Copyright (c) 2014 by AA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AA -- Blogmeister

5A

by AA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Title: 5A - Ramlieh Reflection (01/15/11)
Description: 5A and 5B spent Monday and Tuesday (Jan 10 and 11) in Ramlieh. Grade 5A has been asked to write a Ramlieh reflection.

Article posted January 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 302

A couple of months my class and three grade 5 class went on a camping trip to Ramlieh. I was so exited to go on this camping trip because my mom went there last year.

She told me that we will do a lot of activities. When we got there we went on a hike in the cedars their was not that much snow but inuf to buld a snow man. When we were done on the hike we had a snack. We went to the lodge we chose our rooms put our bags in them and had some free time. Later that day we had lunch. That night we went on a walk. The second we did something very cool but scary. when lunch was done we went back to Beirut.

Article posted January 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 70

WOW! It was great! Fresh air, some snow, and the food was good! When we first got there I knew it would be great. Even though I had a headache from the bus, it went away as soon as I got off. We went for a walk, and drank hot chocolate (a-m-a-z-i-n-g amazing!). We did lots of fun activities. We did sky lining and learned about how earth was made, we got to carry cute little birds, and there was a cute donkey and we got to pet him! (I feed him bread.)

At night we went for a little walk and gazed at the stars and saw Oh-Ryan's (Orion's - teacher correction) belt (and the moon looked like a toenail!). It was sad at dinner 'cuz Mr Andre forgot our table and left us starved until half-an-hour later. Best of all, the rooms were fantastic! So cute, it's like a little hut. Warm and cozy! I hope one day you'll vist Ramlieh though you won't stay in the same house, it's still B-E-AUTIFUL!

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

I loved going to Ramlieh in Lebanon, it's just amazing. There are so many things that you can do there!

Like, zip lining or a whole course where there are rope climbing or walking across logs and tiny little planks of wood!

The food there was amazing there spaghetti so good also there chicken!It was the best field trip I ever went on!

Now you can see that it was the best thing ever I'm also soooooo happy that I went there, I hope that they will take us there again!

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 68

Ramlieh was really fun but it was freezing when we got there. I loved the course that we went on where you have to attach yourself to a rope and then walk on another rope, then you walk on logs and I was about to fall! then there was the zipline and it was awesome and i think i really stuck the landing.

Know honestly this was one of the best trips I have ever been to! You may wonder where and why I went there well I’ll gladly tell you…..

It was a nice Monday morning when I was packing and getting ready to go to Ramlieh and sleep there for a night. I was asked to pack a list of stuff which I did and I was also asked to wear a ski suit because before we were going to the resort in Ramlieh we were going to the Cedars and in the Cedars there was snow!!! But sadly not a lot, although we were able to build a snowman which I really enjoyed. Anyway after we had a bit of a snow hike we got some hot chocolate!! It was really hot so we had to be careful not to burn our tongues. And there was also a little treat to go along with the hot chocolate, it was like a chocolate cake and the wrapper was the pass to the bus!! So after the treat we went back to the bus and went to kind of a resort called AFDC. When we got there I just couldn’t believe my eyes when I got in.

It’s one of the most beautiful resorts you will ever go to! When I went inside I thought I was dreaming! Ok well it wasn’t that big of a thing, the entrance looked like a wooden house with a fireplace but I didn’t tell you about anything yet this is just the beginning.

Wait till you hear about the rooms! The main part about that living room is that it has something that I’m pretty sure almost everyone in the world loves…..a TV!!! Let’s move on and talk about the rooms. When I found out I was sharing a room with my best friend I couldn’t get more excited. The nice thing I liked was that we get to pick our own rooms! I picked room 31 best room ever (well the one I liked the most was 31 but who cares!) So anyway when I opened up the room……it was so amazing I have no words to describe it...ok maybe it was small but this isn’t a hotel remember! The coolest part I loved about the room which other resorts don’t have in the rooms (ok maybe some) were the bathrooms! I liked the fact that there were bathrooms in the rooms because ever since I went to a trip with the school I haven’t been to any place where there is a bathroom in the room! The room fit two people but there was only one room that could fit 3 or 4 people but we were only 2 people so we didn’t take the big room. Our room was like any other regular room. A closet and bed (in this case 2 beds) and well a place to put all the stuff you need! When we organized our room, we changed our clothes and went downstairs to have some activities.

