Copyright (c) 2014 by Pierre Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Pierre -- Blogmeister

Pierre's Awesome Blog-

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

by Pierre teacher: Daina Seymour

I chose Wesley Savill as my athlete. He participates in Nordic Combined. He speaks English. He was born in Calgary and still lives there. He was born on August 22, 1989. He trained at Canada Olympic Park. He's in the Altius Nordic Ski Club. The events he participates in are the Individual Normal Hill and Individual Large Hill. He came in 17th at the Junior World Championships. Wesley Savill finished 32nd and 37th in his first World Championships in 2009. He came in 43rd in the Individual Gunderson and 50th in the Individual Mass Start in the 2009 World Ski Championships. During 2008-2009, Wesley Savill was in the top 15 in Park City, Utah. He had 4 seasons of international competition. He uses Rossignol skis and Win Air bindings. Some other sports he plays are: biking, golf, and hockey. That's my report on Wesley Savill.

Nordic Combined is a winer sport where athletes participate in cross-country skiing and ski jumping. Nordic Combined is played on snow.

There are four athletes on a team. Athletes can also choose to go in the individual race. The indivual race has been held in the olympics since 1929. The team event was added in 1988.

There used to only be three players on each team until 1998. Then, they added a fourth player. Each athlete gets to jump off the jumping hill and then participate in the cross-country race. The race is 6.2 miles long. It is about half an hour to and hour betwen the to events.

For each event you participate in you recive points. For Ski jumping you recive points for your distance and style. The time that you recive in the cross-counrty race is converted into points. When you ski jump you can get a maxium of 60 style points. The team/athelte who gets the most points at the end wins.

You use boots,bindings,a connection cord, a ski jumping suit, a helmet, and jumping skis for ski jumping. For the cross-country skiing you use a helmet, bindins, boots, poles, skis, a skiing suit, and wax for your skis.

The country that have won the most medals in the past are Japan, West Germany, Norway, Finland, and Austria. Canada and the United States have never won a medal in Nordic combined.

The first athelte to win a gold medal while participating in Nordic Combined was Thorleif Haug from Norway in 1924.

Article posted December 15, 2009 at 04:03 PM GMT0 • comment (13) • Reads 213

Wordle: Pierre

Article posted December 8, 2009 at 04:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 43

I want the Nike Zoom for Christmas. It is a kind of shoe. I want them because they look really cool. Also, I need a new pair of shoes because my new ones are a bit to big. My friend has recommended the Nike Zoom to me.

For Christmas I also want an Ed Hardy laptop case. I saw it in a store and it's realy nice. I have a laptop, but no case for it. The same friend who reccomended the Nike Zoom to me also recommended Ed hardy.

I want an itunes gift card because I hardly have any money on my account. I have an ipod touch, but no songs. So, I want some. I also want more movies and apps.

I also want a psp for christmas. I have played them before and they are really fun. A lot of the games are really fun. I have wanted one for a long time. Other people have said that psp's are really fun.

Another thing I want for Christmas is a really nice Element sweater. My same friend has recommended that to me as well. I don't have any Element clothes, but I have seen them before and they are really nice. Other people have said that they are nice to.

That's what I want for Christmas!

Article posted December 8, 2009 at 04:01 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 45