Copyright (c) 2014 by Fiver Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Fiver -- Blogmeister

2008-2009

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Fiver

teacher: Michael La Marr

The field trip to Westminster Woods was one the best field trips in my entire life! I had been waiting for this trip ever since second grade, and I was filled with dread that for some reason, I wouldn’t be able to go. Luckily, my parents let me go, and I had the time of my life. I had many favorite parts.
My favorite part of Westminster Woods was by far the tide pools. I loved seeing all of the amazing animals! The gumboot chiton was extremely interesting. I loved seeing all of its body parts! I also liked the sea anemones and found that it was interesting that their tentacles were so sticky. I also liked the gigantic kelp crab that Lupine found. It is amazing how these animals have adapted to all live in such a small space.
The recreation time at Westminster Woods was awesome. You wouldn’t believe what we got to do! We got to wrestle Mr.LaMarr on the cargo net! It was awesome! It was complete chaos! Since boys are so pugnacious, we had the best time! We just went flying into and onto other people! It was one of the most fun times I have had in my entire life! When I am old and I am retelling Westminster Woods to my grandchildren, I will tell them about the cargo net the most.
What I liked about Armstrong Redwoods was not the animal life, although we did see a pretty cool raven, but the plant life. It was amazing that a living redwood could be so huge! My instructional group saw a tree that just boggled me. It was over 300 feet tall! It was amazing to think about how many historical events that tree had lived through and how incredibly old it was.
I was very impressed that the food was so good in Westminster Woods. It was almost as good as my mom’s cooking, and the desserts where even better! I also liked the Garbology program. It taught me a lot about not wasting food. It was fun to try to conquer our previous record and see how little the class could waste.
I really had the time of my life in Westminster Woods and I hope that someday I could come back to the camp among the redwoods.

Article posted March 30, 2009 at 01:23 PM • comment • Reads 63 • see all articles