Copyright (c) 2014 by S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
S -- Blogmeister

Music Movies and Interesting Facts

Eighth Grade Bloggerinos

This eighth grade class is using the most modern medium and transferring our writing skills from the classroom to a public forum- the blog. They've created blogs that are based in topics that they have chosen, and are given a weekly prompt designed to view their subject in a new and unique way.

by S

teacher: Mr. Rezac

Anything 11/03/08
Top Ten 10/28/08
More Embededness 10/23/08
Embeded 10/22/08
Why Come to This Blog? 09/19/08

Getting an opportunity to create a blog under any topic I want, is extremely special and rare. It would be easy if I knew exactly what topic I wanted to talk about. But let's just go with this;

I am currently reading a book titled The Last Lecture. This story is about a middle aged colege professor (Randy Pausch) who is diagnosed with Pancriatic Cancer, and is determined to give one more lecture to his students and community before he dies. If you are not aware, very few people survive when diagnosed with this specific type of cancer. It is usually a death sentance. The author of the book is no different and is told by his doctors that he only has about six months of good health left. The author is married, and has three children, ages five, three, and one. Which to me brings up these questions; Would you want to know how much time you have left? AND What would you do if you knew you only had six months to live?  Personally, I think there are pros and cons to these questions.

Sure, you may have time to arrange your funeral yourself, and visit and say goodbye to everybody one last time-But would you really want your family to suffer knowing your gonna go in a matter of months? It is a scary topic and I could never imagine being thrown into a situation like that. What would you do?

[LINK]

My Top Ten favorite Songs. Even if you haven't heard some of these, check some of them out using the link at the bottom of the page.

1.White Houses,Vanessa Carlton-My favorite because of the story behind the song, and the piano melody is the best I've ever heard.

2.Eyes Wide Open,The Goo-Goo Dolls-Even though this song is considered "old", and nobody under the age of 20 cares about this band, it's still a great song with unreal lyrics, and The Goo Goo Dolls are still sweet.

3.How Far We've Come,Matchbox Twenty-This is one of my favorites because i saw them live in February at the Sears Center and this was their opening song. IT WAS AMAZING.

4.Stay Beautiful,The Last Goodnight-Amazing melody,

5.Shattered,O.A.R-Great Piano melody, just an amazing song.

6.Love Remains The Same-Gavin Rossdale-It seems sad but it's deeper than just what seems like a sad tune.

7.Disturbia,Rihanna-How can you not get this song stuck in your head?

8.Misery Business,Paramore-Great Lyrics+Great Band=Great Song.[[bum bum bee dum bum bum dee bum bum...]]

9.I'm Yours,Jason Mraz-I chose this song because it has heartwarming lyrics, and it has a catchy tune.

10.Angel,Natasha Bedingfield-I Chose this one because it's a great song and video, and right now it's defiantly one of my favorite songs.

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 02:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

Seventeen Gain Starring Zach Efron. Watch this wildcat persue a more mature role in his new film.

Gabcast! Rezac's Collaborations #43

I Learned How to Embed Today!!

The text below is a A short movie that shows how the President is elected. It is sort of off topic from my blog, but the election is next month and the economy has gone crazy. So maybe, the movie will help you understand how our country decides who the next president will be. Maybe it will make you think about which states are the most important during an election. Is the state you are living large and important?

Article posted September 19, 2008 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 72

You should come to this blog because it has so much to offer. I am absolutely insane about music and even though I may not be into the type of music you listen to, give me your opinion on what type I should start listening to. Right now I would have to say that I'll listen to basically anything that sounds good, has a good beat, and is so catchy that you can't help but to get it stuck your head. I also like to know what is going on in the daily news (current events) and how it effects the community and the world. I normally go and see a movie at the theater about every other week so I will defiantly give my opinion on movies as well.

You should come BACK to this blog because it is unique, interesting, and it draws you into its topics. My opinion is important because you may disagree with me and you may offer me your own opinion.

I'm a student who is blogging for the first time in a class I take at school.