Copyright (c) 2014 by FamousStar3000 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
FamousStar3000 -- Blogmeister

FamousStar3000

2009

by FamousStar3000

teacher: Gordon Brune

Letter to my 12th grade self (A) 06/26/09
Constitution Works (A) 06/26/09
Akeelah and the Bee (A) 06/24/09
Always her (WP) 06/11/09
Let’s see what we can do to re-re-redo those public bathrooms! (A) 06/08/09
Happy Birthday FamousStar3000 (WP) 06/04/09
So-so-da (WP) 06/03/09
Ants ALWAYS get their way! (N) 05/29/09
Was our last field trip fun? (WP) 05/28/09
Who did you want to be at our field trip? (WP) 05/28/09
A hillbilly moment (WP, Video) 05/26/09
What kind of dog do you like? (WP) 05/20/09
Read this! (WP) 05/20/09
I want that job! (WP) 05/19/09
Dont Trust Her (WP) 05/14/09
She’s not that old…! (N) 05/05/09
What is your favorite animal? (WP) 05/04/09
SHORT SHORTS #2 (WP) 04/28/09
SHORT SHORTS (WP, Audio) 04/27/09
Famousstar3000 (WP) 04/27/09
SHOES (WP) 04/21/09
Favorite color poll (WP) 04/20/09
THATS HILARIOUS! (N) 04/17/09
Want to have the best time of your liiiffffeeee? (A) 04/03/09
That’s Incredible! (N) 03/27/09
D.A.R.E (A) 03/24/09
Hey hey you you!! - Girlfriend (WP, Video) 03/17/09
Wimpy Kid Comic Contest (A) 03/16/09
Hawaiian Princess (WP) 03/14/09
The Human Vending Machine (N) 03/14/09
Bueler Challenger Center (A) 03/11/09
Final Pioneer Diary Entry (A) 03/10/09
When I growup (WP, Video) 03/05/09
The biggest, no, I mean smallest car built (N) 02/13/09
Messed up cakes?! (WP) 02/09/09
Everytime We Touch, by Casada (WP, Video) 02/08/09
Potential Breakup, lyrics By Aly and Aj (WP, Video) 01/31/09
Do you like crossword puzzles? (N) 01/30/09
American Boy (WP, Audio) 01/27/09
Do you like chewing on pencils? (N) 12/17/08
Wouldn’t that be cool? (N) 12/08/08
My friends (WP) 12/05/08
Me and my sister Ginger (WP) 12/05/08
The values of American Democracy (A) 11/19/08
Famousstar3000's School Report (A) 11/19/08
I don’t love Scrabble that much! (WP) 11/12/08
Robot’s that do your work? (WP) 11/05/08
I would NEVER do that! (WP) 11/03/08
Wow, Imagine walking to school like this! (WP) 11/03/08
The Carnival (WP, Audio) 10/31/08
McCain vs. Obama (A) 10/28/08
The Twelve Million Dollar Clock? (N) 10/16/08
The second edition of. . .(WP) 10/15/08
Do you want to take the bus to Australia? (N) 10/14/08
My beautiful dog (WP) 10/06/08
I am getting a new pet (A) 10/03/08
I can't believe that! (WP) 10/02/08
Jan! Put that net down! (N) 10/02/08
Dear Diary (WP) 09/24/08
All the teachers I had in my life (WP) 09/24/08
America Is. . . (A) 09/17/08
Trouble- The Twelve Million Dollar Dog (N) 09/16/08
Fan World (WP) 09/15/08
The Skeleton Man (WP) 09/15/08

Title: DARE Report (A) (03/23/09)
Description: Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) is a police officer-led series of classroom lessons taught from Kindergarten though 12th grade.

The D.A.R.E. program is more than just drug prevention education; it teaches students good decision making skills to help them avoid high-risk behavior to ensure they grow up healthy, safe and secure.

Read more HERE.

In D.A.R.E. I learned that tobacco is a harmful drug that makes you have yellow teeth with dry skin. Learning that helps me make healthy choices.

