Copyright (c) 2014 by Luigi2Power Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Luigi2Power -- Blogmeister

Luigi2Power

2009

by Luigi2Power

teacher: Gordon Brune

Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
The sand lot (A) 06/23/09
Want to eat without killing the environment? Then read this! (A) 06/09/09
What is your favorite week day? (WP) 05/29/09
Unusual Friendship (N) 05/29/09
Pet raccon (WP) 05/21/09
The Red Bull Air Race World Championships (N) 05/19/09
Fox gets head stunk in a jar (WP) 05/15/09
What is your favorite sport? (WP) 05/14/09

Title: Writing About The News (N) (01/28/09)
Description: 1. Read a news article linked off our webpage (DogoNews).
2. Think about the news article.
3. In Word, write a brief summary about it. Write your response using details and examples to develop your thinking.
5. Add the URL so others can read the article.
6. Use Kwout to add an image?
7. Reread your writing, and add or change anything to make it even better (editrevise).
8. Save to your userfile folder.
9. Post to your webpage and request publishing.

Article posted September 19, 2008 at 02:49 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 4017

A man named John Peterson made his two kids a tree house. It is a two story tree house. Instead of a rope ladder it has a spiral staircase. John said he got a little carried away with the tree house. But he said it was worth it, and the two kids love it. They say it is so much fun.

I think John did a great job. He must have worked really hard on it. I can’t believe it is a two story tree house.

[LINK]

Zoos adopt Kera as the newest gorilla. They were a little worried about how she would fit in. However, they needn't have worried - In two weeks, Kera has not only adjusted, but judging from the pictures seems to have made herself quite at home and even found a surrogate mom in her keeper, 22-year old Emily Pugh. As Kera grew older, the nursery knew they had to find a permanent home for Kera. Kera's keeper flew to London and stayed with her for a few days, but said that Kera did not need much help. Though it has only been a few weeks, Kera is starting to interact with her new family, which includes Jock

I think that the story is really cool about Kera.I don’t think that Kera will be the newest gorilla for long.

[LINK]

A lady named Karen Ferrier loves Dalmatians. She started loving Dalmatians at the age 17. She has dozens of cuddly animals, clothing, jewelry, ornaments, puzzles, and even roller blades and candles, mugs, magnets, and toilet paper with spots. She also has spots on her sunglasses, shoes, hats, and jacket! She has over 3,000 pieces with spots. And to top it off, she bought a Dalmatian puppy named Ditto.

I think it is kind of weird a grown lady has that many things about Dalmatians. But I guess if you love something so much it's okay.

[LINK]

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 116

A Topsy-Turvy House

Two men on a northern German island built everything upside down. The roof is on the ground. And the floor is on the roof. All the furniture has been upside down too. Two Polish men who said they wanted something cool got it. They hope to make it a museum.

I find that really cool too. I think it would make me dizzy. It would be really cool to walk on the roof. I think they did an amazing job on it, and hopefully it will be in a museum. I would love to see it.

[LINK]

Article posted October 20, 2008 at 04:05 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 120

Both Disneyland and Disneyworld turned spooky at night. It was called the "not so scary trick or treat party." The parties begin at 7:30 p.m. but on weekends it starts at 6:00. Some people dressed in costumes but some people came in clothes. The party started with a giant glowing Mickey.

I think that sounds cool. I would have loved to have seen it. I would have dressed in a costume. It would be awesome to see all of it. Too bad I did not.

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 81

A dog named Zoe has a big problem. She is deaf. Her owner had gotten so frustrated with Zoe she returned her to the shelter. Luckily, at the shelter she had help from the workers to learn sign language. It took a while for Zoe to learn the face expressions. Then when she learned the face expressions, she learned how to sit, stand, kiss, dance, and lie down. Now that she knows how to communicate with others, the workers are working on getting her a permanent home.

I think that it’s amazing how Zoe can do this. It was so nice for the workers to help Zoe with her sign language. I’m so glad that Zoe can now communicate with others.

[LINK]

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 03:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 73

A 30 year old named David Conclaves came up with an idea. His idea was to make a foldable car. It looks like a motor bike, but it's not. It’s a car. It can only fit one person. It has four wheels, but the wheels are bicycle wheels

I think it’s pretty cool that David Conclaves came up with an idea like that. I can’t wait till I can drive one of those.

[LINK]

The Super Bowl is back! Over 94 million will watch the Super Bowl! These Super Bowl parties are going to be better than the New Year's Eve parties! Here are some food and drinks people will bring:

Pounds of Potato and Tortilla chips

Pounds of Popcorn

Soda

Crackers

Pizza

Go Super Bowl! I love pizza, soda, crackers, and popcorn. My dad is going to make me watch it with him.

A dog named Lisha is a nine year old with a big heart. Lisha doesn’t have pups of her own. But she is a mother to different kinds of animals like kittens and a porcupine and even a baby hippo. Right now she is a mother to three one-month old tiger cubs.

I think it's so cool that a dog would do that. I love dogs.

On February 17th a few fans of the movie "Titanic" got to relive that horrible day. They had to dress like they were people back then. They had a choice of watching the movie or lying on the sides of the pool or on beach chairs placed around the area. They got snacks and drinks. The workers tried to allow the customers to feel the way the people felt on the Titanic.

OMG! I would love do to this so much. Too bad it was February 17th. I wonder how much it costs to get in? I would love to do it.

[LINK]

Most people would love their dream house to be under beautiful trees or near the water but not Curt and Deborah Sleeper. They would love their dream house in an old mining cave in Festus, Missouri. It was created in the 1930s. The Sleepers have three children, and they brought the house for 160,000 dollars. It has three bedrooms. And the Sleeper family is living in their dream house.

I would love to live in that house and add a pool. Maybe even two with a bowling alley and have a guest room for my friends. Awesome!

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 135

This cute little dog, Tom Thumb, may soon win for smallest dog! World’s smallest dog!? His owners, the Thompsons, have lived in Scotland for over ten years, and they have ten Chihuahua puppies.

I would love to have a dog like this. It's so cute. But if I had a dog like this I would have to be carful of where I step.

[LINK]

Article posted May 1, 2009 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 87

Today is the 100th day since Obama and his family moved into the White House. On the first day in the White House the two girls and some friends got to watch two of their favorite movies, "Bolt" and "High School Musical 3." Later that night they went on a scavenger hunt, a White House tradition. But that’s not all. At the end of the scavenger hunt the girls opened the door and saw the Jonas Brothers. And we can’t forget their dog, Bo. It is a Portuguese Water dog, and it’s cute as a button. And how can we forget the Easter Egg Hunt? The two girls and about 300 more kids got to do the annul Easter Egg Hunt. It was outside the White House. And about Ms. Obama, she planted a garden made up of vegetables. On March 20, she and 25 young children got to plant vegetables and fruits. They planted 55 different fruits and vegetables.

I think that Sasha and Malia are the two luckiest girls on earth because they got to meet the Jonas Brothers!

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 129

Everybody knows Miley Cyrus, a.k.a Hannah Montana. She wrote her own book! On 4/25/09 she said that she made a deal to write her memoirs. The book tells about her child hood, her family, and her relations with them. Miley says “I think the book will show kids to live out their dreams.”

I think that’s so cool. I would love to buy that.

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 10:37 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 130

What are you looking at? It’s the one and only Miley Cyrus, right? Wrong! What you're looking at is the one and only life like wax figure of Miley Cyrus. Miley is one of the youngest people to have their own wax figure. Now Miley fans can take as many pictures with her as much as they want without Miley having to go to a interview or

something. The first 100 fans to get there did not only get free admissions but they also got free posters, t- shirts, cd’s and DVD’s. Wow! The owner of the Madam Tussaud's wax museum opened the museum in 1835, and it’s still opened. That’s about 174 years. Wow! New York is not the only place. They have one in Washington D.C., too.

I think that it is so cool. I love that they made a Miley Cyrus life size wax figure for kids to take pictures with.

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 130

Awwww! Have you ever seen such a beautiful friendship? This big pup is a blue tick hound named Roscoe. He is best friends with an orangutan named Suriya. They met at a pet shelter. When they saw each other they both knew they had to become friends. They are such good friends that they spent time together, swimming, taking walks, or just hanging out. They’re like famous friends because not only are they YouTube stars, but they’re also television celebrities. They were just on the Oprah Winfrey show for the topic "Amazing Friends," but there is a rumor that says they might be coming on an upcoming episode of the National Geographic show.

I think that is so cool and a little bit weird at the same time.

[LINK]

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 93

There was a dog named Buddy who saved his owner’s life three times. Buddy was trained to save people and call 911 when he was only 8 weeks old on a special phone that his tooth could fit in.

I think it is cool that a dog can do that and saved this owner. I wonder if it was hard to train him to do that?

[LINK]

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 03:01 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 102

There is a whale that is learning how to speak. He said "goggles" in whale talk. There was a man that loves whales and wants to talk to the whales. He can point to the them and they play the sound that he makes.

I think it is cool that that whale know this stuff and is learning to talk in whale language. I bet it is hard to teach that whale to talk and know what he is saying.

[LINK]

This is a 40 second video. The video takes place in a park, and the park looks different in every season like fall, summer, winter, and spring. The person who did this video is named Eric Solheim.

I wonder how Eric Solheim took the video in the winter with all the snow. It is very, very, very, very cold.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/01/12/video-of-the-week-one-year-in-40-seconds

One year in 40 seconds from Eirik Solheim on Vimeo.

Article posted December 4, 2008 at 03:42 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 111

The Red Bulls were having a contest to see who can do the best tricks. A lot of people came just to see people doing tricks. But they had to do tricks with a soccer ball, and they could not drop the ball or they would lose. It took place in Sao Paolo.

I think that doing tricks are cool. And doing them with a soccer ball is way cooler. But the hardest part is you cannot drop the ball. I used to play soccer. I never learned how to do that.

Article posted December 18, 2008 at 03:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 75

There is this man and his kids. The man is mean. He is telling everyone to turn off the lights and gas. There is a worm, and when they use gas and lights it gets hungry. It eats the mountains and animals that live there. So those kids are going to help stop the worm and kill it. So the kids won.

This is a great way to help the green world. We should do this too, to help by using less gas and light.

[LINK]

At Raikes Center Gloucester two weeks ago a hen laid 6 eggs. 5 of the eggs were good BUT the sixth egg was not. It was giant and the egg was gold. It was weird but it did not happen once, it happened three times.

Imagine you had a golden egg and you could sell it for a lot of money?! Oh my! I would be rich. That is a cool hen and the egg was 2-3 times a normal egg. I wish I had a hen that laid giant gold eggs. You could sell it. I would be RICH. OH MY! Those people are lucky they could put it in a museum. I would pay a lot just to see that.

[LINK]

There is a woman that is so brave she stayed in a room with 5,000 scorpions. She got bit about 13 times by the scorpions. She stayed like that for 33 day and 32 nights. The woman's names is Mrs. Kanchana Katkaew, also known as "Scorpion Queen." OH MY GOSH!

How can someone do this with 13 bites? I would be red and crying. And with 5,000 of them?! I am scared of some dogs, but this?! OH MY!

[LINK]

Otzi was a mummy that died between Austria and Italy. He was the oldest mummy to be frozen. Two hikers found him. They believed that he inhabited the earth 5,300 years or 53 centuries ago. The mummy was put in a refrigerated room in a museum in Bolzano. That's so people can see him. People wanted to see him so scientists took pictures. They said inside his stomach they found a piece of bread and meat. They say that he ate that 8 hours before he died. He was 45 years old, 5.5 ft tall, and weighed about 112ibs.

That is so cool he was young. I would bad for this family. He had no food, but he was shot by an arrow. I wonder if he had kids and why did he go there.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/03/09/otzi

There is a car called Tata Nona. It was made in Mumbai, India. It is the cheapest car in the world. This car cost 100,000 in Indian rupees or 2,000 in USA dollars. It took five engineers over five years to develop.

Do you know why it is the cheapest? Because it does not have air conditioning on the standard model, windows wind down by hand, and more. The height is 1.6m (5ft) the length is 3.1m (10ft). It is 1.5m (5ft) wide.

I think this car is cool. It is cheaper. That is better. But the problem is that is has no air bag and no air conditioning. I would love to have one, but it is dangerous.

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:46 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 105

Have you ever heard of smart pigs? Me neither, until now. This man named Lee Tong adopted 12 pigs. They are less than 1 year old. They are so smart that they know their way home, and they stop at a red light. Wow, they are so smart! They are like dogs. The owner takes them for a walk, and they follow him around. What's so amazing is that he said that when they grow up he is not going to make them into bacon.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/04/06/video-of-the-week-pigs-in-school

Isn’t this so amazing? I wish I had something like this. They are so smart. They are tied with dogs.

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 03:08 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 109

OMG! World Laughter Day?! It was started by Dr. Madan Kataria in Mumbai, India in 1988. It is called laughter yoga movement. It is made to calm you down from problems or other things. There are about 6,000 laughter clubs.

Nice. Maybe I should try it. Looks nice and funny. And it may calm me down. Maybe you should try it with me.

[LINK]

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:48 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 100

A Scottsdale man who lives alone {Joe] is still alive after a seizure when his 18 month old German shepherd buddy saved him! Buddy dialed 911 and barked and whimpered about the caller needing a assistance. When the police came they found Buddy barking side by side with Joe.

I think that dog is amazing! And the surprising thing is that buddy was trained since he was 8 weeks old!! Joe got him at the "Paws with cause" organization which helped Buddy to pick up a phone and dial 911 in case of an emergency like this. Anyway, Joe had to stay in the hospital for two days. He is back home now, and that dog saved his life! If Buddy didn’t save him something bad could’ve happened to Joe. Buddy is a hero!

I think that dog is a hero and amazing! I think that dog is a life saver! He is probably one of the most incredible dogs I ever seen!

[LINK]

Maybe by now you might have had heard or seen "Marly and Me," a comedy based on a journalist and his cute lovable dog, Marly. The movie features some of Hollywood’s famous stars but the real biggest star is Marly. Well, actually Marlys. In fact, 22 Marly’s!! It took 22 Labradors to find the exact height and weight and the talent to film this movie. But, however, John Madrid, one of the eight animal trainers, said it was easier getting the dogs to misbehave than in "Charlotte's Web" and in "Enchanted." He also said that anytime one of the 22 dogs would slobber on the stars or chew up stuff everyone would say good job!! Also, Ray Beal, another dog trainer, revealed some tricks that they wanted for the movie. While the dogs were all ready to slobber on the stars, the dogs pasted baby food on the stars' faces!!

I think it's really cool that they had to use 22 Marlys! When I saw "Marly and Me" I loved it. I was wondering how many dogs they used. Because at the beggining of the movie it shows Marly from a little puppy but at the end of the movie it shows Marly as a full grown dog. Also I was wondering how they got all the dogs on the set to get under control.

[LINK]

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 03:09 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 155

The Bristol Zoo in London decided to adopt Kera, a four year old gorilla to be a part of there western lowland gorilla family. They were a little worried about how she would adjust since she was only four years old. Kera’s story began in 2004. Sadly she and her twin were born with a mother who did not have much interest in rearing them. Kera was taken to a zoo in Germany where she was brought up by humans in a nursery. As Kera grew older, the nursery knew they had to find Kera a permanent home, a home where Kera had room to grow and play and to be with other lowland gorillas. Kera found a surrogate mother, 22 year old Emily Pugh.

