Copyright (c) 2014 by Maria Anderson and Chera Miller Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Maria Anderson and Chera Miller -- Blogmeister

Classroom Blog-

Henry Janzen Grade 3/4

by Maria Anderson and Chera Miller

Henry Janzen Site
Fun Brain
A+ Math
Math Worksheets
Spelling City
Math Games
Tumble Books
Word Wizard
Keyboarding Skills
Online Flashcards
Raz Kids

Raz Reading

Please click on the Raz Kids link on the left side of this blog. The teacher username is AwesomeJaguars or AmazingJaguars depending on whether your child is in the Awesome or Amazing Group. Once they are on the main page they click on their name. They can listen to stories, record oral reading and take quizzes. They get points that they can use to "buy" items for their Raz Rocket or Robot. They can also visit the Book Room and read at different levels.

Tumble Books

This is another excellent online reading site. The username is rbe and the password is books. Enjoy reading with your child and please check out the other links on our blog.

Article posted August 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM GMT0 • comment • Reads 163

Homework Expectations

As the school year gets going it is important to start developing a homework routine at home. Family time, out of school activities, friends and fun are also important. For this reason, we recommend that your child's homework routine does not exceed half an hour. We would like to see this half hour split into 15 minutes of reading and 15 minutes of counting/addition and subtraction practice.

Reading

Home reading is essential. Each month starting in October your child will be responsible for a book report project. They will bring an approved book home from school. This book is to be read aloud at home with a parent/guardian in order to build fluency, expression and phrasing. It is also important that fluent, expressive reading is modelled to your child. Therefore, your child and you should take turns reading to each other. Please also check for understanding as you read through the book together.

Math

Counting is important to develop number sense and to build towards multiplication and division. Please practice counting by 1's, 2's, 5's and 10's to one hundred and also backwards from one hundred. If your child has these mastered you can start work on counting by 3's to 30 and 4's to 40. For addition and subtraction practice you could use worksheets, flashcards or the internet. One site children really seem to enjoy is arcademicskillbuilders.com.

Jaguars

Welcome to our class blog. Locations of visitors to this page