Copyright (c) 2014 by Alex W Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alex W -- Blogmeister

History Buff

OLPH Alumni

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Alex W

teacher: Mrs. Ruffing

Russia on the offensive:1944-1945

The Russian victory in Stalingrad from 1941-1943  crushed the Germans as their first major defeat. So as you can imagine Russia went on the offensive for the one and only time. They retook everything they lost, and advanced into Germany. The battle of Berlin had begun. It would continue with the slautering, except instead of German troops slautering Russian citizens, the Russians were slautering German citizens. It didn't take long to turn Germanyb into a pile of rubble from artillery, bombs, grenades and machine guns. This battle alone would see 1,000,000 soldiers killed on both sides, but also the fall of the third Reich along with Nazi Germany.

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 06:45 AM • comment • Reads 33 • see all articles