I think that that it was great that Kera found a home. I don’t know if I would be able to take care of a gorilla. I think Kera’s story is very interesting, her mother just didn’t have much interest in rearing her and her twin. But now Kera has found a surrogate mother!

[LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:47 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 125

Disney World and Disney Land might be the happiest places on earth but during September and October they turn spooky at night. It’s Disney World and Disney Land's not-so-scary trick or treat party! Held at both parks on select week day and weekends, the fun begins at 7:30pm. When the day-time park visitors are asked to leave, and the fun begins. Kids and adults dress up and thousands of people enter the park. There are fun activities and a station with a lot of candy. And if you don’t like candy there is a healthy station with apples and carrots. Also kids get to see their favorite Disney characters dressed up in Halloween costumes.

I think it’s probably a lot of fun! I think I would love to go to this! It sounds like a lot of fun to me I really would want to go!

Article posted December 4, 2008 at 03:41 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 102

Zoe is a Dalmatian, a 18 month beautiful Dalmatian, but she has a big problem. She is deaf. Well, her owner took her to the animal shelter in Devon without noticing Zoe’s disability. When Zoe’s owner took her to the pet shelter, the staff at the shelter realized she was deaf. That’s why they taught Zoe how to understand her owner. They taught Zoe sign language! How did they teach Zoe sign language? They enguraged Zoe to focus on face expressions. (Well, with a little help of her treats too.) Probably right now today Zoe knows 7 commands which are: sit, stay, dance, lie down, paw, kiss, and good girl. Wow, that’s a lot of tricks for a dog to know. And it’s amazing how a dog would know that many tricks when the dog is deaf! The shelter is trying to find Zoe a permanent home, which can help her continue to teach her more.

I think this dog is amazing. She is deaf and she understands sign language! And she already knows a bunch of commands! And she is going to learn more! Wow! I think this dog is just amazing!

[LINK]

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 02:39 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 163

Frankie is a cat, a beautiful 2 year old tom cat with a slight problem. Well, he just can’t stay away from stuffed toys! Frankie’s owner, Julie Bishop, got Frankie at a farm in Wilshire when Frankie was just a newborn. But in the last year Frankie has came in through the cat door just as he pleases with toys with him. He has picked up 35 soft toys and also 15 of the same leopard! And he doesn’t even play with them! He just puts them in the same spot in the living room over and over again and goes out and looks out for more! Besides bringing in the leopard, he also brings in teddy bears, a giant squeaky beef burger, and also two green witches hats!

I think it’s kind of cool how he keeps bringing in the same leopard over and over again. But does he puts it somewhere special and keep going outside to get it? I wonder how he does it. I would want to find out!

[LINK]

Can a penguin be scared of water? Well, first there was Cinders who was scared of mud but now an 11 year old penguin named Kentucky is scared of water! The zoo keepers at Zoological, a zoo in Staffordshire, attribute it to Kentucky’s birth. The weakest and smallest of all his siblings, the penguin has always had trouble with his moulting, which is a process where birds change their damaged feathers with new feathers. Most birds usually do it either once a year or even two years. Kentucky has always had a problem with growing back new feathers. There are not enough feathers to keep Kentucky warm enough, and he hates being cold in the water. So now he just stands at the edge watching all the other penguins splash around in the water.

I feel bad for Kentucky. He is not able to swim. People are hoping that zoo officials will find some solution for Kentucky. I hope they do. Kentucky is just sitting there watching over the edge. I really hope they find a solution.

[LINK]

The Krispy Kreme challenge!

Yum!

If you’re thinking that this is a race where people run a mile and run their hearts out, well you’re wrong. Now just looking at the title I think maybe you can take a guess at what this race is about. It’s a Donut race! They have to run with a stomach full of donuts! Not just any regular donuts, they're Krispy Kreme donuts! You’re probably thinking, “Ok, they get to eat get a piece of a donut and run.” Well, they don’t! But the serious people who are in the race say that it’s really hard work. How? They have to stuff their whole stomach with Donuts and carry that around in their stomach! The winner gets a donut medal and five dozen of the yummy treats! Over this year, 5,000 contestants joined this race, and raised $35,000 for the North Carolina Children’s Hospital!

I think I would do that, but I think it’s only for adults. Also I think it’s really nice that they raised a lot of money for the children’s hospital. I think it’s really cool that they do this. I hope that maybe our school would do that!!

[LINK]

Have you ever seen a pink dolphin? I haven’t. Well, a rare, pink, bottlenose dolphin has been appearing in Lake Calcasieu, Louisiana! People believe that it’s the only one of its kind in the world! It was spotted by boat captain, Eric Rue. Why is the color of the dolphin pink and has red eyes? Scientists think that the dolphin is suffering from albinism. “Albinism is a genetic condition caused by lack of pigmentation melanin, which is a responsible for the skin color of all living creatures.” The dolphin has to try to avoid the bright sun. How does the dolphin do that? He or she has to stay underwater as much as possible. Besides the albinism, the mammal is apparently very healthy. The dolphin is usually seen around with the rest of its family who have made their home in the Calcasieu Ship Channel. Marine scientists who have been following underwater animals for their lives have never seen a pink dolphin.

I think a pink dolphin is pretty cool, but I do feel bad about it because it has albinism. I would want to see a pink dolphin one day.

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:35 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 91

Everybody knows the Simpsons. They’ve been around for about 20 years now. Well, now they are getting the respect they finally deserve! You’ve seen their faces on your television, and now you are going to start seeing them on your stamps! Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie are going to be on your stamps (if you want to buy them). The Simpsons made the cut this year because they are the longest running television show. In addition, the post office won’t be just selling Simpsons' stamps, they will be selling Simpsons' post cards too. They will also be selling other Simpsons' things like a matted poster of each one of them a matted poster of all of them too. The USPS is asking customers to vote on which Simpsons' stamp they like the best. When you think they can’t add anymore, they do! They will also ask you if you want to enter a free sweepstakes to win limited design posters signed by the creator of the Simpsons, Matt Groening.

I think it’s really cool that I saw their faces on the television and now I will see their faces on stamps. I really want to buy them. I can’t wait!

[LINK]

Article posted May 8, 2009 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 137

Okay, she might look a little old on the outside but inside she is just as young as you! 83 year old queen Elizabeth does the same exact stuff as you do - except for being a queen. She texts, has her own Youtube channel, and also broadcasts her Christmas speech! She launched the "Royal Channel" on Youtube also. She did not start using the computer until about three years ago. The queen is in the news again but for this time sending out emails! There has been rumors that Prince Harry taught her how to text message. But if that’s not enough, President Obama and the First Lady had just given her an I-pod!

I think it’s cool that even though Queen Elizabeth is in her 80’s that she still texts, emails, and posts thing on Youtube and now has an I-pod!

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 119

How would you like to go to spend six months in a beautiful 3 bedroom house, go catch fish, and take videos in Australia? And get paid for doing it? I know I would like it. This is what Ben Southwall is doing! Isn’t he lucky?! He gets the opportunity to do this because, he was was "recently appointed caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef Islands by the Queensland Tourism Board.” The duties of a caretaker are very easy. He/She has to explore the beautiful island and write a weekly blog recording the experience via video or pictures. The employer also arranges flights to various islands. If the caretaker wanted to, he/she could feed the fish, help clean the pool by picking out leafs that fall, or picking up the mail. All for that, the caretaker will be paid an $110,000 salary!

I think I would REALLY like this job! You get paid for just doing a little bit of work and a WHOLE lot of relaxing and enjoying the beautiful island!

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 99

Have you ever seen a masterpiece of art made out of books? Well, I have never seen it before. Brian Dettmer form Atlanta has always used different kind of materials for his artwork, such as maps, record albums, and cassette tapes. But, 5 years ago the talented artist started making an art piece with old books! How does he do it? To start with, he starts by sealing the books so that his master piece will not fall apart. “After that, he goes about skillfully sculpting the book in way that its subject matter is apparent to the viewer without ever opening a single page.” Complicated right? I don’t think I could ever do this! His latest of art pieces which are thousands of dollars are seen in art gallerias. Go check them out!

I think that it’s really cool that he is making an art piece made out of books. I never knew that you could do that. Like I said, I don’t think I could do it!

[LINK]

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:33 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 99

About a week ago Joe had a seizure. He lives alone and has a dog named Buddy. The dog was smart enough to call 911 and bark and squeal the situation to the police.

When the police finally arrived, they found Buddy sitting next to Joe barking loudly. He had collapsed. Joe stayed in the hospital for two days, and then he was home recuperating.

Buddy started training when he was eight weeks old. He was adopted by Joe from Michigan based "paws with a cause" organization, which helped Buddy pick up the phone to call 911.

I think Buddy is a very smart dog and should be rewarded for it. Also I think Joe is very lucky to have a dog like Buddy.

[LINK]

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 06:59 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 108

The typical lobster that you eat is red, and you are probably thinking that all lobsters are red. But a lot are different colors. Some of the colors that different lobsters have are black, red, orange, white, yellow, and a lot more. Recently, one yellow one was found at a sea food store. Two veterinarian guys had to come and take them away. The blue and white lobsters are the rarest ones.

What would you do if you found a different colored lobster in the store that you were in? I would be so scared. What would you do if you met one?

[LINK]

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 02:58 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 100

When the Bristol Zoo in London decided to adopt Kera to become a part of their western lowland gorilla family, they were a little worried about how the gorillas were going to adjust. Kera was at the age of four, and she had been shuttled around Europe the past few years. But they weren’t worrying, in just about two weeks Kera the gorilla had adjusted. Not only had she adjusted, judging from the pictures, they seem to have made herself quite at home. They even found a surrogate mother, a 22 named Emily Pugh. Kera has also traveled to Spain and Germany, and right now she is only at the age of four.

I thought it was really nice to adopt Kera. I am surprised that she adjusted so soon, and she is only at the age of four. I am surprised she didn’t miss Keri, her old owner. I also wish that I could go to Europe, Spain, and Germany. She is a lucky gorilla.

[LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:50 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 113

These places might be the happiest place on Earth but in September and October at night at Disneyworld and at Disneyland the spookiest things are happening. “The fun” starts at 7:30 and on the weekends 6:30. All the day-time visitors are asked to leave the park. Only kids and adults are allowed only in costume. Each station has candy scattered all over the place. And if you don’t like candy, don’t worry, here will always be a healthy snack for you.

I wonder why they ask their day-time visitors to leave. If I worked there, I would want more people. Also I wonder what characters are there when they make Disney spooky?

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/10/14/the-happiest-place-on-earth-turns-spooooky

Article posted December 4, 2008 at 03:38 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 85

Zoe the Dalmatian is eighteen months old, and she has a big problem. She is stone deaf, which means that she can not even hear if someone screamed so loud into her ear. That’s what stone deaf means. Her owner was disappointed that he could not bond with her. He went to the shelter not realizing that she had a disability when he first got her.

When she got to the shelter the animal people finally found out that she was deaf. That’s why she was not listening to them when they told her to do something. Then they taught her how to talk in doggie sign language. They said to Zoe’s owner that it was a little different than normal sign language. He had to learn the special sign language. They wanted her to learn looks and gestures that her owner did. Like these are some of the words: sit, stay dance, lie down, paw, kiss and good girl. Those are the basic ones, but there are a lot more. Now that she knows the basics the animal shelters workers want her to have a good home where the owner can teach her a lot more. She is lucky that she has a great owner to take care of her. Lastly, not a lot of dogs have this dieses of deafness.

I think that it is so sad that Zoe has this dieses because, as I said before, not a lot of dogs have this so it must be hard for her. Also it would be sad if someone found out that they had a deaf dog and returned her. It was very nice the owner in the beginning was disappointed that he couldn’t bond with her, but he kept her anyway because he loved her.

[LINK]

A lot of people have now seen Marley and Me, the colorful show that is based on a real journalist that has a really unruly but very lovable dog. The movie has some great and very popular movie stars. But they are not the stars, Marley the dog is the star. It didn’t take just one Labrador, it took 22 dogs to get the exact thing that the director was looking for. He wanted Marley to get the part Marley right. One of the dog directors thought that it was very easier to get the dogs to (mis)behave in the movie than it was to get the crows in Charlottes Web or the myriad of animals in Enchanted.

I saw Marley and Me also. At first I did not know that it was a real story. I thought that it was very sad, and I almost cried. It was a great story, though, and I am surprised that someone could write such a story like that. I am also wondering how stars cry in movies. Do they think of something sad or what?

[LINK]

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 02:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 142

It is really hard for a lot of the people buying Christmas trees because you have to put on all the ornaments. But for the Addis family their routine is creating something very unique and special. They built a Lego brick building.

They do not make their sculptures small either. They make them big. They are really good at building with Legos, and they thought it would be fun if they did it with their family. This year it took 250,000 Legos, and it is 7 feet high and 5 inches wide.

Wow=http://=http://

The planning started in October when Mike (Mr. Addis) started drawing out the structure. It took him ten hours just to draw it. The first brick was put down on October 13th. It took forty-eight days to do, which means it was done on December First. They all spent about 170 hours a day working on it. They said that they would have never completed it without the help of the kids. They spent about 600 dollars just buying Legos. Come January 6th they have to start taking down the wonderful structure and save the Lego pieces for next year.

I think that it is ridiculous to spend over 600 dollars just on Legos. I am also wondering where they built the sculpture because they would need a lot of room if it was that big. I am also wondering how big the paper was that Mike drew it on. It would have been a big piece of paper if it took him ten hours to draw.

[LINK]

Have you ever hoped that you could have a twin or someone that looks exactly or something like you. I have. Now you can. It can be your best friend or even a sister/brother. But they don’t talk, so that means that you can never get into a fight with them. It’s amazing. All you have to do is send a picture of yourself to a company called “Mini-Me” and they just look at the picture, and they make a doll out of it. Also if you send in a video they can put a microphone in the doll and it can sound exactly like you.

I think that it is so cool that you could have someone that looks exactly like you and someone that could talk like you. I would love to have a twin. All I have is an older brother. I have my friends that are girls, but it’s not the same.

[LINK]

A rare dolphin (a bottlenose dolphin) was swimming around in Lake Calcasieu, a lake in Louisiana. It has been known to be the only pink dolphin in the world when Eric Rue a captain found it when he was fishing a week ago. He did not expect to see a dolphin that was pink. When people on shore heard about and saw the dolphin in a picture they thought it looked liked a dolphin that was freshly painted. It is the same color throughout its body, but it has reddish eyes. “Scientists think that it has been suffering from albinism which is a genetic condition caused by a lack of the pigmentation melanin, which is responsible for the skin color of all living creatures.” Because of its color the dolphin tries to stay away from the sun, which means that it must have to stay underwater for as long as possible. Other than that, the dolphin seems to be as healthy as a blue dolphin and sometimes can be seen with the rest of its family. The rest of its family is the normal color. This dolphin could care less about what color it is. This dolphin and its family have decided to make Lake Calcasieu its home.

