Copyright (c) 2014 by Bridget K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bridget K -- Blogmeister

My Fun Stories!

OLPH Alumni

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Bridget K

teacher: Mrs. Ruffing

Title: Europe Project Publication (05/04/12)
Description: Complete your article according to the checklist found here.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 128

In this project, each student got assigned a country to write facts about.  We had to do facts on subjects such as currency, leadership positions, and agriculture. We also would find images of famous buildings in our country we were assigned to.  In the end, we each made a virtual book, for example, the one shown.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 63

In this project each student was assigned a country and had to write a report on the country explaining some of the history, the good foods and things that fascinated us the most. This project was assigned by our social studies teacher and was a great learning experience for all of the students. I especially liked doing this project because I got to discover things about Poland that I never knew. This project took a lot of work but in the long run of things I think the whole class enjoyed working on a country that they knew little about. It taught all of us a bit of creativity, to learn things our way, and mostly how to research things and how to write. I hope our teacher does another project like this again sometime soon!

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 51

In my Social Studies project I explain the United Kingdoms culture, customs, and many more interesting things. A country was assigned to each student and we had to include different facts, paragraphs, and pictures into our project. I was glad that I was given the United Kingdom because at first I didn't really know a lot about the United Kingdom, but throughout the process of creating this project I learned many things. I hope that viewers who read my project aslo learn new information that they never knew before about the United Kingdom. 

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 07:36 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 48

Throughout the last couple weeks, our class has been working on a project on an assigned European country. This project allows us to learn facts and interesting information about our assigned country. I was assigned France and tried to incorporate as much French history and culture as I possible could. I then converted the project into a PDF file, which enabled me to transform it into the book attached below.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 06:45 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

This year my seventh grade class learned about Europe. Our project was to make an online book about our assingned country. The purpose of this project was to help you discover more about your assinged country in Europe. This project helped me understand more about Norway and it taugth me things I didn't know before.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 44

In this book you will learn about the bulgarian culture, history, and some of their traditions. In the cultural section you will learn about their life and holidays. While in the history section you will find out about the Romans while in Bulgaira and the group of Goths that originated in Bulgaria. Some of the traditions of Bulgaria include some of their foods. I hope you like this booklet. Enjoy.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 08:34 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 55

Although Luxembourg is one of the smallest countries in the world, It is also one of the wealthiest! This country has an amazing historical background and awesome food. Most people don't know about the wonders that this little country has to offer. To learn more about the amazing history, culture, climate, economy, and food of Luxembourg, click here!

Article posted February 7, 2012 at 06:58 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 62

Our 7th grade class worked on a prooject this year that gave us the oppurtunity to research about an assigned country, see how the culture of that country and ours is different, and after all the researching we made it into a book. My assigned country was Macedonia. At that start of this project I had no idea about Macedonia, but after all the research I had a fairly good idea of how the country preformed all kinds of different things. Wer also got to see hopw the assigned country was different from our country in several ways. We had to see the different customs and culture of the country we were assigned. Last of all we got to make all the researched material into a online book. For this project we mainly had to research about the country and record all he information. We had to do he projects because it was a social studies assignment.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 52

The purpose of this project was to gather information about a specific European country. Austria has some interesting and entirely unique food, and I included a recipe for "Beans in Toasted Pumpkin Seed Cream". Austria played an impotant role in The Napoleonic Wars, and had a large role in starting World War I. I chose to include these things in my project because some were required and others I simply found were very interesting because this provided me an opportunity to learn all about Austria.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 09:23 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 123

About two monthss ago,our class was assigned a European country project so we could learn about other countries and the world around us. I was assigned Spain. We were asked to learn about our country's culture, history, population, and much more. I honestly wasn't looking forward to a project because of the work, and I was even more dissapointed when I found out I got Spain. Suprisingly, it turned out that this project was really fun and I enjoyed having certain checkpoints and submitting it all online. My teacher decided to then turn our projects into online books, which was really cool!

