Copyright (c) 2014 by Lucario Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Lucario -- Blogmeister

About Lucario-

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Lucario teacher: Michael La Marr

The Phantom Tollbooth

By Lucario(Tylor)

I think the theme for the book The Phantom Tollbooth is about having an open mind so you can let in new thoughts and move farther in life with good knowledge. If you don’t have an open mind you can’t let in new thoughts and you can’t move ahead in life with bankrupt intellect. I think Norton Juster wrote The Phantom Tollbooth to get kids across the world to get motivated to learn all the wonderful things in the world. I think the main message for the The Phantom Tollbooth is about learning new things with open minds can make a better future. Like Rhyme and Reason said, learning new lessons and learning how to use them is an important lesson. Before Milo got the phantom tollbooth, he was a dull and boring boy. Once Milo was in the tollbooth, his journeys through the adventerous lands helped him learn many important lessons. After Milo finished the trip, courtesy of the Phantom Tollbooth, he thought there were so many things to do in his bedroom already. I think the theme of this book is about having an open mind to let in new thoughts which will move you farther in life.

Tylor’s Awsome Trip to WESTMINISTER WOODS! By Lucario My favorite activity during recreation at Westminister Woods was the cargo net. I loved the cargo net because Mr. La Marr threw everyone into one pile of people. I still have six bruises from the cargo net, and they are swollen. The cargo net is what I could say is the most fun part in my entire life of playing. My favorite trip during the week was the trip to Salt Point. My naturalist was Ocean. When got down into the tide pools we saw California mussels and gooseneck barnacles. We saw a green sea anemone . I touched the tentacles and they were moderately sticky. They weren’t strong enough to pull my hand. I guess I could say I was tantalizing it with my fingers. Then I started walking through the water to Mr. Carroll He was holding a huge gumboot chiton. Then Christian and I found a type of kelp that looked like huge strips of noodle. Christian picked up a huge one and started pretending to shoot me like the kelp was a machine gun. Then Christian, Mason, and I were going on a group tide pool hunt for more creatures. After about an hour we split up. I started walking over to Lupine, another naturalist. When I got to him I saw something black and green in the water, and it looked like a water snake. The figure swam away. Then Lupine told me it was a gunnel which was sort of like an eel. He told me they were really slippery, and he would be way more than happy if he caught one because they were rare. Then we ate lunch on top of the sandstone cliffs. Close to the end of lunch a seagull landed about about 3 feet away from me. Then my naturalist, Ocean, started talking about tectonic plates. The tide pools were very interesting and fun. I learned a lot about the creatures of the ocean. I loved the tide pools and I want to go back. The view was pretty cool, and there were mussels anywhere you looked. My favorite fact I learned at Westminister Woods was that I never knew that sea anemones had acid inside their stomachs. When I am old and gray I will remember the cargo net from Westminister Woods and how Mr. La Marr threw me over his head and pulled me back up. My trip to Westminister Woods was the greatest field trip in my life so far.

The Terrible Wave By Lucario The Golden Bears During the Johnstown Flood, Megan Maxwell was experiencing a nightmare world. Marden Dalhstet wrote two quotes describing the nightmare world Megan was experiencing during her time on the mattress that I thought were very descriptive “The trunk of a giant tree came rushing past, its roots waving above the water like a hundred searching fingers.” It sounds like the tree roots are looking for Megan. I can’t imagine 100 tree roots searching for somebody. It also sounds like the tree was trying grab Megan and strangle her to death. Here is another quote that Marden Dalhstet wrote describing the nightmare world Megan was experiencing: “It snagged the horse’s body, and together they spun off down the rushing current, the horse bobbing up and down like a grotesque toy.” This quote sounds like it’s the end of the world. The tree grabbed the horse’s body like it was sacred and the tree killed itself to protect the horse. Marden Dahlstelt is a great author. She has descriptive writing all over her book leaving clues for the reader to think about and predict what will happen next in the story about Johnstown.

My amazing Field Trip to Coloma By Lucario The Golden Bears My field trip to Coloma was exciting. It was our first field trip of the year. Once we arrived at Coloma we looked at a replica of Sutter’s sawmill. Then we did a scavenger hunt around Coloma. My team and I were answering about the Gold Rush. Then we went on a hike to the American River where James Marshall actually built the sawmill. When we came back to the parking lot Mr.Lamarr started giving a speech about racial prejudice during the gold rush about non-white miners.

Chinese miners were beaten and had their homes destroyed. Then my class went on a scavenger hunt around Coloma. After that we ate lunch. At the end of lunch Peter had jelly doughnuts ready for his birthday. I dripped down all the jelly from the doughnut all over my mouth.Eating the doughnuts was my favorite part of the whole field trip. We went on a hike up a mountain. On the way we saw graves of miners that have died from mining. When we reached the top of the mountain we saw a 20 feet tall monument of James Marshall. Mr.Lamarr gave another speech. Then we went all the way down the mountain to the American River. Mr. Lamarr gave us a panning lesson. Then the class started panning for 30 minutes. Finally we went back to school. I went to Bridges with Richard when we arrived at school.

The Golden Bear’s Journey to Golden Gulch by Lucario The Golden Bears When President Polk announced that there really was gold in California we decided to go there. When we started traveling to California from Boston we had a dreadful consequence because we left too early. All the grass had been covered up by the snow. My mining team’s second consequence was when the Golden Princess crashed in Cape Horn. We fell in the water with The Four Mighty Miners around Cape Horn. They were riding a ship around Cape Horn until they crashed into shore. Then we crashed into the shore also on the Golden Princess Our last try was lucky because we made it to Golden Gulch by overland travel. My mining team had to spend 136 gold nuggets just to get to get to Golden Gulch, but it was worth it. We were the second to the last team to make it to Golden Gulch. I think we will get a lot of gold nuggets. I feel like my team has a chance of finding tons of gold nuggets by the end of the Gold Rush. The End

Article posted October 16, 2008 at 05:23 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 47

The Cay Blog by Lucario Timothy died from a hurricane in chapter 15 and Phillip was mad at Timothy for not taking Phillip with him. Timothy gave up his life to protect Phillip from the hurricane. Phillip’s only companion was Stew Cat. Phillip was alone on a forgotten cay in the “Devil’s Mouth” with Stew Cat. Theodore Taylor should have killed Timothy to show a heroic death. I think that because a black man saved a white boy from a hurricane, then that means that black people aren’t as bad as white people. The author also shouldn’t have killed Timothy because Phillip could’ve never been saved from the “Devil’s Mouth.” I think Theodore Taylor killed Timothy to make Phillip survive with the survival skills Timothy taught Phillip. It was a big impression to Phillip for Timothy to die and leave Phillip with Stew Cat in the “Devil’s Mouth’’. The ‘’Devil’s Mouth’’ is a place where storms occur often. That is why Phillip might not have been rescued from the “Devil’s Mouth.” My impressions are that why would Timothy give up his life to save Phillip? Timothy died badly just to save Phillip, a boy who did nothing to deserve to be saved from a hurricane.I think that when Timothy died to save Phillip he saved Phillip because Phillip wasn’t prejudice anymore. Timothy slapped Phillip which knocked the prejudice out of Phillip. I loved the book The Cay. The End

I live in Arden Park. My favorite hobby is reading, swimming, and playing video games. My favorite game is Patapon.