I am amazed that a dolphin could be the color pink. It is just amazing. Also, I have swam with dolphins before when I went to Florida last year. The instructor that was helping us with the dolphin said the dolphin could only stay underwater for eight minutes. But I guess this dolphin is unique because it tries to stay underwater for as long as it can so it doesn’t have to be in the sun for that long. I also hope the dolphin doesn’t die because of its sickness. I wonder if the dolphin has kids and if one day they're going to be pink?

[LINK]

A lot of people want to buy a house near the water, right? Or under beautiful trees? But in the Sleepers case it was a "huge sandstone cave that captured their hearts.”

In 2004 Curt and Deborah were looking for houses on the Internet and they found this old mining cave in Missouri. The cave was 17,000 square feet created from sandstone. It was a mining cave in the 1930’s. It was bought for the first time in 1958. The person who bought it was named Sue Morris. She converted it to an ice skating and roller blading rink. The upstairs was for concerts and plays. When the cave shut down in 1985, it was turned into a glass recycling center. It was there until 1990. A few years later a realty company bought it and put it up for sale. It had a lot of things in it: a pond, a terrace, three floors, and A LOT more.

I think this house it kind of cool but it is SOOOO big. I would get lost. It would take five days to clean it=http://!!!

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 126

After a couple months of searching, the Obama’s finally got their dream puppy! The puppy is six month old Portuguese water dog. And their dog is CUTE!! They named the puppy Bo, and he has a mop of black curls and a few white spots under his chin, chest, and paws. Even though Bo could not move into his new home until Tuesday, he came to visit the family at the White House over the weekend. Barack Obama could even fit in some time to go running with the new member of the family. They did not go for a normal run though, they went through the corridors of the house. “The little puppy that has a reputation for being boisterous [but] was reportedly very well-behaved and obedient during his entire visit.” The dog was a gift from Senator Edward Kennedy and his wife Victoria, and the little puppy was born in a Texas kennel. “He was returned by his previous owner because the owner said he was too big to handle.” I think their puppy is so cute. I am so jealous. I want a puppy so badly. I also think it was very nice of the Senator to get it for them. The dog is going to be tired at the end of every day because the house is so big, and he needs to get his exercise. http://www.dogonews.com/2009/04/13/malia-and-sasha-finally-get-their-puppy

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 07:51 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

The Obama’s have been in the White House for 100 days! Instead of focusing on the President and what he is doing, people thought it would be good to focus on Malia and Sasha. I mean, they are important also. So they have been up to a lot since they have been in the White House. On the first night they went to see a Jonas Brothers concert. They also watched Bolt and High School Musical 3 in their movie theater. It is a tradition to introduce all the secret passageways and hideouts in the White House, but there were two big secrets that they didn’t know about. The first one was that the Jonas Brothers came to the White House and when the girls opened the doors they had the greatest reaction because they are the biggest Jonas Brothers fans. The second surprise was that they had a big play structure in their back yard when they got home from school once. I mean, it was REALLY big. But that isn’t hard to believe because they have a BIG backyard!! They also got a new dog, had a traditional Easter egg roll hunt, they planted an organic vegetable garden, and went sledding on their front lawn. WOW!! They have done a lot since they have been in the White House. I would never complain if I could live in a house like that and would never ask for anything else. But I really think it’s nice that their parents hang out with them a lot even though they are very busy parents. Their dog is really cute also. I wonder what they are going to do in the next three and a half years?!? http://www.dogonews.com/2009/04/29/malia-and-sasha-s-first-100-days-in-the-white-house

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:27 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 125

A few months ago there was an article about ‘Dine in the Sky’. They now wrote an article about another GREAT dining experience, 17 feet under the Indian Ocean, “Ithaa, the world’s first and only restaurant under the sea.” There is a big bubble where there are tables. When you look up you can see all different kinds of animals that live under the sea! The restaurant opened in 2005 and has a 270 degree view. People can even have there weddings or parties there. But they would have to have a family party because it only seats fourteen people. It costs about $150-$200 dollars a person. (And they think that is cheap!)

I think this is a little expensive, but they think it's good because you have a great experience. I wonder if you are allowed to take pictures of the animals or if it will hurt them. It doesn’t say!? I would love to go there, but it is in Singapore, and I don’t think I am going there any time soon!

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 112

Would you like to get away and spend six whole months in a BEAUTIFUL three bedroom house on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef? There are so many things to do while your there. You can swim with any kind of water animal, you can take picture and make video’s, you can even put them on a BlogSpot. And the coolest part of the trip is is that you get paid for doing everything you do. Isn’t that the coolest thing!? Ben Southwall’s dream will finally happen on July 1st 2009. He is 34, and he got this job because he was recently appointed caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef Islands.

THIS is the most coolest job. I would love to have this job. I wonder how tan he gets by the end of the trip? He must be burned by the end of the trip! I wonder what the age is for doing this? I bet I am too young!

[LINK]

Article posted September 18, 2008 at 02:56 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 238

The people that were at the Beijing Olympics built this because they loved it.

Article posted October 20, 2008 at 04:11 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 202

This motorcycle is called "crouching jaguar." It’s a cool bike. It’s a whole new dimension.

This bike is so cool I might buy it.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/10/12/vrooooom-this-motorbike-rocksuching

Article posted October 6, 2008 at 03:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 125

There are rare, different, and colorful lobsters all round the world.

I LIKE lobsters because they taste so good. I THINK COLORFUL lobsters ARE COOL.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/09/24/colorful-lobsters

Article posted December 12, 2008 at 05:53 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 90

A 45 year old man made history by flying over the Grand Canyon 1,053 ft in the air.

I like this story because I’ve never seen a jetpack before.

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 112

The spoockfish has a coral like brain and sideways eyes. That's ugly, but cool and weird at the same time. I can’t be amused.

[LINK]

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 03:00 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 101

A green ape is saving energy.

This is crackalaking. It’s so cool. It's popp’n because instead of turning it up, he turns it down.

[LINK]

This article is about cities made of Jell-O. It was made by Liz Hickok. She made every city in the United States. She made it four years ago. It’s made out of multi-colored Jell-o. It is also toxic.

I thought that it was cool that somebody actually made something that kids would want to see. I think that she could go on to making bigger things like life sized places. For example, she could make life sized schools, houses, or people.

[LINK]

Evan's friend's car window peeled the skin off his bone. He has a bionic arm. It uses brain waves to make movement. I think it’s cool that he has a bionic arm, but bad that he got his skin peeled off his bone.

[LINK]`

Ms. Kanchana Ketkaew, also known as the Scorpion Queen, set a new Guinness World record in December 2008 by spending 33 consecutive days and nights living with 5,000 live, deadly scorpions.

THAT’S CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY.

[LINK]

A bottlenose pink dolphin is rare plus it’s extinct. I wonder where it came from? It's probably from 100 years ago. Cool, a pink dolphin! That's awesome. I can’t believe it. They should hide it so someone won't kill it.

[LINK]

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 97

In Japan they use DSs to do work on their languages. Any games in there consoles the teachers will take them away until the end of class.

That is so cool because its more fun than writing on paper I hope we get to do this.

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:55 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 114

A python would consider most of us lunch. How dose it not eat him???? That thing is 20 inches long. How does he live with one python. And the parents believe the python has brought good luck to the family. That’s CRAZY WEIRD!

Earlier this week scientists found fossils of a mammoth in Los Angeles, California underneath a near perfect fossil of a Columbian mammoth, one of the largest elephants in the world that became extinct after the ice age.

I wonder what they would look like right now.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/02/20/los-angeles-during-the-ice-age

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 80

A dog saved his owner by calling 911. His owner was in a seizure. The dog was so smart to know that. The dog is 18 months old and he dialed 911.

I think when the dog grows up it should be a police and helper dog because he helped his owner.

[LINK]

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 94

This race is not really a race. It is more like a journey. They had 120 cars and all of the cars have to go threw two continents. All of the racers have to come back in eight days or eight weeks.

I think that they should make it longer because some take longer.

[LINK]

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 03:19 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 126

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/11/17/video-of-the-week-world-domino-day

One day every year there is some thing called "Domino Day." This day people will make things out of dominos and have fun with it. This day took place in the Netherlands and they also used 4,345,027vdominos on November 15th

I think that must have taken a long time to make. How did it look like? If I was there would it look cool or not that cool?

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:51 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 111

This article is about a cool looking animal this is a turtle. It does not look like a turtle. This turtle can lay 100 eggs. You can only find this cool looking dude in Queensland in Australia.

I think that noone should keep one if they find one. They should not keep it because it can be bad for you.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/10/02/this-is-one-cool-looking-dude-er-turtle

When Obama was a little boy, he loved Spider Man a lot. He still does. Since he loves Spider Man so much now he is featured in one. The comic is coming out on January 14. In the comic Barrack Obama is the president. An impostor trytries s to take his place. It is Spider Man's job to catch the imposter and help Barrack Obama be president.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/01/09/Spiderman

President-Elect Obama Meets Spidermanhref="http://kwout.com/quote/fjumukni">kwout

I think it is cool that the author put Barrack Obama in a comic.

Eight weeks ago, two leopards were born and they did not even know that they were about to be endangered animals. They did not even know what there are. Baby leopards where born and they were only 8 weeks old. There is a charity in Smardon. That charity supports endangered cats. There are only just about 180 leopards left in the world. The two little cubs are shy, but they also like to chase a piece of straw.

I think that those cubs are very cute.

On Tuesday, January 20th, in California, Carlsbad at Lego Land on the day of Barrack Obama's Inauguration, Lego Land’s masters made a White House and the Inauguration of Barack Obama. It looks so cool how all of the master Lego makers would make that just for that day. I wonder how much time it took them to make the White House and all of those people.

If I was there I would tell them to make me one.

A snake is believed to be alive 58 million years ago. The snake was called Titanboa. Fossil hunters in Columbia found a fossil and gave the bones to scientists. He studied them and said that these bones where related to a boa constrictor and it weighed more that a ton.

If I was alive 58 million years ago I would not live close to one of those.

This article is about a parakeet, and he does a lot of things. Like he knows how to play dead and play golf and basketball. This parakeet is 16th years old, and he knows how to many tricks. If I had a parakeet like that I would never take my eye off that parakeet.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/03/23/video-of-the-week-move-over-tiger-woods-here-comes-aj-the-parrot

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:46 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 149

Have you ever had homework on your computer and your little brother or sister deleted it? Then you should hear this story. It all happened when Pipi was near the computer and decided to go online to buy the toy truck that his mom already had ordered. But he changed to a real earth digger and when the mom checked her email she saw that she had ordered a real earth digger. She called the company because they sent her a email that she had to pay 20,000 dollars in New Zealand. (In the US it is 12,300 dollars.)

Wow, if that was my brother or sister I would be in a lot of trouble for what my brother or sister did.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/26/and-sold-to-three-year-old-pipi

Article posted May 1, 2009 at 03:18 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 129

A kid interviewed more people than an average reporter would. All started in 2008 when he interviewed the Vice President Joe bBden in Octobor. He even went to the President's Inaugural Ceremony, but now he got offered a full college scholarship which will be awarded to him him in June.

If i was that kid I would so love it. I think he does to.

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 03:18 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 124

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/13/the-world-s-smallest-roadworthy-toy-car

An inventor just got his way into the Guiness Book of World Records for the FOURTH TIME. He got to the Guinness of World Records because he got the idea of trying to break his own record of making the smallest car in the world. The car was build because he was looking through the Internet. He saw a website, and there was a toy that was made for little kids. He bought a car that was not working and he fixed it and beat his record.

Wow, if it was a toy for kids like me, I would have my own.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/13/the-world-s-smallest-roadworthy-toy-car?subtype=News#comments

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 02:24 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 107

Today, a Scottsdale man named Joe Stalnaker is alive thanks to his 18 month old German shepherd named Buddy. Buddy is a very smart dog and cares for Joe. Joe only lives with Buddy, which is probably the main reason Buddy cares for Joe. Buddy is a very smart dog, and very well trained dog also. Buddy has been trained since he was 8 weeks old. Buddy is capable of saving Joe from any near-death experiences.

It all happened last Wednesday when Joe suffered a seizure. With the help of training, Buddy calls 911. When the police arrive, Joe had collapsed from the seizure. Now, Joe is recovering home, and it’s all thanks to Buddy. Joe knew that he couldn’t live independently without Buddy. Buddy is the best dog who Joe can live with.

[LINK]

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 07:04 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 106

Everytime we hunt sea food, we expect lobsters to be red. But did you know that lobsters are born with different colors? Now there are red, blue, yellow, and white lobsters. Lobsters are famous for there different colors. Lobsters that change their color are born with different recipes in their cells. One more thing about different colored lobsters, they are very rare for scientist. Nobody knows if the color of lobsters is natural or a trait of birth. They first encountered these lobsters off the coast of the Isles of Man in U.S.A.

I think this is amazing! I’ll ask my brother more about these special lobsters! But I don’t know how lobsters get different colors. . . .That’s a job for scientists. I’ll study more about these guys! But I bet they will be yummy in the cooking pot! This still remains a mystery. Soon scientists will find out about these traits. This might be the biggest fish mystery in the world. . . .Who knows. . . ?

[LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 105

This story is about Olympics and Ironman races. Every Columbus Day weekend, there will be three events. One event is to swim 2.4 miles. Another one is a 122 mile bike ride, and the last will be to run a marathon (26.2 miles) across the Coast of Big Island. There are a lot of competitors in Hawaii. All kinds of competitors are in Hawaii. The bike competitors are about to bike 112 miles in all sorts of weather. The Olympic competitors are about to complete 140.6 miles in 8 hours.

This story is amazing! I never knew people would to do daring competitions like these. These people must become famous for completing bike, Olympic, and event competitions. I usually think that Hawaii is a place to relax and a place to spend the summer. I can’t believe in Hawaii these competitions have continued for 30 years! Maybe I can go to Hawaii one day. . . .

[LINK]

Article posted December 4, 2008 at 03:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 106

This is about a dog named Zoe who eventually becomes deaf. Her owner had to return her to the animal shelter. So the clerks decided to communicate to her by teaching her sign language. They have taught her 7 words in sign language: sit, stay, dance, lie down, paw, kiss, and good girl. Now Zoe must be the luckiest dog in the world because now she can find a permanent owner.

This is sweet and sad. It is sad when you can’t hear anything and you have to learn sign language which takes a long tome to learn. The clerks are very sweet to help this helpless dog, and they’re very smart too. And what is really sad is that Zoe was deaf too soon because she was only 18 months old. Well, no one knows how Zoe became deaf. But maybe someday they will find out how. . .maybe someday. . . .

[LINK]

THE END

There is this vehicle that’s a car and an airplane at the same time!!

If you have ever wished that you could avoid the snarly road traffic and soar up in the skies, your wish may come true soon. That is if a new kind of vehicle makes a successful test flight/run next month. This amazing vehicle can change from a two-seat car into an airplane in just 15 SECONDS! Because of its size, this vehicle can fit into any type of garage. This vehicle runs on unleaded fuel, so it can get any type of gas.