In D.A.R.E. I learned that marijuana affects your brain and body. Also, Alcohol can hurt a teenager’s body more than an adult’s body. The impact on me was I will never do it.

Some of the skills that D.A.R.E. taught me were to say no to bad choices.

I commit to make wise decisions about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.

Welcome to DARE. My name is SuperStar9. Have you ever wondered what D.A.R.E. means? Well, there are two meanings. The first meaning is Drug, Abuse, Resistance, and Education. The second meaning is Define, Assess, Respond, Evaluate. This is a decision making model. It means to describe the problem, challenge, or opportunity. What are your choices? Make a choice and use the facts and information you have gathered. Review your decision. Did you make a good choice?

I have learned a lot in D.A.R.E. I don’t know where to start. I learned about tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol and how they are bad for your body.

The most important thing was they made alcohol advertising like bibs for baby, shirts, and more. This is important because imagine your kid with the alcohol bibs and with your favorite alcohol drink. Alcohol leads to loss of coordination, slowed reflexes, loss of self – control, poor judgment, and slurred speech. But most important is memory lapses. Did you know that about 84.1 of 8th graders don't drink? Imagine how many do drink?

I also learned how tobacco affects your body. It gives you lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, and yellow teeth. With yellow teeth your wife or girlfriend won’t want to kiss you.

Marijuana harms short-term memory loss, loss of the ability to concentrate, slows coordination and reflexes, and effects your ability to judge distance, speed and reaction time. These are important in sports or even riding a bike. Did you know that about 93.2% of 8th graders don’t smoke?

The skills I learned are to make good choices and say no to tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana, and how to know when you have a good friend. Most important, you have to keep your body healthy.

I promise to make good decisions about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. I hope you’ve learned about D.A.R.E. If you do one of these things now you know what it could do to your body. Have a great day. Thank You.

I have learned a lot in the D.A.R.E program this year. This was the first year I have ever had D.A.R.E, which stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education .The D.A.R.E program is to help you make good decisions and to learn about the safety of drugs. I have learned to make healthy choices and wise decisions from the D.A.R.E program.

I have also learned about how dangerous smoking, drinking, tobacco, and other types of drugs can be and how much it can affect your body. For example, you can get types of cancer from smoking. One type is lung cancer. Drinking can affect how your body acts and works. If you are over the age of 21 you are allowed to have alcohol. Also, if you are over the age of 21 and you can have beer, you should be careful not to have too much because it can still affect you. If you are under the age of 21, it will affect you more if you have beer. Marijuana can be dangerous too. Some affects are short term memory loss, loss of ability to concentrate, and slow coordination and reflexes.

I have had a lot of good times in D.A.R.E thanks to Officer DiRuzza. She was a great D.A.R.E officer. For future students who will have her next year you will think she is great!!

I will make a commitment to never use drugs the wrong way and to never smoke.

This year in D.A.R.E. I learned a lot. Before I started doing D.A.R.E. I really didn’t know what could happen to you if you started smoking or even drinking. I thought anyone could do it and nothing could happen to you.

First, I learned what could happen to you if you make bad decisions like starting to smoke or drinking or even hanging around people that had been smoking or that are smoking at that minute. I learned that if you smoke you could get lung cancer, mouth cancer, bladder cancer, heart cancer, and a lot more different cancers to name.

Being around people that are smoking or that had smoked before is bad for you and your body. If you see one of your friends smoking you are going to want to start smoking because you probably think that it’s cool. They will ask for a cigarette and start smoking, and they will get addicted so you will want to start smoking too. It is also bad if you are around someone that is smoking because you can get sick even though you are not the one smoking. It is called second hand smoke. It is bad because you are breathing in smoke that other people have smoked. It’s disgusting.

I also learned that there is this thing called nicotine in cigarettes that is addictive and make you keep smoking your whole life even though it is bad for you.

