Conditions of Use
Seven Random Facts about Lebanon
1. The Arabic name for Lebanon is Lubnan which means white-the color of the Lebanese snow-covered mountain.
2. Byblos, which is a city in Lebanon, is one of the world’s oldest cities, has been inhabited since Neolithic times.
3. Lebanon was part of the Ottoman Empire for four hundred years.
4. The biggest city in Lebanon is Beirut.
5. As of July 2007 the population of Lebanon was 3,925,502 people.
6. These days the Jeita Grotto is being voted upon to be one of the 7 wonders of the world.
7. The area of Lebanon is 10,452 Sq. Km.
Article posted October 27, 2008 at 02:40 AM •
comment • Reads 391
see all articles