Copyright (c) 2014 by BRMO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
BRMO -- Blogmeister

Past Classes

by BRMO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

My Power Loss
The ice storm this weekend was terrible. I woke up Friday morning and my brother was still at the house. I asked what happened and he said we have no power or school. He points out side and I see the power line had icicles everywhere. We go downstairs and it was freezing. My mom told us to put on sweatshirts and nice clothes. That day we played Monopoly all day and my sister and her boyfriend went and got us food. My dad left work and we told him to get us some hot chocolate. He said he had good and bad news. The good news was he was getting us hot chocolate mix and the bad news was he forgot that we could boil water all day. When my dad got home he made a big fire and that fire ran for 72 hours. My siblings and I all got to sleep by the fire that night. The bad thing was my dad had to wake up every hour and put wood on the fire. One of our family friends had a generator and we rotated it with a few families so we got heat every once in a while. Finally on Sunday morning at about 10:30 we got power back. I immediately took a nice hot shower!

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 08:00 AM • comment • Reads 37 • see all articles