Also, if you start smoking it would be harder to do sports because you would be so tired, you might have a bad cough, or you might have asthma so you couldn’t run as fast as you did when you didn’t smoke.

Learning everything that could happen to you if you start smoking or even drinking is sad. When I see people on the sidewalk or in their cars’ smoking, I really want to tell them to stop and tell them what could happen to them. I bet that you didn’t know that you could even start smoking for a week and then die the next.

I have also learned about abuse. You could get abused by strangers or your best friend. It’s sad to hear that someone got abused by their favorite person in the world.

I promise that I will never make bad decisions in my lifetime and to always think before I do something.

I learned many things in D.A.R.E.

I learned that beer causes brain damage, and seven hundred kids died from secondhand smoke. I also learned that advertising about beer and cigarettes makes kids want to drink beer and smoke and that’s bad.

These things are important to know because you can lose brain cells. Also, smoking and drinking are dangerous.

These facts impacted me. I won’t drink because I don’t want to hurt my brain. Learning about smoking makes me want to help my family quit. Advertising for beer or for smoking isn’t cool to me.

In D.A.R.E. I learned what to say when people offer me drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes. I also learned how to make the right choices.

I promise never to use alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes.

My name is Mario64. When I first started D.A.R.E I did not know what to do. Then when I knew what it meant I started to pay more attention.

So far in D.A.R.E I learned that young men or women can get lung cancer and can get yellow teeth by smoking tobacco. You do not want to have yellow teeth. It is important that younger kids don’t get caught with tobacco and other drugs like alcohol.

Drinking can affect how your body acts and works. If you are over the age of 21 you are allowed to have alcohol. If you are over the age of 21 you can have beer. You should be careful not to have too much because that can still affect you. If you are under the age of 21 it will affect you more if you have beer. Marijuana can be dangerous too. Some affects are short term memory loss, loss of ability to concentrate, and loss of the ability to use reflexes.

I love D.A.R.E. It is all because of Officer DiRuzza. D.A.R.E is so much fun because you get to hold Darrin, the mascot for the program. And I promise that I will never smoke or drink alcohol.

This is D.A.R.E.: Drug Abuse Resistance Education. DARE helps me make smart choices and decisions. I have learned that I can walk away if someone offers a cigarette.

I have learned that smoking can be addicting because it has tar in it, and that smoking Marijuana is illegal in the U.S. I also learned that alcoholic beverages can make you lose brain cells. It is difficult to say no to our friends.

I have learned skills of getting out of risky smoking situations. I can give reasons, facts, use humor, or ignore the person offering the drug.

My commitment to make wise decisions is to never take any kind of drug that does bad things to your body. To protect my health, I will never take any kind of tobacco or beer. I shall accept no kind of drugs. This is what DARE taught me.

Thanks, DARE!

D.A.R.E

Hi, my name is FamousStar3000, and I am a participant of D.A.R.E. When I first started D.A.R.E. I really didn’t know what can happen to you if you use cigarettes and alcohol and more. Well, now I, know, and I will tell you what I learned in D.A.R.E.

The first thing I learned was choosing Healthy Decisions and making the right choice. We did that by thinking about situations like going somewhere when your parents aren’t home or saying no to take a cigarette. I also learned about marijuana and Peer Pressure. For instance, say you were with your two best friends and one wants you to take a cigarette and the other person doesn’t want you to take one. That’s Peer Pressure.

Some of the ads you see are sometimes illegal. They don’t tell you that, though. We also made a Warning Label about what this product might do to you. My Warning Label said, “This Product may cause serious diseases or may cause death.” This is so important because if we ever take these things, we could at least think about what we are doing and remember all of the facts. This is also important to know this because if we take these drugs and we didn’t know about it, we could die! But now we know about it, and now we have a second chance to think about it. 

I absolutely love D.A.R.E!!! I also love our D.A.R.E. Officer, Officer DiRuzza, and, of course, Darren the D.A.R.E lion. Before we started D.A.R.E., I had no clue what these horrible things could do to you! 

