Copyright (c) 2014 by SJCU Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SJCU -- Blogmeister

Sjcu

R - Z 2011-2012

by SJCU

teacher: Rye 8th Team

This is my still life and I drew it in art class and i think this view of the still life captures a lot of action. It shows two penguins, a softball, a bucket, and a model sandcastle. There is definately good color in this picture but the color is a little messy because of the materials i used and just classic bad art skills. In this picture a penguin with orange head-hair is behind a softball and another penguin is in a big red bucket and the sandcastle model is in the background. This was a good thing to draw because one, it's easy to draw and two, again, it has very good color.

The materials I used in this project were basically just pastels. They are very messy if you don't use them write and I really wasn't that careful with them so, it was kind of a mess. Every once in a while i would use a paper towel to clean up the excess pastel and that smudged everything. However, before the pastel, I obviously used pencil to just sketch it out. After the pencil I used glue to trace out the pencil lines I had drawn so there was some texture to the picture instead of just the rough and messy pastel. The last thing i did was add color with the pastel and it didn't really come out the way i wanted it to but, hey, it was finished.

Article posted February 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM • comment • Reads 86 • see all articles