After we had the activities it was time for lunch! Lunch there is like having lunch in a 5 star hotel!! The food was AMAZING! If everyone loved it I’m pretty sure you will too! I got to sit next to my friends and we talked and waited till they called on our table. A funny thing happened, since we were like the corner table the teacher called on every table except for OURS!! So my friend went up to him and told him that we still didn’t get served! We all laughed and the teacher was like “OH MY GOD I FORGOT YOU!!” And it also happened the next day!:P

One activity that was the scariest but also the most awesome activity ever was the rope course. Why you may ask well because you had to put on a suit with some chains and climb up the ladder when you get up you wait until the man tells you to go. The first course was a bit hard because you had to balance on one rope while holding on to get to the other side. (but don’t worry if you fall there are like chains holding you) When you get to the other side you wait until the man tells you to go. The second course was easy because it was like a normal bridge! When I got to the other side I waited and then went on the third course which I really didn’t like because you had to balance on two ropes and halfway through you have to put your feet on a log and continue till the end.

And finally the best part was the last course why well because you had to slide down the zip line!!! It was soooooo fun. You hold on to the rope and it will go down!!It’s the best experience I ever had!! So if you ever want to go somewhere for vacation I’m telling you from know AFDC Ramlieh is the place you want to go to!

My class and I went on a trip to Ramlieh where we stayed at AMFCL Eco lodge for one night. We had a lot of fun there. We did a rope course and we went hiking once in the day and once at night. I brought a pack of cards and whenever we had free time, we played Kent. The rooms were so nice and cozy. And the beds were so comfortable :).

Games

We played a lot of fun games. For example Mr. Andre gave us a piece of clay and we had to make a village out of them.

We had a lot of fun and we did a lot. I really hope we do the trip again.

Did you know that this trip was the best trip ever?! I went to Ramlieh and had the best time ever.

It was a nice Monday morning (every Monday is terrible to me). I got dressed in my ski suit. My mom called me “Honey, it’s time to go to school. Oh, and I got your trunk”

“Okay mom” I replied. Then of we went to school.

When I got on the bus with my friends I was very nervous. I kept on talking with my friends about Ramlieh. When we finally arrived (or I thought so) we hiked up the mountain. I got muddy and tired, and then we had to go down the hill!!!! We got into the bus and went up the hill. We were complaining. When went in the lodge I looked at the room it had two bedrooms, two closets that were stuck together with a bathroom with a window. I unpacked some of my stuff and talked with my roommate, Alya. I went to the room next door and learned about Plate Tectonics and compasses (we even made our own compasses). Then Miss Rishani called us, “Girls, it’s time to eat lunch” and we went downstairs.

Sometime after we ate dinner and went to a night hike. We looked at the Orion’s Belt and the moon with some fresh air. We went to sleep.

In the morning I heard some voices so I woke up Alya and got dressed. We had some breakfast and played games. We did Archery, mine hit the side so the balloon died slowly (just kidding). Then I went to the zip line. It was so scary I thought I was going to die=http://!!!

Finally we went in the bus and went home: D

Article posted January 18, 2011 at 10:36 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 87

This is my reflection on the Ramlieh trip. I really liked it. I loved the food. I suggest to that you go on the trip. We went on a hike in the morning and at night. If you go you will learn how to make a compass and a lot of cool things like about a bird that can make any voice that it hears, like a car alarm, and a drill.

You get to touch birds and learn about them. You also get to do a rope course. You get to do archery and pop balloons.

But the bad thing was on the rope course was a little bit slow. For example, the zip line was really slow. It also hurts when you stop.

Ramlieh was a fun trip I honestly think it was great that the school had organized the field trip. The fun nest part of the trip was going on the obstacles above us. It was scary in some parts like walking on the logs, and balancing on one rope but with rope strapped around us it didn’t feel that it was that risky. I also liked the 2 hikes that we took and when we rubbed so much face paint that came of some random rocks that the teachers found while we were going uphill in the middle of the hike. We started rubbing our faces with so much of the colors that came of the rocks and when we were going back I noticed that the mountains looked liked a perfect picture. After we came back and ate and changed and played cards in the lobby we were all ready for the night hike which was very nice looking at the stars and not seeing who was who and what was what and then I put the stars into different shapes in my head while we stopped to look at them. It was a fun trip and I am looking forward to going there again.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 129

One day the teacher announced that we are going to Ramlieh tomorrow and sleep there.The first thing I did was that I went to buy clothes for Ramlieh and a bag. We needed two hours to arrive. When we arrived they talleed what to do and in what room are we sleeping. The first thing we did was to unpack and then we go down and eat. After we Ate we had free time and then we did camp at night,not all the people went but I did. WE had so much fun. We did a trust game, we needed to do blind hike and trust the person in front of us. There were also so other things we did. the trip was so nice.