Copyright (c) 2014 by AJ Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AJ -- Blogmeister

AJ's Super Blog Story

0809

by AJ

Title: Straight A's or Dandy D's (02/09/09)
Description: In The Report Card, by Andrew Clements, the main character Nora feels that grades on a report card are not important and shouldn’t be worried about. Do you think that grades on a report card are important? Why or why not? If you were in charge of grading students, what would you do? Is there another way that you could let students know how they are doing?
You may also add any other information that you would like.

Also, you can comment on blog entries of other students in our classroom or in classrooms that we are sharing with.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

I do think that grades on a report card are important because if you get good grades you will get a good grade and you might get a good job. If I were in charge of students grades I would give them the grades they diserved. What I would do to let them know how there doing is I would tell them your doing good and that will give them a hint.

Article posted February 13, 2009 at 03:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

I think report card grades are not that important because they just give you an average of how you are doing. I wish every month or so, we could just have a paren't teacher confrence and tell them a basic overview of how the child is doing.

Article posted February 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 39

Do you thing grades are important? I don’t thing they are. If you're wondering why it’s because they don’t make who you are. You might think I’m wrong, but it’s true. No, report card can make who you are. Report cards are a little important because you need to know what you need help with. If I was in charge of grading students I would tell them the truth of what there do and how there do and what they need to improve on. Not in a mean way like you did so bad, or something like that, but like you did good, but you need to work on this and that. I would just like make a face. Like they would know that you did very good, you did a little good, you really need to work on this ect. Well,this is me loging out. Bey Bey!:)

Article posted February 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

1.It is important if you have a report card because if you have a bad grade, it will go on your permanent record.

2.If I were in charge of grading students,I would give the ones that were working hard a A. If there were ones that always fooling around, I would give them a F-.

3.Another way to tell them that they are doing good is by surprising them.

Do you ever think that your grades are what you are? My opinion is No. I think that your grades on your report cards are not who you are because your grades just are grades. Your character is who you are. I would tell them thier grades by asking them what they think what they got. That is what I think if I were a report card grader. Thank you for reading my blog! Michelle :)

Hel-lo I am your writ-er now let’s talk like some-one real. My class is reading The Report Card by Andrew Clements, and the main character, (Nora) is in a school where everyone thinks that your report card tells who you are. I think that report cards are not important, because they’re just pieces of paper that tell you how you’re doing in school. If I were in charge of grading students I would give them the best grade they deserve. There actually would be another way to let kids know how they’re doing. This way is to give them a test on what they learned all week. And now I will say my ending goodbye so, goodbye.

Article posted February 13, 2009 at 01:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

I think the grades on a report card are important because they tell your personality, what your strong in, and what your weak in. They also tell you what you need to improve in and how you are doing in school through out the year. Another way to tell students how they are doing is to talk to them personally as a teacher. If I was in charge of grading students I would give students who work hard A's, but lazy students C's because if hard working students get C's, then it would be like they didn't work at all.

I don't think grades are important because it doesn't mean anything. And it doesn't mean you're smart or dumb. If I graded students, I would grade people by if they worked hard or not. I also would complement people that they are working very hard.

Yes grades are important because it lets you know

how you are doing. If you are doing bad you can get help from a tutor. If I was in charge of grading I would play a game to see what everybody

knew and mark them on their preformance.

Article posted February 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 34

Report cards are more important to parents than to kids. Report Cards just tell how you are doing in different subjects. I think report cards are important. Just because you good in math doesn't mean you are good in everything. Some kids make a big deal about report cards, and some people don't talk about report cards.If I had to grade children in and write report cards, I would just tell them their good subject and their bad subject and forget about the rest. If there was another way to tell them, I would just tell the children and not tell the parents.

Article posted February 10, 2009 at 01:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

Report cards are the only thing that your parents can see other than tests and quizzes. I think that report cards are important because your parents can see how good you are. If I was grading students I would grade them with smiley faces and frowns. Most of the kids would get smiley faces. Another way to let them know how they are doing is by giving them dark or light colored papers. Dark colors mean not too good and light colors mean they are doing great. I hope I get a good grade on my report card.

I think the grades on the report card are important because it shows how you are doing. The teacher grades the students on your tests and your actions. If I was in charge,I would look how they act in class and looking at their test scores. This would help me (the teacher) give out the right grade.

