Copyright (c) 2014 by MJCO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MJCO -- Blogmeister

mjco

M - Q 2011-2012

by MJCO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Article posted June 16, 2009 at 12:11 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 161

Article posted May 22, 2009 at 09:01 AM GMT-5 • comment (2) • Reads 238

As shown in a the graph I made, the most road kill was on Thursday, this proves that my hypothesis was incorrect and that there is not the most road kill on Fridays. I thought it would be on Friday because that’s when there is lots of traffic on the highways and such.

This is what happened…

1.       Thursday

2.       Sunday

3.       Monday

4.       Tuesday

5.       Wednesday & Friday

6.       Saturday

This kind of makes sense because maybe people are getting ready for the weekend or they are getting ready for a vacation of some type which causes them to drive more.

This outcome was not what I expected but it does make a lot of sense. I think that how many road kill on a street could affect me because some might not be found until the next day on that road cause no one is there to see it. Some people could have forgotten to look for road kill which means that the road kill could be from yesterday or 3 days ago so that might have changed the data.

Over the years mostly Sunday and Thursday are the most ones that have to most road kill and I think it is going to stay that way for next year too but It could be anything.

Article posted May 13, 2009 at 10:34 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 43

This is a little image that I made in Art class, we had a freebee on the computer and I did this!

Article posted May 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 205

This is a shoe advertisement that I made in Art class. It is not a real shoe but I did make the shoe out of clay. 

Article posted May 8, 2009 at 09:09 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

Article posted May 8, 2009 at 08:50 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 291

I notice in the graph that a lot of animals were killed in week one. I think it's because people wanted to look for roadkill and then people didn't try as hard later. I don't know why a lot of animals weren't killed in week two. I think that the animals wanted to stay out of the rain because it was raining a lot.

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 09:51 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 138

badge

To prepare for the earth cast what we did was did a practice run-through of our tests. Before we did that we got questions and answers on websites for our tests and put them into a power point project. We got topics to get these questions like heat, electricity, and automotive.

Article posted April 23, 2009 at 10:33 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 542

Seedfolks Packet

By MJCO

In language arts class we had to read a book called “Seedfolks” by Paul Fleishman. The book is basically about a bunch of people being joined together with this one garden which started from one little girl who planted a few lima beans. Each chapter in the book is another person who tells their story about how they got attracted by it.

After we read the book we did a seed packet project. We chose one character out of the book and one in our family and compared them to a plant and put them on separate seed packets. We started on a piece of paper to organize what was needed. There were four columns, the first was who the character was, the second was how your plant is like your personality, the third was what was a quote said by your character which relates to the plant they grew in the story and the final one was all the qualities of the plant versus the character in the book.

I finished that so I started making my seed packet. Instead of having it dull and boring with no creativity I decided to make it look like a seed packet not a packet that was folded I made it like a pocket and added popcorn kernels to have that sound and feeling of seeds.

On the back we had to have directions on how to plant them and these were the qualities of the four column sheet with all of my stuff. Finally I put a company name on it and I was finished.

Article posted March 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 264

My Antarctica Flag

What I meant to say in my drawing was that I drew the peace symbol because there should not be any wars or nuclear bomb testing’s in Antarctica. I drew the scientist because scientists are allowed to study down in Antarctica but are not allowed to touch the penguins. I drew the penguin and the fish because there is wild life down in Antarctica and you can’t harm the animals in any way. The final thing I drew was all of the countries names that have stations to show that all of  the countries have some power.

Article posted March 3, 2009 at 10:52 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 266

Stocks

by Mjco

The companies I chose in this project were GameStop, Target, and Coca-cola. I chose GameStop because I like GameStop and I thought they would do really good around Christmas and they did. I chose Target because I’ve never gone to Target and I love the little doggy with the circle around his eye. Unfortunately they did really poorly and I lost $184.45. I chose Coca-cola because I like PepsiCo better and because I do like 1 of their products. Unfortunately they to did poorly. I lost $199.29.

If I had to change what I did I would have bought more GameStop stocks because they did the best and I gained $216.00. I also would have chosen Apple because they are doing the best out of Dell and other electronic industries. I also would have picked Google because Google is probably the #1 search engine in the world and they are doing really good.

The advice I give to other people is don’t buy penny stocks, they are most likely go out of business. Also don’t buy food companies because most of the biggest industries like Kellogg, Coca-cola, and PepsiCo are all doing poorly. Last thing buy stocks from electronic industries (only electronics, don’t buy Wal-Mart or State Street) like GameStop, RadioShack, Best buy, and Apple. They all did outstanding.