This would be really awesome and COOL. This vehicle has everything it takes to be popular. If the brake's size or anything else doesn’t make it awesome, cool, or popular, I don’t know what will. Maybe someday my parents can have one. . .maybe. . .someday. . . .

[LINK]

Article posted December 15, 2008 at 03:26 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 132

Frankie is a beautiful 2- year- old cat with a problem. He just can’t keep away from any toys. He was bought in a farm. Julie Bishop bought Frankie when he was a newborn. Frankie got this habit to chew on a lot of stuffed toys. He has a habit just like Tom cat from Tom and Jerry. But it is not as if Frankie plays with the toys. Sometimes he plays with them and sometimes he deposits them. Frankie more likely “steals” them to deposit.

I think that cats that can't keep away from things drive adults crazy. But the good thing is that at least Frankie can deposit toys in a house. Maybe someone will help to educate that cat well. But no one knows how that cat got its habits...no one knows....

[LINK]

This is about a boy named Evan Reynolds. Evan was only 16 years old when he got a new arm. Here is how he lost his old arm: Evan was sitting in a passenger seat of a friend’s car with his hand folded down on a window. As the car was exiting a parking lot, it scrapped a wooden post, and in a bizarre accident, it pulled his arm off. Now he can’t complete his dream of going to the army.

I think this is kind of sad because Evan’s dream can’t come true. He got used to his new arm, which is a miracle. I bet that it must have hurt a LOT when Evan lost his old arm. Maybe someday he will go to the army. . .

[LINK]

Well, you may think this challenge includes athletes building up. But instead, they don’t have to build up! They just have run with a stomach full of Krispy Kreme Donuts! Now this is the fifth year of the Krispy Kreme challenge. This challenge is about two miles from the University of North Carolina. The point of this contest is to raise money.

I think this is cool and insane. I really can run with a full stomach. This is cool because if you win the contest, you get to take 5 dozens of the treats. Maybe someday I’ll enter the contest. . . .

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/02/12/the-krispy-kreme-challenge

It is a day at the Victoria Train Station in London when a man is found in a vending machine! Now, instead of pressing buttons, all you have to do is pay, tell the man what candy you want, and he will drop it in the little slot and you can pick it up. Simple! Instead of scrambling to put in the right code and then be served by an uncaring robot arm, customers are given their candy by a chatty, ever smiling human, stationed inside.

This is so hilarious, if you ask me. There is a human in the vending machine!? I guess the guy was just in the vending machine to make money. Making money inside a vending machine is so cool. This makes ME want to be in a vending machine. . . .

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/03/09/a-human-vending-machine

Though she looks young, Channel is all set to celebrate her 21st birthday. (In dog years that’s 147 years.) Channel just received a certificate for the oldest dog in the world! Channel lives in Port Jefferson, Idaho, and belongs to 51 year old Denise Shaugnessy. Denise adopted Channel when Denise was just 6 weeks old. According to Denise, the cause for Channel living so long is a lot of pampering, as well as giving Channel the choice between human food and dog food -- and that includes macaroni and cheese!

I think this is so cool. I have never known about a dog that lives over 100 years. The most time I know a dog can live up to is 12 years, which is 84 dog years. I think Denise is the luckiest person in Idaho to have a dog like that. Denise must be taking good care of Channel. Channel even entered the Book of World Records! Neat! I wish I would have a dog someday. . . .

[LINK]!

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:42 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 78

Is your pooch cramped and uncomfortable in the car? Then you will be delighted to hear that car manufacturers Honda and Toyota are introducing 2009 models that will revolutionize the car ride for your pampered canine. This vehicle is made especially for your dog. The humans go in the front. The dogs go in the back. The back is designed perfectly. There is a fold out ramp, water spot, and electrical fan included for the dog. The fold – out ramp is made for dogs to easily step in and out of the car. The water spot is for the dog to drink water since the car is usually hot inside. The electrical fan is to cool the dog down.

I don’t like this idea too much because all the cool stuff is for the dogs, not us humans. But it’s cool because the car has all the dog's needs. It even has a comfy bed! Amazing! I’ll have a dog someday. . . .

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/04/12/coming-soon-a-special-car-for-your-pooch

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 107

The termite-hunting ants in Rio de Janeiro are quite astonishing. Like GPS systems, these ants have magnet-like antennas on them when they are born to help them navigate their way anywhere or to catch prey. These magnet-like antennas have a weak signal in the Earth’s Core. Some desert ants have good eyes. We wonder what we will discover next about these insects.

I think this is cool but gross. The magnet-like antennas are cool, but the termite hunting part is weird. Termites eat everything in sight. I hate those insects…

div class="kwout" style="text-align: center;">http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/25/why-ants-never-lose-their-way

Kids news - Why Ants Never Lose Their Way via kwout

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/25/why-ants-never-lose-their-way

Article posted May 5, 2009 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 120

Last week in the city of Yokohama, Japan, thousands of people watched as two 36-ton spiders crawled through the streets. But these spiders are actually man-made mechanical spiders with 14 drivers for each spider! The spider seemed entertaining but a little scary. Little children bawled (cried) at the sight. Some nice people even took pictures of the spider.

I think this is awesome but scary. It’s scary because it’s a big spider, an animal that no children like that is big and can squish people. It’s awesome because it is a man-made thing! The spider is 36 tons! That’s about 20 trucks! I wish I could go to Japan someday. . . .

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/04/video-of-the-week-monster-spiders-invade-japan

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:43 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 222

A British inventor has an idea of turning a toy wind-up car into a real car. This entered the Guinness Book of World Records. After receiving his license, Perry Watkins invented this little car. He managed to squeeze in. At first, people thought this idea was a belief. Then, after driving this car, came howls of laughter! This was the smallest car in the world in Wingrave, Buckinghamshire. We wonder what Perry Watkins will think of and invent next!

This is so cool and funny. This car looks like a little kid could drive it! But what if an accident happens? Uh, oh! What is cool is that it is so small but you can drive it! I would like to have that car someday…

Article posted October 16, 2008 at 03:41 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 124

Yes that is true! There is a twelve million dollar clock and it has NO hands or numbers!

“Hey, FamousStar3000, how is it a clock then?”

No clue. It looks like it is fake for a movie or something. Well it’s not. This Professor, Steven Hawking, made this clock. I think that he needs mental help. This clock is four feet and has sixty slits. Cool! On the top of the clock there is this hideous creature that looks like half butterfly, half ant and half ugly! Blah!

This is a closer look of what the clock looks like.

This is the man who built it and the clock.

Thanks for reading my story!

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:45 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 105

Trouble was Leona Helmsley’s dog. When she died, her family discovered that one of the biggest and most unexpected beneficiaries in her will was her eight year-old Maltese dog. Leona left 12,000,000 dollars for Trouble to live his fantastic life.

Trouble is a picky dog in my words. He will not eat from a bowl. On the other hand, my dog will even eat from the floor. Trouble only eats from one of Leona’s employees. Trouble will occasionally bite his or her hand. Before Leona died she requested that when Trouble dies she wants him or her to be buried next to her.

Trouble, in my beliefs, is probably the richest DOG. He lives in a 28 ROOM MANSION IN GREENWICH, CONNEDICUT. Leona was 369th place for one of the richest people in the world. She also owned a few hotels and one famous hotel in New York. Her nickname was “The Queen Of Mean.” (Hey, wait a second, that’s my nickname!)

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 03:23 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 90

You are going to hurt yourself with that net!

This boy, who is a five year old, is AMAZING at tennis! He can do a one hand back stroke. (Wow, I don’t even know what that means!) Jan began as a baby doing tennis. He started to play tennis when he was one year old! Jan’s babysitter would practice with him and also show him pictures of champion tennis players. When Jan was four years old, he was invited to a championship to play. Then this famous champion asked Jan to be part of his video.

That’s what I learned about Jan!

[LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:39 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 86

Impossible! that’s what you would say. Not anymore. TAKE THE BUS! Thirty-eight people from London took a bus 10,000 miles away to Australia! Can you believe that the bus journey took twelve weeks to Australia? What can you do on a bus all that time? Eat? Drink? Pee? Eat? Drink? Pee? That’s all I can think of. Well, I’m not really sure what they do. On the bus you would see the journey of World War 1. Isn’t that amazing? You will also see famous places and tallest mountains and more amazing stuff! So. . .why not take the bus?

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 95

Wouldn’t that be cool if you could send your stuffed animals to be in space? Would they die? Just kidding. I would do that, but I wouldn’t if it was my favorite one. I wonder if your stuffed animals are in space for a long time, would they blow up, run out of breath, disappear? I’m not really sure. These stuffed bears were launched up to space alone. That’s cool. I think the clothes for the bears were made up of aluminum foil. I got to go see you guys later!!!!! 

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 03:41 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 95

I sure don’t. But if you do, chew on this kind! Not mine! This kind of pencil will not ruin your teeth but they will have teeth marks in them! The companies that make this stuff make it for a reason. They want kids to focus in school. They also made this style of chairs to keep kids comfortable.:

Anyway, those pencils that have bite marks in them are sold for two dollars each at www.concentrate.org.uk .

I will tell you a few things they sell. A chair pad, padded school bag, and many more things for concentrating in school. They also made a gift for the teachers. Cups that say, ”Don’t mess around! Stop doing that!” and other teacher stuff like that. Another funny thing about it is instead of saying those things they can point to the mug! 

There is this HUMONGEOUS building with a HUMONGEOUS crossword puzzle painted on it! The crossword puzzle painting is 100 feet tall! One of the brain teasers in that the puzzle has 19 squares across and 34 squares down. Tourists around the world explore the cool city and what else they can find. When they are done and figured out the puzzle, they can come during the night and check the answers because they light up at night.

This is awesome!!! Is this in China or Japan? I don’t think it is in the United States. If it is, see you later!!

The biggest, no, I mean smallest car built

Have you ever seen clowns in really small cars? Well, they are small right? There is a smaller car in the world! You can actually lift this car up where you go. It is 52.3 inches. It has three wheels. I mean there are pretty cool ideas out in the world and the world’s smallest car? Good idea! I wonder if these “small cars” will soon become popular or something like that. I hope I can drive one when I get my license!

Read this!!!

You know how to get a candy bar, right? Put the dollar in the machine and you get it or sometimes it gets stuck! Well, none of that anymore! There is a human vending machine now. But it only works for Kit Kats. There is a hole in the back of the vending machine where the person working there can put their hands and head in the machine! I think this human machine is in China. “Hey, China, can you make a few for the U.S.????

Did you know that orangutan’s HATE WATER?! Well, I didn’t. Anyway, this mother orangutan’s baby was trapped in the water! Scientists tried to help the baby orangutan from drowning in the water! Unbelievable! Who and what could save the baby? Well, I got the answer for you right here. Scientists threw a rope to the mother orangutan, and they thought she would catch it. She did! She caught the rope, climbed on it, caught her baby, and threw it on her back! She even had to jump in the water. And now she HATES IT!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! Thank god the poor little baby did not die! And just to tell you, that mother is brave! 

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 112

There are these really funny signs around the world that don't make sense and makes you LOL! There was a sign that’s says "Stop" and underneath it it says "don’t stop at any time!"

You are probably thinking, “WHAT THE HECK! THAT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE!” That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I mean are these plain jokes or are these signs really there and supposed to be there? Also, you could get in a crash and get into accidents! If you don’t believe what I’m saying, check out these photos.

I mean look at this. LOOK AT IT!!!

Now do you see what I mean?

Article posted May 5, 2009 at 03:32 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

The eighty-two year old queen of Brittan is not that old because. . .she still texts people on her phone, has her OWN YouTube channel, and has A LOT emails. Isn’t that cool?? Most people my age don’t have that stuff! I mean, also most eighty-three year olds don’t have this stuff. I don’t think most of them know how to use this new (to them) technology! She also has these cool trends and lots of fashion. She also ABSOLUTLEY loves hats. (She is a hat crazy woman. Don’t tell her I said that!) She knows everything about the computer, and she first started using it three years ago! Also, she is well-known and got to meet Barack Obama! Check out these cool pictures of her!

Cool, right?!

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 103

Did you know that ants have magnets in their antennas to help them do what they want to do? Researchers think that the things ants pick up is with their antennas. Some ants have special eyes which they only follow by the movement of the sun. Also a well-known fact is that they have the largest brain out of all little insects. Ants talk to each other by stroking ridges of their abdomen to each other.

That’s cool, isn’t it???? Imagine, ants can talk and humans do what ants do. Weird. I think this is cool learning about ants. People should know what they can do otherwise they'll just STEP on them!

Don’t they look gross?

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:45 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 110

A dog saved a man's life. This is the way he saves his life. One day there was a man and he had a seizure. Then the dog named buddy saw his owner having a seizure. Then he called 911. When they answered, he stared to cry and bark. Then the police knew that something bad had happen. So they went over to the dog’s house. Then they saw Buddy next to the man barking, and they took the man to hospital.

I wonder how the owner of buddy trained him how to call 911? Once I read the story I read that he didn’t train Buddy. He didn’t train buddy, he had a different person help Buddy.

[LINK]

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:41 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 105

Andrew Moon made this car to explore the Antarctica to see how it was. He made this car drive on the ice instead of a bigger car because he would sink into the ice because of the weight of the car. He wanted to see the Antarctica to see the weather of the Antarctica. And he also wanted to see if there was any more life on the Antarctica because of what he heard about the penguins dying and the polar bears and the whales. Andrew wanted to test out his new car against a regular car. This car that Andrew Moon made goes 105 miles per hour, and it takes up a lot of gas. But it a good invented car because it goes really fast.

I wonder why Andrew Moon made this car?

[LINK]

Do you know that Obama might put Spiderman on the front cover of the dollar bill for saving the city? If you’re saying, "really?" then it's not true. But it might be true in this comic a guy made. In the comic, Spiderman says to Obama, "If I put you on my front cover magazine will you put me on the dollar bill?" Obama saves the city with Spiderman and the world. When Spiderman (aka Peter Parker) takes off his mask, he says the new president is going to need Spiderman.

[LINK] make this comic

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:53 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 103

During the night Disney World and Disney Land turn into a whole new place. During the night, they act like they never even took a break from Halloween. They make a parade during the night when all of the people want them to do a parade. There are an oversized Mickey Mouse and Miny Mouse. There are also oversized candy corn, lollipops, and even a life-like Goofy!

The people there make you go on the scariest rides there.

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 122

People came from 44 different countries to try out for this. Only two people made it to the finials. To win, it depends on balance, creativity, and style. The two finalist were Yousuke and Garnier from France. The next one will take place in Africa in the year 2010.

I think these people have good tricks at soccer.

[LINK]

Article posted December 18, 2008 at 03:23 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 90

This story is about four kids and a gorilla that live with them. He is called kj. They try to save the mountains from being destroyed by a big mechanical worm made by a man that likes to give the cities a lot of energy. But that is bad because whenever the worm wants to give the cities energy it eats any mountain near by.

I think these kids are doing a good thing by trying to save their city.

[LINK]

There are these snakes that they call Titanic Boas. They believe they lived on earth 58 million years ago. They found their bones buried in the ground and took them out and studied them. They said that the boas where related to the boa constrictor, and it weighed more than a ton.

