Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by E

teacher: Mr. Rezac

Title: Writing Post #4 (09/29/08)
Description: This blog article will be a review of your subjects products or services. Music? Review and album. Food, review a cooking show, or a dish at a restaurant. Movie?

This article should be at least 3 paragraphs long. Keep in mind that you're trying to convince our readers in California about these products or services, so you need to really persuade these folks.

Add a link to the product or service, where they can learn more about it, or even purchase it if they like.

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:24 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 307

Hellboy 2, The Golden Army was one of the best movies I've seen this year. It takes place after the first one when a scientist and a group of soldiers during World War 2 against Germany discovered that they were conducting experiments to bring about a great evil to destroy the world. They stopped them and in the process found a creature who they codenamed Hellboy who stayed under the care of the scientist. When the man who was incharge of the project was resurected, he tried to use Hellboy to finish his work because he was the key to the great evil.

After stopping him, he went back to his old carrear of hunting down and destroying rouge mythical creatures with his friend Abe, an aquatic fish like creature who is very intelligent, and his girl Liz who has the power to summon fire. In the new movie, the trio trying to take down the ancient golden army, witch was said to be indestructable as they all soon found out. The sequal has way more action in it then the one before it and in my opinion, has a better plot with what the elf prince wants. Both though were still pretty good.

I think that Hellboy 2 was a great movie, better then the first one. I give it nine out of ten overall because the story was a very good idea. It almost reminded me of an old story I heard of about a battle. I recommend that you see it because every part kept me on the edge of my seat.

A movie that I saw was Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. In my opinion it was okay. If you like music "love" stories i would say to go see it. It it for teens and maybe young adults. This movie is mostly about Nick and his break up with a girl and then he meets Norah. There both in love with a band called Where's Fluffy. They spend most of the night together looking for Norah's friend. They find her eventually but they also find where's fluffy. This movies does have some content that is not appropriate for certain ages. Like all love stories Nick and Norah start dating. But then Nick's ex-girlfriend comes back to see him. But thankfully he walk's away and go to find Norah and they are together forever. To me this was an 8 out of 10 kind of movie, only because in the beginning it was kind of boring. But after a while it got better and better. So in my opinion i say you should go see it. If you have questions about it you can ask me. If you do go to see it comment me and tell me what you thought about it, and give me a rate from 1 to 10. 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. I have seen this movie twice and it was again really good. Going to see it a second time it was better and I noticed more stuff the second time then seeing it the first. So like I have said before go see it and tell me what you think.

Do you love Mexican Bean dip? I know I do! Mexican Bean dip is a layered chip-dip that includes refried beans,sour cream, lettuce,tomatoes,olives and mexican spices. The flavors are so spicy and go so well together. It is the most delicious dip I have tried and I'd like to share the recipe with you so that you too can try this authentic dip.

Ingredients:

1 can (15-1/2 oz. size) refried black beans

1 tablespoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 cup sour cream

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 tomato, chopped

1/3 cup sliced green onions

sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)

It's also great for parties and get-togethers. Try it if you like trying new and interesting food. You can by all of the ingredients at any local grocery store.

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:19 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 70

This band is amazing. I think its amazing because the lyrics are great and their songs are wonderful. If you like bands that change its type of music sometimes then you will absolutely love "Anberlin". They have a couple of albums out right now full of great songs.Those albums are "cities""The Feel Good Drag""Never Take Friendship Personal""Lost Songs""Blueprints for the Black Market" and last but most likely not least their new album that is coming out on September 30 "New Surrender". They actually have meaning to their music and don't swear every 5 seconds. For some songs you may be able to relate to as well. Anberlin is just such an exciting band full of stories within the songs or may get you to want to make perhaps your own band. You should check out some of their music videos at  www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUfVS1WOxg . There is so much more for me to say but not enough time so until my next article and music information have a great time listening to Anberlin.

This is my first reveiw of movies so bear with me.

Movie: The Sandlot

Rating: ='http://

Review:

The Sandlot was such a great movie for me when i was a kid and still today it is one of my favorites. The Sandlot is a story of a group of neighborhood kids that always play baseball on a sandlot field. When a new kid comes into the neighborhood, they accept himin at first, but re still a little uneasy about him. The new kid was reluctantly named Smalls by the group and became one of them. One day when the kids run out of baseballs, Smalls takes his step dad's, Babe Ruth signed ball, to play with on the field. But when Alex hits a homerun over the fence to the crazy neighbors yard with the huge dog, there in for some trouble trying to get it back.

I personally think this was a very good movie that shows love, friendship, and happiness between the characters. I gave this movie 5 stars because it was such a classic through the years and stayed an amazing movie is just incredible. It is still one of my favorite movies today because of the fun things they do and the cool adventures they have.

