precius prank was destroyed. My friend has a whoopie cushin and I wanted to put it on my classmates chair, but as you should know my friend was using the cusion to. So, one of her classmates poped it! You may ask how you can pop a whoopie cusion, well if u fill it up with to much air it can break, and that what they did and jumped on it. Now you know why my prank was ruinned, but I know i can replace it with a better one, oh! Just to tell you, never let people interfear with your whoopie cusion.

Article posted April 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

My class and I were learning about the circulatory system, which is system is a system that is in your body and your heart and lungs are a part of it, so we dissected them, and let me tell you, it’s not disgusting.

First, Miss Salem came to our class to show us how to dissect the heart, she showed us how to cut open the heart very carefully and let us touch the inside and put our finger in the aorta (I have to tell you it felt like pasta)! She also cut open the lungs and showed us where the oxygen comes in.  After Miss Salem left, we got to dissect the heart ourselves!

It was so fun! Did you know the heart has 4 chambers (I knew that already)? We got to see the valves, septum, arteries, and the cordettas. If you pull on one it makes a noise like “TING!” The only thing I didn’t like was the de-oxygenated blood, it was dark blue and would stick together and it was so gooey!

Dissecting the heart was fun, I wish we could do it again, but we weren’t playing around, we were learning while having fun! For once, learning was fun.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

So much depends            

Upon

You having your

Lunch

With a cute

Dog

Staring at you

Desperately

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

I am from a dog going in and out of my room at night, jumping on and off my bed, and from crawling out of my crib at night sneaking into my parent’s room. I am from glasses leaving marks on the side of my nose, from “Keep your glasses on!” I am from losing and gaining weight, eating and eating. I am from having trouble waking up, and being late to school, from having the most late slips. I am from a school with a cute uniform and lockers, from hatching ducks and getting scabs everyday from tripping on the hard rock playground. I am from a school bus with black and yellow strips, trying to avoid the bullies, from people mistaking me as my sister, from “Hey Hana-bannana!” witch annoyed me a lot. I am from imitating the sound of a Pepsi can, from a kind nanny. I am from my brother playing on his play station in our cozy basement. I am from running up and down the staircase, from scavenger hunts of chocolate eggs, from a stadium with delicious lollipops and hockey games. I am from afternoons with Sesame Street, Teletubbies, and Barny. I am from a village where my dad has work and where my parents grew up, from plastic cups my grandma gives me, and from a loving family.

Article posted January 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

WOW! It was great! Fresh air, some snow, and the food was good! When we first got there I knew it would be great. Even though I had a headache from the bus, it went away as soon as I got off. We went for a walk, and drank hot chocolate (a-m-a-z-i-n-g amazing!). We did lots of fun activities. We did sky lining and learned about how earth was made, we got to carry cute little birds, and there was a cute donkey and we got to pet him! (I feed him bread.)

At night we went for a little walk and gazed at the stars and saw Oh-Ryan's (Orion's - teacher correction) belt (and the moon looked like a toenail!). It was sad at dinner 'cuz Mr Andre forgot our table and left us starved until half-an-hour later. Best of all, the rooms were fantastic! So cute, it's like a little hut. Warm and cozy! I hope one day you'll vist Ramlieh though you won't stay in the same house, it's still B-E-AUTIFUL!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31371840@N06/5145094927/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/31371840@N06/5145094927/" title="Alya by ACS5A, on Flickr">Alya

This number line must have some mistakes, but it was easy to do. I forgot to put a letter in so the teacher didn't understand. It's all in the head, just a concept of math.

Article posted November 4, 2010 at 11:26 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

THE zero was created in India while the Arabs created the 123456789. It was first in English but the Hindus made it in Arabic, so the Arabs wanted to trade numbers and the Hindus accepted but were still curious about the zero. The inventor of the zero was unknown and had no credit at all. We are still wondering today, how did this happen?

Article posted November 3, 2010 at 08:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

From 5A Readling Log Wordles