I think this is cool they dug out the bones from the ground.

[LINK]

This dog learned how to pray from his master. This dog prays twice a day. First in the morning and before his dinner. This dog is a young Chihuahua. And guess what, this dog is only a half year old. Tourists come everyday to see the praying dog.

I think this is so cool because I never heard of a dog that prays.

[LINK]

Guess what? In Scotland they made mail boxes that are hammers and giraffes. They even put one under water. They said in the article that the mailman should pack his goggles and his air tank next time he comes. They made one about a giraffe, and they said that it’s good because the mailman can stay in his car while delivering mail to that house.

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:48 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 83

This plane in the United Kingdom makes boys and girls study in a plane. This happened when a boy wanted to make geography fun and thought of this idea. There were some minor problems. First, when the plane got delivered, it broke one of the houses close by. It didn’t just break the house, it broke the satellite dish. Then it knocked down a school's light pole. This plane cost $30,000.

I think that is so cool that they let kids study in a plane.

[LINK]

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 02:25 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 118

There is a race that people do to win the Red Bull championship. They go around these cones that are planted in the middle of the ocean. They go one by one or sometimes they go three by three. This takes place in San Diego. And it is one of the biggest race ever. I wish I could be one of the racers there.

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:38 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 134

This orangutan and his dog are friends. They met when Roscoe was a stray dog wandering around in this aquarium, and he saw the orangutan named Suriya. In the article it said, “it was friendship at first sight.” They were such an unusual friendship that they might be in an opera, YouTube, and even on the National Geographic Channel. And right now they are on TV. They do a bunch of stuff together. Like they go swimming on their free time, they ride on a 27 year old elephant, or just walk around together or hangout together when they feel lazy.

I think that’s really cool of them.

[LINK]

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 79

A dog saved a man's life by dialing 911 on the phone when his owner was having a seizure when he couldn’t blink an eyelid.

How did the cops understand the his owner was having a seizure.

[LINK]

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 02:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

In the U.K. they found a new kind of lobster. They were shocked by what they saw. They say that they are going to keep in an aquarium.

I think they should just let them go free in their real habitat.

[LINK]

This article is about in San Francisco, on Saturdays, people watch people race.

I wouldn’t race because you may get hurt really bad.

[LINK]

Barrack Obama was a big fan of Spiderman so he got involved in one of his comics. Someone pretends to be Obama for the inaguration.

I think it would be so cool to be in a comic, especially in a Spiderman comic.

[LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:51 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 107

In the 1960s and the 1970s Australia found a new species of turtles. They have green hair and they say that the cool looking turtle is great as a pet. But now they are the most endangered species of turtles.

I think they shouldn’t catch them and sell them as pets because you're taking it away from its natural habitat. And maybe the pet owners might be bad and would not take good care of it.

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 03:25 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 92

Every year thousands of fans come to see people trying to beat the record of 4,071,381 dominos knocked over. But this year some people from the Netherlands beat the record. Their record was 4,345,027.

I think that’s pretty cool because you must have practiced a lot to build that much dominos and then making cool things by knocking them over.

Article posted December 18, 2008 at 03:36 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 83

A dog was deaf so her owner tried to show her sign language. It took awhile for the dog to learn sign language, but he finally did it. The commands that he knows right now are sit, stay, dance, lie down, paw, kiss, and good girl.

I think that’s pretty cool, a dog knowing sign language. I wish my dog knew sign language, even though he’s not deaf.

[LINK]

A penguin was born weird because he never wants to get into the water. Sometimes the zoo keepers have to force the penguin to go into the water. But he won't go into the water.

I feel bad for that penguin because if you’re the only one in your family that is afraid to swim that must be so embarrassing.

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 03:09 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 91

The Simpson’s have been a television show for about 20 years. Finally they got the respect that they deserve because the US is selling stamps about each character. The USPS are hoping that their popularity will help spark interest in stamp collecting.

I think that’s pretty cool that the Simpson’s have their own stamp. I hope I get a stamp.

[LINK]

The inventor of Rubics Cube invented something even more challenging. It is called the “Rubics 360.” It is now a sphere, and they say that it is going to come out in August, 2009.

I think that’s pretty cool because the old one was super hard for me. The new Rubics 360 must be super hard.

[LINK]

This article is about a parrot that learned how to roll over, flip, play GOLF, and BOWL. Also, the trainer taught him how to make a hole in one in golf. Or should I say mini-golf? Ha, ha! He also taught him how to make a strike in bowling.

If you ask me, that would be so cool to have a parrot that can play golf, bowl, and that can do wicked moves.

Article posted May 8, 2009 at 03:41 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 101

The article is about how every year people try to get new police cars and this year a lot of people from different places got new police cars. Like, one place got a Lamborgini and a Barabus which is the fastest.

Well, if you ask me, I would love to have a car like the Barabus and a Lamborghini.

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:53 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 109

There are these amazing creatures all the way in the bottom of the ocean like shrimps with eyes on their backs, clams the size of a dinner plate, and animals with see through skulls. And they can even duplicate in a little time.

Well, if you ask me I would love to see those creatures especially the ones that you can see through.

[LINK]

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 05:56 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 121

This house is so cool! Who could imagine a house built upside down?! This house is in the northern island of Usedom. There were only two men working on it.

I think that would take a lot of time. If I lived in that house I think I would get sick. I love that it's upside down. I just think if I were to live there I would get sick sleeping upside down.

[LINK]

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 112

The Cabbage Patch Kids are turning 25. I never knew they where around so long. The really cool part about Cabbage Patch Kids is that they say they were born in 1973 and started being adopted in 1980. You could feel like you were really adopting a real child.

That’s really cool how TOYS R US named Cabbage Patch Kids. Who came up with the Cabbage Patch Kids with real hair? Did they always come with diapers?

[LINK]

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 03:04 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 123

Wow, that must be cool, having a hotel made out of ice! It was first built in the 1980s. It wasn’t really a hotel at first. It was just a big thing made out of ice. A group of people decided to camp out in it and that was the beginning of that.

I would love to stay in the ice hotel. It's so cool how there is a hotel made out of ice. It must have taken a lot of time to make it every year.

[LINK]

This lady must really like black dots with white backgrounds!

Karen Ferrier's obsession with black spots with white backgrounds started about 17 years ago when she got her first Dalmatian puppy, Ditto. To this day, she’s still Dalmatian crazy and can’t get enough black dots with white backgrounds. She has about everything you can imagine with black spots with white backgrounds. Even her jewelry has that print!

I think it’s really cool how almost everything she owns has a black dots with a white background. If you don’t believe me look at this picture.

Now tell me that that’s not a lot of things with black dots and white backgrounds?

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/01/08/she-loves-dalmations

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:52 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 160

This is so cool! A man built a pumpkin canoe. The canoe is 760 ponds and is the gourd of the pumpkin. The man, JR, is riding his pumpkin up and down the Wisconsin River to try to raise money for kids with special needs to try to get them trips.

I think it’s a very good thing that JR is doing to help. I think the reason why he did is because people would want to see a man ride up and down the Wisconsin River in a pumpkin canoe instead of a regular canoe. I think that’s really cool and helpful what your doing, JR.

[LINK]

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 03:43 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 97

Wow, an edible Mona Lisa!

Emma Statie created the edible Mona Lisa, also known as the Mona Lasagna. She was created in two weeks and was made out of 10,000 pieces of pasta. She is now displayed in a pizza hut in Paris, France.

Wow, I think it’s cool that somebody made a Mona Lisa out of pasta. I wonder how she got it to look just like the real Mona Lisa? I think she did a really good job, and if I ever go to Paris I want to see it!

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/12/01/an-edible-mona-lisa

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 03:16 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 104

Wow, that’s so cool how the Addis family makes Christmas sculptures out of legos. The Addis family loves legos, and they go lego crazy every year. This year they made a church out of 250,000 legos.

I think it's so cool how they made a church out of legos for Christmas! And they do it every year! All I have to say is wow!

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/12/13/a-great-christmas-tradition

Wow, these man are so brave! They walked across the Antarctica from Hercules Inlet on the Ronne Ice Shelf to the South Pole only using snow shoes and skies! Now tell me that’s not amazing! The team's names are Ray Zahab, Kevin Valley, and Richard Weber, Their team name is Impossible2possible. One of the men in the team, Ray Zahab, is famous for his 4500 mile run across the Sahara Desert. He ran for 111 days straight with no rests. WOW! Now look at this of the men in the South Pole.

Look at that! That is so cool! And the next people who are up in the south Pole can say WOW. People from Canada have been here.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/01/17/south-pole

I can’t believe this! There is a temporary snow hotel in Finland. This snow hotel can hold 48 guests. And if you don’t like the cold, don’t go there because it is about 5 degrees below zero in the hotel and outside it's about15 degrees below zero outside so you can never escape the cold. They also have a chapel from the video. I learned it’s a cool place to get married. To find out more about this snow hotel watch this video.

I think this is a really cool hotel, and I think it’s even cooler that it’s a new hotel. Every year because there are different builders. I would love to go there but I think it would be way to cold for me.

Wow! A pink Dolphin. The rare “pink bottlenose dolphin” has been spotted in Lake Calcasieu, an inland saltwater estuary in Louisiana. Scientists think the dolphin suffers from albinism. It is a sickness from the lack of “pigmentation, which is responsible for the skin color of all living creatures.” People are told not to get to close to the dolphin because it is the only one of its kind.

Look at this picture:

That pink bottlenose dolphin is so cool looking. Look at this picture:

I think it’s the closest picture they got of the pink bottlenose dolphin.

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:47 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 79

Wow! Have you ever wanted to get up close to the animals in the zoo without their being glass! Well, now you can because the Lujan Zoo in Buenos Aires (the capital of Argentina) lets you actually ride on, hug, pet, and whatever else you can do to an animal with whatever animal they have at the zoo. Isn’t that crazy!

I don’t think I would want to ride on a lion or even pet one because you never know an animal can turn on you at any time or any place.

This girl is so lucky. They let her stay after the zoo closed and let her feed a tiger milk and a lot of other crazy things that includes holding a monkey chewing gum!

Article posted May 12, 2009 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 99

Do you study flowers? Are you interested in learning more about flowers? Well, today is your lucky day because I’m going to tell you about a flower that you want to keep your distance from. It’s called the Titan Arum and can only be found in the equatorial forests of Sumatra, Indonesia. Let me tell you something about it: IT STINKS! The good thing is that the gross garbage smell only lasts three days.

Wow! I feel bad for however owns this flower, even thought it is pretty. Don’t you agree?

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/04/26/the-world-s-stinkiest-flower

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 113

Wow! This is really cool! In Japan they're trying to get a Beluga Whale to speak! Watch this video and see how they're getting the whale to speak.

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:55 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 102

Have you ever heard of thousand dollar paintings? Usually adults paint them, right? Well, not anymore. Two year old Aelita Andre has broken a record in my mind. She is two years old and is painting thousand dollar paintings.

I think she might get it from her parents because her mother and father are both artists. Some people say that her parents help her, but they claim they don’t.

To see anything I didn’t put in my writing look at this video:

And look at this picture of her painting. She looks like a true artist.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/18/video-of-the-week-genius-toddler-artist

A guy named Otzi was found by two hikers in the middle of Austria and Italy . Scientists believe that Otzi has inhabited the earth 5,300 or 53 centuries ago. Otzi died when he was just 45 years old. He died by an arrow wound that he had in his back. Scientists found meat and bread in his intestine.

That is so gross.

That is so cool how the hikers found him. I wonder if there are other people like Otzi who died anywhere.

http://classblogmeister.com/blog_edit.php?userid=206877

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 06:49 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 93

There is a dog called Buddy. His owner had an attack that is called a seizure. So the dog called 911. When they answered, the dog stared barking. When the police got there Buddy was barking at Joe. If it was not for Buddy Joe would not be alive.

I think that having that dog is very lucky because if something bad happens that dog will call 911.

[LINK]

Birds, deer, owls, hedgehogs and other forest animals are chirping a British Christmas song saying, “I wish I had a home for Christmas.” People are tearing their homes down and they do not have homes.

[LINK]

I think that this is a cool way for the forest animals to tell people to not tear their

homes down.

Article posted October 20, 2008 at 03:57 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 88

In September and October the Disneyland and Disneyworld are having a trick or tteat party. They give out candy, and if you don’t like candy there are also places were there are carrots, fruit and other stuff.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would like to be there for a long time. Now that would be cool.

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 02:59 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 78

In a city in Italy they found a 1000 year old artifact. Archeologists have known about

the existence of the Khazars Empire from Jewish, Arab, and European historians. Very little was known about their culture, habits, and style of living until now. The Khazars were a Turkic Tribe, who practised Judaism (Jewish religion). They were mainly found in the regions around Northern China and the Black Sea.

I think that it is cool that they found 1000 year old artifacts because then you can put them in a museum and make a copy so people can buy it. If they put it in the museum people are going to get amazed because some people have never seen stuff that is 1000 years old.

[LINK]

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 03:47 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 71

There is a Christmas tree that is made out of pearls and diamonds and other kinds of jewelry. It is also made out of gold boxes. They used 24 of those gold boxes. They also made a model of a character in a show with stars that are in Japan. They also made a model of Mickey Mouse.

That is so cool that they made a model of that stuff. It is cool that they made a Christmas tree out of jewelry and other stuff. Who ever made that they must be a good designer and that person must have taken a lot of time on that. Coolest tree ever!!!

A sea mammal is playing a toy saxophone. He tries so hard to pretend that he is playing the saxophone. The sea mammal has only been playing the saxophone for a week.

That is cool that a sea mammal can pretend to play the saxophone. That must have taken a long time to train that animal. But still it is so cool.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/12/08/video-of-the-week-a-walrus-saxophonist

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 03:12 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 103

This guy found British money and he brought it to the police. A few days later the police called the guy and told him that noone has claimed the money, and he could keep it. People from England told him if he could find the right pieces and put them together they would give him a new one.

That is so cool that he found that in there. I wish that happened to me. That is the coolest thing ever.

THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/12/08/the-20-000usd-jigsaw-puzzle

There is a hen that laid the biggest egg I have ever seen. It weighs 199kg and it's times bigger than a normal egg. That is cool. The hen laid it two weeks ago.

The must have been a big hen because no hen can lay that big of an egg. That is so cool!

There is a castle that is made out of snow and ice. It is like a hotel because you get married there. You can even sleep there but you have to wear worm stuff because it is 5 degrees in there. It is much warmer outside than in there. There is restaurant it there. And the cups are made out of ice. That is so cool!

It would be so cool to sleep there. But it would be too cold to be there. Wouldn’t your hand get cold and your lip get cold if you are holding that cup and drinking juice out of that cup?

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/02/09/video-of-the-week-finlands-snow-castle

There are so many mailboxes that are so boring. So a person made a mailbox the is so much cooler than the old ones. There is hammer mail box, an underwater mailbox, and there is even a mailbox that looks like an Apple computer. How cool is that? There is a mail box that looks like a giraffe so when the van comes they don’t have to get out of the vain.

