Copyright (c) 2014 by MS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MS -- Blogmeister

Cool

5A

by MS

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Heart Dissection 04/01/11
My Most Honest Moment 03/28/11
I am From 03/28/11
Smelly 03/28/11
Trees 03/28/11
Muddy Shoes 03/28/11
Cent Mots 03/15/11
1st Expository Text 02/17/11
Ramlieh 01/18/11
Number Line 11/30/10
French Voki 11/03/10
My Reading Log Wordle 11/02/10
Typing 12/07/09
French Blog 02/19/09
My Goals 11/12/08
I'm a Wild One! 10/16/08

Article posted April 1, 2011 at 12:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 712

Have you ever dissected the heart before? I have and it’s very cool. A couple of days ago our class dissected the heart and lungs in our classroom. We are learning about the circulatory system, and the heart is part of it.

We placed a plastic cover on the table we were going to dissect the heart on, and then the dissection started. Ms Salem, who demonstrated the dissection to the student got a heart and from lungs from a sheep. Then she blew into the trachea, and the lungs inflated a little not a lot, because there was a puncture in the trachea, so the air leaked out. Then came the interesting part Ms Salem cut through the fatty tissue and out slid the heart it was the coolest thing ever. The heart was light red and dry. Ms Salem let us stick our finger in the aorta. The aorta is the biggest vessel in the body. She then cut the heart and we saw the inside chambers, and strings that are in the heart called cordetas. They are very hard and make a guitar sound if you play them with your nails. Ms Salem sliced the lungs in half the inside of the lungs was so cool.

Other people thought that it was disgusting and it smelled bad, but I thought it was normal. Other people thought it was very cool.

I really enjoyed the dissection. It was very cool and I can’t wait till we dissect the brain. I will not become a doctor however because I don’t learning about the body.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 311

I was playing with my sister a fight with pillows in the living room where my mom has her marble sculptures.

My sister through a pillow on me then I thrugh a pillow on her and knocked down the marble sculptures. My mom came in and asked “who knocked down the sculpture?” At first I blamed it on my sister, but then I told her it was I who had knocked it down. My mom cleaned up the mess of the marble sculpture and left. We continued the fight again and started throwing pillows at each other I shot one on my sister it bounced off her and knocked down another marble structure. My mom came in and I told that I made it fall. My mom cleaned up the mess and left. 

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 311

I am from skiing, from ice cold snow from water that always enters my shoe.

I am from a grandma that cooks yummy food, from homemade kaak and tall trees from falling pine cones and from gooey moss that I slip on.

I am from, losing a tooth while eating a carrot, from a mountain house that is made out of stone from the smell the stone makes when it’s raining.

I am from Scholastic that always has the best books ever, from honking cars that are annoying, from bad smelling chicken pooh in the parking.

I am from my sisters shouting “STOP PLAYING WITH MY STUFF” to the “STOP PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK”.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

Smelly

Inspired by William Carlos Williams

So much depends

Upon

The worst smell

Ever

Coming out of

a

Rotting smelly brown

Potato

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Trees

Inspired by William Carlos Williams

So much depends

Upon

A tall slippery

Tree

With me climbing

Up

And then falling

down

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 264

Muddy Shoes

Inspired by William Carlos Williams

So much depends

Upon

Two heavy muddy

Shoes

Smudging all the

Floor

With disgusting gooey

Mud

Article posted March 15, 2011 at 07:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 79

Article posted February 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 547

Mesas: A Giant’s Table

I’ve only seen them in books and on the internet but they are very popular as scenery of cowboy movies because this type of landform does not exist in Lebanon. Mesas have steep drops and flat tops. The most famous ones are in the south west of the United States. They are rare to find.

Formation

How are mesas formed? They are formed by weathering and erosion of horizontally layered rocks that have been uplifted by tectonic activity. Erosion means the transportation of sediments and weathering means the breakdown of rocks. Different types of rock to resist weathering and erosion at different rate. The weaker kind of rocks erodes faster, leaving the more resistant kind of rocks standing. This is called differential erosion. The hard rock’s erode slower than soft rock. Lava flows and sill often form the top or caprock of a mesa, and these are very hard rocks. The less resistant rock layers are mainly made up of softer rock that weathers and erodes more easily. Mesas are only formed by wind erosion acts like sand sandpaper it is the sand that gets carried away in the wind.

Where are they found?

Mesas are found in dry rocky deserts, because they need strong wind and sand. They need sand because the wind carries the sand and the sand erodes the rock.

What are they used for:

Mesas are used as a back drop in cowboy movies. They thought cowboys lived around them. They also use them for rock climbing. Climbers like to climb them because they are steep and when they reach the top there is a nice view.

What lives on a mesa?

One organism associated with mesa is a Road Runner. Road Runners live in deserts. There is a cartoon about a road that runs around in deserts and sets traps on mesas. 

I think mesas will get smaller and smaller and smaller by erosion until it is gone and new ones will get formed.

Article posted January 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 267

A couple of months my class and three grade 5 class went on a camping trip to Ramlieh. I was so exited to go on this camping trip because my mom went there last year.

She told me that we will do a lot of activities. When we got there we went on a hike in the cedars their was not that much snow but inuf to buld a snow man. When we were done on the hike we had a snack. We went to the lodge we chose our rooms put our bags in them and had some free time. Later that day we had lunch. That night we went on a walk. The second we did something very cool but scary. when lunch was done we went back to Beirut.

Maurice

This is a number line we had to make for our teacher to solve.