Copyright (c) 2014 by KW Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KW -- Blogmeister

-

by KW teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)
Best New Year Ever 01/04/11
french 02/19/09
My Goals 11/20/08
I Am a Wlld One 10/17/08

Grade 3A students would like to share the information that was provided by the New York Zoos and Aquarium website about their “wild self” animal characteristics. Each child designed his/her wild self and has taken that name as their Class Blogmeister user name. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Molo1

Peacock crest - Both males (peacocks) and females (peahens) have a crest of feathers on top of their heads. Next time you are at the zoo, be sure to try and find these roaming residents.

Polar bear ears -It gets cold in the Arctic (down to 35°F below). For warmth, your polar bear ears are small and covered in fur—even on the inside. When diving, the ears close to keep cold water out.

Crab eye stalks - Your crab eye stalks allow you to see things above and below you at the same time. Although that extra vision comes at a price—less detail.

Red Ruffed Lemur Arms - Your name comes from the rusty red color of your woolly body fur. It's so soft that females use it to pad nests for their young.

Orb Spider Legs - Your spider legs are master weavers. They can help you spin strong webs of golden-colored silk. Some of your webs can get as big as six feet across, or more.

Monarch butterfly wings - Your monarch butterfly wings can beat five times per second. Can you flap your arms five times in one second?

Norway rat tail - The tail of a Norway rat will grow to be the same length as its body. How tall are you? That's how long your tail will be.

Article posted October 17, 2008 at 04:46 AM • comment (7) • Reads 45 • see all articles