Copyright (c) 2014 by G Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
G -- Blogmeister

2008-2009

We are a 2nd grade class in Bridgeport, CT, USA. We will graduate from college in 2027.

by G

teacher: Bob Greenberg

Giselle1

Peacock crest - Both males (peacocks) and females (peahens) have a crest of feathers on top of their heads. Next time you are at the zoo, be sure to try and find these roaming residents.

Polar bear ears -It gets cold in the Arctic (down to 35°F below). For warmth, your polar bear ears are small and covered in fur—even on the inside. When diving, the ears close to keep cold water out.

Chilean flamingo legs - ou'd think flamingos stand on one leg by locking their knees. But those are actually their ankles. They stand like that to conserve energy. How long can you stand on one leg?

Monarch butterfly wings - Your monarch butterfly wings can beat five times per second. Can you flap your arms five times in one second?

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 08:42 AM • comment (4) • Reads 195 • see all articles