Copyright (c) 2014 by FREM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
FREM -- Blogmeister

F - L 2011-2012

by FREM

teacher: Rye 8th Team

JOE FLOOD

When our science teacher told us to go down stairs to the life skills room we had no idea what to expect but what I didn’t expect was to be amazed for four days about abusing drugs and alcohol.  

Joe Flood didn’t look like the kind of person who used to take drugs and was an ex alcoholic but as we learned later addiction can happen to anybody, especially if you’ve had alcohol before you are an adult, if you have a family history of alcoholism, being at a vulnerable age and if you’re in surroundings with alcoholics.  I guess none of us knew that so we were very surprised when we heard what this man was here to talk to us about but he sure had our attention! Over the four days Joe was here, I had probably learned more than I had learned in a week for a long time. For example did you know that you’re brain has six sections. When you are asleep two of those sections are off. When you are dead all of the lights are turned out. Alcohol slowly turns off more and more of your lights!

At the end of the days I was really sad to see Joe leave, I think everyone was. I have learned so many cool facts from Joe and I wish that everybody could have that same experience, there might be a lot less drug addicts and alcoholics in the world.

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 08:01 AM • comment • Reads 93 • see all articles