Copyright (c) 2014 by C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
C -- Blogmeister

Softball!

Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by C

teacher: Mr. Rezac

My topic, softball, is a very sharing, collaborating, and participating sport. One very important thing you need to do while playing softball or any sport is to participate. If you don't involve in the game, the game can not be played. If you try hard and do your best thats all you can give. Your team mates are going to appreciate you because the whole point of the game is to have fun. If you want to win the game bad enough, then it will be really easy to participate. Sharing is also very important because if you dont share the ball, the plays can not be played. Sharing is a great way to learn how to play with others, and sharing in softball is also a good tecnique because you have to share equipment. If your not willing to share the equipment and the ball, you shouldnt be willing to play. You never want to be considered a ball hog, and if you try, it is fun to share and throw the ball around a bit. Another very important thing about playing playing softball is collaborating, because your team needs to cheer for each other to boost up the confidence and to pump up your players. Also, your team needs to collaborate because if your not telling your own team mates where to throw the ball or what is happening around you, nothing will ever get accomplished. You need to make sure your telling your team mates what is happening, such as if you are going to run for the ball, you should tell the person that is by you so you dont all run for it. These three tecniques are very important in playing a sport.

Team cheering and collaborating with eachother. 

Last spring was an amazing experience! All that practicing, all of those individual games. Winning almost every one, we finally had the chance to be in the championship game! It was the beginning of the game and we were all warming up and pumped up ready to begin. The other team was on the bench watching and staring us down, waiting for us to get off the fied so they could practice. The umpire blew his whilstle and told us to line up to say the pledge. As we all stated the pledge, our stomachs were jumping up and down. The first up to bat was me! As i watched the ball go by he calls, ball one! I got so nervous i was shaking like crazy, but then the pitcher looked straight at me, making sure i was ready for the ball to come. She let go of the ball, and i was so concentrated, that i swung and luckily it went flying across the field! Everyone was screaming to run! I ended up getting a triple.

The next person was up and she got a double bringing me home! Player after player, hit after hit, the score was 27 to 13. We still had one inning left and the other team was up. Our pitcher was the best on the team. I was waiting at 3rd base waiting paciently till the ball was hit to me, but when the pitcher threw the ball the umpire called it a strike! We were all happy and cheering and new we were going to win. The next pitch, the ball was hit to me and it was a line drive! I stuck my hand out as far as i could and i caught the ball! The crowd was congratulating me as we all walked in the dug out knowing that we won the game! We were screaming and jumping up and down scince this was the first time we won the championship. The game ball went to our best pitcher and then everybody left with their parents. It was an awesome experience that we'll never forget.

mundelein little league park district

">softball video.  not our actual team.

Softball Bats. =]]

Article posted October 29, 2008 at 03:55 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

This tells you information about how to catch a ball and other great techniques.

These top ten were the finalists of the 2007 USA softball college players.

1)Monica Abbott Tennessee Salinas, Calif. Senior Pitcher

2)Katie Burkhart Arizona State San Luis Obispo, Calif. Junior Pitcher

3)Kaitlin Cochran Arizona State Yorba Linda, Calif. Sophomore Outfield

4)Garland Cooper Northwestern Mission Viejo, Calif. Senior First Base

5)Bianca Cruz Arizona State Surprise, Ariz. Senior Third Base

6)Norrelle Dickson Oklahoma Orange, Calif. Senior Third Base

7)Kristie Fox Arizona San Diego, Calif. Senior Shortstop

8)Megan Gibson Texas A&M Spring, Texas Junior RHP/1B

9)Leslie Klein LSU Sunrise, Fla. Senior Outfield

10)Danielle Lawrie Washington Langley, B.C. Sophomore Pitcher

The Top 25 finalists for the 2007 USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year Award

College softball players!

">This college player has a lot of experience playing and has really nice teqnique in all of the things she shows in this video.

Gabcast! Rezac's Collaborations #6

As we all know, the economy is slowing down. The economy problem is not effecting softball hugely. People may still play at home in their backyard or at a local park. Playing with friends or family can be a good way to get critique your playing and help you improve.

The economy may also have an effect on softball because kids or adults may not be able to play on a team because of the expenses or buy material needed to play. Although playing softball could just be taught by reading. Hopefully when our economy speeds back up, people will be full of new ideas and fun ways to play.

Knowing that this may take a while, we all have to be patient and use the things we have to play. If you don't know, softball can also be played inside! http://www.battingcagefinder.com/alpha/b.html Here you can find indoor batting cages any where near you. This doesn't just cost less, it is also a great place to go where all you do is play! This is a place where you can come when ever you want and you don't have to pay for the equipment you use. This is much easier than going out and buying everything you need.

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

As you have heard, my blog can provide you with many different, interesting ways to play softball. Its always great to learn about other amazing, pro players. This may help you understand whats it's really like in the real world. This link can make sure your updated on how your favorite USA player is doing, as in playing softball. You may not be able to see on television and it's always great to keep seeing how your favorite player is doing. Having a role model in softball is a very good way to push yourself and make yourself want this even more.

On this site you can find anything and everything about softball. You can look at news about any player, any team, or other things such as, team coaches and even team equipment. It's always great to learn about what kind of equipment and protection you need. Another thing you can do on this site is order equipment and supplies. Buying from online at this site will save you a trip in the car and save you money from your wallet. On here you can find pictures of champions and championship teams. You can learn about national teams throughout the USA, and you can figure out when your favortite player or team is playing or how your favorite team played.

Here, you can buy clothes and you can have things such as, t'shirts, hats, and shorts costomized with your name on it. This site will supply you with many things of your interest and need.

www.usasoftball.com/news.asp

My blog can be very important and useful to parents and adults as well as teens. Adults can learn about softball if they don't have much experience and teach other people as well as them selves. This is a very good way to pass on the tips and let everyone they know how to play softball or let them know they can come to my blogs and learn tips about softball. For adult coaches, this is a good way to make sure their players are having a fun time playing while playing well, especially coming from a players point of view. This may even be helpful to adults that don't know much about softball that would like to learn how.

"To play it takes talent, but to win it takes desire!"

-unknown author

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 03:29 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 39

Hi, i have been playing softball for almost 7 years. My blog is about telling people tips about softball.  Many people may have trouble with learning how to play softball in a fun way without getting stressed out about what position they are playing or how they are playing a certain day, and also being a good player. This blog will provide you with information you may not ever known about softball.  Many tips on these blogs come from me and my experiences throughout the years i have been playing, and also from other friends and family i know that know a lot about softball.

I think if people come look at my blogs they can learn great tips about playing softball and it would be easier for people to play. People should come see my blog because it would help them be a great player! Even if you don't play softball, this is a good way to learn how, and even if you play baseball you may learn a couple tips about playing. You should keep checking in with my blogs so it may help you a lot with playing and having fun with softball.

Hi! I have been playing softball for almost 7 years now, and i want to share a couple tips about playing and also having fun while playing great!! Keep tuning in for tips!