Copyright (c) 2014 by AR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AR -- Blogmeister

5C

by AR

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Article posted March 15, 2011 at 09:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 158

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

Ermines:

So much depends upon

A suspicious ermine

Poking its head

Out of the white, clean snow

Clothes:

So much depends upon

An underwear

Covering everything under

My pants heating my body

Electronics:

So much depends upon

Up to date electronics

In the 21st century

Making us have fun all the time

Soldier:

So much depends upon

A strong solider

Strong and ready to fight

For their people and countries

Cars:

So much depends upon

A strong heavy car

Waiting in the parking

To drive u where ever u want

Article posted March 3, 2011 at 07:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 71

Recess is very bad and all the times we are going last even if we are the quietest ones. It happens with some teachers and we try to tell them what’s happening and sometime a teacher tells us something and another teacher tells us something else like  lining up, and sometimes we are so quiet and they take us last only because in order like, 5A, 5B, 5C, and 5D.

Article posted December 14, 2010 at 07:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 265

·         Left Side: The left atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the left ventricle, causing the Mitral/Bicuspid valve to open. The left ventricle makes a very strong contraction so that the blood can go all over the body, through the aorta.

·         Right Side: The right atrium makes a contraction sending blood to the right ventricle causing the Tricuspid valve to open. The right ventricle makes a contraction sending deoxygenated blood to the lungs through the pulmonary veins, the lungs will exhale the deoxygenated blood would go out of your body.

·         There are 4 chambers in your heart: Left and right atrium and left and right ventricle.

·         Septum: The septum separates these 4 chambers to stop them from leaking.

·         There are 3 kinds of blood vessels: Arteries, veins, and capillaries.

·         Arteries: There are 2 kinds of arteries which are the pulmonary arteries and the aorta.

·         Aorta: The aorta is the biggest artery in your body.

·         Veins: the veins carry the deoxygenated blood.

·         Naughty Blood Vessels: The pulmonary veins and the pulmonary arteries are the naughty blood vessels; they are called naughty blood vessels because they do the opposite.

·         The veins take the blood to the heart and the arteries take it away from the heart.

·         Veins: There is only 1 kind if vein which is the pulmonary veins.

·         Capillaries: There are small holes in the lungs and thin lines that surround the hole which are capillaries.

·         Superior and Inferior Vena Cava: The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava bring the deoxygenated blood from the body to the right atrium. The Inferior and the Superior Vena Cava are tubes, the down part of the tube, are the Inferior Vena Cava and the upper part of the tube, and is the Superior Vena Cava.

·         The Respiratory system is related to the cardiovascular system.

·         If there is too much fat around your heart, it is possible if you might have a heart attack.

·         You should exercise no matter what your size is, because it’s good for your body and for your heart.

·         When you smoke too many, your lungs would turn black, due to the lack of oxygen in your lungs.

·         We had 2 guests visit our class, a cardiologist, whose name was Dr. Antoine Abchee, and a dietitian whose name was Mrs. Jeanette Karam. We learned quite a lot of facts, like, I learned that when you sit down for a long time then you stand up, you feel kind of dizzy, because the blood will drop all the way down to your legs, and it will take time to reach back up to your head.

·         We also learned some facts with the dietitian Mrs. Jeanette Karam, I learned that when you put vegetables in water, the calcium leaches from the vegetable and so it is better to steam it. I also learned that I should eat more fruits and vegetables.

·          I learned that the cardiovascular system is related to the Respiratory system.

·         I learned that the septum is not that strong.

·         I also learned from Dr. Abchee that we can transfer an adult’s heart to a kid’s heart.

·         I also learned that when you transfer a heart from an adult to a kid the heart grows with the kid.

·         I also learned that your heart is as big as your fist.

·         I also learned that animals have more fat around their heart than humans.

Article posted November 11, 2010 at 07:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 130

The Visitors

Once the visitors came I was so excited. I knew we were going to learn something new. So onceMiss Jeanette Karam our dietician we wanted to know someinformation. So we learned that we have to have important food in our meal every day. The foods we are suppose to have every day in our meal is wheat, vegetables and fruits. She also gave us fruits and vegetables to eat at the end and we learned when we put vegetables with water in a pan to heat them, all the iron and the calcium goes from the vegetables. When Dr. Antoine Abchee came also exited and he even got a heart model to pass around and to see the a Aorta and the rooms in the heart. I also learned that the septum in the heart that separates the left chamber from the right is not that fat and big it was just a thin medium sized muscle. I asked the Dr. that is it ok if a grown man drinks alcohol every day after his meal, he said yes but all our lungs willbecome black and we will start coughing and you will recommends exercising. He told us not to smoke because have to go to the ER so they can fix your lungs, and if you smoke again you will possibly die or suffer all your life, but if you stop smoking and you take care of yourself you will survive in a good way. When you smoke your heart even gets tired and when your heart gets tired sometimes your brain gets tired with your heart. The Hubble Bubble is a like a smoker and 30 puffs of this Hubble bubble is like 15 cigarettes. The cigar is evenworse than the cigarettes.

Article posted October 15, 2010 at 08:06 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 63

I Made a Mistake

I went to the movies to watch a show,

I made a mistake…and chopped my toe.

I went to the store to buy a nut

I made a mistake…and bought a hut.

I went to the barber to get a look

I made a mistake…and read a book.

I went to the kitchen to have a noodle

I made a mistake…and bought a poodle.

I went to school to learn some French

I made a mistake…and sat on a bench.

Article posted February 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

Comment tu t’appelles?

Je m’appelle GA $ !!!

Tu as quel âge?

J ‘ AI NEUF

Tu as des frères et des sœurs ?

J’AI UN FRERES

Tu as un animal?

UN TORTIO

Article posted November 3, 2008 at 07:29 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 47

Goal # 1

I want to be a better reader.

Goal # 2

I want to be a better listener in class.

Goal # 3

I need to stop talking when it’s learning time.

Article posted October 17, 2008 at 10:50 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

Grade 3A students would like to share the information that was provided by the New York Zoos and Aquarium website about their “wild self” animal characteristics. Each child designed his/her wild self and has taken that name as their Class Blogmeister user name. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Ga1

Ibex horns - Your Ibex horns can grow up to three feet long. Unlike antlers, which are shed every year, you get to keep your Ibex horns for life.

African wild dog ears - Your African wild dog ears are big so that they can give off heat and keep your body cool. That's good, because where African wild dogs live, it's hot.

Babirusa snout - Your babirusa snout tusks are actually teeth that grow up through your snout and curl back. Imagine brushing those every night!

Siberian tiger paws - It's no fun getting stuck in the snow. That's why your Siberian tiger paws are extra large. They work just like snowshoes and prevent you from sinking.

African lion legs - Your African lion legs are extremely powerful and have long, retractable claws to help you bring down prey. Careful not to poke your eye out with those things!

African lion tail - You have a dark brown tuft of hair on the end of your African lion tail. It helps you communicate. You can use it for lion sign language to talk to other members of your pride.