That is so cool. I wish that I had a mail box just like a giraffe so when the van comes he does not have to get out of there.

Article posted May 4, 2009 at 03:13 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 124

A butler in Pennsylvania got his house moved to a better place. He got the house rebuilt from the inside to look really good than it was before. There are four bedrooms. For all that he had to pay just one dollar. Almost one year later they were ready to move in. That is so cool.

That is really cool, a house that you dream of for just one dollar. Don’t you wish that you had a house for just one dollar?

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 02:33 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 104

There is an old women that just turned 115 years old. They celebrated her birthday in Los Angeles. Maria de Jesus was 115 when she died. Ms. Baines is now the oldest person in the world. She was born in 1894, and her dad was a slave. Her daughter got killed when she was just a toddler. Ms.Baines had a lot of energy in 1912 when she was 18 and the when the Titanic ship sank. She got in to the Guinness Book of Records, and she also got a letter from Barack Obama telling her congratulations and wishing her a happy birthday. Barack Obama told her on TV "Happy Birthday." Never in her did she drink or smoke. She is going to meet Barack Obama next year.

That is so cool. I hope that she is still alive when she is 118. I wish her good luck, and hope that she is still going to be alive.

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:44 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 142

There is this house that is just made out of wood. Simon and his friend build this house because they want to save the earth. They carved it instead of cutting the trees down. Simon says that him and his family like the way that they live.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/24/a-real-life-hobbit-house

Kids news - A Real-Life Hobbit House via kwout

</div>

I like the way that they live. I thimk it is really cool the way that they live.

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 03:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 83

There is a little girl that is only two years old and she is an artist. Her name is Aelita Andre. A gallery added her as an artist. After the man knew that it was just a two year old girl he said that he is going to see what happens. Her paintings sold so fast. Aelita Andre even has her own website. He might be really happy about her.

That is soo cool, a two year old that is an artist. People are buying her paintings really fast. I would like one of her paintings.

Article posted June 2, 2009 at 01:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 114

There is this contest about who can make the smelliest sneakers. Whoever can make the smelliest sneakers win 2,500 dollars, and they win a golden sneaker. This kid named Joshua Bothe won the contest. Even professionals think that they are the smelliest sneakers they have ever smelled. Joshua steps on dog poop, mud, and he even spills fish juice on his shoes so that it can smell really bad. Joshua won 2,500 dollars, and with that money he went to new York went to Broadway to see the "Lion King." Now Joshua is showing his brother his collections of all the awards he won.

That is gross, making stinky sneakers and cool at the same time because he's getting all those awards. He even won the contest. Wow, that is so cool.

The next time you get in trouble by your parents for watching too much television, just tell your parents that you are in training for the Ultimate Couch Potato Competition. Even though it is for people 18 years old and older, trust me, they probably won’t know.

If YOU don’t know what the Ultimate Couch Potato Competition is I’ll tell you. The competitions are sponsored by ESPN Zone. They only have this competition once a year in three different cities: New York, Baltimore, and Chicago. The rules are really simple. All you do is sit down, watch T.V.(ESPN ONLY) without falling asleep, and order an unlimited amount of food and drinks. Plus, the only time you can get up is when you need a bathroom break.

I mean, how easy is that?!

Other than the stay-awake-part, that is so easy. All you have to do is watch ESPN, eat as much food and drink as many drinks as you want, and go to the bathroom whenever you need to. I would have won that competition like 30 times in a row in each city, if you were allowed to sleep.

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 02:28 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 299

This unicycle machine is a type of motorbike with two wheels except instead of it having wheels back to back the wheels are side by side. Also it's not just cool but it runs on electricity. Another cool thing about it is that it only weighs 120lbs so it can just be carried into your garage or in your house. And to charge it you can just plug it into a normal outlet in your house.

I think this idea is good because it runs on electricity, it's not polluting the air, and it's easy to carry and charge. I hope he (Ben Gulak) succeeds.

[LINK]

Article posted October 2, 2008 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 102

The xr3 hybrid is a two passenger car that you can’t get at a car show. You just go on the Internet and order it and it comes right to your door.

Another cool thing about it is there is only one door. So you open it and the whole top comes up so both people get in it at once.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/09/09/this-eco-friendly-car-arrives-in-a-kit

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 103

This motorbike is called the Crouching Jaguar and it is the most popular motorbike ever. It’s probably more popular than a car itself. It is a whole new dimension. It even has its own logo. The inventor said it came to him when he was doodling in his office, and then he was just combining company logos to make his logo.

I think it is really cool the way he designed it and how there is a Jaguar on it. I hope someday I can get it. If you look closely you can see a Jaguar.

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 03:38 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 83

Nik Wallenda is a guy who I guess isn’t afraid to do a crazy stunt. He started doing stunts when he found out he was born into a circus family, the “Flying Wallendas." He has grown up watching his father, grandfather, and his great-grandfather performing some of the world's wildest stunts. However, what Nik did on Tuesday, had everyone really, really scared.

In front of a live audience of 400 people and thousands more people watching on television, Nik rode his bicycle 235 feet. But he didn’t ride his bicycle on the ground. He balanced on top of a wire as thick as a cigar, 128 feet off the ground - setting a new record for the longest distance crossed on a tight-rope by a bicycle.

The wire was put in between two cranes at the Prudential Center Arena in Newark, New Jersey. Nik rode a normal bicycle, with no tires, so that the rim of the wheel could grip on to the rope.

Wearing special shoes made by his mother, he kept his balance by holding on to a 45-pound pole. His father, who has done stunts that kind of like that when he was young, spent the entire time encouraging and advising his son through an earphone, and making sure the tension on the wire was at an good level.

This is really amazing to me. I haven’t seen that many stunts, but out of all of them I’ve seen this is the most amazing stunt ever.

Even if you are not a a Star Wars fan, at some point we all probably wished we could use the force like in Star Wars to make something happen(or move) by just thinking it.

Your wish will soon be made but only if you buy these toys from Uncle Milton's or Mattel. Uncle Milton's "Force Trainer" is used with a head trainer that uses brainwaves to move a ping-pong ball 10 inches in a tall clear plastic tower tube. A wireless headset that you put on your head reads the brain's activity which, if it is completely focused on moving the ball, will start up a training remote pointing at the base of the toy. Then it will create a flow of air that helps the ball get higher and higher in the tower.

I think it is really cool. If I get it (which I'll probably not), I will make sure the friend that first comes to my house after I get it will not know that it has brainwaves in it. Then I’ll tell them to watch me use my “special force powers” to make the ping-pong ball go higher and higher. Then they will say, “WOAH… HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!” Then I will say, “Can you keep a secret?” They will say yes because they want to know how to do it. Then I will say, “Cool, so can I.”

A Cinder is a pig that is afraid of mud, and now there is a penguin that is afraid of WATER! How could a penguin be afraid of water? It’s like they're home! How is he supposed to eat? It is 11 years old, and its name is Kentucky. That’s like saying an 11 year old boy is afraid to play video games. I guess the zookeepers at the Black Brook Zoo Park in Staffordshire feed him, but still, I think that’s amazing and weird at the same time.

Measuring at just 58 inches in length and 39 inches in width is the smallest car ever built. The car is designed to fit one person and a bag or maybe a suitcase. It's called the Peel P50. The car only has three wheels, one door (on the left), one windshield, and one headlight. It is a city car and it only goes 38 mph. If you want to buy it, it will only be $400. Also it only weighs 130lbs.

I thinks it's cool. I wish they made small cars like that for kids and kids had their own road.

[LINK]

On February 17th, some lucky fans of the movie “The Titanic,” got to relive what is was like to be on the Titanic on the horrible day in 1912 when the Titanic sunk. Ticket holders were asked and kind of had to dress in costumes people would wear in the year of 1912. Once there, they were given the choice of watching the movie, sitting on lifeboats floating in a swimming pool filled with icebergs, lieing on the sides of the pool, or lieing on beach chairs placed around the area. They also had an unlimited amount of snacks and drinks. Also, if you decided to watch the movie, you watched it in HD (High Definition). While you were watching the movie, there would be people dressed up as workers that would actually be on the Titanic, and everytime something bad happened they would react the way the workers on the Titanic would.

Titanic is a good movie. I like it a lot. I wish I knew about it because I sure would have wanted to go. WHO WOULDN’T!?

An unknown comic collector made headlines on March 13th after paying $317,000 for a rare original copy of the first comic featuring, Superman, his girlfriend Lois Lane, and magician Giovanni ‘John’ Zatara. That’s the most anyone has ever bought a comic for.

It was sold in an Internet auction on a website called Comicconnect.com. The superhero classic got over 89 bids in two weeks.

They say it was not the first superhero comic ever published, but it was the first superhero comic ever created.

I think it is crazy how these people go wild off of these things. Well, I could understand it for the first comic ever created, but some people spend a lot of money for nothing.

[LINK]

Article posted May 18, 2009 at 02:53 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 327

Volcano boarding is a sport that was first made at the Cerro Negro volcano in Nicaraguain 2005, by a tour company. The tour takes a 45-minute hike up the back of the volcano. Close to the top, hikers can look at the views, get up close to the center of the volcano, and even look into the bottom of the volcano if they want.

When they're ready, each volcano boarder has a short warm up session. Then they put on special protective suits, knee-pads, protective glasses get a special board, so that they can go 1,640 feet down the sandy side of the volcano. Most volcano boarders come down sitting, but there are really special boards available for those who want to be brave and go down standing.

I think this is really cool. I only went snowboarding once, and I don’t think I’m ever going to go volcano boarding.

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 80

Every year, police departments all over the world order new patrol cars for their unit. Over time they have made this a friendly competition with a lot of countries to see who ends up with the fastest cars. Below are some of the contenders.

This is an Italian Police Force - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4

This is a United States- Custom Made Car

I think these cars are really cool. You can look up more about them on Google like how fast they go. Also, here are some more cars that were in the competition: There was a German Police Force - Brabus 'Rocket' CLS V12 S and an Austrian Police Force - Porsche 911.

Article posted May 1, 2009 at 03:26 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 99

A 5th Grade reporter from Pahokee, who has interviewed more celebrities than most real reporters, has got a full college scholarship from the Albany State University in Georgia. That’s amazing to me!

His name is Damon Weaver, and he goes to Cunningham/Canal Point Elementary School in Palm Beach. He started to get famous after his interview with the Vice President, Joe Biden in October 2008.

Soon he was interviewing important people like Colin Powell and Caroline Kennedy. He also got to work on a special series about bad things in his neighborhood for the Television show 20/20 and interview celebrities. For example, Paula Abdul for Disney’s Dreamer Academy. He even went to the President's Inaugural ceremony.

I think that’s awesome because he gets a full scholarship to a university and now he is famous.

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 82

When Sarah Quinlan looked at her computer screen late one one morning, she noticed she had bought an earth digger and assumed that it was one of those toys that she had bought the night before. But that was until she checked her e-mail. She saw the bill and it was a lot of money. $20,000 In New Zealand money and in American it is $12,300. At that point she found out that her son Little Pipi had ordered a real earth digger. The mom was panicking a lot and then she called the seller and told he guy it was a big mistake. Luckily he let them off the hook and everything was back to normal.

I think that she was so lucky. Next time she should get a lock on her computer so little Pipi won’t buy another EARTH DIGGER!

[LINK]

Article posted September 18, 2008 at 02:12 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 95

John Peterson wanted to build a tree house for his two kids and, boy, did he get carried away! He built a mansion: it is two stories high, has no rope but instead a spiral staircase, eight lights and eight electric sockets.

I don’t think his kids were asking for all that but they got it and I bet they are happy and like that. Their dad went totally overboard.

[LINK]

Article posted September 25, 2008 at 07:15 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 94

Ping Ping, who is suffering dwarfisim, is the shortest living person. He is 20-year old and lives in China. He is only 29.37 inches tall, about half the size of just the legs of Svetlana Pankratova. She lives in Russia and measures a 51.96 inches. At his tallest Ping Ping just reaches Svetlana's knees.

I think there must be some way to make Ping Ping a little taller. I mean, we have pretty advanced technology. There should be something that could make him a least a little taller. 

Go here to read more!

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 03:32 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 87

This article is about a man who traveled with the only company that takes normal people to space. He is the 6th person to go there as a tourist. He is there on a ten day trip. His name is Richard Garriot, famous for his Ultima video games. He is the first tourist that is actually a son or daughter of a astronaut. He was never able to accomplish his life long dream of being a astronaut. But he got the next best thing, being able to fly in a space ship. That is, after he took astronaut training. He wants to leave a trace of our human culture so if something happened to the earth other life systems will be able to know we were there.

I wonder what he left as a trace? I hope it is something that we would want to remember us. Maybe I’ll be a astronaut or a tourist. But according to this article, you can sort of be both at the same time.

Read more about Space Adventure and their future missions, check out their website.

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 88

A deaf dalmation learned sign language. Deafness is common in dalmations, though. This dog's owner had no idea of the disability and returned the dog to the shelter. The shelter taught the dog the signs sit, stay, dance, paw, lie down, kiss, and good girl.

I find it amazing that you can teach deaf dogs to basicly hear. If humans can do that it could make, like, a whole new generation of pets. The Pet That Understands! Price $5000!

[LINK]

Article posted December 15, 2008 at 03:35 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 85

That was one big moon! But it isn’t the moon, it is the orbit. The orbit does not go in a circle so there is a point when the moon seems smaller but it isn’t and then when it seems bigger like on 12/12/08.

Try This: Put two fingers in front of your eyes and make a pinching motion in front of your eyes. Now do it while looking at a person’s head. It should look like you are crushing the head. If it doesn’t, well, you're weird. I recommended this for anger management. Just kidding.

It is kind of like the moon because you can’t really crush somebody’s head in between fingers.

I saw the moon when it was big but not that big. I guess that I missed it. I saw it around 5:00.

[LINK]

This video is about a hen that is amazing at laying eggs. She layed one that was so big, it took up a quarter of her body size. The hen isn’t even that big but its eggs are bigger than a crocodile’s eggs and crocodiles can grow to six feet.

Now this is something you don’t see at the average supermarket, a super egg. At first I thought the eggs were fake, but once I found out they weren’t I loved this article. Think about someone having a baby that is about four times bigger than the average size. That would be one giant baby! Now think of a chick. That will be a giant ball of fuzz. Maybe if the baby lives it will start a new generation of giant hens and stuff. Let's hope they don’t want world domination or something.

[LINK]

The ultimate donut challenge! It is just like a charity run only they need to train by. . .learning to run with dozens of donuts in their stomachs! Each runner runs from North Carolina University to a Krispy Kream donut shop then back. They raised about 35,000 dollars. You may also be thinking what is the point of getting all cramped up for nothing. Well, you must not be to smart because the only reason anyone ever does something there must be a award for it. And here is the reward: a golden trophy of a donut and 5 dozen donuts.

This is one funny article. It also makes me more hungry by the minute.