My Pledge/Commitment is to never take these “drugs” and, well, we shouldn’t even go near them! If someone ever came up to me and asked, “ Do you want a cigarette etc.,” I will remember what I learned form Officer DiRuzza and make a wise decision. I will not take it because I AM A D.A.R.E. PARTICIPANT AND I WILL NEVER USE DRUGS=http://!! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brune/3386948347/" target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/brune/3386948347/" title="dare report by 5B@MAS, on Flickr">dare report

Hi, my name is locust117, and I am learning about D.A.R.E.. At first I didn’t know what we were going to talk about.

But after one lesson I learned things like how young men and women can get lung cancer from smoking and can get yellow teeth from smoking.

I also learned that D.A.R.E stands for Drugs, Abuse, Resistance and Education. I love D.A.R.E. because Officer DiRuzza lets one table touch Daren. (He’s the mascot for D.A.R.E.) Also it’s important that you don’t drink because if you’re under the age of 21 it’s going to affect you more. Like for example, you can get memory loss. Marijuana is also bad for you. It can affect you because you can lose your ability, and you can lose reflexes.

I also learned that you can get out of smoking situations by using humor, saying no, walking away, or you can give facts about smoking, drugs, and drinking.

I love D.A.R.E., and it’s so fun thanks to Officer DiRuzza. She’s the reason that D.A.R.E. is so fun. And I promise that I will never smoke, drink, or do drugs for the rest of my life.

Do you know what D.A.R.E means? Well, it means two different things. The first definition means: Drug, Abuse, Resistance, and Education. And the second meaning means D for Define, A for Assess, R for Respond, and E for Evaluate. These are very important words because they help you make decisions about drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.

What I learned in D.A.R.E was very important. When we were learning about tobacco, I learned that you can get many types of cancer, and it can affect your mouth, throat, and your lungs. If you smoke it can hurt your friends and family because you can give your loved ones the same symptoms as someone who smokes. So now I know that I will never smoke.

Although I’ve written a lot about tobacco, I’ve also learned about the dangers of alcohol and drugs.

I promise to make wise decisions about alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. And a big thanks to P.O. DiRuzza.

What I have learned is how to say no to drugs and alcohol. I have learned how to say no to your friends when they want you to smoke. I have learned how to make good choices and not bad ones through my whole life.

Alcohol

Did you know that a lot of teens like to drink a lot? Teens probably do not know what is in that beer. You know teens probably like to drink because there is beer signs everywhere you go, n shoes, bus stops, and there are beer signs even on baby bibs. If you dink too much beer then it can affect the way you grow. If you drink too much then it is bad for you. Just remember that you have to say no to drugs.

Tobacco

A lot of people end up in the hospital because of tobacco. Over 2,000 people die from tobacco. People get mouth cancer, lung cancer, heart cancer, and you can even lose brain cells. People who don’t even smoke die because they breath the cigarettes. This is important because if someone asks you to smoke then you can tell them important information. Then you can just walk away.

So remember, when people ask you to smoke you can just tell them facts or you can say no and walk away.

I promise that I will never smoke or drink and I will make good choices through my whole life.

In D.A.R.E. (Drug, Abuse, Resistance, Education) we have been taught many different things. For example, how to make good choices when you’re being asked by someone telling you to do something bad or good. That is called peer pressure.

During our D.A.R.E. program we had a booklet were we did most of our work. In the booklet it had situations that people were stuck in. We had to write down what he/she should say and if it was a good choice or not.

Also, we’ve been taught not to smoke anything like marijuana because of the affects it has on your body. You could get cancer. The cancer could cause death. Or if you smoke, it might cause something bad to others from secondhand smoke. It might cause damage to your brain. Also, your teeth could turn out not so great. Your gums could turn a light color, which means they’re getting weak. And your fingernails and toenails might turn black and nasty.

Chewing tobacco isn’t any good either because it could cause dehydration. So if you’re a pitcher that chews tobacco it isn’t good if you want to play good.