Yes, I think grades on your report card are TOTALLY important. I think this ( I know this ) because if you get bad grades you can get held back and it tells you what you need to practice on. If I was in charge of grading a report card I would meet with the kids during the year and talk with them and tell them what they need to work on. I would give them extra work to help them get better. I would grade the kids in there participation in class and thier homework assignments. The reason why is some kids know the answers to the questions but are to afraid to raise their hands in fear of they are not right. With tests also some kids know the work but when it comes to taking tests they get scared. That is how I would grade a report card.

Article posted February 12, 2009 at 12:31 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 37

I think the grades on your report are inportant.I think there important because if you don"t have a good report you will not get a good scholarship

Report cards are actually important to some, but not to others. Smart kids, I mean super smart, think that report cards don’t matter, because they know they got all good grades. Some other kids, like kids who don’t care about studying, may not even care about report cards. The last few bunch who try their best and are eager to see their efforts on the report card. I, personally think report cards are important because, now, you would know what you need to improve in and what your efforts paid off for. If I were the teacher grading the report cards, I would actually help. Not just sit around and watch the students fail. Not all teachers do this, but very few might. My teacher doesn’t.  I will see a student, find out what subjects they need help in and I would help to find an improvement in the child. I’d be very, very happy if I helped the student to raise his/her grade. Often, kids get disappointed to see their grades and sometimes they are happy- sad because, maybe, they didn’t get good grades and happy because they might have gotten great grades. Anyway, I don’tthink writing some numbers and checks on a paper can make the child understand. Like we have parent- teacher conferences, we should have student- teacher conferences. It sounds silly, but it may be a good idea. The teacher should ask the parents of a student to all come in. There, they can all talk and the teacher can tell the child about his/her grades. Teachers should explain, too, so children won’t be depressed or over-excited, which is also good. But, maybe, this doesn’t work with younger kids, but older grades, sure. Teachers, students, and parents should have times to each other and discuss the way the student is in school (grades, behavior…) This is a great way for students improve in doing what they need help on.

Report cards Don’t Show you Who You Are!

Article posted February 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Good grades are important,but they are not everything.  Some kids know the work but don't do well  on tests.  Some kids do good in test and get lots of A's.  Some kids that get D's have a great personality and do good in life.  The thing that is important  is to do your best.

Article posted February 12, 2009 at 01:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 37

Hi! I think report cards are important, but not THAT important. I think the most important report cards are the first and final report cards. My parents are the ones who really truly care about the report cards. If I could grade report cards, I would let students know how they are doing by giving them tests on each subject each month and give them the results at the end of the month. I could also give them ratings from 0-10. 0 meaning uhh duhh. and 10 meaning GENIUS. What would YOU do? PLEASE comment. PLEASE!

Kayla

Article posted February 12, 2009 at 12:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

I don't think report cards are important because it only tells how smart you are, it doesn't tell if your nice, mean, happy, mad, strict or loose. I would still give students regular grades because they still earned them in school. I would just send their parents a note or conference about how they are doing.

I don't think grades are that important because grades just tell a person how they did in that semester. If I was in charge of grading students I would just do my job and get it over with. Another way to tell the students how they are doing is telling their parents and the parents telling the kids

Grades are very important on a report card because you want to get a good education to get into college. If I was a teacher I would give everyone an F. I would make them work very hard to get an A+. I think it is very exciting to see how good you do on test and reports. Four words " I got an A+".

I think grades on a report card are SOOOOOOOOOO not important. I SOOOOOOOO think this because grades on a report card do not make who you are. If I were in charge of grading students report card I would  give all of the students no report card. I think another way of telling the students  how they are doing is to have a parent teacher conference with the parents.              THE BOOK IS AWESOME=http://

Love,   

Anastasia          

Have you read "The Report Card" by Andrew Clemets? You better have read it because it is a edge of your seat book! In the story Nora has a big problem, a big problem. Too much people make such a big deal with grades. She wants to prove that grades don't define you. If I were Nora, I would be neutral. Grades are good because they help you improve in areas you are pretty weak in. On the other hand, kids will start to brag and will create groups between the smart kids and the dumb kids. If I were the graders for the report cards, I would put on the cards, "Do not show anyone. Do not tell anyone about your grades. We will punnish you if you do." However, I would rather do this if I could, I would talk to parents and they will give the grades to their children at their home.

I am a boy in 4th grade. My name is AJ. My favorite color is gold. In my spare time I like to play halo 3 on my xbox 360 My favorite subject is math. Things I also like to do is do Tae Kwon Do,and play baseball. That's my life.