Have you ever wanted to start a corporation to sell shares in your business?  If not, do you know how?  Well, first you have to go to the state capitol to get a corporation charter and permit.  Next, you have to go to an investment banker and show him the record of your company what you plan to do with the money and he will hopefully help you.  Before you can sell shares you have to go to Washington D.C. to swear that the papers have nothing but the truth.  Then, the investment banker gives you the money you want for a number of shares.  Finally, you can sell your shares for your business!

My friend, Sebastian, is an inspiration to me because he stood up for what he believed in, even in times of grave danger. He taught me that you should stand up for what you believe in, despite possible consequences. He also taught me to always believe in God, no matter what the circumstances. Sebastian and I were friends since birth. We grew up together and we did everything together. Now he is gone, but he would want me to tell you about his life. Sebastian was born in Narbonne, Gaul in 256, but later moved to Italy. He was unfortunately killed a few years ago in 286. He was killed for trying to spread the faith of God. He was a very strong man, both physically and spiritually. Sebastian did so many great things in his life time. He was the bravest, kindest person that I ever knew.

I believe Sebastian became a soldier in the Roman army in 283. This was also the time when Diocletian, the Roman Emperor at the time, put all of the Christians in prison. At the time not many people knew Sebastian was a Christian, including Diocletian. I knew he was, but I didn’t tell anyone because I didn’t want to get him in trouble with Diocletian and be a prisoner like I was. While a soldier working for Diocletian, Sebastian encouraged all of the prisoners to remain firm in their faith and to not give up on God. Sebastian helped many people convert, including Nicostratus, who was in charge of the prisoners, and his wife Zoe, who Sebastian cured of deafness. He also converted Chromatius, who was the Prefect of Rome and controlled the prisons. Later Chromatius then let all of the prisoners free, a bold act of his faith.

After all of these incidents, Diocletian concluded that Sebastian was a Christian. He was furious! I was scared that they were going to do something terrible to him, and maybe even kill him; and kill him they did. They tied him to a tree with no clothes on except a cloth around his waist. Then, archers of Diocletian shot Sebastian with arrows in an attempt to kill him. At least, that’s what they thought. That’s what we all thought. I mean, how can you endure so many arrows and live? It just wasn’t possible, but somehow when Irene of Rome came to recover Sebastian’s body, she found that he was still alive. So Irene nursed him back to health in her home. When he recovered, Sebastian went to Diocletian and started to scold him about his anti-Christian ways. That was probably the gutsiest thing a person could ever do, especially after being executed. Diocletian was very surprised to see that Sebastian was alive, but after recovering from the shock of Sebastian’s survival, Diocletian again called for him to be put to death. This time, he had Sebastian beaten to death with clubs, and this time they made sure he was dead. Sebastian was my best friend and he won’t be remembered as just some guy, he will be remembered as the hero who fought for what he thought was right, the legend who lived through an execution and then wasn’t afraid to go back to fight again. Sebastian will always be remembered as a saint.

Postscript

I have picked Saint Sebastian as the Saint I wish to choose for Confirmation. I chose this saint because Sebastian is the patron saint of athletes and I love sports and I am good at them. I also chose him because he did so many courageous things in his life. The image at the right is Saint Sebastian being shot by soldiers with arrows.  The name I wish to be called at Confirmation is Sebastian.

Image Credit:
Saint Sebastian 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Sebastian

In 2000, 189 leaders from different countries met in New York.  They discussed the major problems around the world.  During the meeting they created the MDGs (Millenium Development Goals).  These goals were meant to solve these issues.  

These leaders made eight of these MDGs.  Some of the MDGs were eradicate extreme hunger and poverty, achieve universal primary education, promote gender equality and empower women, and reduce child mortality.  The rest of them are to improve maternal health, combat HIV/Aids, malaria and other diseases, ensure enviromental sustainability, and develop a global partnership for development.      

One of the goals has made a step forward recently.  It was the "combat HIV/Aids, malaria and other disease" goal.  On October 25, 2011, UN invited young people to create it's HIV/Aids strategy through social media.

Hello bloggers! This is my first blog of the 2010 school year!  I am really excited for this school year!  We are going to do so many fun things!  My goal this year is to get all high honors ieverything.  I am participating in the Bloggers' Challenge this year.  I have created an awesome Wordle.  Let's see if you can figure what the main topic is.  

Article posted May 18, 2010 at 04:30 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 56

Hello people of Earth!  I have done a glog about The First Crusade.  I like glogs because they save the Earth.  I enjoyed making this glog.  Check out The First Crusade glog full size at edu.glogster.com. 

There are a lot of bad people on the internet.  Here are some tips to keep you safe.  1. Don't give out any personal information.  2. If you get a mean email or text show it to your parents and don't email or text back.  3. When your online shopping make sure someone bad isn't trying to get your social secruity number.  4. If a box pops up on your page that says your a winner of something don't click on it, it could lead to a bad site.  5. Don't post any pictures that could lead someone on Facebook or a blog.  6. Don't cyberbully because it's just like regular bullying.  7. If your in a chat room with someone you don't know don't give them any personal information.  8. If someone sends you a bad email print it out and them delete it.  9.  Don't put any personal information in your username.  10. Don't give anyone your password to anywhere.  There a lot of bad people out there, just follow these tips and you'll be fine.

My school has a bunch of fun stuff to do.  The lunch is really good.  My favorite foods are the chicken burrito and the tacos.  I really like gym, we do a lot of fun games.  I really like reccess, I like playing with my friends.  We play two-hand touch football and tag.  Everything about my school is fun and awesome!

Over the weekend I learned about a very inspiring person.  His name is Michael Oher.  If you have read the book or seen the movie " The Blind Side " then you will know what I'm talking about.  He went through so much and know he is in the NFL, on the Baltimore Ravens.  He was a homeless boy who was found on the street one day by a family who eventually adopted him.  Now they love him.  If have not seen the movie or read the book you really should.  He is the most inspiring person I know.

Count Out 1 - The first blog I went to was Mrs. Norton' s blog called Glob.  She teaches fifth and sixth graders in Australia.  Count Out 2 - From Mrs. Norton's blog I went to Mrs.Coates' blog which is called The Coat Hanger.  She teaches fifth and sixth graders in Australia.  Count Out 3 - From there I went to one of Mrs. Coates' student's blogs called The K Monster.  I chose to comment on his blog, Basketball:  Hey K Monster.  I like basketball too but, it's my second favorite sport.  My favorite player is Chris Paul, he's on the New Orleans Hornets, but my favorite team is the Philadelphia 76ers.  I hope you keep enjoying it because I know I am!

Article posted November 20, 2009 at 03:18 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 51

If I were an animal I would an eagle.  I would just love to soar through the sky.  I would be the king of the sky like the lion is the king of the jungle.  I would be a rare bird.  I would have beautiful brown fur on my body and lovely white fur on my head.  I have a beautiful yellow beak and sharp claws. 

I would go everywhere in the world!  I would be one of the icons of the United States.  I would fly out of this country to explore.  I would meet up with other birds and communicate.  It would be so fun!