Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

5A

by AA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Title: 5A - Expository Test (Listening) (03/28/11)
Description: An Unassisted Expository Text; planned, written and typed in one Writer's Workshop (80 minutes)

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 128

Have Good Manners When You Eat

An Unassisted Expository Text; planned, written and typed in one Writers Workshop (80 minutes) by MV

As you might already know, most people eat with good manners. They use their fork, spoon, and knife to eat. They use a napkin to wipe their hands etc. But why do they use good manners? Because its polite.

People that do not use good manners to eat will make people think how not educated you are. For example, if you were having lunch with your friends, and then all of a sudden you start grabbing the food out of your plate and stuffing it in your mouth, you will see that the look of your friend’s faces will look surprised. Because they will then think that you were not educated well. Even if you say that you are, by the look of your behavior it shows that are not.

Also if you do not use good manners, some people will not invite you to parties or for dinner outside at a restaurant. The person that invited everybody (including you) would be so embarrassed. With all the people around him that also got invited. Some people might even leave and never invite you to party again.

But as you know everyone who doesn’t eat with good manners can improve. Just eat with your utensils (fork, spoon and knife) wipe your mouth with a napkin and say “excuse me” if you burp by mistake. Also do not forget to say “please” if you want someone to get something for you and say “thank you” when someone gives you it. I even have a brother that sometimes uses bad manners but he will eventually improve.

Now that you know that you have to use good manners. You also know some of the things you gave to do in order to have good manners. Start using good manners. I know want you to remember that anyone can improve if they just try.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 185

Good Listening Skills

An Unassisted Expository Text; planned, written and typed in one Writers Workshop (80 minutes) by RB

Some are good at it but some stink. Such as G…. and M…… Well the topic can help so much that you might not believe! Do you know what lm talking about? Listening skills!

Step 1# Importance

Listening skills help a lot the teacher (or whoever) and you. Why? Because you don’t have to repeat yourself or whoever is talking. While you’re at school its helfull in getting better grades as well as passing tests.

This makes you a better person because good people good people don’t just go around interrupting whenever. They wait untill the speaker stops talking. Plus, Don’t you think its anoying when someone interrupts you? Its rude, very rude. I, personally don’t even consider it nice.

Step 2# What helps

Facing whoever is talking helps you stay on task rather than facing a friend. Also if your friend is talking, just ignore him untill you may talk. When its your turn to talk and you say it all. Suddenly you remember something to add but your turn passed. Then just wait untill its your turn again.

When you arrive home, something that helps is to start a CONVERSATION not an argument. Then every time its your turn to talk, say it. If you miss something just say it on your next turn. That over time helps.

Step 3# Usefullness

Listening skills are very usefull especially during school because it will help you in not staying in for recess. Do you think its actually worth it? Well if you do, then just think again because it’s a really easy thing to do. Give it a try, you might as well agree with me!

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 254

Why Good Eating Habits are Important for Children

Why do we have to eat what mom puts on our plate? Why can’t we just take a bite or two and leave? Well, your body needs it so you can have super powers! Kidding! But you need it for your health.

Health:

You need food for energy and strength, if your body doesn’t get enough food you’ll faint! When you are skinny that’s fine but you shouldn’t be too skinny that’s bad for your health. Also when you don’t eat you get hungry and need food, eat when you’ve got the chance.

Energy:

Once you eat food it turns into energy. If you’re playing a sport and you feel tired and dizzy it’s because you didn’t eat. You know when you have a cramp, it’s probably because you didn’t drink water, and when you eat bananas its good for cramps. Your brain needs the food to function, it needs energy.

Amount:

When you’re eating, you shouldn’t take so much food, take some, finish it then add more. Don’t take to little either, eat a good portion of food. There’s a expression for that it’s called “eyes before stomach” it means don’t take too much food or you’ll be full before you know it.

So if you follow these tips, you’ll be a healthy, good sized child. And eat the things your mom puts on your plate!

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Reforestation in Lebanon

People should plant trees in Lebanon because trees give us lots of things like paper, pecils, wood and they help the environment.

Trees give us oxygen and if trees were not there all that we would breathe would be carbon dioxide and nitrogen. Without oxygen we would also die.

Trees also give us food like fruits which are healthy and they give you vitamins that help your body work. You can also get diseases if you don’t eat fruit.

Trees are also important because they give us wood which gives us paper so that we can read write and learn. Wood also helps us make houses, boats, chairs and many more things.

This is why I think that we should plant trees in Lebanon because they are

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 364

Mrs. Branch is a one of a kind principle. Have never seen her mad or yelling at anyone. She is very respectful and calm and peaceful.

She makes learning fun. By organizing assemblies and circles and marches and much more fun.

I woke up one morning and I had to get ready for my first day of elementary school. I was so excited!! My dad took my sister and I to school. When I climbed out of the car, I saw my new principle Mrs. Branch outside greeting whoever passed by. She was tall had short hair and looked about 20.”What if she turned out to be mean? What if she yelled at me for not wearing a PE uniform like the rest started to wonder.

But when I came past her she smiled at me and said:”good morning!!”

“Good morning” I replied.

“Whew!”I thought

She was actually really nice!

Sadly, she is leaving ACS .how will school be like without her? Will she change her mind and stay??