[LINK]

This article is about “Otzi,” the Iceman, a 53 year old. . .wait, I mean 45 year old that died 5,300 years ago! He was discovered on a mountain range between Italy and Austria by two hikers. He was found with Native American clothes (loin cloth, hide coat, leggings, grass weaved cloak), a copper axe, bow and arrows, and a dagger. They want to show people the 5,300 year old mummy but they do not want people jeopardizing it, so they took 130,000 HD picture of Otzi from 12 different angles. He also had 57 tattoos. They are pretty sure that he died from a arrow wound in his back that was left unhealed and from exhaustion. They found bread in his intestine from his last meal about eight hours before he died. At his death he was 45 years old and 5.5 ft tall and 112lbs.

If I found Otzi I would have been so freaked out I probably would have smashed it up. It is a good thing I didn't find it.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/03/09/otzi

This article is about a parrot named AJ who is trained to do tricks. In the video he hit a tiny golf ball into a hole and then took the ball out of the hole. He can also dunk a basketball in this tiny hoop, and also he can bowl.

That is so cool if I had a pet like that I’d play with it forever.

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 03:22 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 104

The oldest person on the planet turned 115 on 4/16/09. The other person died at age 115. Gertrude Baines is now the planet's oldest person. She celebrated her birthday in Los Angeles. It was considered a “low key” party with music and a few friends. President Barrack Obama sent a letter congratulating her on her feat. She is now in the Guinness Book of World Records.

I bet she is very wise after being alive for so long. She has lived through many wars. We are studying about 30 years before her birth and that is amazing!

[LINK]

Article posted May 1, 2009 at 03:18 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 84

It was a normal weekend and the Utley family was going to go to the flea market to sell some clothes and their beloved dog Tinker Bell was leashed to a cooler. Suddenly there where 70 mph winds and the dog blew away!

They then talked to a psychic and he (or she) determined where he would be. And he was actually there!

This is a crazy story. This reminds me of the stories where a dog is found in another continent like a year later.

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 117

There are these crazy fish that this scientist found. It is cool. There are fish with transparent brains and stuff.

I would love having one of those fish as my pet.

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:31 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 79

There was this beehive on the side of a GameSpot store. When the Queen bee left the hive they tried to follow her scent and it brought them to a video game store. (I didn't know queen bees like video games.) The store employees tried to put an end to it with a call to 911 but they refused to help. It wasn't an "emergency." They told the employees to try 311. They couln't help either. They even contacted the mayor. Meanwhile a good samaritan tried to capture some in a bag. But that was nothing, there were still a ton of bees. Finally after a couple hours living in "bee tornado," a bee expert lured the bees away with a fake version of the queens scent. They are now in Upstate New York bothering someone there.

Want to know something surprising, not one person got stung by a bee. I guess the bees really wanted the Bee Movie video game or something.

[LINK]

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 77

There was a dog who saved his owner’s life three times. The dog, Buddy, was trained to save people and dial 911. They started training Buddy when he was 8-weeks old. I think it is cool how he saved his owner. I wish he was mine. Then I won’t need to worry that much. [LINK]

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 03:04 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 68

You mostly think that lobsters are red, but some people actually saw some colorful lobsters. Some lobsters are blue, yellow, or even white. Two fishermen found a colorful lobster. They did not even how rare it was!

I think it is cool how they found very special lobsters. They should be very proud of themselves. I wish I was them.

[LINK]

This is about animals that are singing and playing instruments. Some animals have lips that we do.

It is so funny that if you say it is not, you must be some kind of alien.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/12/22/video-of-the-week-xmas-greetings-from-the-forest-animals

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 02:36 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 116

This article is about a cat named Frankie. He always goes out, and when he returns, there will be a toy in his mouth. So far, he has 15 of the same leopard, 2 green witch hats, teddy bears, and even a beef burger.

I think this article is very funny because you would not think of a cat stealing toys. Would you?

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 03:43 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 102

It happened when Erica Miller, mother of a two-year old, suddenly had a very bad headache that actually made her pass out. Instead of panicking, Alana, the baby went to the phone and dialed 911. She said, “Momma owie.”

I think that it was sad and happy. I think that it was an amazing story even though Erica actually showed her a few months ago when there is an “owie” you dial 911.

http://www.dogonews.com/2007/10/29/two-year-old-saves-mothers-life

Honeybees are disappearing from all over the United States. The Western States such as California have lost 30 to 60 percent of the honeybees, while the East Coast and Texas have lost about 70% of their honeybees. The bees leave the colony to look for nectar and pollens then they never return. This was so serious to the researchers that they called the problem, “colony collapse disorder."

I would be scared about what is happening to the honeybees if I were the researchers. It is VERY scary.

There is a lady named Ms.Kanchana Ketkaew. She is known as The Scorpion Queen. She set a new world record for staying in a place with 5,000 scorpions on her for 33 days.

If I were her, I would be scared. I think she is amazing and brave, even though some of my friends think she is freaky.

There is a bird that can play golf, basketball, do flips and roll over. AJ can do so many tricks that they had to have two videos of AJ doing tricks.

I think AJ is so cool. I want to have a bird just like AJ.

[LINK]

There is a pink bottlenose dolphin in Lake Calcasieu. If you don’t know where Lake Calcasieu is, it is some where in Louisiana. The dolphin looks like if it is freshly painted throughout his entire body and his reddish-eyes. Scientist thinks that the dolphin suffered a genetic condition caused by lack of the pigmentation called albinism. Since the dolphin’s skin is light pink, the dolphin tends to avoid the sun. How does the dolphin avoid the sun? Well, all he has to do is stay underwater as much as possible. Other than that, the dolphin is healthy.

I want to see the dolphin some day. That is amazing! Wow!

Article posted April 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 87

Cannel is the world oldest dog. She is going to turn 147 years old (21 in dog years) on May 8th. She lives in Port Jefferson Station, Idaho. She belongs to a 51 year old Denise Shaugnessy, who adopted Cannel when she was 6 weeks old. Denise says that even though Cannel has a little hearing problem and suffering from cataracts in her eyes, Cannel is healthy. Denise also said that the secret to Cannel’s long live is a lot of pampering, which includes a body massage after ever run and the choice of dog food or human food, which includes macaroni and cheese.

Denise must feel very lucky to have the oldest dog. I wonder what will happen if Channel died before her 147th birthday. Oh, why am I always thinking of horrible things that can happen? I want to see the dog in real life.

[LINK]!

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:47 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 77

Have you ever heard of an ice hotel? Well, there is one in the village of Jukkasjarvi. It is 200 km north of the Arctic Circle in Sweden, on the bank of Tourne River. There is a lot of tourists in the summer. But in the winter the hotel is quite deserted, and that is when everything is a block of ice.

I think it is so cool how there is a hotel made of ice. I would be freezing in there, especially if I am cold in a pool on a summer day.

Article posted May 5, 2009 at 03:11 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 98

In DOGONews, there is a video that shows the year in 40 seconds. This video was made by Eric Solheim. I think the video was cool. It looked like I was there in all four seasons. I want you to enjoy this video.

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:33 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 101

Once there was this homeowner that was walking out in her yard when she saw a fox with his head stuck inside a jar. The homeowner called the animal rescue service. They wet the back of the animal’s head and helped him slide out of the jar. After that, the fox ran away, and he never came back.

I am so happy for the fox!

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:30 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 93

Roscoe was a stray blue tick hound roaming the streets of the animal sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, when he met an orangutan named Suriya. When they saw each other, Suriya went over and took Roscoe under her wings and the two of them started to do things together. They spend many of the free times they have swimming, taking walks, or hanging out together.

That was so cool. Roscoe is so lucky.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/26/video-of-the-week-an-unusual-friendship

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 03:04 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 68

Have you ever wondered when hurricane season starts? It starts in. . . .

A hurricane season starts on June 1st and ends November 30th in the northern hemisphere. But in the southern hemisphere hurricanes start in October and ends in May.

I think that a hurricane is very bad for plants and people because a lot of people could die if they got sucked up in it. They could suffer too.

[LINK]

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 03:11 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 103

The world’s smallest man meet the woman with the world's tallest legs. They got together last year. The lady and the man are in the great book of records and now the man is in China!

Article posted October 21, 2008 at 07:01 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 104

Oh, my goodness! What happened to the happiest place on EARTH? It turned spooky! Is it that its almost Halloween or they just like it to look like that to get more people? It's sure scares me! I can't wait untill Halloween. I bet it will be spooky!

Mwahahahaha!

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Article posted December 11, 2008 at 06:55 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 85

The 2008 kids science challenge is a challenge for kids third grade through six grade. It is a nation wide science competition where you can submit science experiments for real scientist to solve. The competition is sponsored by the National Science Foundation!

I think this is a great way for us kids to be involved in science!

[LINK]

Article posted December 16, 2008 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 117

A toddler, Jaylynn, was saved by two puppies when he wondered into the woods. He went further and further and further away from the house. The babysitter alerted the police and family and even strangers. He was in the wood all night and it was 17 DEGREES!! They cuddled up with Jaylynn and 24 hours later one of the search groups found Jaylynn in the woods near a tree. The dogs refused to leave Jaylynn's side even though he was getting examined

I think this is an awesome story. Puppies saving a toddlers life, that’s very interesting!!

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/12/08/mans-best-friend-save-toddlers-life

Do you know the bridge to Snow White’s castle? Did you know that this is a real working drawbridge? And did you know that the first painting of Mickey Mouse was not in Disneyland. When Walt Disney was planning Disneyland he hired a lot of people to go all around the USA to find ideas. He went to the "Children’s Fairyland" in Oakland, California. He loved it there. And that’s where he got Mickey Mouse!

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/02/11/pssssst-secrets-from-the-happiest-place-on-earth

Article posted May 19, 2009 at 03:00 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 84

A homeowner in England walked out in her yard only to find this little guy hanging out with his head stuck inside a jar. Apparently, after licking whatever was in the jar clean, the fox had tried to get out, only to find that he was stuck!

Then the homeowner called the animal rescue services and they came and helped the little fox out. It took them 20 MINUTES!

Wow, that must have been pretty painful for the little fox! Well, I would have cried if I got stuck in a jar!

[LINK]

Who would think that our favorite youthful looking doll Barbie turned fifty on March 9th 2009. She spent it in Malibu, California in her dream house.

I think that is so cool. I didn't know she was made fifty years ago. I thought she was made 10 years ago. Anyway Happy Birthday Barbie!

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/03/08/babara-millicent-roberts-aka-barbie-turns-50

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:38 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 101

Have you ever entered a guessing contest? For example, jellybeans and you guessed pretty close? This girl named Jessica Silverman has guessed the right amount! Her number was 7594. That was exactly right, so she walked off with $25,000. This same thing happened when she was 5 yrs old, but she walked off with a toy dragon. She said it was just luck. She said she is going stop doing those guessing contest.

That’s so weird. It happened to her when she was 5 years old and 22 yrs old. I agree that it must have been luck too. Do you?

Article posted May 5, 2009 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 126

On a Saturday afternoon a dog named Tinker Bell got blown away with the wind, a 70 mile an hour wind that must have gave the owner a heart attack.

I would have been scared if my dog flew away with the wind. I would have ran after it until I was be able to catch him, and I would never let him go again!

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:41 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 74

Have you ever watched "Lord of the Rings"? And you have seen this weird looking house like what a bunny would live in? Well, this house may look fictional but it is in the hands of a guy by the name of Simon Dale and his wife and two kids! It is located in Hillside in Wales. It was built by Simon and his friends with a chainsaw, hammer, and a 1inch chisel. The rest was natural materials that would be able to be recycled!

Wow, that is so cool. I would have loved to stay in that house! It sounds pretty interesting!

Article posted September 23, 2008 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 81

There was this man named Joe, and he lived in Scottsdale. One day he had a seizure. (A seizure is like a stroke.) So his 18 month old

German Shepard, Buddy, saved him from a seizure.

What happened was his dog saw that his owner was having a seizure. Noone knows how but the dog is so amazing at saving lives because he rushed over to the phone while Joe was having a seizure. Buddy called 911 and started barking on the phone. The police saw the man's caller id and came rushing over to the house. When they came in the door they were looking around the house until they heard the dog barking in the living room. The police ran into the living room and guess what they saw? They saw the dog standing next to Joe (the man that owns the house) barking. The police could hear the loud barking. They rushed over to Joe and brought him to the hospital. He stayed there for two days.

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 03:33 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 74

I know this turtle is a weird looking turtle that looks like it's ready to party! And I know everyone is wondering what that green stuff growing on its head is. Well, it’s definitely not hair dye. It's called green algae. It might look icky but it's not because algae is really just grass. You could find these kinds of turtles in Queensland, Australia. In the 1960’s and 1970’s these turtles used to be very popular as pets, and that’s why lots of people had them as pets. But now the numbers have changed and they're one of the most endangered fresh water species in the Australian waters. These turtles lay 100 eggs each year but sometimes bad things happen to the eggs. Other animals eat them. These turtles can swim extremely fast with their small head and big body. These turtles hibernate in the winter just like other animals.

Article posted October 23, 2008 at 05:42 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 78

Professional stuntman, David Danger, made this 160ft jump over the wingspan of a large passenger airplane,, for a television show called I" Dare You."

I think that this man is incredible. Doing that must take lots of courage, and he must be very, very, brave. If I did that and I was a professional at that, I'd do it and just let be done with it. And, oh yeah, never ever try this at home because you’ll never no what will happen. So, LET THE FUN BEGIN!

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/10/05/incredible-stunts

Ok so I guess this lady loves Dalmatian dogs because if you look at this picture I think that she loves them a lot. And, man, you should see her car! It's below this picture and all of the writing. Well, as I was saying, her car has Dalmatian dots all over it. IT IS AMAZING!!!!!! And look at all of her cloths! I mean, really, where does she get all of her clothes from? And all of those stuffed animals? That’s so cool. Even her dresser where she keeps all of her clothes is covered with Dalmatian dots. Now, if you look below this picture. You could see another picture of this lady with more Dalmatian dots.

HOW MUCH FURTHER CAN THIS WOMAN GO!!!!!!!!

Article posted December 10, 2008 at 03:44 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 76

There is this dog that is very deaf. She cannot hear anything so her owner taught her some tricks. He taught her how to say kiss, talk, sit, stay, dance, lie down, and paw.

I feel so bad for the dog because she is tone deaf. That guy that is teaching her how to do sign language is still a good thing, but I still feel bad for the dog. She has to live her whole life learning sign language.

So if you you’d like to see the pictures of the dog learning sign language then go back to mrbrune.org and go to dogonews in the left corner of the page and when it gets to all of the articles then scroll all of the way down to the last article but if it is not there then you could go to the corner of the page and press one of those topics in the corner and click one of them and eventually the picture will come up sometime and if it doesn’t then comment me about the article so well have fun researching!

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 66

I think this dog is kind of funny looking because its owner is a hair dresser and its owner has these funny looking designs and colors in its hair. The dog's name is Cindy, and she always looks like a camel because the owner is a hair dresser. They live in this town called Yucca Valley. As you see, there is a picture of the dog and all of its colored hair. Look below!

It looks like a peacock!

Raise your hand if you like this picture? Isn’t it the cutest picture ever! I mean. just look at there faces. . . ADORABLE! I think this is the cutest picture I have ever seen in my life! But what I’m wondering, are those real Christmas hats? Yes or no?

