Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

Peace and Love; is it here? will it ever come?-

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by J teacher: Mr. Rezac

How does my blog represent the themes of sharing, collaborating, and participation? My blog has a lot to offer. I share information on my blog. For example, my blog tells ways that you can find peace. Participation is represented in my blog by my post. If I didn't participate then I wouldn't have my blogs. If I didn't have my blogs then I wouldn't be sharing with or helping others. Collaboration. If there is one thing I learned from this class it would be collaboration. I collaborated with my teacher, my classmates, and the internet while working with my blog. This class has inspired me to blog home too. Overall I hope my blog has inspired you or opened your eyes.

picture atribution- Cayusa

In this blog I get to pick my own topic. So I am going to write about, you've guessed it, peace. Peace is the sun that shines throw my window. Peace is the cinnamon in the dough. Peace is the time in relaxation. Peace is the little things that you find. I am sure people are wondering why peace? Why write about peace? Well my life has been one long rocky road. I have not been able to find peace not to long ago. Achieving peace is one of my newly accomplished goals and I wanted to celebrate that by making my blog on peace.

atribution- Mabar

Top Ten Peace Q & As.

To do this article I had to ask 10 people to ask me a question about peace.

I got the questions;

1- How do you find peace at home?

Well, theres many ways, you could make tea or, with permission, light an incense. Do things that calm you down.

2- What exactly is the peace corp?

If you really want to know, go look for yourself, here in the link of the NPCA

3- How do my sister and I find peace?

Well, if it's fighting problems then try not to let it get to you. If she makes fun of you then just ignore and she will get bored then stop.

4- Do you consider yourself a modern day hippie? If so, why?

Yes, I do consider myself a modern day hippie because I live in peace. I believe that the peace sign is not a fashion statement but means a state of trainquility. I believe in the meaning of peace and hope that one day it will happen.

5- What can I eat/drink to calm me down?

I think it would green tea. Green tea is the best! You can buy it anywhere, like Target, and it tastes great with a little sugar!

6- When life gives you lemons, do you make lemonade?

Yes, I take what life gives me and use it to the fullest extent of peace.

7- You talked about buying and making things with peace signs, do you have anything like that? How did you make them?

My mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the tye-dye kits and a few shirts. We followed the directions on the box, and Wa La! Youve got a tye-dye shirt! I also bought a necklace with the peace sign on it from Claire's.

8- Can we achieve peace as a country with the army and stuff like that?

Bombing for Peace is like Swimming for Air. We cant achieve peace if the government wants to blow up everyone who scares them. With protesters and activists, we modern day hippies havent gotten very far but once we are taken seriously we will save the world.

9- I heard that red triggers madness is there a color that triggers peace?

I am not quite sure. I am guessing that it would be a neutral color or a calm, not-so-vibrant color such as lavender. You could look that up on Google if you want.

And biggest quetion about peace, number 10!

10- What is Peace?

Some say peace is a state of mind. Some say peace is a way to say goodbye. Some say there is no peace. But this someone says that we will never know. We cant all come to an agreement about it. It is like asking what the meaning of life is. Life is to live and Peace is to be peacefull. Thats just a dictionary speaking, not you. Peace is whatever you want it to be. We all have our own meanings, but to me, Peace is Love.

sister72

^ TheAlieness GiselaGiardino²³ ^

This video is about Zombies. It really doesn't have anything to do with peace, but I think it's very funny! I guess you could say that having Zombies in your Neighborhood could anger and depression which is no good. Enjoy the clip!

The slowing economy will cause stress on people. If you are being affected by it then just remember to have peace. Did you look at my links? If you saw the link about the peace corp and you are willing to leave your life and find a new one go to the peace corp! It seems pretty nice to me. If i didn't have so much going for me right konw I would probaly forget about my ambition and go with the flow.

I have been effected by the slowing economy. My parents got lesser jobs, for example my dad is a carpenter. If people can't afford to fix their houses then my dad goes out of buisness. If you have ever heard the quote "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again" then you know what I am talking about.

My family has felt the slowing economy and if it keeps going the way it does now, surely your family will feel it too. Maybe when we're all the bottom and we all have nothing to gloat about, we can be equal and have peace. If you know what socialism is then you might think that being equal is socialism, but it's not. Being equal means to have no higher or lower class and a small government so we don't run into anarchy.

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 04:42 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

The peace sign means more than you think.The circular peace sign actualy means nuclear disarmament. The letters N and D stood for Nuclear Disarmament and thats what made up the sign. The semaphore letters for N and D are the lines inside of the circle. (N looks like | and D looks like and upside V) Gerald Holton was the designer.

You can buy tons of clothing with peace signs on them. Just go to any store in the mall that looks like it would peace clothing. One of the stores that I know of that sells peace jewelry Is Claire's. Claire's has tons of jewelry that have many different designs. I bought my ND necklace at Claire's. If you want to check out there store here is a link! Claire's

Another way to get ND or peace sign necklaces or clothing is to make them yourself. Tye-Dye was a hippie ype thing. If you want to try Tye-Dye go to your local crafts store like Hobby Lobby. Or take a white shirt and a sharpie and make a peace sign on it.Thats all!

This article is going to be about my mom's stances, and mine. We are similar but we disagree sometimes like normal teenagers and their parents do. I told you that so that you know our stances will be different. My mom is more ethical, and I just know what ive learned through life and my research so far. If you are a kid reading this you will know think that my stances are better because I am a kid and my mom is an adult and I know that a lot of teens disagree with their parents. So, all I have to say further is; read through both our stances and then make a choice.

I think peace is real but people just don't know how to show it. I show peace by trying not to yell at people. In my house there is fighting. I just try to find inner peace by listening to music and drawing out my anger. Having peace calms me down and keeps me sane.

My mom says that she can agree with that. She says it can also be showed by helping others , being respectful and things like that. Since her life is crazy she needs a way to find inner peace. She calms herself by lighting candles. She can't always be peaceful but she tries to be. When she is peaceful she is kind and happy. But when she is angry she can be a bit loud.

These are some links about Peace and Love!

Link1 This link is about the Peace Corp! What is the Peace Corp you ask? Read and find out!

Link2 Peace Day! We missed it! Peace Day was on September 21!

Link3 The Peace sign has another meaning and no one believed me! Well here is proof!

Link4 This link can help you find inner peace.

Article posted September 18, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 74

This blog is going to be about Peace and Love and why we need it. This world we call Earth is a cruel place. We need to improve our peace and decrease the prejudice. You should read my blog because I know that everyone has been mean at least once. I can help you with all your problems you have with Peace and Love.

I am a student from IL!