If anyone has any suggestions on the next movie just leave a comment and i will probably review it, with some links maybe.

Here is a like to buy a copy of The Sandlot

http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=D31302++

Over the summer my friend and I went the go see a band called Paramore. This was live at summer fest and it was amazing. We found people who go to school with us were there and they were very nice to let us be with them in front row.

When the band finally got on stage everyone was going crazy. It was so weird to see pictures of he band all the time and them to see them in person right there was amazing.

When they started playing they were awesome! They played great they sang amazing and it was so cool to be there. And for the encore they played of course misery business! I would defiantly see them again.

Recently I watched a show called Dogtown on the National Geographic Channel. Its a wonderful show about vets saving dogs' lives.There are new episodes of Dogtown every Friday night at 9pm. All the dogs on the show are so cute, but its very sad to see them injured.But it made me happy again to see the vets cure all the doggies.

The show is mostly about people searching for abuse dogs and finding a way to help the dogs live better. Usually the dogs were living in deathly conditions. Those dogs will be sent  professional vets to make sure they are back to healthy condition.

Located on 3,000 acres of canyon country in southern Utah, the Best Friends sanctuary is one of the largest and no doubt the most beautifully located no-kill animal facilities; Dogtown is its canine program. For the past two years, "DogTown" the show has chronicled the staff as it healed and trained various ill, hurt, abused, abandoned and behavior-issue-plagued dogs.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/dogtown

Image: Polly, a puppy rescued on an Indian reservation, plays in her penhttp://channel.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGC/StaticFiles/Series/Dogtown/Images/overview-dogtown.jpg

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:18 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 66

Escape the fate is coming out with a new cd This War Is Ours. Escape the Fate has been through a lot of problems since this last year. First off, Ronnie Radke got arrested and is out of the band. That means Craig Mabbit ( the new lead singer) has to take over. Craig is from blessthefall.

Escape the Fates new cd is suppose to be the biggest yet. They got really famous off there top song Situations as seen on youtube. Escape the Fate already has realesed The Flood, there fifth song off there new album. Escape the Fate is there own type off music. "It’s been kind of crazy for Escape the Fate co-founder Max Green lately. The 24-year-old bassist has only been back in town for a couple of days and he’s already been swept up by the storm that is Ronnie Radke, his once best friend." Says LasVegasWeekly. 

There new cd, The War Is Ours, comes out October 21. It is a 11 song set. Featuring We Won't Back Down, On To The Next One, Ashley, Something, The Flood, Let It Go, You Are So Beautiful, This War is Ours, 10 Miles Wide, Harder Than You Know, It's Just Me. I've Been an big ETF fan but this cd totally opens me up to them.

If you would like to learn more click here --> www.escapethefate.net

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:22 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

This is the one college that I really like because it has a really good undergraduate business school called Wharton. Under the Us news college review it is ranked number 6 in the entire country. It is a very nice Ivy League School. The university is close to Philadelphia and has a historic tradition of being on the cutting edge of technology. They have 12 graduate and undergraduate schools. There are The Wharton School of Business, School of Nursing, The School of Arts and Sciences, Graduate School of Education, Law School, School of Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine and the Annenburg School for Communication. All of these schools are ranked within the 10 ten of schools of their fields. The campus has many new and historic buildings. The campus schools are within walking distance of each other and the overall campus has many nice landscape features. Because it is in Philadelphia it offers a wide variety of thing to do such as a vibrant party scene, a large library and many interesting tourist destinations. There are 11 college houses at Penn some are the traditional dorms, while other offer apartment style living. This is a really nice college because it really teaches you how to balance work and play in one of the best university's' in the world.

The education in college is really your main focus when choosing a school, because of this University of Pennslyvania really stands out among the rest in undergraduate education. For example the University of Pennslyvania's Wharton school of business is arguably the best undergrad business in the US. For more information on Wharton click on this Link. This school specializes in Finance and other business functions. If your interested in engineering this school has a great. Here is a link for its engineering program.Link. This is a really great school for what ever you are looking to do in life so I suggest that you look around on the website to see what you want to do first.

You may be wondering what the housing situation is at The University of Pennslyvania. When applying to Penn. you have two options you can choose to live in the conventional style dorm or apartment living. Apartment living is were you have a kitchen in your room so it makes it feel like your in an apartment. All of the houses at Penn. have really great activities and things to do. Here is a link for the Penn housing page. Link. If you look around it is really neat how they give you all the information so your never in the dark. The housing board has a youtube account to show you around the dorms in the different houses. Here is a link for that. Link. They have preety good food anyway if you can't cook. Also, if you don't like the cafeteria food you could always go into the city and grab some food there. It also has a great sports program for those who love to play. Finally, the campus has many social gatherings along with students relaxing between classes. At Penn. there is always something to talk to.

