Copyright (c) 2014 by Olivia K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Olivia K -- Blogmeister

I LUV DACHSHUNDS AND TIROLEAN HOUNDS

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Olivia K teacher: Mrs. Ruffing

Super Size Me Documentary Post

It is ok to eat fast food once in a while, but not all the time. Fast food is normally high in cholesterol and saturated fats. Some fast foods even contain trans fats, types of fats that can become potentially deadly if eaten on a daily basis. When dieting, it is important to incorperate all of the main food groups into your meals. For instance, instead of having a double cheese burger with fries, chow down on a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with some apple slices. Making healthier choices and exercising will leave you felling better almost all the time!

Super Size Me is an interesting documentary about a man named Morgan Spurlock who decides he is going to go on a diet where he can only eat Mcdonald's for 30 days. He will have to consume one of everything on the menu in this period of time. This includes his breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. Before taking on this disgusting challenge, he is evaluated by three doctors. When he starts his new diet he is only eight percent body fat, and very physically fit. The three doctors have different opinions about what this food will do to his body. One of them think it won't have any affect on him at all. They will constantly keep tabs on his weight, blood pressure, and cholesterol. After the diet starts, the man is very excited he will be able to eat junk food and drink soda for all of his meals. With about three days into his diet, he finally pukes when his body rejects a cheese burger.

Even though Morgan is doing this experiment to raise obesity awareness in America, it doesn't mean it's safe. He will be sacrificing his body to a harmful "enemy" called "saturated fat". If it weren't enough that this man was eatting McDonald's everyday for thirty days, he doesn't excercise either and gains an astonishing 24.5 pounds! The doctors Morgan used for this experiment were a cardiologist, gastroenterologist, and a general practitioner.

From this video I learned that America is extremely obese and needs to eat healthier options. As a whole if we all made healthier choices, we would be a happier country. A person should manage their nutrition and excercise by applying this one simple formula. The calories digested should equal the calories burned. I was personally affected by this documentary because I realized how obese our country really is. It is dangerous and unhealthy.

Article posted June 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM • comment • Reads 33 • see all articles