Copyright (c) 2014 by KW Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KW -- Blogmeister

-

by KW teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)
Best New Year Ever 01/04/11
french 02/19/09
My Goals 11/20/08
I Am a Wlld One 10/17/08

I Am a Wlld One
Grade 3A students would like to share the information that was provided by the New York Zoos and Aquarium website about their “wild self” animal characteristics. Each child designed his/her wild self and has taken that name as their Class Blogmeister user name. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Molo1

Peacock crest - Both males (peacocks) and females (peahens) have a crest of feathers on top of their heads. Next time you are at the zoo, be sure to try and find these roaming residents.

Polar bear ears -It gets cold in the Arctic (down to 35°F below). For warmth, your polar bear ears are small and covered in fur—even on the inside. When diving, the ears close to keep cold water out.

Crab eye stalks - Your crab eye stalks allow you to see things above and below you at the same time. Although that extra vision comes at a price—less detail.

Red Ruffed Lemur Arms - Your name comes from the rusty red color of your woolly body fur. It's so soft that females use it to pad nests for their young.

Orb Spider Legs - Your spider legs are master weavers. They can help you spin strong webs of golden-colored silk. Some of your webs can get as big as six feet across, or more.

Monarch butterfly wings - Your monarch butterfly wings can beat five times per second. Can you flap your arms five times in one second?

Norway rat tail - The tail of a Norway rat will grow to be the same length as its body. How tall are you? That's how long your tail will be.

Article posted October 17, 2008 at 04:46 AM • comment (7) • Reads 32 • see all articles