The United States Army is a military organization whose primary mission is to "provide necessary forces and capabilities … in support of the National Security and Defense Strategies."

It is the largest and oldest established branch of the armed forces of  the United States. Like all armies, its primary responsibility was for land-based military operations. The modern Army has its roots in the Continental Army which was formed on June 14, 1775, before the establishment of the United States, to meet the demands of the Revolutionary War. Congress created the United States Army on June 14,1784 after the end of the war to replace the disbanded Continental Army. 

As of July 31st, 2008, the Regular Army reported a strength of 538,128 soldiers, the Army National Guard(ARNG) reported 350,000 and the United States Army Reserve (USAR) reported 189,000, putting the approximate combined total at around 1,077,000 soldiers.

The training in the US Army is basically 9 weeks for Basic Combat Training, but if you wish to specialize in one category, such as being an Army Ranger, training is extended as needed. Soldiers are primarily equipped with the M16 series assault rifle or the M4 carbine, and they can attach the M203 grenade launcher for extra fire power and the M9 bayonet for close quarters combat. In addition to these, there are many other firearms for specialized units.

The Army was formed to protect the rights of the people and that can be seen in their rigorous disciplinary measures. It also shows itself in their code of honor

In the mid- to late 1990s, the Army officially adopted what have come to be known as "The 7 Army Core Values." The Army began to teach these values as basic  traits of soldiers. The seven Army Core Values are as follows:

1. Loyalty - Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army, your unit, and fellow Soldiers.

2. Duty - Fulfill your obligations.

3. Respect - Treat others as they should be treated.

4. Selfless Service - Put the welfare of the nation, the Army, and your subordinates before your own.

5. Honor - Live the Army Values.

6. Integrity - Do what's right, both legally and morally.

7. Personal Courage - Face fear, danger, or adversity, both physical and moral.

The US Army was formed to protect the people and it is run by the people and always will be. Its troops are well trained to protect the oppressed and they uphold strict codes of discipline. Just look at their motto. "This We'll Defend."

For a video on the Army's basic training process, click here.

Photo Courtesy of http://www.motherjones.com/

Sources- http://www.history.army.mil/faq/birth.htm

http://www.army.mil/

http://www.army.mil/factfiles/equipment/individual/m4.html

www.history.army.mil/lc/The%20Mission/the_seven_army_values.htm

Article posted September 30, 2008 at 02:54 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 55

For my review i decided to do the album a Twist in my Story by Secondhand Serenade.This album includes songs: 

Like a knife

Fall for You

Maybe

Strange

Your call

Suppose

a Twist in my Story

Why?

Stay close, dont go

Pretend

goodbye

Heres my review,

link

Wow, there’s so much to say about this album! This man is one of the most powerful songwriters of the age in my opinion. He makes you really think about the lyrics. When he writes it’s all about love, and getting your heartbroken. Probably everyone can relate to at least one of his songs. He definitely knows how to put his heart into a song. His genre is usually acoustic guitar, a piano, his beautiful voice, and sometimes drums. He is a very skilled musician, and knows how to make a song meaningful. My personal favorite on the album is like a knife because the lyrics are so beautiful and perfect. 

I think its about someone leaving another person, and them left all alone. He makes people get into the song and understand what’s going on. Any good writer can write something and have you know what’s giong on and that’s what he does. Another song I liked was your call. I loved this song because it was so powerful with the meaning, it was soo cute, but kind of sad at the same time.

I would recommend this album to everyone because it can relate to all people. The song may be sad but you’ll still want to listen to it. It is easy listening, just a guy with a piano or guitar. Simple, but beautiful. So next time you have little money and your in the mood to listen to something meaniingful and beautiful buy Secondhand Serenade’s cd A Twist in my Story. One of the best cd’s out on the market these days. Pick up a copy! Heres where you can pick up a copy:

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 04:34 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 62

Soccer effects students learning positively. They are getting actively involved with Acedemics. They are getting blood pumping to the brain which in turn has the students knowledge at a higher level than without soccer or being active.

Soccer is very important, it works the whole body, getting more blood flow to the brain, and the knowledge level increases. Soccer is a very important sport to have in a child's life.

Also soccer keeps kids or even adults fit and healthy. Which in schools, they are trying to teach students how important being healthy really is. Soccer does that without putting the pressure on kids that they HAVE to eat healthy and they HAVE to exercise. It is a fun way to get fit and stay healthy. Once again. Soccer is a very important thing/ sport to have in a child's life, "Without it you should probably just give up trying to force health and fitness down these poor children's throats," says John Clelnine, a soccer player and fitness instructor.