If you find out comment me. I’m nickjonasluver16. Go to dogonews to figure out the. . .mystery. OK,bye!

Wow, I think that is amazing how small that car is. That’s like sooooooooooooooo small. I think it should be made for kids that is how small it is. If you look at the picture, there is this really big man in there. The car is red and it is only 39 inches and 130cm. A fully grown lady has to bend down to get the real height of the car and she is regular size. I think that it’s pretty CRAZY!

Wooooooow=http://! I think it is amazing how they're making a robot of Albert Einstein. He really died in 1955. If you look at it, you’re staring into an eye of a robot. I think this is really scary for me to look at a robot in the eye. It is able to replicate all 48 human facial muscles, thanks to its 32 built-in motors. Its skin, made with a new material called Frubber, is flexible enough to allow for very realistic expressions. He has been programmed to understand common expressions like sadness, anger, happiness, fear and confusion. I think it is very cool how those people could make these robots. Some people that make them are even scared of them Well, I think that it is very cool how people can build these really amazing things=http://! P.S But its also very creepy.

[LINK]

This man loves animals. He mostly likes tigers. He takes care of this one lion all of the time. He also loves to jump in the river and play with it in the water.

I'd love to do that to because I think it looks very, very fun. I think it is amazing and weird how this guy spends most of the time in his life hugging and kissing cats. I love animals and cats and tigers myself. I think they are adorably cute, and I love to cuddle them because I think they are so cute. But I also think they are dangerous. Well, not that dangerous, only a little dangerous. I also love animals, but I think that it is very, very, very, dangerous that someone would do something like that.

[LINK]

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:40 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

Oh, my gosh! I think it is so amazing how this dog can fit into a teacup and it’s also in the book of world records because it’s the smallest dog in the world! It is only four-inch, 3 oz puppy and can fit in a teacup. I think it is amazing! I really wish I could be that small, but I also think it is hard to be that small because what if one day you decide to go out and take a walk and you get stepped on by other people. That would really hurt. I also think it is amazing how this dog can fit in to a teacup. It is as big as a person’s palm. The people that own this one dog also own three other dogs and they're all the same kind of dogs. They are that dog's siblings. I think it is truly amazing, but I also think it very sad because there other brothers and sisters got sold when they were only six years old. I would really hate it if I had to give away my dog (Daisy). It is also very hard to give away dogs that you really love. I think it’s mean and sad to give away a dog that you really care for and love. This dog is a Chihuahua and it lives in Florida, I think it is the cutest dog ever. I really agree with the people that made this article.

[LINK]

Article posted May 5, 2009 at 03:14 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 106

Now, it was just an ordinary day, and it was really windy. There was this dog. Her name was Tinker Bell and was only 8 months old and.

Tinker Bell's leash was securely fastened to a cooler at the back of the trailer. Suddenly at 2.30 pm, a 70mph gust of wind swept through the area, lifting not only all the goods, but also poor Tinker Bell. Her owners watched in disbelief as their beloved black and tan Chihuahua that weighed a mere 5lbs "flew" away, high up in the skies, beyond reach.

I felt so bad! I watched this video, and t didn’t show the dog getting blown away. I can just imagine it getting blown away.

For the next two days they still couldn’t find the dog. Then, finally, the dog came back on Monday.

I was very surprised. I thought she would never come back. This poor dog had flown over three lanes and then LANDED IN THE WOODS! One mile away! The hungry and tired dog was excited to see his owners.

What an amazing story! I thought that was the best story I have ever read!

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 113

I felt so bad for this little fox! In a person's yard this fox came and there was food in the jar that the fox found in the backyard. The fox started to eat it. After that the fox stuck his head in the jar to get the food out. The fox was stuck. He was struggling to get out and he couldn’t. That’s why I felt really bad for him. Then the animal rescue came and helped the fox out of the jar. They got him out and the fox TOOK OFF!

After that the people that owned the yard put out food and drinks for the fox, but the fox NEVER came back. The people that owned the yard thought that the fox would never come back to their yard again because the fox learned its lesson.

[LINK]

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:20 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 89

This monkey found a dog and ever since they saw each other it was friendship at first sight.

I think it is really amazing how a monkey and a dog can actually become friends at first sign, but it's also really cute!

[LINK]

Article posted September 16, 2008 at 02:43 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 80

If you reside anywhere in the northern hemisphere the hurricane season starts on June 1st and ends on November 30th. That means that’s bad and we're trying to prepare for that.

I think that’s really bad. A lot of people can be without a house or they can even die.

[LINK]

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 02:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 112

They removed King Tut from his sarcophagus (STONE COFFIN),and his face was reveled for the first time, on November 5th of 2007, 85 years after British archeologist Howard carter found his treasure filled with tomb.

I think that’s really interesting because it was a long time ago.

[LINK]

Article posted October 15, 2008 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 107

Yesterday they launched the first offspring of NASA. It was the first and only company catering to space. It blasted of another earthling.

It was the 6th person. He works for a company developing a video game.

I think that’s really cool because going to the moon would be like playing a video game. I want to be there.

http://www.dogonews.com/2008/10/13/famous-game-developer-takes-a-vacation-to-space

Article posted September 17, 2008 at 02:51 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 75

The dog's name is Buddy and he dialed 911 because Joe got sick. Buddy had to call 911 and Joe came back from two days in the hospital. Joe went back home and he told Buddy that he is a good dog.

I think this is good because if something happens to Joe Buddy can call 911 or the house can burn. That's why I think that this is a good article.

[LINK]

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 03:24 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 72

Just for a clock it cost two million dollars! That is a lot of money just for a clock! WOW! It has a wide, gold face with 60 slits. Each represent 1 second. A blue light come out from the clock when a minute passes.

I think this is a good story because I had never read a story about a clock THAT COSTS 2 MILLION DOLLARS! That’s COOL.

[LINK]

Article posted October 24, 2008 at 03:31 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 87

In September and October this year Disneyworld and Disneyland are having a trick or treat party! Yes! They give you candy, fruits, and other things and fun. They can scare you and maybe you can get freaked out. Maybe I will. If your family is bored there is a dance floor for your family to dance for fun. There is a lot of excitement!!!

I wish I went to Disneyworld or Disneyland because there is cool stuff. You can have a lot of fun!!

LET’S GO!!!

[LINK]

Article posted December 5, 2008 at 03:40 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 69

Have you ever flied? I mean like throwing yourself out of an airplane or something else but high? There is a man that was the first one flying across 1,500 sq ft. Royal Gorge in Colorado.

Wow! Can you believe that! Would you do that? That seems like fun! Cooooollllllll!

[LINK]

Have you ever flew? I mean like throwing yourself out of an airplane or something else but high?

There is a man that was the first one flying, crossing 1,500 sq ft. Royal Gorge in Colorado.

Wow! Can you believe that! Will you do that? That seems like fun!Cooooollllllll!

If I imagine doing that I would die. Not kidding! Oh, my! And also it looks fun to do because you fly, scream, laugh, and more. If you do that now comment me and tell me how fun it was.

[LINK]

There is a chimpanzee that is so stupid because there is two long sticks and he climbs up where the two long stick finish. After that he tried to walk and guess what, he fell down.

I think that chimpanzee is smart because probably that chimpanzee already knew because he climbed up on a tree. It was also funny because how he falls down was funny. It was smart.

[LINK]

There is a hen that had a big egg two weeks ago. It's weight is 199kg, and it is 3 time bigger than a normal egg. That is a big egg.

See that egg? It is big, don't you think? Yes or no?

That was the biggest egg I ever, ever seen in my whole live. Isn’t that cool?

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/01/26/giant%20eggs

There is this woman and she is really brave because she lived for 33 days and 32 days with 5,000 live, deadly scorpions. She also sleeps with those scorpion oh my god!!

First of all would you do that because I will not? Maybe? Eewww!!!! I wonder how and why she would do that when that is so gross, dead or alive. Yuck!

[LINK]

There is a snow castle in Finland. It is made out of snow and ice. It is like a hotel because you can marry there. You can also sleep, but you need warm stuff because it is 5 degrees in there. It is warmer outside than inside. There is a restaurant in there, and the cups are made out of ice.

Oh my gosh! This is cool because you can sleep in there. I wonder if your lips get cold because the cups are made out of ice.

[LINK]

Article posted April 21, 2009 at 05:23 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 119

Guess what!? There is this car for dogs, and it is called a dog friendly version of the Honda. The car has a built-in-bed so your dog can relax after that long long run, an electric fan for the hot summer days, and something owners will appreciate - a spill–proof water bowl. And if that is not enough, a wire mesh net that will give your pet the privacy it needs.

I think it is cool for those dogs because they can have their own time too like us and have fun. Now, I want to be a dog!!

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:44 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 86

Would you like to go somewhere beautiful for 6 months? Well, there is this place called the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. In this beautiful place you can swim with the fish and take video and pictures. And guess what? You can get paid by doing those things! Isn’t that cool? If you go you have to write a blog. If you are bored you can clean the pool, feed the fish, and more.

Now, I want to go and have a great great time. Soooooo beautiful.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/09/the-best-job-in-the-world-goes-to

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:57 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 89

There was a homeowner in Ilford, England. This woman named Essex walked out in her yard. She came out only to find this little guy hanging out with his head stuck in the jar. After licking whatever was in the jar very clean in the jar, the fox had tried to get out. But he find out that he was stuck in the jar. Oh-my-gosh!!!!!! The homeowner called an animal rescue service. The man came and he took 20 minutes before the dazed animal could be freed. The animal service named the little fox Fizzle. He was 8 to 10 month old so he was just born.

First of all, poor little fox fizzle because of what happened when he got stuck. Second of all, if that was me I WOULD CRY OF DEAF, would you?

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/05/13/fizzle-the-greedy-little-fox

Article posted September 18, 2008 at 02:50 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 90

A single bee sting for an elephant is nothing compared to 10,000 bees simultaneously stinging. Now that hurts. Imaging getting stung by 10,000 bees simultaneously.

[LINK]

Article posted October 10, 2008 at 03:10 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 92

A two year old's mother was having a migraine wile playing with her child. She fell to the floor. That's when the two year old called 911. The police came immediately to check the place.

I couldn’t believe that a two year could save her mother's life by dialing 911. Not even a three or four year old can do that! It’s amazing how she did it. She said “mommy owie.” I think it’s a great story to read because it's amazing how that two year old dialed 911!

[LINK]

Article posted October 14, 2008 at 03:55 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 93

It's so amazing how with your hand you can change the channel. Instead of looking for the remote control everytime, you have it with you everywhere you go.

Isn’t that cool?

[LINK]

That’s a big collection of spots. I would imagine that she must have loved her dog so much. The dog must have been a very special dog to her. I mean, wearing dots, having a car with dots, and shoes with dots?! I would imagine her having dotted rugs and wall paper.

I think she loved her dog and that’s how it should be.

Article posted December 8, 2008 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 89

Zoe is an 18 month old dalmation. Her owner returned her to the shelter. They wanted to train her to learn to understand sign language. In order to get her to pick up the sign language gestures, they encouraged Zoe to focus on their face and expressions, by bribing her with treats.

Don’t you think this is a sad story? I do. If you have a dog, treat them well.

[LINK]

Article posted December 17, 2008 at 03:08 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 91

An owner wants his dogs to get their own house with temperature control spa, day bed, outdoor play area, and to get in the house a retina scan entry for dogs, a 52- inch plasma TV playing "The Dog Whisperer," and also an outdoor shelter with cctv.

I think they are so lucky to have so much things, I wish I was them, don’t you.

[LINK]

There was a person that stayed with 5,000 scorpions for 33 days and 33 nights. Now that’s freaky. She set a record. She also risked her life. She got bitten by 30 scorpions. She is now known as The Scorpion Queen.

I think she is really crazy. I wouldn’t do that even if they give me 90,000 dollars. Well, actually, I would!

[LINK]

A hen that lays giant eggs!? First, she laid an egg, and then she laid two. The eggs weigh 199kg.

I think it's amazing how a chicken could lay such a big egg.

Have you ever seen a real mermaid?! Well, now you can! Nadya Vessey has turned into one. You see, doctors amputated her legs when she was young and now at the age of 50 she realizes that she can be a mermaid.

I think if she tries ’s to go out to see, she would die because she needs food and water because the water is to salty.

[LINK]

You might be thinking that AJ is a person, but he’s an animal. To be more specific, he’s a 16-year old Indian ring neck parakeet. You might think that animals are not smart, but you might want to reconsider that. Check this video!

Now do you think animals are smart because I do!

Article posted April 17, 2009 at 02:37 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 74

Three-week old Tom Thumb is part of a family of four puppies born to a Chihuahua mother named Spice and a Jack Russell father called Oosie. Out of all of them there a smallest one. He can fit in a tea cup. His brothers are at least three times bigger than him.

I think he might be the smallest dog ever. What if he had a baby. Will he be as big as him or bigger?

Article posted May 7, 2009 at 03:27 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 79

Each year, police departments all over the world order new patrol cars for their units. These cars are really cool. They're different cars, and everyone in different countries tries to see who has the fastest car. I wonder if our town has a the fastest car?

[LINK]

Article posted May 15, 2009 at 02:50 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 111

Fizzle - The Greedy Little Fox

Fizzle Is a very lucky fox that had his head stuck in a jar. If the house keeper didn’t go out in the front yard and call animal control he could have died.  the fox maybe died.

Poor fox! Good thing the housekeeper was a good person.

Article posted May 29, 2009 at 02:34 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 87

Have you ever thought of having 43 slimy snails on your face? Well a boy on his 11th birthday decided to put 43 snails on his face. He saw a record on the Genius World Records 2009 that he thought he could break.

I think it's disgusting.

[LINK]

Aero is now the fastest car in the world. The Aero is now in the Guinness Book of Records.

I think that this car is great. It’s really fast. You should be careful wile driving this car. This car takes 10 minutes to fully charge.

http://www.dogonews.com/2009/01/30/move-over-tesla-here-comes-the-aero

Imagine going into space for one week. Well, Heide Marise actually made it through space., but there was a little problem. Did I say little? I mean BIG problem. As she was trying to untangle, she lost her tool bag. But she still made it through space.

[LINK]

Wow. Can you believe a boy got saved by two dogs? A little boy went into the woods and, was playing with his dogs. He went farther without even noticing so the dogs went after him. It was below 17 degrees. He was cold. Luckily, the dogs saved him. He must have been scared.

Article posted April 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM GMT0 • comment (12) • Reads 93

This cutie litte black and tan puppy can win the Guinness books of Records soon. He's four inches and 3 oz. He can even fit in a teacup. How cool is that?!

[LINK]

Article posted May 8, 2009 at 03:40 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 82

This bird can dance all kinds of miusic. How cool is that?!

[LINK]

Article posted May 20, 2009 at 03:36 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 86

This penguin never swim because he's afraid of the water. The zoo keepers have to force the penguin to get in the water.

[LINK]

This poor Chihuahua flew because a strong wind flew the little dog. The owners were so scare to see their dog flying so high. Nobody could reach the dog. A psychic that specializes in finding lost animals told them wheren to search. The dog came out of the trees because he had landed in the tree. He was happy to see his owners.

[LINK]

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!