This road kill project I decided to choose do the size of the animal. During the research I chose to do those thirty inches as my benchmark. This meant that if an animal was below the benchmark I would consider that as a small animal and if it were over the thirty inch benchmark it would be considered large and mark it as large.
During the research it was very much one sided. I realized that most animals that were killed large were usually way over thirty inches except for the beaver. As I said earlier the information was one sided so that most all the large animals were about five in total. Everything else was mostly squirrels and uncommon birds.
There were many things that could of effected the data. It may be where we live to depend on the size of the animals killed. You would have to make the benchmark smaller to have a serious set of data to compare. My data was off track.
Through this whole project I wasn’t aware how many small animals were involved in the road kill. I started to notice doing this variable wasn’t very good. It was mostly putting tallies for the small animals. I wish I redone the information and put the thirty inches down to maybe twenty or twenty five inches.