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 55

This book will explain what it would be like to vacation in Portugal. This book will describe Portugal's climate, land, gov't., etc. If your planning on going to Portugal then I would recommened reading this book to find out some interesting facts. I made this online video book about Portugal for a project that we are doing in Social Studies. So click here and be amazed.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 06:15 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 71

For the Europe project the country I had was Italy. The purpose of this project was so that we could learn a lot about a specific country in Europe. The process of the project took several weeks with us doing different sections of work broken up into parts. For my cover page I choose a picture of the Colloseum. I choose this picture because I think it is a good representation of Italy. 

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 46

Romania has been around for many centuries. It is located in Southeastern Europe on the Black sea , with a population of  19,350,000. Its capital is Bucharest and its official language is Romanian. During the process of this assignment  I learned about the different facts on Romania and also  compared this country to all of the other  countries in the world.In this project it will discuss  Romania's climate, History, government,  and more.  Throughout this I have learned many useful  information on Romania and I hope that when you read it you will learn the same.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 04:03 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 46

The purpose of this project is to teach us about the many countries in Europe. My class was all assigned a different country we were supposed to find facts and wright multiple paragraphs on the country's culture, history, and currency. In my case I got the United Kingdom so it was pretty interesting considering its wonderful history and culture.  I hope that viewers who read my project learn new information that they never knew about the United Kingdom. 

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 03:53 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

During the third quarter, my class worked on an assignment called the "Europe Project." Everyone was given a country, some people even got the same country. We had to make an online book with different facts and inmformation on every page. I was given the Czech Republic. At first I was upset cause I wanted a more popular country, but as i started working more with the topic i actually began to learn a lot of new and interesting things.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 53

My class was assigned to research, learn about, and analyze the history, climate, culture, and landscape of a country in Europe. This project was assigned by my teacher. Everyone in my class got a certain country in Europe to learn about. During a period of a few months, we researched and learned more about our countries. Then, we made our reports into books on an online website that allows you to make documents books.  My country was Iceland. I got to learn about its climate, culture, landscape, and government. I learned about some of the important events in its history and I even got to learn some of the traditional recipes that they make! While we did this project, our class as a whole learned about other parts of Europe and the continent as a whole. Researching and making this book was a great experience that made me want to visit Europe even more than I did before!

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:29 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 59

In my 7th grade year I studied Sweden. I learned many things about the country including its culture and history. I would have known almost nothing about Sweden if it weren't for this project. This has really given me a peak into the life of Swedes.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 03:01 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 59

The purpose of this project was to learn more about a specific topic or country. The country I recieved was Italy. Italy is a beautiful country that is well known today. Our class had to research facts about the country we received and study or search about its landforms, climates, government, culture and much more. I learned so many facts about Italy and I would love to be able to experience its beauty someday. 

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 05:50 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 49

The Netherlands is an amazing topic because it is a country full of rich culture and history. Doing this project has proven to be successful by being the first class to ever do it online. I did this not only because it was assigned, but also because it is an amazing country. Our class put our saved PDFs into an online book maker and created books. The Netherlands is an amazing European country that sticks out from the others.

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 54

The purpose of this project was to learn about different countries. My country was France and I had to look up different things about France like the different religions and the culture of France. The first step in this project was to research the country. Then I had to turn it into an online book. I am putting this on my blog to teach people about France.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 62

7th grade social studies for a part of the year is learning about Europe. For this project, everyone in our class was assigned a European country to learn more about. I was assigned the country of Switzerland. For each country, we had to write about the location, culture, history, etc. on a Google document and then our teacher turned the document into a flipbook. Here is a look at my project. 

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 88

Have you ever wonder what it was like in Germany back the day? I gathered information on the history,culture, and much more on Germany. I did this because I wanted to know more about Germany and to show you what I have found during my research. Go here to se my information I have collected for you

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 106

In school we had a Social Studies project. We were assigned a country and then had to research many things about it like climate, sports, and regional foods. The purpose was to learn about a foreign country and then make an online book out of the research we did. This is my online book and I hope you enjoy looking through it.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 52

I have done many different things to this project like researching and figuring out the whole format of my project.  I have checked it and had my parents also check it for any grammatical errors.  I have done all possible things that I could think of to get a good grade on this project. Hopefully, I will get a great grade on this project because it was very challenging.