After we learned about smoking, we learned about alcohol. Alcohol isn’t as bad as smoking, but it can still hurt you and other people. For example, if you drink alcohol too much it can do something that could make you hurt someone or yourself when you didn’t mean to do it.

That is all we have learned in D.A.R.E. I think it was a fun experience, and I learned a lot.

I pledge never to smoke anything or even attempt to smoke ever in my life or take drugs.

In D.A.R.E I learned all the bad things that can happen to you if you make bad decisions with alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco, but after you read this essay you will not want to take them.

With DARE I learned about a lot of thing but the first was what it stands for. DARE stands for, Define, Assess, Respond, and Evaluate. Or more commonly Drugs, Alcohol, Resistance, Education.

Tobacco

Here are some facts about tobacco. See if you think smoking is cool after reading this. Tobacco has 200 known poisons in it. Smoking can cause Heart Disease too. Smoking can cause cancer in your : mouth, throat, bladder, kidney, and worst of all in your lungs. Cigarettes contain Nicotine which is additive and makes you want to take more. More than 400,000 people die each year from cancer related death. It is the leading cause of preventable death in this country. If you ask me it should be illegal.

Marijuana

If you use marijuana you can suffer from short-term memory loss. Also it can be additive. There is more tar in marijuana smoke than even tobacco smoke. (That's a lot of tar.) Marijuana contains 50% to 70% more cancerous chemicals than tobacco smoke.

But luckily it is illegal unlike cigarettes.

Alcohol

Alcohol is illegal if you are under 21. These are some facts that show that was a good law to create. Alcohol can damage every organ in your body. Also if you drink too much you can die or be put into a coma. Alcohol ruins your body after and while you’re drinking it. You are slower and you get blurred vision. I’d think twice when you ask for more beer.

Now you see what DARE has taught me and hopefully has taught you too.

I will not drink or smoke ever and definitely won’t use drugs. I hope you don’t either.

=In D.A.R.E., I learned different ways to say, “No.” I also learned: facts about marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco and its effects, making the right choice using the decision-making model, pear pressure, friendship foundation and what medicine is.

I thought the D.A.R.E program was helpful, and I don’t think the people that learned about marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco will think twice before they start drinking or smoking.

I will never drink alcohol after I learned that alcohol can damage every organ in my body or too much alcohol can slow down your body and lead to coma and death. As for marijuana, there are also damages to you if you smoke. For example, marijuana can cause breathing problems, short-term memory loss, and you lose the ability to concentrate. Tobacco can also make breathing harder. Smoking can cause heart disease.

I think it is important to be drug-free and avoid violence because if you smoke or drink, you can die.

I now will promise to make wise decisions about alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.

Where would you go on a boring day? Why not come to Mamaroneck Playhouse? I went there when I was bored. It invited me in to a world of adventure, action, and comedy. People should come to Mamaroneck Playhouse.

First, you should go there because it has awesome seats. These seats make you think you’re in the movie! How cool is that! For example, if you sit in the front you can hear background effects. Isn’t that awesome!

Also, the sound is terrific. It makes you think the people/characters are talking to you in real life! Isn’t that cool?

Most importantly, it has the tastiest, most delicious, awesomely tasting snacks ever. The snacks keep your taste buds awake for the awesome movie in front of you.

Come to Mamaroneck Playhouse, get some awesome seats, and start watching.

Article posted April 14, 2009 at 05:56 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 60

Welcome to D.A.R.E.: Drug Abuse Resistance Education

This program teaches you how to stay away from drugs and alcohol and how drugs and alcohol can affect you and how it damages your body.

In D.A.R.E we also talk about peer pressure and how to say NO. For example, people can come up to and try to give you drugs and alcohol and say, “please, please, please.” Then you could just say no.

Also the program tells you ways to get out of sticky situations.

You can do:

- Walk away

- Say no

- Be confident

D.A.R.E is a fun way to learn how to stay away from drugs and alcohol.

