Copyright (c) 2014 by BRMO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BRMO -- Blogmeister

Past Classes

by BRMO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Seed Folks

My whole school read a book called Seed Folk by Paul Fleischman. It is about a garden in an empty lot in Cleveland that is started by a little Vietnamese girl. The book shows different sides of the story from different views. There are people from all over the world that help to make the garden and it shows how a little community can come together and help. Our school decided to start a school garden and we have all been helping out.

In our language arts class we decided to make two seed packets based off of the book. One seed packet was from the book and one packet was from our experience. We chose one character from the book and made a seed packet about them. I picked Maricela because she was a very interesting person. She is sixteen years old, Mexican, and pregnant. My seed packet for her was “Maricela’s Newborn Chard”. For my other seed packet I based it off of my little brother Lian. The Seed packet is called “Lian’s Plump Pumpkins”. Plump something I call him and he gets mad at me.   Lian wanted to plant pumpkins but he never got to do it

Article posted May 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM • comment • Reads 95 • see all articles