Copyright (c) 2014 by M Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
M -- Blogmeister

M.I.M.S

Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by M

teacher: Mr. Rezac

Title: Writing Post #3 (09/24/08)
Description: I'm going to give you two choices for your next post.

How has (your subject) affected student's learning? You're going to have to do some research and find an article to quote.

OR:

How do adults view your subject versus teens (in your opinion). You must quote at least one other website in this article.

hey, I know you like sports so here are some cool blogs: 

espn.go.com/ 

msn.foxsports.com/ 

www.allsports.com/

Article posted September 30, 2008 at 04:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 100

Adults may view my topic a little childish just because of what type of music is in this blog. Teens might not though. They might be really interested in knowing some new bands that they might want to show their friends or maybe want to listen to. Adults aren't really into this type of music because many of them like to listen to slow or classical music teens would say is boring.I however wouldn't care about would like or dislike this blog because its the readers opinion. We shouldn't need to tell the reader to come back or read my blog again. The reason for this is that people will just fall in love with these bands. They wont be listening to their boring slow music. They will party and listen to music as they did when they were younger.Girls might not like my topic as much but if they do then that would be pretty cool. There is no need for others to not like 1 single person just because he/she listens to different music. People are starting to like the music that I listen to these days and its very interesting to a bunch of people listening to music. My topic may be boring but it still has details and stuff that may describe it in good ways as well.www.beachpsych.com/pages/cc43.html I also have many friends who like to say "music is the greatest thing in the world" and I indeed agree with them.

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 04:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 85

How do I think that the economy will effect my subject. Just the fact that album sales might not be as good as in the past years. For the stores keep increasing the prices on most of the albums that we could buy for half the price as they are right now. And the cheap albums are those that are from decades ago.

If they don't sell, then they probably woun't have enough money to make album after album like they used too. For example the ink they use it's not cheap you know. Anf there's the materials like the balnk cd's. Plus the labor porbably isn't probably cheap.

These are some of my opinions on why my subject might be effected by the economy. But who knows maybe these things might not even happen. But thats just waht I think.

link

^ I chose this link because it is the top 100 videos of the chart, and if you would want to see which of your favorite videos/songs made the top 100 on yahoo, you can see here.

another linkk

^ This link is from Billboard. Which would be a really popular place to go to find things about music. It also has top songs/videos.

third one!

^ The third link i for people who would listen to country music. CMT is where you can go to for information on what happens with all the country singers.

Last one! (:

^ Rhapsody...you can have a 14 day free trial and listen to whatever music you would like.

People view sports differently then others.

There is a big difference between oh how parents and kids view sports.

First of all I'm going to talk about how parents view sports. Parents often think of sports as a way to keep their kids active. Also they know that more than likely their child is not going to be a professional athlete. But maybe there kid is a great athlete and is thinking about going to college to play a sport, then most parents will make sure you keep your grades up so you cant get into a good school.

Lastly what kids think of sports. Children view sports as a game that every child dreams to go professional in. Most of the time when you get into High School you realize your going to have a different job then an athlete. But the few who do have a chance to go to college for sports think that school does not matter because they be a pro athlete. what kids don't understand is that school is more important so that you can get into a good school to play a sport. Also if I were in a situation where I was going to go professional in basketball, and i had a chance to go to the NBA after my second year in college i would not take it because you never know. What if you have a Basketball ending injury and you don't have a degree for a job, then you need to go back to college to get the specific job you want. That is how sports can affect learning

Music effects everyone. Wether or not it's in a good or bad way it still does. I don't think some people can live without music, because it expresses everything. There are songs about everything, such as girls, cars, everything. So vh1 is helping schools out with, Save The Music Foundation!

Save The Music Foundation helps schools get more instruments. There moto is, What would the world be without music, we don't want to find out. They help out a lot of kids. I think everyone should help because music is such a big part of everyones life.

Vh1 is spreading the word, i think you should to. Click on this link to find out more information www.vh1.com/partners/save_the_music/home.html. You can donate, or educate and give classroom lessons, if you would like. Music expresses people why should we stop. Please help out.

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 03:23 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 126

Often, when war comes to your mind, you see images of bloody soldiers vanquishing the enemy. You think war is like those video games that try to portray war as a game. If you die, you can come back to life at the last checkpoint. But that is not how it is. Not by a long shot.

Teens think that war is all about glory; they think it is like a game that can be replayed whenever you want to. Some teens that have actually heard of or read about the atrocities of war realize that war is not all fun and games. They find that war is not as cool as they thought.

Some adults think as teens, but most of them have had relatives that have been in past wars and survived to tell the tale or are veterans themselves. They know or have experienced the horrors of war and they find that war is much different than the way it is portrayed in media.

This is an excerpt from an account of an attack on a US ship by the Japanese in WW2.

At 2207 hours, the LST 808's engine room was hit by a torpedo from a low flying plane. The enormous concussion opened a five-foot hole in the hull, instantly killing the five men in the engine room and filling the air with the smell of sulfur.

Most of the crew was off the ship by 0300, and the salvage officers began the task of removing everything valuable or secret. A security detail of five was on the ship when, at 1837 hours on May 20, a kamikaze from the 50th Shinbu Squadron at Chiran Air Base flew his Hayabusa fighter plane into the forward superstructure and crashed all the way down to the tank deck. None of the men on board the ship were badly hurt.

Just another day in paradise. The final toll was 17 dead and 11 wounded.

If you would like to read more, click here.

Just in this short excerpt, the horrors of war were described well. Just reading about  the smell of sulfur as the ship was hit and the men who got blown to pieces gave me chills. Now you see that war is like a game to some people, but to others who have experienced it, war is hell.