I promise not to go on drugs and drink alcohol.

D.A.R.E is a very fun and an interesting program to learn. You learn about making good choices, the effects of drugs, and what can happen to you if you smoke or drink alcohol or smoke marijuana. All of those things I just mentioned can slow you down in your body and growth system.

We learned about making good and healthy choices. We thought about alcohol, marijuana, and smoking. We wrote a warning label. We solved tobacco situations. We talked about how hard it is to say “no” to your friends. We learned about peer pressure situations and all of the things that can affect your body.

But what I think was most interesting to learn about was smoking. Smoking can slow your body down. Smoking can make your teeth and lungs brown and make your teeth fall out. It’s a good thing I learned this. I never knew how bad all those things I learned were. I was very shocked when I heard what smoking marijuana and tobacco can do to you. It’s a great thing I learned in D.A.R.E.

I’m so happy I learned D.A.R.E, and I promise I won’t smoke, smoke marijuana, or drink alcohol at all in my young life or older life=http://!

While I was in D.A.R.E I learned about making good decisions and making healthy choices.

I learned how to get out of risky situations and how to use the DARE decision making model: to Define, Assess, Respond, and Evaluate.

I learned the types of peer pressure like, positive, bullying, and friendly, teasing, indirect, and heavy.

I learned that smoking marijuana and tobacco both affect every part of your body: your brain, your mouth and throat, your lungs, your heart, liver and more. It also slows you down if you play sports. It causes breathing problems, upper respiratory problems, heart disease and all cancers, and you get more colds.

I learned that cigarettes contain nicotine, which causes addiction. Over 400,000 people die each year because of tobacco. Smoking causes bad breath and yellow teeth.

I learned about alcohol, how people want you to drink even though it's bad for you. Companies spend over half a billion dollars to advertise beer.

Alcohol can make you do things you wouldn’t normally do and also lead to coma and death.

From now on I will always make right decisions. I promise to never ever smoke or drink under age. I hope you make this pledge, too, and if you are doing one of those things I hope I convinced you to stop. PLEASE STOP SMOKING.

I couldn’t have asked for a better DARE teacher. Thank you Officer DiRuzza.

D.A.R.E is a program that teaches children to take the right choices. While I was in the program I learned how tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and cigarettes affect your body.

Smoking tobacco causes breathing problems for you. Over 400,000 people have died each year from smoking tobacco. Smoking also causes shortness of breath and dizziness. Chewing tobacco causes dehydration. If you play sports it’s going to be hard to play.

I also learned about marijuana. There’s more tar in marijuana smoke than tobacco. Marijuana users have an increased risk of cancer. Marijuana is illegal in the United States.

I also learned about alcohol and how it’s bad for you. Alcohol slows down your brain and body. Teen bodies are still growing, therefore alcohol affects them more severely than adults. Some people buy alcohol for minors with their id.

The D.A.R.E program also taught us about peer pressure and how to make our own decisions and not follow others.

As you can see the program is good for us. They show us how to say no to tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol.

Now that I now how tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol affects your body, I will take wise decisions and say no to tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol.

My name is BoomBubbie, and I have learned a lot in D.A.R.E. I have learned that marijuana is illegal in America, causes bad breath, and lots more. I have also learned that a cigarette causes lung disease and cancer.

I have also learned the affects about smoking. When I learned about the facts it surprised me because all the people who I know drink and smoke. I felt sad for them because those are things they could die from.

I have learned that there are things to say when someone asks you if you want a cigarette. You can say no, you can give the cold shoulder, or you can walk away. And if they call you a chicken you tell them chickens can’t smoke.

My Pledge: I promise that I will never smoke nor drink. I also will stay away from people who smoke because that causes second hand smoke.

Thank you, Officer DiRuzza.

Books I’ve read:

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
See other books we’ve read HERE

I'm SMART and I have my Internet Driver's License!

smart

Get "AnswerTips" about ANY word on this website by double clicking the word!