Copyright (c) 2014 by Fred Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Fred -- Blogmeister

2008-2009

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Fred

teacher: Michael La Marr

Westminster Woods

I had a blast at Westminster Woods! There were so many fun things to do and explore. My favorite recreation pastime was fighting on the cargo net. That is my favorite thing to do because I think it is fun to dive over people, jump at people, and get thrown across the net by my teacher! The next best activity on my list was hiking! The landscape was so beautiful. Some of it was breathtaking. Most of the trees were massively tall.

I did not mind kitchen prep even though it took 10 minutes off our recreation. I think they had decent quality food. I liked the variety of food that they served. I liked that they used trivia questions to decide who took the plates. That strategy reduced the number of arguments and saved time.

Tide pooling was my favorite educational activity. There were so many interesting creatures to see and touch. My favorite was the kelp crab. It was so cool to watch how flexible it was. The naturalists took us to all sorts of awesome places.

Overall the trip was great! I feel lucky that I got to go. It would be worth going to Westmininster Woods again with my family. That is my idea of paradise. Thank you Westminster Woods staff. I really enjoyed seeing Nature at Camp.

BY: Fred

Our trip to Golden Gulch was somewhat easy. Our oxen had plenty of grass to eat. There were big puddles of water, but it tasted bad. Luckily, we had raw potatoes to suck on. Our oxen moved fast because of all the grass, and we made it to California. On top of that, we found this nice, little gold field with only one other group of miners! They called it Golden Gulch. This whole thing only cost forty eight gold nuggets. That sounds like a lot, but some mining teams had to pay 100 gold nuggets. It pays off to spend a little more money for good quality products. Our journey was pretty safe. Our oxen did not die, and we did not get sick. So I am glad we chose the trip we took. Now I believe we will get rich, but we will have to pay some money for supplies and other uses.

Fred

Article posted October 21, 2008 at 09:09 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 38

Timothy’s death was the sweetest, yet saddest part of the book The Cay by Theodore Taylor. I find it very touching that Timothy would sacrifice his own life for Phillip, this little kid who did nothing to deserve all the help and love Timothy provided. I know Timothy was killed for a reason. That reason was to see if Phillip could survive on his own. Still, I think Theodore Taylor should not have killed him; it would have been better if Timothy had been injured, but not dead. If that chapter made me sad, just think how sad Phillip must have been. I wonder, since Timothy is a spirit now, if he is going to fly away from the cay, or stay there. Anyway, even though it was sweet, it still made me very, very, very, (you get the idea) sad. I think that Timothy would have been very happy to see Phillip get rescued, even if he did not get off the cay himself. He is nice that way.

by : Fred