Copyright (c) 2014 by CS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
CS -- Blogmeister

Wild One-

by CS teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Title: 5C - Recess (02/28/11)
Description: Please write an entry reflecting on recess time.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 214

I have fun in recess playing football and basketball but the only problem is lining up because we always come last but I hope that we can fix that and that recess will be fun!

Article posted March 8, 2011 at 07:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

DO                                          Recess

Recess is fun but lining up is a problem, we line up quietly and in single file but when we are leaving we always leave last only when specific teacher is on duty. I think if we go back to the other rules we will get to class on time.  

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 08:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 90

Recess

Recess is very fun and I always play soccer and have a lot of fun. But when it comes to lining up all the rules are getting mixed up and there will be people lining up in the basketball court and people are lining up in front of the entrance to the roof and the kids are disagreeing with the teachers and the teachers are disagreeing with the kids so we are going to class 5 to 7 minutes late and for some reason my class is coming the last out of all the classes. I think that we should start on lining up all in the same place.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69

Recess is very bad and all the times we are going last even if we are the quietest ones. It happens with some teachers and we try to tell them what’s happening and sometime a teacher tells us something and another teacher tells us something else like  lining up, and sometimes we are so quiet and they take us last only because in order like, 5A, 5B, 5C, and 5D.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

Reflection on Recess

Every time I go to recess, I dread going back to class.  Most kids would say that, because they would like to have more fun playing.  I dread it because of the wait in line, and that our class is always the last to go eat or have another period of study.  The rules in our school are:  The whistle blows the first time, we freeze.  The second time it blows, we put back the equipment and stand in line quietly in front of the door.  Somehow the rules have changed this year and we were told to follow the old ones.  We followed them, but the reason it takes so long to come back to class is that one teacher wants us to do it a different way.  Sometimes we are stubborn and insist on doing it the way we were told, but three quarters of the class get worried about the consequences and follow the way the teacher on duty tells us to do it.  Another reason that we are late is that we stop every three seconds on the way to class and some people from 5D are talking and no one stops them. We stop the line and wait until they stop talking, but they never do.  I hope we can find a way to stop this nugatory tardiness and arrive at the same time as 5A and 5B.

Article posted March 8, 2011 at 07:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 90

Sasha Abou Rafeh

I love recess, it’s my favorite thing in school, but when we start lining up, people never be quiet like 5A and 5B, are always talking loud, and 5C are not, and still some teachers let 5A and 5B go before us, I think the louder we are some teachers will let us go first, and I hope people can do something about this!

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 08:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

I think recess has been a little confusing because since the beginning of the year we have been scattered around the roof.  Some teachers complain about the way were not putting things back at the right moment but the biggest thing we discuss is who goes first.

It’s not fair that the nosiest class gets to go first and fallowing the alphabetical order is not helping. So we now decided that the quietist class goes first witch makes this interesting, because we don’t have to be so late any more.

And the classes that always yell and play arrowed have to get used to this.            

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 05:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

I am a fifth grader and I want to explain how it is up at the roof.

First of all, the fifth grade building is really far from the roof, so on our way many people are bunching up and not talking or whispering, but almost shouting. When we are right next to the door, we get stopped and sometimes were 10 minutes late! When we enter, some people want to play soccer straight away, and some people are just fooling around playing soccer with basketballs. And when we play, it’s mostly cheating and fouling.  At the end of recess we are supposed to line up in front of the door. A teacher that always comes for recess duty for 5th grade lets 5A and 5B go first. Followed by us, 5C and 5D. The thing that bothers me is that 5A and 5B are bunched up, talking, and playing. AND THEY GO FIRST!!! We, class 5C are the quietest class and just because we are a class “C” we go before last; it is all not fair. Even 5A admit that 5C deserves to, MOST of the time; not all, be first, or at least before first. And we have to wait at the top of the stairs even though it’s not us talking; it’s either 3rd grade or the class behind us. Let’s just go back to last month, February’s virtue of fairness. It is mostly unfair up at the roof.

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 08:05 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

5C is always last to go down from recess, because there is a teacher that sends the fifth grade class by alphabetical order but I don’t think that’s a good idea even if the other classes are talking and playing.  And we are only having 10 minutes of snack. The other classes are going to snack alone and we have to go down with the teacher and we have to stop every meter for 2 minutes even if we are not talking. I think the teacher should send us by which class is quietest.      

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 08:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

I have a lot of fun at recess but when it comes to lining up I forget all the fun I had. I like playing basketball and volleyball. It’s a great place to hang out with friends in different classes. I hope they will find a solution for the lining up problem.

Article posted March 8, 2011 at 07:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 113

Recess

I think recess is very fun but when I play soccer and the teachers don’t pay attention to what is going on 5B think they’re the best so they say 5B vs. all and that’s unfair. On the soccer field people with 4 square balls come in and start throwing them at each other in the middle of the game, there are also people in groups that come in the soccer field and talk and sometimes randomly interfere in the game.                          

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

Recess is a time to play and have fun with your friends. It’s not a time for arguing about soccer or gossiping with people. In recess I see and overhear people gossiping about who likes who and I also see people bullying each other but that is very rare to see. But every recess in soccer there’s always a fight or argument about whose on whose team or people are calling each other bad names but most of the bullying is in soccer. At the end of recess we always have a problem on where to line up. Sometimes we line up in the basketball court or sometimes we line up in front of the entrance. The biggest problem is 5A and 5B always talk and they go first but my class, 5C always stays quiet we whisper but we stay quiet and we always leave last. I think that’s unfair because we stay quiet and they don’t but they still go first. I suggest that the quietest class should go first we shouldn’t send the classes by class order.

A lot of us love going to recess, but there's something that doesn't make it as fun as it usually is.

Most of the problems happen during line up time. Especially in our class, even if it's not our fault!

5C (our class) is always late, whether its going down to class, or to lunch. As much as we talk, we're usually quiet when it comes to lining up. Even though we behave like that, we're still picked last accompanying 5D. Probably because we're 5 "C". To me that's pretty unfair. We're also told to stop at the bottom of every stair case, and there are about 7 stair cases, not counting the ones to the BD building. At each stop, we'd wait for about 1 to 3 minutes. The system of the current and only homeroom teacher that takes duty is unfairly causing the delay in our schedules.

I hope the system will be more flexible and we'll enjoy our recess even more, and come back to class ready to learn!

Article posted March 8, 2011 at 07:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

JH~Recess

I enjoy recess a lot. I play soccer usually and occasionally basket ball. Recess is fun for everyone I know, but when it comes to lining up everyone in 5C hates it, including me. The teacher who is always on duty lets 5A and 5B go if they are quiet or not. They go first and then she makes us 5 to 7 minutes late. So, I hope someone can fix this problem.

During recess we are having problems because some teachers don't know the new rules that Mrs. Branch made. 5C my class always goes last with 5D because of the ABC order. I think that the line that is most quiet and ready should go first regardless of the ABC order.I personally think this will work.