Copyright (c) 2014 by SJCU Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SJCU -- Blogmeister

Sjcu

R - Z 2011-2012

by SJCU

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Ice Storm
A freezing cold rain storm hit New Hampshire on the eleventh of December and it seemed like the film “The Day After Tomorrow” . The rain froze on power lines, trees, and roads, causing great damage. Most people didn’t have power for a couple of days because the weight of the ice on the power wires broke the wires down. Schools were shut down and New Hampshire was in a state of emergency. Luckily for the kids it meant that they wouldn’t have to make up the school days they lost in the summer but they weren’t the ones who had to clean It all up. Some people still don’t have power, when they get home from work they just put on jackets and wait it out. Some people were lucky (like me)and they only had a few hours without power. For me I lost it early in the morning Friday (the day after the storm had started) for about ten seconds and lost it again at about six until nine. Trees that had been frozen over had started to fall apart because of the weight and a huge tree in my back yard lost a couple of main branches. Not a lot of people were driving that day and during the night it seemed like the end of the world because everyone had candles out instead of lights in their house and the town was in darkness. Most of the mess has been cleaned up but if this happens again it could be even more devastating.

Article posted December 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM • comment • Reads 37 • see all articles