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 107

Lebanon has some trees but not many. There are many that cut trees and never plant them back. This is not good. Not only for the environment but for themselves too!

Imagine the world without trees! Think of the weather!!!How hot it will be! No trees to give you shade! You would have to stay at home all summer long with the AC on.

How will children play?? No more woods that’s for sure. Parks without trees is boring. Nothing to climb anywhere anymore!!! And the animals will all be extinct!!!Chocolate is a plant in case you don’t know. No plants=no chocolate and no food=to death=http://All farmers need soil. The roots of a tree stops fertile soil from going into a river!!!How will you get crops=http://

The world would be an awful place to live in with no trees. So please don’t cut trees plant them instead!!!!It’s for your own good. This advice is not only for Lebanon but also for every other country in the earth!!

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 157

Good eating habits are important for children. Why do we have to eat the food our parents give us? You ask. These are the reasons why you should have a good eating habit.

When you eat too much or too little food you could be unhealthy. You could lose weight or get skinnier. You could also gain too much weight and get really fat. If you don’t eat you could get really unhealthy.

You can’t concentrate when you’re studying. When you get to school you get tired. You have to eat breakfast everyday (it’s healthy). You can’t refresh your mind because you yawn and get sleepy.

You eat to get energy. You get dizzy. In activities or in anything, you don’t have energy to do so, you’re not energetic. When you eat every single meal you could concentrate on your work and get good grades.

I hope these reasons have helped you and have helped you in school.

Why do you even need to listen? Why would you? That’s what ears are for…right! I hope these reasons can tell you why!

You should listen can do awesome on your work, like for instance tests, games, and to learn new things. If you don’t know division you should listen to learn how!

So you know what you are doing like what homework you have or your computer assignments (if you have) and also last but not least Class Work=http://! Do you even know what you are doing?

To pass major tests for your school year, for your semester and for life!! Like collage and to make your parents happy!

I hope these reasons help you understand why listening is so important so good luck at school!        

Article posted April 1, 2011 at 11:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

Why Listening Skills Come in Handy

The listening skills of people are at hand. People have to realize why listening skills are so important. I think in my opinion it matters because of later on in life. I can tell you where it mostly helps and why it matters so much.

When you drive or start learning how to drive you have to listen to the person who is teaching you or else one day you’ll get in a car crash. Also you have to know how to read or else you will lose your way on the road because you can’t read signs.

Sometimes you also want to enter in a contest when you have to know the rules. When you get accepted in the competition you have to hear and listen for the instructions. When you don’t listen to the instructions you won’t know what to do and you’ll get into lots of trouble because you will be cheating without even knowing that you did cheat.

In some schools you learn different languages like Spanish or French. One day when you ever visit one of those countries and you didn’t listen on how to speak it, too bad because you won’t be able to talk to anyone there accept your family. The reason of listening at or anywhere will always come to you later on in life and you will realize why it is so important.

The only reason school was made was for children to learn. School might seem boring but at the same time really helpful. When you get kids you’re going to end up saying to them that school is helpful like in work or anywhere, school learning helps you to become a better person. Now you should realize that you have to start listening in school.

Article posted April 1, 2011 at 11:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

People get so far because they… They get good grades because they… You can get away with trouble because you… So what am I talking about? Listening. So why are listening skills so important?

If you listen you can get really far. It all begins in school. If you don’t listen you don’t understand whatever topic they are talking about. Most of all you fail exams because when you were supposed to listen you where probably talking.

When you listen you understand so much more! Let’s say you have homework and the teacher explained at school but you weren’t listening. When you get home, how are going to do your homework? Another example: You are reading a book and you don’t understand a word so you ask the teacher. While the teacher is explaining, you are talking! And when the teacher is done explaining you don’t know what the word means.

Well, my last reason is… You need good grades to get a good job later on in life. Let’s say you’re math teacher in high school is giving you a lecture a lecture about math for the IB exam and while he is lecturing, your texting with your girlfriend that is on the other side of the room (uncool). Then on the test you don’t know the answers for half the questions. Let’s say you are a business man and you are in a meeting. When the meeting is done, you don’t know what to do.

So I’m telling you from now… If you don’t listen, you will get nowhere in life.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69

Why it is Important to Listen

An Unassisted Expository Text; planned, written and typed in one Writers Workshop (80 minutes)

People who listen often do better in school. Also if you have a test you have to listen to get a good score. If you get a good score you will get a good grade. If you listen you will do good in school and your parents will get you a game.

Test

If you listen in class you will get a good score on a test. Also if you listen you will get a good score on a test or a quiz that you did not study for or not know about. You will get a good score just by listening to your teacher explaning. If you get a good score it means that you will get a good grade.

Facts

There are many facts that children who listen get a good score on there work or on a test. Children who listen do better in school as well. When you listen you don’t have to go and ask what you have to do. Your teacher will have a better time and so will you if you listen.

It helps

When you listen you will remember things when you are older. Also if you listen you will finish your work faster and better so you do not have to stay in for recess to do it again. Also you will be able to answer any question any one asks you. You can also be the best in the class maybe grade.

People who listen in class will be better students. Also you can be the best if you listen. You can answer any question on the subject. You will be ready for a test. Your parents will give a gift when you listen and do well in school.