In the video of meeting with the CEO, Duncan Niederaurer of NYSE Euronext he discussed the main facts of wall Street. He said that the buliding is the most famous in America. it is also a very old and iconic structure. A lot of things go on inside of there with America's Finance. He also said that many big companies that we know of play a part inside and we could even work there someday when we are older.The four stocks I decided to choose were Cocola, Nordstrom,Chipotle, and Apple. I picked them because I invest in each of these companies and I felt it was interesting to know how they were doing economically.After learning about the stock market  I now get a better idea of how important it is to our country. I felt it was a very interesting to learn about and I would be happy to learn more about it in the future.

To learn more about the stockk marcket click here.

www.discoveryeducation.com/nyse/

Many people today may not pay much attention to nutrition and health.They may not know that America is the most overweight country in the world.There is one thing that a lot of Americans eat and that is "fast food." In this article it will talk about how a man wanted to put an impact on people and make a documentory of America's eating habits.

The movie Super Size Me is about a guy who wanted to show people all over the country how bad fast food is for you. So he decided to do an experiment of him only eating Mcdonalds everyday for a month.In order for him to start the experiment he wanted to talk with his doctor,nutritionist , and his personal trainer. They all said that going on this diet wouldn't have a bad effect on his body but they didn't know how bad it could really get. During the process of the experiment the man started to not feel good and began getting addicted to the fast food. The doctors told him that he should stop this because it is killing his liver. The man did end up finishing the experiment and he gained a lot of weight from it . In the end he should many people that fast food is bad and people need to pay attetion on how desrtuctive it can be towards your body.

Throughout watching this movie it showed that eating right and exercising is lacking in the United States.There is way to get rid of obesity and that is eating the correct diet and exercising everyday. Some people may not know it but if people keep eating fast food they could be risking there life if they don' t eat better and workout more.

If you would like to learn more about this documentory click on the hyperlink below. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/super-size-me/

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 04:46 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 61

Romania has been around for many centuries. It is located in Southeastern Europe on the Black sea , with a population of  19,350,000. Its capital is Bucharest and its official language is Romanian. During the process of this assignment  I learned about the different facts on Romania and also  compared this country to all of the other  countries in the world.In this project it will discuss  Romania's climate, History, government,  and more.  Throughout this I have learned many useful  information on Romania and I hope that when you read it you will learn the same.

In the year 2000 leaders from different countries decided to set a goal for 2015 that the world would not suffer from what it is going through right now. Millions of people are homeles and starve everyday.115 million  children   are 'nt even enrolled into school. 

The goals for 2015 are to end poverty & hunger,  universial education,gender equality,child health,maternal health,combat HIV/AIDS,environmental sustainability,and global partnership.Today 800 people are malnourished that means that they  dont have enough food and 153 million children are under the average weight for their age.You can help meet these goals by donating money or food to charities. You can create a group and try and help the goal for 2015. So why not start now?

Their have been improvements since the year  2000.In northern Africa it has been said that the goals will eventually be met and also for Asia,Europe,WesternAsia,and South-eastern Asia.The United nations millennium campaign started in th year 2002,it helps suppport and inpire people to help complete the millennium development goals  

If you would like to learn more about the millennium goals then go to :http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/bkgd.shtml

The purpose of this project was to learn how to understand roller coasters and how they are created.   I learned that buliding a roller coaster you have to know newtons laws and they are: 1.Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in the state of motion unless an external force is applied to it. 2.The relationship between an object's mass,its acceleration, and the applied force,acceleration and force are vectors , in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration. 3.For every action is an equal and opposite reaction.           

My team made  a steel roller coaster   that we all took part in.One person in my group was the historian the other person was a physicist  and the other was the design engineer.A historian looked up past rollercoasters, the physicist looked upo how the rollercoaster moves and the design engineer designed how it looked. Our roller coaster was called the ''Bomb Diggidy''.      The rollercoaster project   was success because we colored it neatly.On this website we had to see if our rollercoaster would work after a few trie it finally did and thats what made it a success for my group and I.                

By:tenman on the website flick

Cyberbulling has been a big problem for kids and teenagers for awhile. These are the three things I have learned about cyberbullying and bullying:                                                  

1.Bullying and cyberbullying are different from each other cyberbullying is when you bully someone over texting or on the computer.            

2.Bulllying is when you bully a person physically or just by telling it to their face .                                                                                                                                                                                                     3.If in anyway you feel like you are being bullied make sure you tell a teacher or a parent right away.                                                                                                                                                               Any type of bulllying is bad just make sure you aren't the one getting bullied.                                                                                                                                                             

This year in sixth grade I hope to get good grades and have good study habits. I want to learn more in Social Studies and in Math.I want to be able to speak Spanish because everybody in my family can except for me .I want to be able to read as many books as I can possilby can.This year I was so excited to do the Blogging Challenge because I wanted share with other bloggers  what my goals are for sixth grade.

Here are some internet safety tips I learned in school:                                                                            

1. When you are shopping online like (Ebay ,Amazon,Barnes N Noble ect.)make sure you look in the address bar and see https   then you know the site is safe because the s stands for secure .

2. If you met someone online never give any of your personal  information to them  .

3. If you get an email that says that you can win a million dollers don't click it because you never know  what those emails can do to your computar .

4. Always be careful of what pictures you put on the computar because it can spread to person to person .

5. If you get a text message and it says disgusting things in it or hurtful words talk to a parent or teacher right away.

6. Make sure you look at a websites carfully because when websites ask you personal things like (social security number ect.) they could steal your idenity.

7. When you are talking to someone on the computar or are text messaging make sure you are saying appropiate things because peolpe can forward thing to other people to see.

8. If you are talking to someone online who you do not know and they ask you things that make you uncomfortable tell a teacher or parent right away.

9. If you are shopping online make sure you are familiar with the website.

10. Be careful on websites because people can make websites look like the real thing but its not .

Everyday people all over the world  fall for these mean tricks and have very big consenquences for it. Make sure it dosen't happen to you .

The three great things about my school is that we get 20m for recess because we can get some exercise and we have a lot of sports we can play like volleyball , soccer, basketball , and cheerleading . We also have Thanksgiving Dinner and Easter Dinner and it is fun to have with friends.

I wrote to Mr.Toft.ca  : I think it is really amazing that New Zealand does not have Halloween .It is really cool that you can visit relatives so you can go trick or treating.

I wrote toEaston's Sports blog.: That was really nice  what you said about your grandparents. My grandparents are 92 and 94 and I remember when I did not brush my hair so my grandmother chased my around the house with a brush in her hand.

I wrote toBriana: Wow Briana that is really sad  about the sea animals. I think I am going to try and helpout.

I am so excited to have my own blog. I want to go on my blog and write things that has happened to me. I would like  to talk about  about  books and sports. I really want other people from other schools to read my blogs. I hope people find my stories interesting.

Article posted January 14, 2009 at 02:17 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

I love to read books about mysteries. One of my favorites is Nancy Drew. The sports I play are soccer and basketball. I go to school and I try to put a lot of effort in my work.I have one sister. At Christmas time I love to bake cookies. And I love to watch my mom bake her awsoume cheesecake. My family and I love animals. We have two cute dogs that we love so much.

All plants have cells .They need sunlight and water and air without those three things plants will die. Plants make a sweet like liquid called nectar .Animals eat nectar while they eat the nectar little yellow things called pollen gets rubbed on the animals fur and the animals spread the pollen. And the funny part is the animals don’t even know there spreading the pollen.