Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

Music

Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by J

teacher: Mr. Rezac

Article posted November 12, 2008 at 01:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

1) Violin

Violins are fairly easy to start learning and is mostly suitable for children 6 years and older. They come in a variety of sizes, from full size to 1/16, depending on the age of the learner. Violins are very popular and in demand so if you become a professional player it wouldn't be hard to join an orchestra or any musical group. Remember to opt for non-electric violins as it is more adequate for beginning students.

2) Cello

Another instrument that is fairly easy to start and suitable for kids 6 years and older. It is essentially a large violin but its' body is thicker. It is played the same way as the violin, by rubbing the bow across the string. But where you can play the violin standing up, the cello is played sitting down while holding it between your legs. It also comes in different sizes from full size to 1/4.

3) Double Bass

This instrument is like a huge cello and is played the same way, by rubbing the bow across the strings. Another way of playing it is by plucking or striking the strings. Double bass can be played while standing up or sitting down and is suitable for kids 11 years and older. It also comes in various sizes from full size, 3/4, 1/2 and smaller. The double bass isn't as popular as other string instruments but is essential in most kinds of ensemble especially jazz bands.

4) Flute

Flutes are very popular and suitable for children to learn at age 10 upwards. Since it is very popular, there will be a lot of competition out there if you do decide to continue professionally. But don't let this fact dishearten you. The flute is one of the easiest instrument to learn, easy to transport, not hard on the budget and fun to play.

5) Clarinet

Another instrument of the woodwind family that is easy to start for kids 10 years and older. Like the flute, it is very popular and you will find opportunities to play it professionally if you desire. There are students who start off with the clarinet and take another instrument like a saxophone and have no problems with the transition.

6) Saxophone

Saxophones come in a variety of sizes and types: like the soprano saxophone, the alto sax, tenor sax and the baritone sax. It is suitable for kids age 12 years and older. The alto saxophone is advisable for beginners. You will have a lot of opportunities to play the saxophone as it is needed in most school orchestras.

7) Trumpet

The trumpet belongs to the brass family of instruments and is quite easy to start for students age 10 and older. Trumpets are orchestral instruments mostly used in jazz bands. It is easy to learn, easy to transport, fun to play and not very expensive. Remember to avoid buying a trumpet with a painted finish as the paint will chip.

8) Guitar

The guitar is one of the most popular instruments and is suitable for students age 6 years upwards. Folk style is easier to start with for beginners and remember to opt for non-electric guitars if you're just starting out. Guitars come in a variety of sizes and styles to suit any students need. Guitars are a mainstay in most music ensembles and you can also play it solo and still sound appealing.

9) Piano

Suitable for kids 6 years and older. The piano takes a lot of time and patience to master, but once you do, it is worth it. The piano is one of the most versatile instruments out there and one of the most beautiful sounding. Traditional pianos are more suitable for beginners but there are a lot of electronic pianos out in the market right now that sound and feel like a real piano and cost almost the same.

10) Harp

The harp is surprisingly easy to start. There are piano students who learn to play the harp with little difficulty because both instruments require reading music pieces in double-stave. Harps come in small sizes for kids age 8 years upwards and bigger harps for students 12 years and older. There are not a lot of people who play the harp and finding a teacher may be difficult. Nevertheless, it is one of the most ancient and beautiful sounding instrument and it's worth learning if you desire.

http://musiced.about.com/od/beginnersguide/tp/tinst.htm

http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/?terms=harp&edit=yes&page=1

Gabcast! Rezac's Collaborations #9

Okay I am revwing the BoyslikeGirls album from BoyslikeGirls. If you like upbeat, pop songs garanteed to tap you're foot you'll love this album. This album consists of 12 songs.

Tracklist:

1. The Great Escape

2. Five Minutes To Midnight

3. Hero/Heroine

4. On Top Of The World

5. Thunder

6. Me, You And My Medication

7. Up Against The Wall

8. Dance Hall Drug

9. Learning To Fall

10. Heels Over Head

11. Broken Man

12. Holiday

This first five songs on this album, are the stongest and as a result will get the most plays over the long term. After track 5 "Thunder" the album gets into minor hits. One of the weakest songs on this album is "Dance Hall Drug" right next to "Learning to Fall".This album is very upbeat and there are few songs that are slow. I have noticed that a lot of the BoyslikeGirls music is more routine style and sort of repetitive. Most of the songs sound the same but with diffrent lryics. You can tell when it is BoyslikeGirls. My favorite song on this album is " Heels Over Head" its upbeat and very very catchy. But again can be repetitive and routine like. What I mean when i say routine is I can see moves or routines made up to this intead of casual dancing.

Article posted October 16, 2008 at 01:14 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 40

Okay, well over this past summer, I went to Sheryl Crows detours concert at Rivina. It was great! I also go to meet her because her and my mom were in college together and we good friends. She is so nice and really easy to talk to.

www.countrystandardtime.com/d/stconcertreview.asp

^ Concert review

Sheryl Crows detours cd was realsed on Febuary 5th, 2008.  This is Sheryl's 6th album.  Detours debuted at number 2 on the US billboard 200 chart selling about 92,000 copies in its first week and an additional 52,000 copies in its second week.

"The songs are very inspired by the last three years of events in my life," Crow said of a time that found her battling breast cancer and splitting with partner Lace Armstrong.

Sheryl Suzanne Crow was born on February 11, 1962. She is a American singer-songwrite and musician. He music varys from rock, pop, country, folk and blues. Sheryl has won 9 grammy awards. She has preformed with the Rolling Stones, and has sang duets with Mick Jagger, Michael Jackson, Eric Clapton and Kid Rock.

Some pictures!

Thats her!

Article posted October 7, 2008 at 12:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 36

Here are five links to my favorite bands/artists websites so you can check them out on your own before I start to talk about them.

www.vanessacarlton.com/

^ Vanessa Carlton

www.boyslikegirls.com/

^ Boys Like Girls

www.paramore.net/

^ Paramore

www.sherylcrow.com/

^ sheryl Crow

www.metrostationmusic.com/

^ Metro Station

This is my first my first blog. This blog will be about Music. I will show you some of the music I like. In this blog you will be given some information about certain bands our artists, and links to there websites or sites where there music is. You should come back to this blog because there will be very use full information. It will be updated often. I will give you a variety of bands and where you can find them when the come to a town near you! The benefits of this blog are you will get so much information about artists and songs. Also there will be links here to where concerts are and links to getting tickets! :]

hello my name is natalie i am a student in the mid west. I am in a blogging class and this is my fist blog. I chose the topic music to write about. I love music so much! And I love looking up new bands and artists. This blog will be full of information for the true music lover!