I think that adults would personally think that watching movies is a waste of time because adults think that it makes kids stupid sometimes.Hannah Thompson said "kids should be able to do what they want and as long as the movie is appropriate then they should allow there children to have fun with there friends and enjoy the show!" They think that it burns our brain cells and makes us not do our school work and it makes us a couch potato. Teens go to the movies for entertainment.They go to see a movie and hang with there friends or to just get out of the house. Movies are entertainment no matter what you say to a teen about the movies they will still go. Movies are fun to go to! There better then having your kid just sit at home on the couch watching t.v. all day,right?

In my opinion parents do let children watch movies but it also depends on what rate they are. these are the rates of movies- G,PG,PG13,R and, unrated. Teens love watching movies because there entertaining. They give us something to do instead of staying home all day bugging our parents, and trust me they don't like when we bug them. Also adults view movies in different perspectives. They think that they have meaning to them, but they don't they are either a love story, mystery, horror or a sadness to it.Teens think that there just something to do with there friends.

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/10/107379/15_2008/parent.jpgKids dont like being yelled at for not being able to go to the movies! So just let them go every once in a while. You will like the quiet and they will like being with there freinds. And once you all get back together everyone will be happy and nothing bad will happen. Dont let them go ever weekend just once in a while to have some fun.

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 03:23 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 101

There are way different views on the 2008 election from teens and adults. I think some adults are more informed because maybe they talk to people at work and hear all different views on the election. Some people may share with adults their opinions on the election and they hear both sides of the election.

I don't think teens get as much exposure to the election as adults do. Kids get some exposure to the election from their parents and thats pretty much it. Teachers can't really talk politics in school with kids because they hear their parents opinion and think its the right one. It's their opinion and they're entitled to it, but if they start talking politics in school that may result in violence or fights. Some kids, like me, may hear more about the election by watching political shows or talk radio shows. So, some kids may even know more about the election thand some adults.

Here is a quote from a someone named Belle Boyd.

"Kids shouldn't get as much exposure on the election as adults do because it may cause lots of problems in school."

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 03:23 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 110

College affects everyone. This is one of those crossroads in your life, where you can decide what you want to do and really go into a career. You can make this time as fun and exciting as you like because your away from your parents, you can control your own destiny and all while making the best of your life. You can't forget though that your there to get a good education. So really the most important thing is your education. This affects students because they need to prepare early because you have to do so many things. I believe that you should look early because some colleges have some extra requirements that you have to complete in High School. For example,  The Wharton School of Business requires you to take calculus while in High School. So keep to your studies.

If you want to get into an Ivy League School it doesn't happen over night. You have to prepair earily to get into this type of school. To get into a school like this you have to take the most rigorous curriculum offered by your High School, get good grades, and most of all stand out. "Which we don't like it when students don't take interest in college until they are Seniors in High School." Quoted from www.quintcareers.com. So when you are applying for college it is best to look early because then you can prepare for the problems that may a rise. When applying according to www.northwestern.edu it is best to have good grades because that is the base of your application. Also, no matter what happens studies come first because that's your base. Then, if you believe that you can juggle school with extra-curriculars you should do those and put them on your resume so colleges know that you stand out. Finally, you should see how much college costs before applying and also see if you have any money set aside for your education.

As I stated earlier money is a key factor when choosing a school. So if you have a school that is out of your price range you have some options to chose from. You can either apply for a scholarship, get a loan or pay for it yourself. You really need not worry about this too much if you can either get a loan or get a scholarship. Also, around this time you really need to start questioning yourself and what you want to be when your older. If you do this it makes finding a college less of a hassle. Another thing is that when your in High School you should really start to manage your time so you can balance work and play well in college. As you can see college affects a lot of the choices that we make in High School and even grade school.

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 126

Music lessons improve children's brain development, and memory. Even when it sounds like a budding musician is banging out little more than noise, they are actually developing intellectual skills, a new Canadian study suggests.

Even when parents hear only what sounds like random notes or nonsense, it's likely their children are developing their brains in ways that could enhance their overall thinking. Music training could improve literacy, verbal memory, mathematics, and IQ.

A study found that particular changes in attentional systems of children who took music lessons, which affected their ability to pay attention to more important things around them.

"Many studies have shown the value of music education and many parents want it for their children", said Ingrid Whyte, executive director of the Coalition for Music Education in Canada. I hope that music continues to enrich children all over the world.

Website: [LINK]

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 108

Normally, adults would think that movies are a lot of fun to go and see because when they were younger, they did the same thing. Maybe they have seen more movies more often then there kids have. In my opinion, I think that adults and teens have the same perspective on movies.

Teens are usually so fond of seeing movies that it can turn into a weekend activity every week. They enjoy going out with there friends to watch and enjoy the movie that everyone says is a must see. So their opinion on movies would most likely be a double thumbs up!

Adults use to be teens too. They use to always want to go out with their friends, go ride their bikes, and much more. They once always wanted to go see the newest movies and hang out there. So what response to seeing a movie would they all have except for a good one? "I remember when we were first starting out, this'll sound silly, I used to make popcorn for us and we'd lie in bed till all hours watching old movies on tv. Now she says the salt make her retain water" says Douglas Brackman, Jr.

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 05:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 500

We want to explore your subjects a bit deeper :

I'm going to give you two choices for your next post.

OR:

Again, at least three paragraphs. You should have a lot to say about your topic here.

I play lots of sports and Selena Gomez is awesome. M.I.M.S ( Music is my savior!) and My name is Young Hove. I'm a student learning how to blog so will soon blow your mind. I will be giving you updates on music, album releases, and music reviews. I will mostly be talking about Hip/hop or rap. Although I love rock and alternative rock. I hope you enjoy my blogs.